War of the Worlds

By marine325

We always thought if we face any kind of alien incursion they would come from the skies. We were wrong they c... More

Prologue
The UNEC
Wings of Freedom
First Contact
First Contact Pt.2
Struggle for Trost
Struggle for Trost Pt.3
Struggle for Trost Pt.4
Struggle for Trost Pt.5
Aftermath
Negotiations
Aid
The Raid
Hearts and Minds Pt 1
Hearts and Minds Pt: 2
The Loss
The Discovery

Struggle for Trost Pt.2

7.1K 167 78
By marine325

Chapter 7: Struggle for Trost pt.2

Trost, Wall Rose, Bravo Company 1st UNEC Battalion

When the Bravo Company entered through the Breach they were greeted by a gruesome sight. The area was littered with bodies and remains of the defenders and broken barricades, weapons and cannons. By the looks of it, these people put up an ineffective defence against the giants and were overwhelmed in a matter of minutes. After eliminating the few Giants around the area including the one stuck in the moat and was trying in vain to crawl out with a 25mm Chain gun round and securing a perimeter Capt. Edward walks in holding an M4 in his hands, looking around as his men were removing the bodies or what remains of the defenders from the way for the LAVs, not wanting to crush them under their wheels and preparing themselves to move in deeper into the city.

"Sir, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Platoons are ready to move in." his XO informs.

"Giants incoming upfront !" A marine warned pointing at small group consisting of both T1 and T2 giants.

"What are you waiting for? light them up." He yelled.

The Humvees and the LAV support opened fire with pinpoint accuracy hitting right on their necks and destroying their napes. They tumbled down dead and began to evaporate.

"Clear !"

Edward turns his attention and looks at the aerial image of the city on his Tough book which is used as a map for this operation. The city's construction and buildings are equivalent to the ones from the 1800s, A single main road which is the only path large enough for the support vehicles and lots of smaller and congested alleyways like the pre-industrial cities only for the infantry making them a perfect place for Giant ambush nightmare. There are still pathways enough for the LAVs to fit in but manoeuvring them inside will be impossible. The single main road is connected with two other roads leading to the Western and the Eastern parts of the city. The main street leads straight to the centre where a large castle is located. Probably local military HQ or house of the city's mayor and then towards the inner wall's gate.

"Sir, the city is too big for a single company to clear those monsters out." his XO pointed out.

"I know that Lieutenant but the Battalion have no men and vehicles to spare. We have to make do with what we got." He replies back. To this, his XO nodded.

"Good." looking back at the tough book he said. "Send 1st and 2nd Platoon through the central road and 3rd on the road on the left. 4th will be advancing through the right flank on the banks of the river."

"Add additional AT teams with the 5th and 6th Platoons they will be the ones those have the task on pacifying the inner city blocks between our advance. Their LAVs will be distributed among the other Platoons as manoeuvrability inside those small alleyways and roads is practically impossible."

"Yes, Sir." His XO says and relays the command.

Edward looks down. He was basically sending 5th and 6th Platoon on a suicide mission. But he had no other choice these Platoons were the only ones that had veterans from the Cuba campaign and know well how to fight in a congested city like this. Though other platoons were extensively trained in city combat those trainings were only done in a modern city environment. Panic in combat is another factor when killing these monsters from a mile away is pretty easy but when coming face to face with them might weaver the will of any grown man. Adding an extra AT or Giant killer teams to them would be a boast in firepower. Their guns are also basically pea shooters against these giants. Leaving the AT teams only the Designated Marksman, Grenadiers and the MG gunners has sufficient firepower to even pierce their necks to saturate their napes for the kill. (Note 7.62 rounds can penetrate through the harden Titan skin from the front) Other troops are armed with M4 and M16 rifles with 5.56 bullets, enough to blind those monsters or distract their attention towards you. They can be only effective if they can hit and saturate the Giant's exposed nape directly from behind. Moreover, 7.62 rounds are only effective against the T2 class Giants leaving only the Grenadiers and AT teams left to deal with the more dangerous T1 and aggressive T3 giant classes. Without the LAVs, Humvees and their mounted 50 Cal machineguns and Grenade launchers are the only vehicular support they are going to have.

