Standing Tall: Sword Art Onli...

By futjves

You are 17 year old Y/N L/N and you play video games your whole life since you were born. You didn't have th... More

Ch. 1 - World of Swords
Ch.2 - Floor 1
Ch. 3 - Moonlight
Ch.4-The Black Swordsman
Ch. 5-Murder in the Safe Zone
Ch.6-Illusionary Avenger
Ch. 7.5-Griding with Silica
Ch.8-Black and White Sword Dance
Ch.9-Him
Ch. 10 - Issues and Suspicion
Ch. 11 - Yui
Ch. 12 - Yui's Heart
Ch. 13/Final - Edge of Hell's Abyss
Valentine's Special - Asuna
Valentine's Special - Lisbeth
Valentine's Special - Silica
Revamp

Ch. 7- The Swordsman and The Blacksmith

2.1K 39 25
By futjves

Hey guys, Cloakzy here. Here's the long-awaited chapter of Standing Tall. I hope you enjoy.

June 24, 2024 Floor 48: Lindas

Third Person POV

Asuna was heading to her friend's blacksmith to get the rapier sharped. Asuna was thinking about what you asked her not that long ago.

Flashback

"Hey Asuna, do you know any good places that can make custom orders." You asked on your way to your house. "Hmm. I do know one place. It's called Lizbeth's Blacksmith Shop. I usually go there for repairs on my gear or to get the rapier sharpened." She said. "Do they do custom orders?" You asked, "Yeah, last time I checked." She said. You opened up your menu and put it as a reminder. "Ok, thanks Asuna." You said as you went back to your house.

Flashback End

Asuna's POV

"I wonder what he needed a custom order for?" I asked myself. I went inside Lizbeth's shop so I can get my rapier sharpened. "Hey Asuna, what can I do for you?" She asked. "Just to sharpen my rapier," I said as I grabbed my rapier and handed to her. We walked downstairs and Lizbeth sharpened my rapier. "Thanks, Liz. You're the best." I said I gave her some Col as payment. "Sure no problem." She said. "Aren't you supposed to go hunting with the guild today?" She asked. "Yeah, but I'm taking the day off. I'm sort of...meeting, someone." I said. I think Liz notice the earrings I had on, and because of that, Liz started to tease me. "So that it." She said, teasing me. "I-It's not like that," I said blushing. It was true, I did have a crush on P/N. We heard the bell ring, which meant I had to go. "I have to get going," I said, rushing out the door. I think I heard Lizbeth say something. "Did you say something?" I asked. "Nope, see ya around." She said as I left.

Lizbeth's POV

After Asuna left, I looked at an old picture I had on the wall. "I wonder if I'll ever find someone," I said to myself.

Y/N's POV

I was on my way to go to the place Asuna recommended. On my way there I saw Asuna walking by. "Hey Asuna," I said. "Hey P/N, going to the place I recommended?" She asked. "Yep," I noticed she was wearing earrings. "Why are you wearing earrings?" I asked. She started to blush a lot, could have sworn she was having a panic attack. "N-N-Nothing!! G-Got to go, bye!" She said running off. "Ok then." I walk into the shop and looked at the swords until the blacksmith is here. "Welcome to Lizbeth's Blacksmith Shop!" I turned around and saw a girl. "Hello there." *Obi-wan voice* I was wondering if you do custom orders?" I asked. I noticed she gave me a weird look but soon returned to normal. "I can, but the metal prices are kinda high." She said. "I'm not worried about da cost, I just want the best sword you can make right now," I said. "Well, I do make a lot of different swords. But, if you have an idea of your quality level, I can make it." She said. "Oh ok," I grabbed my sword and gave it to her. "I want something as good or better than dis." I gave her the sword, and she looked surprised at my sword. "An Elucidator...This is the gnarliest sword you can get from a monster drop!" She said. "Did you just say gnarliest? Can you make one?" I asked. She looked at me before giving me something that looked like a rapier. "This is the best sword I have ever made, I call it my masterpiece." She said. I gave it a few swings and this sword felt really light. "This thing is light..." I said. "Of course, I used a speed-type metal to forge it." I grabbed my sword and put it on my other hand. "Imma give this thing a test drive if you don't mind," I said. "If it breaks it's not my fault." She said.

I swung it but, it broke in half. "Uh oh..." I saw the other half fall on the floor and disappear. She screamed and tried to grab it, but it was too late. "My masterpiece..." The sword disappeared into crystals, "Oof." *Roblox death sound effect* She fell on her knees and just looked at the floor. "Uh, you okay?" I asked, a little shook about what just happened. She grabbed my coat and yelled at me, "What in the hell were you thinking?!" She yelled at me. "Well, I'm sorry! I didn't know it would break! There are test runs for a reason." I said in defense. "Is that your way of saying that my sword was lamer than you think?!" She yelled again. "If I'm being honest, yeah it is," I said. "If I had the right materials, I could make a billion of swords that can shatter your into pieces!" She huffed. "Sounds like what I'm looking for, something that can break my Elucidator," I said, with a grin. Her entire face turned red of anger, "I-If you're gonna be like that, then, you'll have to help me every step of the way." She said. "Sure, just tell me where to go and I'll get it," I said. "I wouldn't want my wittle blacksmith getting hurt," I said. "Don't you dare insult me, believe it or not, I'm an expert mace user." She said. "Sure, just tell me where it is and I'll go get it," I said. "On floor 55, there's supposedly a dragon that eats crystals on the Western Mountain. According to the rumor, it stores rare metal inside its body." She said. "Floor 55? Yeah, I think it's best if you stay." I said. "Not so fast, in order to get the metal, you need a master blacksmith." She said. I sigh and grabbed my sword and put it on my back, "Fine, just try to stay out of the way." I said. "Names P/N by the way," I said. "Yeah, whatever." She said. "So cold, and I'm just trying to be an upstanding citizen," I muttered. "Ugh." I heard Lizbeth said.

Le Timeskip

Floor 55: Western Mountain

Third Person POV

"It's cold..." She said behind you. "Well have you heard of this great mountaineering item called PANTS? It's amazing what Science can do these days." You said. You opened my menu and gave her my fur coat. "Here, it's not pants but it should do the trick," you said. Lizbeth put your fur coat on, 'I can't believe I'm out here alone with this guy.' She thought, 'This is getting weird.' You notice Lizbeth still standing there, "What's wrong Liz? Giving up already?" You asked. "No! And if you gonna be a jerk about it, then just call me Liz." She said. "Ok, ok, sheesh, Liz." You said. "Don't wear it out." She said. "It's beautiful." She said, staring at all the crystals. You pulled the fur coat you lent her, "I am sorry! But am I the only one in this damn that knows how AGGRO works?" You asked. "Remember? This is a boss room! Don't be reckless." You said. "I know, I know." She said, pulling out her teleport crystal. "Good, now go hide over dere while I handle this part." You said.

Y/N POV

"Don't come out no matter what," I said. "Oh, come on!" She said, "I'm no newbie either you know! So I'll help you-" I cut her off, "Just do it Dammit!" She seemed shocked but soon nodded, "Good, now let's get going." I said as I pat her head and walked ahead. We both heard a roar, from what it looks like, it came from da dragon. "Hide yourself now!" I said, before pulling out my sword. The dragon looked like a monster card from Yu-Gi-Oh. "Should I use a sword or a dual disk with a deck?" I asked. I think I angered the dragon because it began to use a breath attack on me. "Watch out! It's a breathe attack!" I heard Liz say. I deflected it with ease, I ran at it while charging up my sword skill. 'Wow, with that skinny sword and gear, who is this guy?' I swung my sword and got decent damage on it from different angles. The dragon then charged at me, but I dodged it and charged up a sword skill, to cut his arm off. "Come on, finish him off already!" She yelled. "Aww come on!" Liz got out of her spot, "What?" The dragon noticed and swung his wings, causing her to fly away. I ran after her and caught her as we both fell in the hole. "Dammit, you had one job, Liz!"

Le Mini Timeskip

"You still alive?" I asked. She got up and I got up. "Here, drink this." I gave her a healing potion. I drank my potion and got up. "Now, how do we get out of here?" I asked myself. "Can't we just teleport out?" Lizbeth grabbed her teleport crystal, "Teleport Lindas!" She yelled. "Welp, guess there is only one way out," I said as I backed up to try to get a headstart. "What are you planning?" She asked. "Just trying something." I ran up the wall trying to get to the top. 'He's making good process, I think he'll actually make it.' Liz thought. I was somewhat close until I slipped and fell all the way back to the bottom. "God...fucking dammit..." I grunted. "A for...effort?"

Le Timeskip

"Well, guess we are sleeping here then." I grabbed two sleeping bags and gave one to Liz. She got in hers as I put up a fire and went in mine. "This is kinda weird isn't? You know, going to strange places, meeting a total stranger and sleeping next to them." She said. "I guess," I replied. "I mean, you actually ran up the wall, and almost to the top too." She said. "Still mad about that," I said, still staring at da stars. "You really are a weirdo you know that?" She said. "Oi, don't' rub it in," I said, rolling my eyes. "P/N, can I ask you something?" She asked. "You already did," I said. "Can I ask you two questions?" She asked. "You already did," I replied. She then smirked, "Can I ask you four questions?" I looked at her. "You already did." She day up from her sleeping bag. "Since when?!" She's gonna be mad after this. "Now." *Earrape of Lucid Dreams by Juice WRLD plays* "P/N!" She complained. "I'm just kidding, go ahead," I said. "Why did you risk your life like that to save me?" She asked. I looked at her, "Well I guess I'm not that kind of person, to let you just die like that, I'd rather die with them than just do nothing. Just like girls like you Liz," I said with a smirk. "Wow, you really are an idiot." She said. "I can't tell you how many times I have been called that," I said as I rolled my eyes again. "Hey hold my hand, " I was surprised when she said this, but I held her hand. "It's so warm," She said. "Even though we are just 1's and 0's, in a virtual world." She said. "I know, I guess that the joy of VR games."

Le Timeskip

Liz's POV

I woke up and saw P/N digging around, my thoughts then went to what happened yesterday when we were holding hands. I felt my face heat and tried to shake it off. "Whatcha doing?" I asked. "Well, " He then held up a crystal or metal. "I think this is what we came for." I looked at the crystal and saw what it was. "This is what we came for!" I yelled. "You'll never what this stuff really is." He said, confusing me. "What?" I asked confused. "It's actually dragon shit." He said as I let it go and he caught it. "Relax, you're wearing gloves over virtual hands that looked like a Yu-Gi-Oh! character." He said. I felt the floor rumbling, "Speaking of which our ride is here." He said. "Our what?!" He then picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder. He ran up the wall and did a backflip, and stabbed his sword in the dragon. "Going up!" The dragon then flew up and dropped us high in the sky. I looked up and saw the sunset, "Wow! So beautiful!" I said. I saw P/N with his hand out, we both smiled at each other before I took his hand. "P/N! Guess what?" I yelled at him. "What?" He yelled back to me. "Don't freak out, but I'm starting to fall in love with you!" I yelled at him. "Wa? Can't hear shit, captain!" *Jacksepticeye voice* I then flew to him and hugged him, "Nevermind!" I held him tightly as I felt him hug me back.

Le Timeskip

June 25, 2024 Floor 48: Lindas  

"One-handed longsword right?" I asked him. "You got it." He said. I took a deep breath before grabbing my hammer and smashing the ingot into a sword. 'I didn't imagine it, the warmth of P/N's hands, the way I feel, as soon as I made the best sword I can, I'll tell him.' When I finished, I looked at the sword and read its stats.

"Stormguard, one of kind, not even listed in the Broker's Directory," I said. "Here try it." He picked it up and gave it a few swings. "Damn, this is good," He said as he smiled at me. "Really?!" I asked excitedly. "Yep," He then put his sword in his extra sheathe. "Well, how much do I owe ya?" He asked. "Well, I don't really need any money," I said to him. He seemed confused to why I said that. "Instead I'd like to be your exclusive blacksmith, from now to the end," I said to him

Y/N's POV

I was blushing, I then smiled at her. "Sure, I would love to have you as my exclusive blacksmith." She was about to grab my hand until some came in. "Liz!" I turn and see Asuna, she then ran to Liz and hugged her. "I was so worried about you, I didn't see you on the map!" She said. "Sorry, kinda got stuck in a dungeon," Liz said. "With who?" Asuna turns around and saw me. "P/N!?" She seemed shocked. "Hey, long time no see," I said. "This is a surprise, I thought you weren't gonna check it out." She said. "Yeah, I guess, but I did need that sword," I said. "I'm confused, how do you know each other?" Liz asked. "Well, were both on the Assualt Team, so," I said, rubbing my nape. "You see, P/N here wanted a new sword. So I recommended your place, and you know the rest." Asuna explained to her. "Oh," Asuna then started to glare at me. "What did you do? You better not have done anything weird." Asuna said. "I didn't do anything!" I countered. "Then why did you stutter?" She asked. "Oi, show a little compassion you know, I almost got killed by a Yu-Gi-Oh! card!" I countered. "What did I say about going solo?" She said. "Ain't nobody got time for dat!" I said. "Did he do anything to you Liz?" She asked. I noticed she seemed saddened by something. "Well, he did come in and break my best sword." She said. "What?!" Asuna then turned to me. She then turned back to Liz and apologized. I heard Liz whisper something to Asuna, "I told you, it's not like that!" She said. She then left to get some supplies, I knew that was a lie, so I made a mental note to follow her in a bit.

Mine Timeskip

"Liz," I saw under the bridge with her knees close to her face. "I almost got away with it." She said. She stood up and looked at me. I notice there were some tears in her eyes. "How did you find me?" I pointed at the clock tower that was in town. "Figures you would do something like that." She said. "I guess." I then walked up to her and gave her the tightest hug I can give. I felt her hug me back as tight as me. "Sorry, for making you worry." She said. "It's ok," She then looked up at me. She slowly kissed me on my cheek softly. I put my hand on the cheek that she kissed me on, "Thank you for the sword, I'll put good use to it." I said. "I want you to promise me something," She then looked up to me with more tears in her eyes. "Promise me you will beat this game, " Our lips were only just inches apart. "I promise you, I'll beat this game if it's that last thing I'll do." I slowly leaned in and softly our lips touched. She was shocked and tensed up but it didn't take long before she began to melt into my arms. I put my arms around her waister and her arms around my neck. Once we pulled away, we put our foreheads together. "I promise..."

And that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment and vote if you would like. I will work on Chapter 8 soon. That's all for now, love you all.

-Cloakzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

815 33 21
DISCLAIMER This is a Re-written Story of my Sword Art Online: New Reality or SAO:NR (A Fan Game) story. EACH CHAPTER WILL BE REALLY LONG AS THE MINIM...
46.1K 1.2K 27
Y/n L/n an ordinary 15 year old kid is trapped in an MMORPG called Sword Art Online follow him on his journey to beat 100 floors and escape. And lear...
7.5K 170 82
The Sword Art Online incident of 2022 shook the world. For the first time, someone had successfully weaponised video games, and virtual reality. Worl...
1.3K 40 30
Highest Ranking - #969 in asuna A new game, a new world. Or a familiar one, since she was a Beta Tester. Shiramane, a Beta Tester of Sword Art Online...