Riverdale Imagines

By Middleearthastronaut

Riverdale Imagines of your favourite characters. Requests are welcome, happy reading! More

Greetings Readers!
Beanie Boy (Jughead)
Bad dreams (Archie)
More Please (Reggie)
Christmas/Holiday Preferences
Valentine's Day Preferences

Starless Nights (Betty)

118 2 0
By Middleearthastronaut

So I've been gone for months upon months to which I apologize, but I decided to just begin writing which gave me some motivation to make this, I'm not sure if many people will enjoy it but I had a lot of fun writing it. Anyways happy reading 👌

Pops, laughter, homework assignments, movie nights, drinking, kissing, driving, and football games. Things that most would easily describe most teenagers in Riverdale and would be expected to be doing in their daily lives, yet it is so much different now, at least for one individual you knew.

Stomach churning fear, mind games, Black hood, tormenting, fearful nights, glazed over eyes, sinners, mystery murders, and preventing deaths was the norm in Betty's life at the moment.

While teenage life always does seem to get complicated, Betty Cooper's was on a whole new level.

You knew her home life was rough but you weren't aware of this whole Black hood mess - she really did keep up a front. Made everyone believe she was okay when really everything was crumbling apart.

I mean you did that as well but not to the same severity. Currently you you were finishing last period, English as you thought back on the conversation that happened with your girlfriend at lunch today.

With shaky hands and an overall twitchy demeanour, you sat with your girlfriend with your small group of friends. Your hand intertwined with hers as she continually looked around her - as if she were checking for something.

You found this odd, although she had been acting weirdly for awhile now thinking on it. The more you thought, the more worry which filled you. You squeezed her palm as a signal to go for a walk which she gratefully took.

She leaned into your shoulder to which you fully put your arm around her waist as a sigh left her lips.

"Betty, i-is there anything bothering you. I mean out of the ordinary"? You tried asking as you broke away from her figure and looked at her.

She seemed to dodge eye contact but her shaking and fearful deaminor could not hold up for much longer although yours couldn't either.

You missed sharing your problems with the girl you loved, you miss stupid conversations and playful arguments. You missed reading books together and eating at pops, hanging out with her friends and showing slight pda to make them gag, you missed your relationship but most importantly you wanted her back.

A sigh left her chapped lips as you looked at you and motioned to walk. You looked back at the table of her friends which you could even call your friends by how often you see and hang out with them.

The two of you walked as she began to open up. As she fed you the details of her personal life you were well for a better word shocked.

"To recap, you've been talking to a serial killer regularly and he's been puppet mastering you?". You questioned with slight humour but majorly concern."You are in a toxic relationship with the black hood and you need to break up."

"Betty, why didn't you tell me sooner?" You questioned as you let everything she had just trusted you with sink in before sighing and looked over at her tearful eyes as you had stopped behind the school.

"I'm so so sorry this has been happening", you mumbled as you wrapped your arms around her figure, your face tucked into her neck, blonde hair touching your head. You took in her sweet strawberry lavender scent as she cried lightly into your shoulder.

"I wish I could've seen this happening sooner or-", you mumbled to her as she tore away to look at you.

"No, no. Y/N, you have a tendency to blame yourself but it's not your fault okay? I-I just needed to tell you and apologize for not being there for you. We really have grown apart due to all of this", she spoke while holding your hands as it was your turn to let out a tear and sad smile.

"You have no reason to apologize - I mean your practically being tormented by a killer", you spoke but immediately regretted your choice of words.

"Look how about after school today I stop by, and we forget about everything else and have ourselves a date night", you offered with your first smile showing on your face. Your H/L H/C hair cupped your face with your smile as you waited for her response.

She nodded slowly while your smile grew and you planted a soft kiss to her lips. "I'll help you Betty", you spoke foreheads touching to which she mumbled the same to you before the bell rang signalling the rest of the days classes.

English class had passed by quickly after the amount of thinking you had been doing. As the bell rang, you flung yourself up and out of the classroom. You quickly made your way to the lockers to get your things and a army green sweater, as it was slightly chilly out. With that you headed out of the hell hole otherwise referred to as high school and immediately made a detour to pops, considering your date was at 5.

The fluorescent lights shone as you got close to pops, but not nearly as bright as you remember. A sigh left your lips as everything in Riverdale seemed to be rather gloomy, you just wish you could catch a break.

You entered the small and rather empty diner, although considering it was about 4 on a Thursday you weren't shocked. "Hello Pop", you said throwing on a smile for the older man. He was always so kind to you and everyone else, you thought it was the least you could do.

"Hello Y/N, no friends with you today I see"? He questioned with a rather sad smile as you shook your head. "Not a lot of anyone with what happened with the black hood, despite all of your efforts", he said referring to when the pussycats sang. You have him a sympathetic look before sighing and walking to the counter.

"Pop I'm sure this place will be buzzing in no time, everyone is just scared right now. Everyone is scared", you repeated thinking back and to Betty.

Shaking that melancholic feeling out of you, you ordered two burgers and fries, and two strawberry milkshakes. You and Betty had pretty similar orders whenever coming here.

As you awaited for your food, you headed to the bathroom to check your appearance. While you and Betty had been dating for quite awhile and neither really cared about each other's appearance, you still wanted to look nice.

That giddy and stomach churning feeling came, one you hadn't had since you began dating Betty. You had always been in love with her, but the excitement and nervousness that should've never left came back now as you thought about your date tonight but you knew it wasn't just about you, you had to take care of her as well.

After multiple checks and turns, you thought your jeans and sweater looked alright. Plus you knew you left extra sweatpants and clothes over at her house for occasions like this so you could always get changed afterwards.

You had gotten your milkshakes and meals and headed off after a goodbye to Pop and headed towards Betty's. The walk there sent a fearful mood throughout you but you tried your best to ignore it. Once arrived at Betty's you climbed through her window without even bothering to knock, knowing how her parents had a bit of a disliking towards you.

You peered through her window to see Betty pacing and once met with your eyes she rushed to her window with a hint of a smile, opened her window to which you handed her your backpack filled with goodies, and tumbled in.

"Hello beautiful", you said with a bright smile before getting up. She sadly smiled towards you, seemingly reverting back to her state before you had come in.

"Are you alright, did something happen? Did the black hood call you"? You questioned quickly as you made your way back to her and she turned towards you, teary eyed.

"I'm sorry Y/N", she mumbled. "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you - or even with anyone at all. I realized that I don't know anything that's going on with you, but the black hood is just controlling my life and I don't want him to threaten to take you away and-" "Hey, hey, hey", you spoke pulling her into a hug smiling. "We have right now to catch up with each other, and season 1 of the better call saul to watch together. Oh yeah and I brought Pops!" You spoke smiling while letting go of her and emptying your bag. She sniffled, nodded and the two of you began your date night.

Throughout the date night, the two of you were on your 5th episode of better call saul, eaten and drank the milkshakes, you had completely changed your wardrobe into sweats and a baggy tee shirt of hers, talked, laughed, even cried at times. Now you rested your head on the blondes shoulder, snuggled in and wrapped your arms around her before kissing her cheek. You didn't know what time it was but you knew it was a school night and it was late.

"Unfortunately, I think I should head home. My mom's away but my dad comes home late tonight from work, and I should beat him home. He doesn't know I'm seeing you", you whispered before slowly sitting up. A smirk was still playing on your lips and you wished you could spend the night but you really did have to go.

"Oh, okay", she spoke sadly but stood up and helped you gather your things. "But we do have biology together tomorrow - you better be my partner", she spoke while laughing as you put everything back into your B/C bag and headed out the window.

"Love you!" She yelled to you sending a cheesy kiss and blowing it to you. You caught it as you had reached the ground before winking. "Love you too", you whispered as she closed her windows and blinds.

You wore a bright smile as you walked home, this time no fear filling you. You thought of Betty, the time spent together with her, and your strengthened relationship.

In the midst of your thoughts and smiles, you failed to notice the footsteps slowly coming closer towards you. With one more happy sigh you looked up at the sky, and the starless night before you let out a blood curdling scream.

Someone had been following you, and stabbed you from behind. As you fell to the ground in agony you only were able to make out one thing before things went fuzzy and dark - a black hooded mask.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 4.7K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
952K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC