Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 38

49.1K 1.7K 65
By serial-chiller

Chapter thirty-eight

Emily's POV

I gasped.

"Emily, I will always try to make you and my son very happy. Please marry me." He said still on his knee. He had opened a black velvet box, he took out the ring in his hand and smiled at me so beautifully that I literally died.

And his words. They..seem so true, geniune. It made me happy.

"Why are you doing this? You know that I am going to marry you." I said  and watched his happy expression crumpled.

I took the ring from his hand and wore it on my ring finger. The ring was beautiful. A big diamond was placed on it. I wonder if he selected it himself.

He abruptly stood up and took my hand harshly. He then took off the ring from my finger all the while glaring at me.

Wait. Why did he take the ring?

He then again put on the ring on my ring finger and said. "I should be the one to do that."

I sighed. "Well you did."

"You just had to ruin the moment!" He said irritably.

I chuckled. "No need to get salty." He just rolled his eyes.

****

When we entered, we were immediately surrounded by the Clifford family. Daniel's anuts, uncles, cousins and everyone. I got a little nervous when I saw them practically scanning me up and down with their eyes.

Daniel held my hand and smiled at me. "Just relax." He whispered in my ear. I nodded.

I was then engulfed by somone in a hug. Diana. "You look so beautiful emily! I am so happy for you guys." Said diana hugging me tightly.

"Thank you." I replied hugging her back.

Nikolina introduced me to all her family. They were all nice and congratulated us.

"Now we see why daniel was such in a hurry to get married." Said one of his aunts. And I chuckled uncomfortably.

One of daniel's cousins took him to meet someone leaving me with many other people. They were shooting at me so many questions. Like reporters. Literally.

"How did you guys meet?"

"I am surprised that he actually decided to get engaged!"

"What about your family?"

That one stung a little to be honest. I wish my parents were here with me on this day. It had been so long since they left the world. I miss them so much.

Everyone was mostly asking about my family and where I was from. These were the hard questions for me. Really. I wish daniel was right here with me.

"We didn't even know daniel had a son!" Some of them even said that when they got to meet brandon. But it was expected obviously.

It was a shock to everyone.

"Can I please steal emily for a moment?" Said diana taking me away from everyone.

I breathed out relieved. "Thank god! You took me here. I would have literally died from all there questions." I said.

She laughed. "Yeah. They can be a little nosy. I could see how uncomfortable you were."

"Apparently they could not." I said shaking my head.

I looked around in search of daniel. Where did he go? But then I hear diana laugh. "Looking for someone?" She said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Uh-I um. No." I stuttered.

"Where is david anyway? I didn't meet him." I said suddenly realizing his absence.

"He is-oh! Look here he come." She said and I turned around and saw david. He looked great and he was grinning all the while.

He then took me up in his arms. I laughed when he finally put me down. "God. You look breathtaking." He said fanning himself while I grinned and did a little twirl for him.

"That lucky little bastard." He said shaking his head and I laughed.

Suddenly a hand was placed possesively on my waist. Daniel. "Back off david." He said while david rolled his eyes.

"So I got to see the fiance of daniel." A girl said as she made her way to us. She took out her hand. "I am lara. The favourite cousin of your fiance." She said grinning.

Fiance.

"I am-

"Emily. I know." She said. I chuckled at how excited she looked. She was not a day older then ninteen.

"You guys make such a cute couple." She said like she genuinely meant it.

Besides me daniel smiled and said. "I know."

Really?

I almost rolled my eyes. "Come on let me introduce you to all the guests." Daniel said.

After I was introduced to millions of guests. I don't even remember the names of people. I even recognized some celebrities and politicians. Everyone congratulated us and was happy for us. At least that was what they showed on their faces.

I was looking around in search of brandon. Where is he? The last time I saw him was with nikolina. And now he was nowhere to be seen. I was glancing around in search of him worriedly when I bumped into someone.

"I am so sorry." I said and the person steadied me from falling by placing his hands on my waist. I looked up and saw a handsome guy. Who must be around daniel's age. I guess.