When he receives info that the Platoons are ready he quickly orders his Radio operator to inform Alistair that the operation is about to begin.

Trost, 104th Cadet Training Corps

Eren's squad was standing on the roof of a building looking towards the direction of the breach and those big explosions they heard some time ago. Now it was replaced by the sound of cannon fire. The explosions before and rumours about the sighting of flying objects in the skies have already sent a wave of confusion and speculations among the ranks of the military. But this matter had to be brushed aside for the time being. The Titans were still entering the city and their numbers were growing at an alarming rate and the city was not fully evacuated yet. So the Cadets and the soldiers were sent to their designated defensive locations as planned before.

Armin Arlert a survivor from the fall of Wall Maria and childhood friend of Eren stood on the roof with his squad. He was rememorizing the teaching of his instructors on the weakness of the Titans. He was also thinking about the rumours about the explosions from outside and now very close to the wall. Until his thoughts were broken by Eren.

"Hey, Armin! don't you think this is a great chance." He said to this best friend with great enthusiasm.

After the fall and death of his only family his Grandfather by the hands of the Titans he lived with his friends Eren and his foster sister Mikasa for a year working in the fields until they were able to enlist in the military and now he stood here waiting to enter his first battle against the Titans even before he graduated from the Training Corps.

"If we prove ourselves in today's battle before even entering the Scouting regiment, surely they would promote us right up the ladder."

"Yeah! without a doubt!" he replies with a wary smile.

"Not to burst your bubble, but quite a few of us are aiming for joining the Scouts this year !" One of their squadmate Mina Carolina joins in.

"I lagged behind you Eren!, I am not going to lose this time." Thomas declares.

"That's the spirit, Thomas!"

"Let's have a contest to see you slays more Titans!" Thomas said.

*Bang*

They all turn their attention towards the source of the noise.

"Eren whom do you think are firing those cannons ?" Armin asks.

"We don't know till now Armin. Anyone trying to get near the source didn't return. We can now only put our attention at slaying the titans and helping in the evacuation."

Armin nods in response

"Squad 34, advance! Assist the frontline guard!" A Garrison officer orders.

"Right! Let's go!"

Drawing their blades they all yelled in response

"Yeahhh"

The squad using their ODM gears advanced towards the battlefront. They were filled with excitement, fear and courage they mustered to fight with the enemies of humanity. Until Eren noticed a large number of titans advancing through the city virtually unopposed.

"The Titans advanced this far ?!" Carolina said with wide eyes

"The front guard's already been crushed?!" Thomas yelled astonished to see the veteran troops have already been wiped out.

"What our Glory hunger seniors doing?" Another Cadet said.

'I thought the situation to be bad, but this bad...' Eren's thought was interrupted when he heard someone yelling at them from behind.

"Stop!, hold your advance now!"

Eren looked back to see a Garrison soldier was following them. Being a soldier meant he ranks higher than him and he decided to comply with the order and stop at a nearby building.

"Who is in charge of your squad ?" The soldier asked

"I am Sir!" Eren stepped forward.

"What are your orders?"

"To assist the front guard in holding the Titans at bay. Sir!"

"Well, cancel that order cadet, there is no front guard left to support, I am now ordering you now all to fall back to the HQ with me."

The cadets' eyes widen some of their went pale with this new info.

"But sir, with all due respect you cannot order us to fallback," Eren says determine not to lose his chance on having his revenge.

"I can, I am Captain Hermann of the Front Guard or you can say what left of it. I have a very vital informati..."

*Bang* Bang* Bang*

"That!" he said by pointing towards the source of the sound. "An unknown has entered through the breach and are engaging the titans as we speak. If weren't for those outsiders distracting a lot of titans towards them I would have been surely been Titan's morning meal. We have to inform the command at the HQ about this unknown force. Though we don't know their clear intentions we can still work with them save the city."

Soon more cannon fire could be heard again. But this time it was far closer.

"You three." pointing towards Armin, Carolina and another cadet. "Go through the middle section and inform any Cadet squads you meet to fall back towards the HQ. With the Titans Dwindling numbers, it will be easier for us to hold them there. And for rest of you follow me to meet the district commander, if I fall on the way, one of you must get this vital information to captain Woermann. Am I clear."

"But sir."

"No buts cadet. This is an order from a superior officer and you will obey no matter what or I will execute you for treason."

This effectively silenced Eren.

"Yes sir!" the replied.

"Good. Now move out!"

The squad split into two Armin and Carolina going towards the east where most of the Cadet squads have been deployed. While Eren grudgingly followed Hermann towards the HQ.

(20 Minutes later)

Armin sat on the ground holding his injured right hand from the fall. His left eye was closed due to the Blood pouring out from his wounded forehead. He couldn't comprehend what just happened a few minutes ago. After receiving orders from the captain his group went on to inform any cadet squads they encountered on the way. They were only able to locate only two squads before noticing their ODMs were nearly out of gas. Deciding it was time to fall back the group turned around towards the HQ but suddenly out of nowhere an abnormal titan ambushed them in mid-air. One of their members was caught by its jaws.

Knowing it was too late to save him they decided to move on but Carolina's cables were caught by a titan bringing her down. Armin hearing her cries for help turned around to rescue her squadmate. But at the very moment, he ran out of gas. He crashed on the stone-paved road with a thud and rolled several meters due to speed he was in during his fall. While trying to get up he found out his right arm was out of action, his left leg had a sprain and he was filled with cuts and bruises. The worst is his forehead.

Mustering all his strength he got up and began to walk using the nearby houses and objects as pillars. Hearing someone's cries he limped towards the spot only to find the couple Hanna and Franz present there.

On the ground lay the lifeless mutilated body of Franz who was surrounded by his own pool of blood. On the top of him, Hanna was frantically trying to revive him. Armin walks towards them and falls on his knees. Franz was already torn in half.

"Aaaaahhhhhhhh."

Suddenly Armin began to cry and wail in anguish. The ground shook around them as titans began to arrive at their location noticing a group of humans to feed upon.

He was too much in a shock to move even an inch as the titan's giant hands reach to grab him.

But Suddenly a trail of smoke pass over their heads and hit the titan on his centre blasting the monster apart. The hot Titan blood splashed on him and Hanna. Armin slowly looks back, watching men in strange clothing were yelling and running towards him and firing their strange weapons at the Titans.

Trost, Bravo Company, 5th Platoon

2nd Lt Hector Nantz, a veteran from the Cuban campaign led his rifle platoon through the streets of the deserted city. The Humvees and marines moved slowly through the alleyways. They scanned every corner, roads and houses for a giant or a survivor from the carnage before advancing further. All they found were mangled bodies or their parts laying around on the ground. Their platoon by sheer luck or grace of lord almighty had yet to face any giant in their advance unlike the others those are faced with heavy resistance from the giants. The giants were attracted towards a large group of humans gathered in a single area and sound. The major mechanized push by the 1st, 2nd and 4th Platoons was facing more heat from the attracted giants rather than his and the 6th Platoon for the most part.

Nantz disembarks from his Humvee and began walking along with his men.

"Sir"

Nantz looks back. "What is it, Mason ?"

The Marine hands him an odd-looking broken sword with a trigger and string attached to its end. The blades of this weapon looked extremely sharp on its edges.

"Sir, I found this on one of the dead natives. Sir, from the looks of it these people are fighting these monsters with swords and Napoleonic era cannons" he said.

"I know," Nantz replies and gives it back. "Get this in the back of the Humvee, it might be useful later."

Mason nods and places it in the humvees cargo hold and then returns back to join his squad.

A few minutes later they suddenly heard someone wailing not very far from their present position.

Sensing someone's life is in danger, Nantz yells. "What are you waiting for?" Pointing towards the direction of the wail, "go go go"

The marines on the foot began rushing to the location of the survivor, Humvees closely following behind.

The first squad to reach the area saw a blonde injured boy sitting there crying and a girl not far from him trying to revive a person on the ground with CPR. An enormous 10mtr giant was walking towards them and those people weren't moving an inch.

"Heyyyy." one of the marines called out.

"Get out of there." But it was of no use.

Those people on the ground were in too much shock to notice them or the monster focused on them for his next meal.

"Open fire. Distract that bastard."

They trained their guns at the giant open fire. The bullets pierced through the giant's eyes. It began shrieking in pain. The AT team took over and fired a rocket through their SMAW launcher. It hit directly at the Giant's centre and blasting it to bits. They began advancing at the survivors.

They picked up the blonde boy who looked no more than 15 years old and was in shock and injured. After the Medic patched him up they placed him on a stretcher and loaded him on one of the humvees. For the girl, she resisted and didn't want to leave the mutilated body of a young man on the ground she was trying to revive sometime ago. She had to cuffed for her own safety and was placed in the same Humvee along with the boy, to be taken back to the breached gate where a temporary aid station had been set up.

As the Humvee turned to leave several more Giants ranging 15 m to 5 m advancing towards them.

"Marines !, What we do to the creatures that tried to replace us in the Food Chain?"

"Kill!" his men responded as they prepared themselves for a stand in the intersection.

"What to do the enemies of humanity?"

"Kill"

"Open Fire!, toast their assholes "

Humvee mounted 50 Cal Machine gun opened up, ripping the T3 titans apart. Marines opened fire with their rifles, machine guns and grenade launchers at the larger ones trying to hit their weak spots. An abnormal giant leapt out from nowhere and collided with a humvee sending the gunner flying and turning it around crushing another. It caught another marine who was firing at it with his rifle and ripped him into half and crushed another under its feet. One of the Grenadiers turned his M32 MGL grenade launcher and unloaded all his grenades on it.

The creature fell down on the ground. But as its nape was not hit it began to regenerate. An MG gunner taking this opportunity climbed on the top of the giant and unloaded half of his magazine on the neck of the creature and destroying its nape and killing it.

The fighting would go on for next half an hour where 5th Platoon would hold on a group of 15 giants including one T3 leaper class on their own clearing the area of any giant presence and fell back to the breach for resupply and rearm.

UNEC 1st battalion, Wall Rose

Alistair looks on as F/A-18 jets conduct another bombing run on the mass of Giants gathered on the edge of the forest. Any giant that survives the bombing run were effectively put down by tanks and LAVs. The weather was also changing. The sun was slowly being covered by dark clouds and rainfall was expected at any moment.

The giant numbers began to dwindle as per the recent reconnaissance report. If their numbers kept on declining by the current margin, he would be able to send some reinforcements for Bravo company in their operation.

"Sir!, we have choppers coming from the south." A Marine says pointing towards the direction where a group of choppers were visible flying towards them.

Slowly the sound of the helicopters rotor blades was audible.

"This is Yeager actual to Yankee actual. Where do you need us over ?" his radio crackled to life.

"This is Yankee actual, I want you to take your attack helicopters and troops and help Bravo company in the Giant eradication operation. Over."

"Roger that, Yankee actual over and out."

Four Cobra attack helicopters, two NH90 and a Seahawk flew over right their heads above the walls and into the city on the other side.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 196 13
My generation we were born into war. Massive monsters attack our world. We call them, Kaijus. They came through the breach. A gateway, a portal throu...
9K 217 17
NOTE THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AOT TIMELINE OR MANGA. THIS IS SIMPLY A FANFIC CROSSOVER STORY BETWEEN GODZILLA AND AOT! I RECOMMEND PEOPLE 15+...
151 40 9
It was supposed to be an easy 3 step process. Go, collect, return. As an added bonus they would be famous heroes of Earth. If only they could get bac...
181 8 4
Two armies from 1942 find themselves in the AOT universe after disappearing from our world, via the Bermuda Triangle. Now will they set aside their d...