His Human Mate

By Well-then-

Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of th... More

Chapter 1- My Now Ex- Boyfriend
Chapter 2- I Get To See Her Again
Chapter 3- Love you Daddy
Chapter 4 - DAD KILLED HIMSELF!
Chapter 5- I'm sorry I wasn't there
Chapter 6- No boys until you're twenty
Chapter 7- More like a slave
Chapter 8 - I'm A Werewolf
Chapter 9- Thank You
Chapter 10- You ok?
Chapter 11- Mate
Chapter 12- You get me
Chapter 13- Your son
Chapter 14- Where is Dahlia?
Chapter 15 - I Forgive You
Chapter 17- Hi Dad
Chapter 18 - Come out
Chapter 19 - I Love You Too
Chapter 20 - Halloween
Chapter 21 - Who Screamed?
Chapter 22 - Something's happened
Chapter 23 - Brothers
Chapter 24 - Dead
Chapter 25 -To The Hospital
Chapter 26 - Make Sure To Scream
Chapter 27 - Ready To Attack
Chapter 28 - Pregnant
Chapter 29 - Will you marry me?
Chapter 30 - I Miss You
Chapter 31 - Baby
Chapter 32 - What's Wrong?
Chapter 33 - Everything Will Be Fine
Chapter 34 - Bad Baby
Epilogue

Chapter 16- Story Time

1.1K 25 0
By Well-then-

Lets take a Break from Amber's P.O.V.

Chapter 16- Story Time

Xavier P.O.V-

"It's weird."

"Tommy do it."

"Will it hurt you?"

"NO!"

"Are you sure?"

"Oh my God, just do it."

"Ha, ha. Nike."

"Tommy!" Amber shouted at him. Brandon and I laughed watching them.

"This is scary." He muttered.

"You know what would be scary? If I got an infection and died because of you." Amber snapped.

"Your not healing that's weird." He complained.

"You turn into a fricking wolf and this is weird." Amber said harshly.

"OK, here we go..." He was about to tend to her cut but immediately retracted his hand. "No! Can't do it."

Amber groaned in annoyance. "Useless." She mumbled. We laughed at them again.

"Get one of them to do it." Tommy pointed at Brandon and I.

"Chuckles 1 and 2 other here won't do it right." Amber crossed her arms frustrated.

"I'll do it." We all turned to the person who had appeared in the doorway. My father.

"No dad, we can handle it. Really." I told him. The first time Amber and my Dad met, well it didn't go well.

"Son, leave. Your mate and I need to talk."He ordered. I gave in walking out with Brandon and Tommy.

I pressed my ear against the closed door trying to here what they were saying, but unfortunately, like most rooms in this building, it was soundproof even to werewolves.

"No luck?" Brandon asked. I shook my head disappointed.

It had been a long night and we were all tired. After Amber came in screaming none of us had been able to sleep. Amber had only got minimal injuries. A cut on her ankle, which she treated herself, and a cut on her back which she couldn't reach. Although this was still enough to worry Ace. We both were clueless to how serious human injuries could be. For example Amber mentioned an infection, and I had no idea what that was but she made it sound serious.

'What if she dies? She mentioned death.' Ace growled pacing in my head.

'I don't think it's that serious.' I told him.

'It better not be.' He said before shutting me out.

"Ace bothering you?" Tommy asked.

"He's being, well Ace." I sighed.

"Relax. She's fine." Tommy told me. "Both of you." He glanced at Brandon'd tense posture.

"That could of been so much worse." Brandon argued.

"But it wasn't. Guys you need to stop worrying on what could've happened and focus on what did happen." Tommy said.

What did happen? We saved her, Amber and ace spoke and then we kissed. We kissed.

"Why are you smiling?" Brandon asked. I just smiled wider. "What happened? What did you do to my sister?" He accused.

"Nothing." I winked afterwards.

"What does that mean, why did you wink?" He questioned.

"Nothing." *Wink*.

"What did you do?"

"Honestly, nothing happened." *Wink*.

"I hate you." He groaned.

"I hate you too." *Wink*. He growled walking away.

***

I didn't see Amber for a few days after the rouge incident, but it was Monday and I knew I would see her at school.

Then again maybe I wouldn't.

I saw Brandon alone as I waited for Brandon and Amber at the front gate.

"Where is she?" I asked him.

"Hey Brandon, how are you? I'm good Xavier thanks for asking." He responded sarcastically.

"Brandon." I said urgently.

"Fine. I went to pick her up and Tim told me that she was a bit ill yesterday, and worse today so she's taking the day off." He explained, my eyes widened. She's ill.

"Did Tim mention what she had?" I asked.

"Actually we didn't talk much." He smiled, his cheeks going a slight red. Weird.

"I'm going to check on her." I told him picking my bag up from the floor.

"Yeah. Tell me how she is." I nodded jogging to my car.

On the way I stopped at a shop to pick up a bag of chocolate and sweets. I arrive at her house to find Tim in the living room. He was sprawled out on the couch reading a book. He jumped as I closed the door.

"Have you read this it's amazing?" He held up the book. It was Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

"That book is for children." I looked at him.

"Well I have read anything since I was eight so..." He trailed off.

"Good point." I nodded. "Where is she?"

"The bedroom but I wouldn't go in there. You don't want to get ill." He warned me.

"I can't get ill." He just returned to his book.

I walked into the room to find it dark and quiet. I turned the light switch so I could see. Amber was lying on the bed wearing shorts and a tank top her hair was messily tied up in a pile on her head and she had her arm over her face.

"Turn it down."She groaned.

I dimmed the light to a point where it was dark but I could still see quite clearly. I kneeled down next to her and moved a strand of hair away from her face.

"Hey." She croaked out.

"Hi." I smiled. "You alright?" I asked her.

"I think I have the flu." She mumbled.

"I'm going to be honest and tell you that I have absolutely no idea what that is." I pulled out my phone and searched up the illness. As I read my eyes widened. "Jeez."

She moved her arm away from her eyes. "What?" I showed her the screen. "Oh."

"We should take your temperature." I stood up.

"Bathroom." I nodded before searching the bathroom until I finally found it.

"How do you take someone temperature?"

"Stick it up their butt." She said.

My eyes widened in horror. "What?" I asked shakily.

"I'm kidding that's what they do to babies." She told.

"That is not what they do to babies!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's how you measure there temperature." She responded.

"That's illegal." She laughed at my words slightly but it turned into a cough.

As she started coughing I panicked not knowing what to do. "Tim." I called him urgently. Amber then began to stop coughing.

"What?" Tim appeared in the doorway.

"It's fine he freaked out because I was coughing." He didn't respond walking back to the living room.

"Tim doesn't talk much." I noted.

"He does, just not to you." She said lying back down, she had sat up while coughing. "He doesn't know you." I nodded, that made sense. We hadn't spoken much.

I took her temperature which was high, at least she said it was. It was in Celsius so I wasn't sure.

"You should get some rest." She nodded. "And I'll try talk to Tim." She smiled slightly closing her eyes. I walked out leaving her alone. I then walked into the living room where Tim was.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

He looked up. "Hi." He said slowly and a bit confused.

"Um, well seeing as your Amber's friend and roommate we should probably get along."

"We're good."He mumbled returning to his book.

"Oh, uh." I thought for a moment. "What's you favorite colour?"

He sighed looking up from the book. "Really? That's the best you've got?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well yeah. I'm not the best at small talk." I fiddled with my hands.

"That makes two of us." He muttered.

Brandon P.O.V-

School was hell. I mean it always is but today was worse than normal. I sat in class sneaking glances at my phone to see if Xavier had send me a message about Amber. When lunch rolled around I still hadn't received a message and to say I was nervous would be an understatement.

"She's fine. God you two are boring when you're like this." Tommy whined. Stacy and I had are head on the table not talking. "It's probably nothing serious. Stacy, name a common illness."

"Cancer." She mumbled.

"Yeah canc- Stacy I meant a mild illness not a deadly one." He complained.

"Has she been ill before?" I asked Stacy.

"Not as long as I've known her." She said.

At that moment we heard a teacher shouting in the cafeteria. "Xavier! Stop!" She screamed. At that moment we saw Xavier jump on a table he was drenched in red paint. I stood up at the sight of him. He was laughing and speaking to someone in front of him. I spotted my mate covered in blue paint.

My beautiful, brave, little mate. He was perfect. He had a smile spread across his face as he looked at the teaching chasing them. The teacher slightly covered in green paint was slipping on the wet floor.

"Run!" Xavier said jumping of the table running out the room, Tim followed him quickly. I watched him with a smile but I frowned as he disappeared from sight.

"If you're trying to keep it a secret you might want to be less obvious about it." Stacy said from next to me.

I jumped and looked at her with wide eyes. "W-what?"

She knew? Did Amber tell her? Was I really being that obvious? I looked around Tommy was still at the table picking up are bags.

"Oh and don't worry. Xavier and Tommy haven't figured it out yet but they probably will soon." She told me.

"Are we going to find out why they are covered in paint or what?" Tommy interrupted walking ahead of us. We followed him outside.

Xavier was looking looking at Tim laughing slightly, while Tim was in hysterics clutching his stomach. I grinned at him. Goddess he's perfect.

"Story time." Tommy clapped.

"It's not much of a story." Xavier shrugged. "Tim here just wanted to explore a high school, and we might have accidentally knocked over a shelf of paint buckets onto the teachers and our heads." Tim laughed again.

I was almost so focused on Tim that I had forgotten about Amber. "How is she?" I asked Xavier.

"Honestly I have no idea. She says it's a fever or something." He scratched the back of his neck. "I don't know much about illness'." We all looked towards Tim. He was human after all.

"She'll be fine in a couple days." Tim answered.

"I'm going to go back and stay with her." He then turned to Tommy. "Tell Mum I might not be home tonight." Tommy nodded wrapping his arm around Stacy's shoulders.

Xavier stalked off with Tim but not without shouting one more thing from the distance. "Brandon you still have paper work." I groaned at his words.

***

The pile of paper was gradually getting smaller but boredom was overcoming me and I still had over an hour of work to do. I let my head drop so it loudly hit the desk.

"You shouldn't do that." A quiet voice entered the room. The angelic voice made me grin widely and turn to him. "Uh, Amber told me I should stay here tonight so I don't get ill. She said you might let me stay with you tonight." He spoke nervously.

I don't think I've ever liked Amber more than this moment. Remind me to thank her for this.

"Of course you can stay here." I said a little to loud. "I mean uh, sure that's cool." I corrected myself.

"Saved it." He smiled.

"Totally." I nodded sitting back down.

"Need help?" Tim asked looking at the paper work.

"Oh." I looked at the desk. "It's ok, I can do it. Plus it would take longer to teach you."

Tim nodded sitting down on my bed, he looked down fiddling with my hands. He looked disappointed.

"Actually." I started. He looked up at me hope in his eyes. "I'll teach you." I picked up a small stack of paper and sat next to him on the bed. I spent the next half hour explaining what to do on different papers.

We sat on the bed talking and filling out papers. I loved this. I was sitting here, doing something mundane but with Tim it was exciting. Everything was better with him.

"Favorite colour?" I asked.

"Blue." He answered not looking up.

"Like your eyes." I mumbled.

"Huh?" He asked.

"Nothing." I looked up at him to find him staring at me. "What?" I asked.

"Why didn't you want me to be your mate at first?" He asked me.

"I-." I thought for a moment. "I didn't think I was attracted to men." I admitted.

"Isn't it normal?" He asked. I didn't know how to answer his question.

"It's normal but-" I thought for a moment. "I just thought I was straight."

"Then why were you ashamed?" He said quietly.

"I'm not out." He looked confused. "I haven't told my parents and friends that I like guys and girls."

"Oh."

"I just needed some time to get my head around it and I want to tell everyone at the right moment. It's a big thing, you know?" I explained.

He nodded with a smile. "I get it."

***

I woke up with a heavy weight on my chest. I opened my eyes find a sleeping Tim's head laying on me. I grinned at him moving my hand so I could stroke his soft hair. I felt him stir so I quickly move my arm away.

His eyelids rose revealing his bright eyes. He shuffled so he was looking up at me. There was a moment of silence where I feared that he was going to freak out and leave.

As I was about to have a panic attack he wrapped an arm over my body and snuggled into me. "Good morning." He whispered.

"Morning beautiful." I replied with a smile. His cheeks turned pink and he hid his head in the crook of my neck. "Do you want to go get breakfast?" He agreed with a nod.

After getting dressed I grabbed his hand and led him to our first date. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.1K 23
Xavier found out his mate was his best friend, Alex, when he was sixteen years old. He told Alex, but Alex couldn't believe it so he 'rejected' him...
619 14 30
Adam has no one, no family, no Friends. He's just an outcast but somehow hes surviving. Xavier isn't the most popular guy in school but he has a lo...
31K 847 25
(Not a new story just revised and edited) Jessie is starting her final year in high school and it isn't easy with Missy, her elementry friend turned...
892K 21.5K 26
"You're my mate," he whispers as takes my hand. Huh?! I'm your what? Amber has never heard of werewolves before, either has anyone else. The only peo...