"Are you okay?" He asked concern lacing his tone. I looked down at his hands that were still on my waist. And when he realized that he quickly dropped his hands.

"Uh yeah." I said.

"I just came in and I must say that you stood out the most. My eyes immediately found you and I knew right then that you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." He said smiling.

My face blushed at his words. Wow. So many compliments from a handsome stranger.

But sorry I just got engaged. I wanted to say.

"It was like a force that attracted me towards you." He flirted. God. Does he know that it is my engagement party. I felt so embarassed right now.

"By the way I am Adam Haynes." He said taking out his hand. Adam haynes. Hmm.

"I am emily." I said taking his hand back in mine.

"Nice to meet you emily." He said.

"Adam." Daniel suddenly came as both the guys did a hug that all the guys do so smoothly. So they are friends.

"Congratulation man! Show me your fiance." Adam said grinning.

Uh-oh.

Daniel looked at me. "Here she is. But I assume you guys met already." Daniel said, I watched as adam's eyes widened and he looked a little sad at the fact that I was daniel's fiance.

He but forced a smile on his face. "Yeah we met already. Congratulations to you guys."

"Thank you." I said smiling. Daniel again took my hand in his. We three stood there as daniel and adam made a small talk and adam wasn't looking at me and when he stole glances he looked really embarassed.

"Do you know where is brandon?" I asked daniel.

"He was with my father. Wait I'll bring him here." He said and left leaving me alone with his friend.

"Look emily, I am really sorry . I didn't know you were daniel's girl." He said as he rubbed his neck a little embarassed.

Obviously.

"Oh..it's fine. You obviously didn't know." I said and he nodded.

We stood there awkwardly for a while..making little talk till he finally excused himself. The music was playing. The couples were dancing. Everyone looked like they were having a great time.

I took a drink from the waiter who was walking and sipped on it. Ah. Nice.

Daniel came back and told me that brandon didn't want to leave his grandfather's side and that he was very happy. I smiled.

"Come on, let's dance." He said taking my and brought me to the dance floor. I didn't want to dance but just did by how convincing he looked.

And soon we were dancing on "let me" song by zayn. Daniel was looking at me intently the whole while we danced. I was so close to him. And he was just set on bringing me more close to him leaving no space between us.

"You are so beautiful. I am so lucky." He whispered in my ear and I blushed.

Just when the song ended and I decided to leave but he took my hand and pulled me back to him and placed his lips on mine.

I shocked. But after a while started kissing him back. I felt him smile against my lips and then he nibbled on my lower lip. I could feel people's eyes on us but didn't really care at the moment. As I kissed him back with equal intensity.

People were cheering when we finally pulled back breathing heavily. He placed his forehead on mine and whispered. "That was..amazing. I have been waiting to do it the whole night." He said and I blushed.

I quickly left the stage not wanting to give people more show. David walked wowards me with a teasing smile on his face. Go no! I don't want to face him right now.

"Well, that was quite a show emily, I didn't know you had it in you." He said as he started laughing at his own words, his eyes lightening up.

"Shut it." I muttered embarassed.

As he continued to laugh. "Okay okay. But I have to say that I am seeing my stone-cold brother first time like this."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Pussywhipped." He laughed.

Yeah! Totally!

Someone else also told me this tonight. But it wasn't the exact word that david used.

Ugh.

Why are people saying this? Why don't they understand.

A little while after still talking with david. I started to look for daniel. Where does this guy go again and again? It's his engagement party for fuck's sake and he is nowhere to be seen.

I asked someone if they saw daniel. "I saw him in the balcony." I smiled gratefully and went in search of daniel and the balcony.

What I saw there broke my heart. What? Why did he? Tears appeared in my eyes and tried my hardest not to let them fall.

There standing was daniel hugging a girl.

And not just any girl.

It was bianca.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 176 16
Just read.
9K 167 36
Unwanted love🌝 I put little mafia characteristic in hero not much🥲
15.1K 448 35
Just two lovestruck teens , but what's after P.s- no pictures used are mine own, no characters are real....only for fun☺️
275K 11.8K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘵...