Let's keep it professional |...

Da Nichiirawberry

Sakura's boyfriend is a douche. Her boyfriend and live-in partner, Sasori, is a band guitarist and vocalist... Altro

- Disclaimer/ToC -
I.
II.
III.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
Xa.
Xb.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
Epilogue
- Remarks -

IV.

5.5K 257 517
Da Nichiirawberry

•••

Sakura had no choice. She had to agree because none of the three had the sympathy to take her home, and her salary won't cover all of her expenses if she was to add rent money on her deductions.

They had a deal though. If this won't work out, or something bad ever happened to her that involved him, she can immediately leave and stay home with either of them. But until then, they were giving this a shot. They told her that the chances of being raped by the office hearthrob was as low as 3% to none. She swatted them for this.

Sakura left after Sasuke did, and also gave her a spare key, in case she gets home first.

In this case, she did get home first.

Still no sign of Sasori at home.

Sakura immediately minded her own business and oddly entered Sasuke's front door. She still wasn't used to it.

She had the place to herself. What was Sasuke thinking, trusting her with his keys and his own place? Wasn't he scared of being robbed or anything? It's not that Sakura would do such a thing, but if he would ought to do this with everybody, he'll be living in the streets.

Sakura had all the time in the world to think and compose of what she was going to say to Sasuke when he gets home. Like, would she be, hey Sasuke I'm just wondering if I could be your pretend-girlfriend haha or be like, I hope you don't mind me living with you for a few months haha

The door suddenly opened and Sakura sat properly - lady like - in response.

Sasuke was home, holding two plastic bags of what seems to be some chinese take out and two large drinks.
"Hey," He greeted. "You're home early."

Home? Sakura blushed at the possibilities.

"Here, I bought chinese take out. I hope you eat chinese food...." It seems like Sasuke hasn't thought of it before actually buying. "..do you?" Sakura thought how cute he is and nodded in response.
"Thanks, but.. you really don't have to.. I mean, I'm just a guest here." The pinkette shrugged, walking towards him. Sasuke only gave her an obvious sarcastic face.
"What?" She asked.

"You're my guest, I thought this would be appropriate." He said in a form of a question. Sakura wasn't sure if she was to answer or not.
"Uhm - well, what if - I'm no longer your guest...?" Uh oh. That came out wrong.

"I mean - urghh -"
"Are you trying to say you want to stay here a little longer?" He asked like the statement was no big deal and kept on unpacking his chinese take out, taking out his chopsticks.
"Well yeah -"
"Okay. I don't mind," He started eating.

Sakura bit her lip, "that's not just it,"
"What else?" Sasuke was hiding a smirk as he took a sip on his large drink. Sakura barely noticed. He was so amused with this woman.

"Well - my ex, he just won't let me go that easily, I know it. He's very possessive so -"

"So you want me to be involved?" Sasuke crossed his arms, not trying to hide his smirk this time.
"Well, not really involved involved. You know.. just.. like uhm,"
"You want me to pretend to be your boyfriend, right? Cliché, Haruno."

Sakura opened her mouth, wanting to say yes but she verbally can't, so she nodded.

"I really don't mind, you know."
"...is that a deal?" Sakura's eyes brighten up. Wow, this might actually work out!
"But," Sasuke cut off, "..what's in it for me?"

Good question.

Good point.

Now what?

"Well... what do you want?"
Sasuke grinned, thinking, his eyes started to roam from Sakura's head and all the way down. The pinkette noticed and tried her best not to look like she was covering her not-naked body with her arms. This made Sasuke burst out laughing.
"I'm not that type of guy, and if I am, I'm sure I won't have to make a deal just to get it." A smug look was in his face and this started to irritate Sakura. He was playing with her!

"Relax, tiger. I'm thinking."

"Okay fine." Sakura harrumphed.

"Well, I guess this pretend relationship would be a win-win for us. My mother is dying to meet a girlfriend of mine anyway. I might introduce you soon so she can stop harrassing me about it."

"You haven't had a girlfriend before?"
"You're getting too personal with that question," Sasuke raised his eyebrow.

Sakura tapped her foot, "So... since we're making a deal, let's make a contract for it." She bit her lip. Thinking.

"What for?"

Sakura ran to her handbag and quickly took a piece of paper and a pen. She ran back with it and was ready to list it. "So we can remain professional. This is a contract between two co-workers, isn't it?"

"Whatever, let's get it over."

•••

Sakura and Sasuke were both in the living room. Sasuke sat comfortably in his couch while Sakura sat on the floor so she could write down at the paper placed on the coffee table easier.

"I, Haruno Sakura, agrees to.... the.. terms... and.. conditions... listed.. below..." The pinkette says the word she's writing outloud. "Okay, Sasuke. We need to - of course - list down do's and dont's, yes and no's, for this before we actually sign it. Let's officially call it the HOUSE RULES."

"This is ridiculous, to be honest." Sasuke sighed.

"Come on! I want to be as professional as I can be with you. I have a reputation after all,"
"I think there's no need to hold up your reputation to me, I hear you moan at night," Sasuke grinned.

The pinkette glared at him. And listed this on the paper:

Neither of the two can be perverts - verbally or physically!

"What? For real?" He laughed. "You invaded my manhood if I remember correctly."
"I- did not! You know what?! Fine, if one of us is to break any of these house rules, we are to be penalized."
"Hmm. penalty. Keep talking, tiger."

"Penalty is, uhm, pay a certain amount?"
"I don't need damn money, baby girl. Maybe if the other gets a penalty, the other one has the right to wish for anything he or she wants and the other will do the best of his or her ability to make it come true. How's that sound?" Sasuke found this really ridiculous, but he has a looot of time to spare.

"You know what, that's a good idea. And just for your information, I know you're this intimidating and mysterious type of guy in our office but it's been just a day and I can already see your true colors."

"You want out?" Sasuke smirked.
"No, I can handle you just fine." She rolled her eyes. She knows he doesn't need this deal as much as she does.

"Next bullet point, uhm, how about the cleaning?"
"I told you, I pay someone to do it."
"How about the cooking?"
"Sakura, I don't cook."
"Then what do you eat?"
"Take outs."

"What a sad world you live in."

Sakura jotted down,

Sakura will be cooking from Mondays to Sundays in exception of special occassions or take out nights
• Sasuke will buy groceries, expenses will be shared

"No, I don't know how. Erase that," Sasuke protested.
"What? You don't do chores and groceries? Who does it then?"
"Again, I pay someone to do it."
"Are you some kind of a prince?" Sakura squinted her eyes.

Sasuke took the paper and pen when Sakura lowered her guard and corrected the point:

Sasuke AND SAKURA will buy groceries, expenses will be shared

"Fine. Next!"

Rent money will be shared
• Electric and water bills will be shared

"Speaking of the rent money, we only have one bedroom, I don't want to sleep on the couch again."
"How about we split - 4 days for you 3 days for me?"
"Nope. Nice try, though."
"Fine, this is your apartment anyway, I'll take the couch." Sakura had a frustrated and sad look on her face, she'll definitely miss the bed. Sasuke noticed and pitied her a bit, but he's still laughing at her internally.
"You could take note that it's still negotiable."

Sakura liked that, because she immediately brightens up.

Sasuke will sleep on the bed and Sakura will sleep on the couch (this is negotiable!)

"I guess this is all for the house rules," Sakura said in satisfaction.

"How about kissing?" Sasuke said out of the blue.
"Excuse me?" She looked at him, and his eyes bore into hers.
"Kissing. Is that allowed?"

"It shouldn't be." Sakura blushed and turned her look away.
"I don't know if everyone would be convinced with that."

The pinkette blushed even more. She doesn't know why she was feeling this way. Maybe because Sasuke was a handsome guy who wants kissing allowed on their contract.

"..okay, but only on public where we can convince my ex and everyone else."

Sakura and Sasuke are allowed to be passionate with each other (pretend!)
• Kissing is allowed in public and on special occassions only (in front of people who needs convincing!!!)

"Done! Oh wait - I forgot. Can we hold hands? I think that's enough of a confirmation that we're together."

Sasuke nodded.

Hold hands

"I guess this is all for now." Sakura said. "Uhm....." She had second thoughts.

"How about, you know.. We're not allowed to fall for each other or something?" Sakura thought, looking at him. She was serious about the question and Sasuke almost laughed at it - but he managed to control himself.

"Personally, I think that's already the basic rule of this contract. You don't need to write it down... unless you're worried about it."

Sakura swallowed and never wrote it anyway. There was no way she'd fall for this guy. Besides, she decided she won't get into another relationship yet.

Sakura finished the contract by putting a statement below.

Any rule that will be violated on the list will be penalized. Person A will have the right to wish for anything and Person B (who committed the violation) will do the best of his/her ability to make it come true.

This is an open ended contract.
This contract can be voided by mutual decision.

Sasuke hides his amusement very well. He sat silently, observing the pinkette from her behind as she writes down notes for their so called contract.

He was indeed excited with this.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

11.7K 542 30
The bond between Sasuke, Naruto, and I (Hinata) is extraordinary. It's a relationship that we can't openly talk about with others. We are essentially...
9.1K 396 21
Cinderella AU with a twist Sakura lives with a head mistress and her two daughters. Although sakura is supposed to be considered royalty along with t...
26K 893 39
Modern College AU: In his third year of college, Naruto Uzumaki has been near the top of the list as a university play boy. Leaving women high & dry...
37.3K 630 12
MODERN AU SMUT (Y/N) is a 21 year old virgin. She finally gets the courage to go to her first college party with her best friend Sakura Haruno. At...