It all started with a drink (...

By bakkarii

When Ryan and Michael, who aren't from entirely different worlds, meet at a club where Ryan and John are prom... More

New story alert 🤪🤪
Important Characters
Prolouge
Chapter One- Keys
Chapter Two- Attitudes
Chapter Three- Grape Soda
Chapter Four- Wrong Number
Chapter Five- Outfits
Chapter Six- Hickeys
Chapter Seven- Misleading Kisses
Chapter Eight- In New Yorrrk
Chapter Nine- A Square
Chapter Ten- Reporters
Chapter Eleven - Cuddles
Chapter Twelve- Violent Naps
Chapter Thirteen- Misunderstandings
Chapter Fourteen- Pinches
Chapter Fifteen- Chains
Chapter Sixteen- Poems
Chapter Seventeen- Dinner
Chapter Eighteen- Communication
Chapter Nineteen- Graduation
Chapter Twenty- Yachts
Twenty One- Money Talks
Chapter Twenty Two- The Fight
Chapter Twenty Three- Roast Beef
Chapter Twenty Four- Daiquiris
Chapter Twenty Five- Aggressive
Chapter Twenty Six- Truth
Chapter Twenty Seven- Apologies ?
Chapter Twenty Eight- Comfort Zone
Chapter Twenty Nine- Nicknames
Chapter Thirty- Guest Bedroom
Chapter Thirty One- Rings N Tings
Chapter Thirty Two- Scared
Chapter Thirty Three- Sick
Chapter Thirty Four- Jokes
Chapter Thirty Five- Breakfast
Chapter Thirty Six- Slip ups
Chapter Thirty Seven- Nurses
Chapter Thirty Eight- Magazine Covers
Chapter Thrity Nine- Turn offs
Chapter Forty- Pool Party
Chapter Forty One- Broken Records
Chapter Forty Two- Faking it
Chapter Forty Three- Hiding
Chapter Forty Four- Happy Birthday
Chapter Forty Five- Exposed
Chapter Forty Six- Please
Chapter Forty Seven- Business
Chapter Forty Eight- Confrontation
Chapter Forty Nine- Justine
Chapter Fifty- Starting Over
Chapter Fifty One- Set Straight
Chapter Fifty Two- Bitten
Chapter Fifty Three- Gender Reveal
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER PT.1
BONUS CHAPTER PT.2
BONUS CHAPTER FINALE

Chapter Fifty Four- The Maldives

2.7K 82 121
By bakkarii

(Ryan's POV)

"Wow." I look around the bungalow. "Bookie it's so pretty here." Going around to inspect everything.

"I'm hot and tired." He snatches his hoodie off and picks me up by my waist. We fall onto the bed and he closes his eyes quickly relaxing.

"I want to go exploring, we don't have that long here and it's no time to sleep." I tap his face trying to wiggle out of his tight grip.

"Can we take a quick nap?"

"You can but I'm going into the ocean." Breaking free from him I excitedly slip into my bathing suit. "Come on at least lay on one of the chairs outside." I pull on his arm barely picking his lazy body off the bed.

"Fine, don't let me sleep for too long." He finally rolled out of the bed and made his way to one of the lounging chairs. "It's not too deep right? Your ass still can't swim." He looks at me as I slide into the warm water with my toes hitting the sand.

"It's okay, I can doggy paddle." I say making his chuckle.

"I'm finna come in, I don't trust you in the water alone."

"No I'll be fine and what do I look like drowning in five feet of water? I'll be okay take ya little nap so we can go out exploring later." I did actually want him to be in the water with me, but at the same time he can't sleep on the plane so he's been up for too long. So I let him rest and I swam around in the warm water watching the small fish swim past me.

"Hey neighbor." A deep voice startled me making me fall into the water a little. They catch me steadying my body. "Woah, I didn't mean to scare you. Are you alright?"

"Yeah I-" I was at a loss for words staring at the man in front of me.

"You what? Are you sure you're okay?"

"You just startled me, I'll be okay. I didn't think there was anyone else out here."

"Well I'm Donnell, I seen you swimming out here alone, so I decided to say hello. My wife is over there somewhere." He turns around and scans the water seeing her, he waves.

"Hey Donnell, I'm Ryan I was only out here alone because my boyfriend was trying to take a nap. The fly out here was long."

"I understand, when we first got here I felt like I could sleep for multiple days."

"How long have you been here?"

"A week, we're staying for another two so right now we're just relaxing before we go on this hike."

"Im definitely not a hiking person. It was nice to meet you." Laughing I stick out my hand and shake his.

"Nice to meet you too, maybe we can meet up and do some couple activities or something." He flashes a smile at me.

"We're only here for the next two days. It's our anniversary so I want to have as much alone time as we can until we get back."

"Oh congratulations, well we're right next door if you need anything."

"Bye." I wave as he swims back to his wife. The man surely was a looker, but he was nothing compared to Michael in my book. I slowly walk/swim back to the bungalow seeing that Michael was sitting up staring at me.

"Who was that?" He helps me up the ladder before snatching my body to closer to him, pressing his naked chest against mine.

"Our neighbor he wanted to say hello."

"That seemed like more than a hello to me, you're lucky I didn't take my ass over there." He tilts my head up making me meet his gaze. "What else did he say?"

"That he and his wife were out there and that they were relaxing before they took a hike." His thumb rubs my chin as he nods.

"I don't want you talking to no niggas here. I brought us out here to spend time with each other, you don't need to be paying nobody else any attention. The way he was looking at you, I could tell he was imagining what you looked like under this." He pulled the string on my bathing suit before letting it snap back against my skin. He leans down and presses a hard kiss to my lips making me step away slightly rubbing where the string popped me.

"He has a wife." I say slowly making sure that he understood what I was saying.

"That don't mean shit, niggas will cheat on anyone for some pussy. Stop acting naive." He kissed his teeth before pulling me back towards him. "I don't want to see him around you anymore, understand?" He pushes my head back gripping the back of my neck making me look at him as he spoke. I just stare at him, because I couldn't control if that man was next to me or not. "I said do you understand?" He deepens his voice and tightens his grip making me squirm a little.

"Yes Michael, I wasn't talking to him in that way, so it shouldn't matter what he says. I'm here with you right?"

"I don't care what you were talking to him like, fuck that nigga and everything he was talking about. Do what I said and it won't be any problems."

"Nigga who are you talking to?" I scrunch up my eyebrows cocking my neck back.

"You, I don't see anyone else in this room."

"Nigga please." I push out of his grip walking over to my suitcase pulling out a crop top and some high waisted shorts. I shower washing all the ocean water and sand off of me and get dressed.

"You know you're mine right?" Michael looks up from his phone seeing that I walked into the room.

"Michael stop playing with me." I release my braids from the giant bun that was on top of my head.

"I'm dead serious, you'll always be mine. Won't be no nigga after me. You're it for me and I don't play about what's mine." I look at what he was wearing, he had a loose button up that was only buttoned up half way, some ripped up jean shorts and white sneakers.

"I can't take what you're saying seriously when you have jean shorts on and ya titties out. Button that shit up stop trying to show people my chest." I go over to him buttoning up the rest of his shirt and pulling his chain out from beneath his shirt.

"Can't ever take shit serious, I'm not kidding though Ryan." He unbuttons his shirt before resting his hands on my hips. I look down at him as he sucks his bottom lip into his mouth. I rub his stubbly jaw before kissing his cheek softly.

"I know you aren't. But when I tell you something wasn't that serious, it wasn't. I know who I'm with and I'm not about to cheat on you on our anniversary vacation. That's grimy as fuck, plus you look way better than him."

"Come on let's go get something to eat." We walk hand and hand through the rows off bungalows before making it into the town. Everything was fish related which was okay because I was down to try something new today. Michael's dumb ass ordered us something mad spicy. I knew I could handle it there wasn't anything that wasn't too spicy for me. So when I bit into it I already knew Michael was finna be tore up.

"Is it spicy?" He looked at me inspecting my facial expression and I shrugged.

"Nah it's alright, actually tastes pretty good." I scoop more of the fish and rice into my mouth smiling at him. Seeing me eat it easily he took a big chunk in his mouth. As soon as it hit his taste buds his eyes snapped to mine, trying to swallow his mouth full of fish. Snatching his bottle of water he downs the whole thing blowing out a breath.

"Fuck." He says in a raspy voice making me laugh. "You a lier, this shit is hot!"

"It's not that bad, pussy." I eat some more before speaking again. "If it's that bad order something else. Who knew big and strong Michael B. Jordan couldn't handle a little spice."

"That's not a little, I'm not a pussy so I'm going to finish this." I watch him slowly eat his food coughing in between eat bite.

"You're going to have the runs." I point my fork at him.

"I'm not."

"You are, you're not used to spicy food so this will run straight through you. Should've ordered something more in your lane."

"Shut the hell up and finish your food so we can get out of here." I laugh slowly eating my food torturing him a little. It didn't take long before we were both finished and leaving the small restaurant.  The beach was popping right now everyone and their mother was out in the water swimming with the various sea animals that swam closer to the shore.

"You want to go back to the room? Or you want to go to the beach here?" He looks down at me wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"Can we just walk around for a while?"

"Yeah we can do that." We walk through the sandy grass in a comfortable silence before I speak again. "Damn if someone told me a year ago that I'd be here with you like this I wouldn't have believed them."

"I don't know if I wouldn't have believed them, but I knew since the day that we met for that sprite interview that I was going to make you mine."

"Really since then? I was so rude to you." I laugh a little and he shrugs.

"It was just something about you that captured my attention. You've been on my mind 24/7 since then and I don't think anyone will be able to feel the same strong love I have for you. I love you so much Ryan." He turns me around and places his lips on to mine.

"I'm always on your mind?" I wrap my arms around his torso smiling up at him as he rolls his eyes.

"Is that all you took from that?"

"Maybe..." I bite my lip before I laugh. "Kidding, you know I love you baby boy." I give him another kiss before looking at his smile.

"I was going to wait until tomorrow to do this but." He stepped away from me making my eyebrows crunch together as he dug in his pocket. He slowly goes on one knee and I shake my head feeling my heart rate sky rocket. "Damn this sand is fucking hot," He grumbles before situating himself on the sand looking up at me. "Ryan will you marry me, I don't think I could be with out you. I need you in my life, sometimes I feel like I need you more than I need to breathe. Even though I know you didn't like the idea of marriage this is it for us. I know I don't want anyone else I just want you for the rest of my life, even when we die I hope our ghost will still be together." He smiles at me and I shake my head again, suddenly feeling sick. It felt like all the air was snatched out of my body and I couldn't bring myself to utter an answer.

He was just kneeling in the sand looking at me for what felt like hours when I finally felt the answer slip out of my mouth before I could catch it.

"What do you mean no?" I slap my hand over my mouth stepping away from him as he stands up. "Ryan, please tell me you're joking." He takes my hand into his and I feel tears well up in my eyes.

"It's too soon Michael, I can't marry you." I shake my head again looking down at the sand.

"How is it too soon? That's bullshit! I hate when people have to put a time limit on things, Ryan I just told you I can't fucking live with out you. I don't care if we were only together for a year, hell I knew that I wanted to marry you since you agreed to move in with me on my birthday. The next day I went and got this ring, I made up my mind already. I want you."

"You might've made up your mind but I still think we need more time to discover each other." I put some space in between us. I could tell he was getting angry with my answer because he turned away from me and clenched his jaw and hands.

"Fuck! You can never commit to any damn thing, Ryan just say yes!" He snatches my hand up and places the ring on my finger. "Please." He whispers looking at me with tears in his eyes making my heart break.

"I can't marry you Michael. I'm sorry." I take the ring right back off placing into his hand before turning around and walking away from him.

The end

I'm sorry guys but this is it 😭😭😭😭 the end of "It all started with a drink". I'm glad you stayed along for this long ride I started this book two months ago and I have 18k+ reads which is blowing my mind. I might write some bonus chapters here and there but this needed to end. It lasted for a couple chapters too long for me. But do not worry guys I'll be back in like two weeks with another book and I'll drop the excerpt for that later. I hope y'all enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 15.3K 90
What do you do when the king of an advanced country in Africa wants to get to know a chick from the Bronx for the better? Is she fit to be a Queen fo...
945 417 18
"Three words, eight letters. Say it and I'm yours, Scarlett." *** To the model Scarlett Rodriguez, handsome Jeremy Richards was like a fairytale prin...
338K 15.3K 75
Y/N and Michael have known each other since 1996 when they were just five years old and as they grew up together they were inseparable. They eventual...
404 24 6
Deleted at 70K. A refreshing take on Erik Killmonger imagines. Enjoy!