Warriors: The Prophecy (Book...

Por Labeester

The life of adventure: becoming a Warrior! But something dark is hiding in the shadows, haunting four cats wh... Más

Allegiances
Prologue: The Howl
Chapter One: A First Glimpse
Chapter Two: Training
Chapter Three: Trust
Chapter Four: ShadowClan
Chapter Five: The Third Cat
Chapter Seven: Grieving
Chapter Eight: The Barn
Chapter Nine: Hatred
Chapter Ten: Mothpaw
Chapter Eleven: My Destiny
Chapter Twelve: The Darkness
Chapter Thirteen: Whiteberry
Chapter Fourteen: DarkClan
Updated Allegiances
Chapter Fifteen: The Fourth Cat
Chapter Sixteen: The Beginning
Chapter Seventeen: ThunderClan
Chapter Eighteen: Morningkit and Graykit
Chapter Nineteen: Nine Lives
Chapter Twenty: My Deputy

Chapter Six: Betrayal

4 2 2
Por Labeester

CHAPTER 6

The dim morning light shone dimly through a crack in the warriors den, waking me from my sleep. I opened an eye, the sunlight shining in my eyes and causing irritation to seep through me.

I sat up and glanced at the cats around me: Talltail, who finally left the nursery, Shrewclaw, and Cloudpool. I jumped over my mother and exited the den, careful not to step on Talltail's tail.

The clearing was bright as it buzzed with activity. Reedfeather led Dawnstripe and Littlepaw out on patrol and Dawnpaw was showing Cherrypaw how to put brambles up on the nursery.

I quickly padded over to Heatherstar who glanced up at me from talking to Hawkheart.

"How did we sleep last night?" I asked, sitting down beside them.

"Wonderful, thanks for asking Russettail," Hawkheart replied, trotting away.

"I slept lovely, thank you." She dipped her head. "Can I help you with something?"

"I want to know why we haven't attack ThunderClan's camp yet," I replied, watching Dawnpaw out of the corner of my eye.

"Because we're waiting for RiverClan to attack their own camp. Which should be tomorrow night if we're lucky. Then we'll strike back with ShadowClan on our side. We will be prepared and chase them back to ThunderClan camp," she stated.

"Shouldn't we be there setting up traps?" I asked, licking my paw.

"Talltail, Shrewclaw, Cloudpool, Cinderleaf, and her kits got that job," she mewed, looking behind me.

I glanced behind me, seeing Mothkit and Redkit chasing after Cinderleaf's tail. "Well, good luck with that." I stood up and walked towards the camp entrance, exiting the camp.

As soon as I was out of camp I could see the light snow falling from the sky. The snow beneath me crunched under my paws.

"Russettail, wait up!" Shrewclaw called, walking up to me.

"Don't you have traps to set?" I grumbled, feeling the irritation seeping up again.

"Nope, I quit that patrol. The kits would only get in the way. And they shouldn't even be traveling over there anyways. Kits are suppose to leave camp," she replied with a flick of her tail.

"Exactly!" I agreed and shook my head. "Heatherstar seems to think they'll be useful."

"When they're apprentices they will be. They should be soon here, at least less than three moons." Shrewclaw watched the snow on the ground.

"How do you feel about RiverClan taking back their camp?" I asked now, glancing at her.

Shrewclaw's ears pricked. "I'm okay with the idea. But if Heatherstar commands us to attack, then I will do as she asks," she replied calmly. "What about you?"

I shrugged. "Heatherstar doesn't know that I hate the idea. I only told her because Dawnpaw-"

The she-cat snorted. "You told Heatherstar to get Dawnpaw mad, Russettail. You really don't have to lie to me."

Blinking at her in surprise and I let out a laugh. "Just don't tell Dawnpaw, okay?"

"Why are you trying to get her mad at you?" the dark brown she-cat asked with a flick of her tail as we continued to walk away from camp.

"I don't want to hurt her from what I'm about to do," I mumbled, looking at the sky where the snow continued to fall.

"What are you about to do?"

Glancing over at her I shrugged. "It's a secret."

She stopped asking questions and continued to walk beside me. I was quiet relieved she'd stopped questioning what I was going to do. Truth be told, no one would like it.

All you have to do is give yourself up to RiverClan... It won't be that hard, I thought to myself, but I couldn't lie, I was terrified. If Heatherstar found out...

"Russettail, you aren't going to do something rabbit-brained are you?" Shrewclaw asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

I swallowed down my fear. "Don't worry about it, it really isn't that bad."

Shrewclaw frowned and turned away from me. "Be safe." Then she raced away.

I sighed and laid down in the snow, wishing to be alone with my thoughts. I wished I could sink into the ground and disappear forever.

"Mind if I sit by you, Russettail?" Cinderleaf asked, startling me.

"Sure!" I purred, batting the ground with my tail. "Where are Mothkit and Redkit?"

She sat down, settling down beside me. "They're in the nursery with Talltail." My sister shook her head. "I want to talk to you about that thing you're going to do."

I blinked in surprise at her. Shrewclaw! "I'm going to stop RiverClan from hurting WindClan. No big deal."

"How're you going to stop RiverClan?" she asked with a smirk. "You got a plan?"

My eyes shined. "I have my ways. Yes, I have a plan. It's a good, well, thought out plan," I replied, definitely lying. There was nothing well thought out about it.

"Well then, I'm in!" she announced with a flick of her tail. "Let's hear this plan."

"Sorry, you can't join because it'd break Talltail and your kits' hearts," I told her. "So no, you're staying here while I goto ThunderClan camp."

She hissed. "If I can't do it then you can't either! I'll just follow you."

"You can follow me," I mewed simply. "But you won't like what you see." I stood up, continuing my journey to RiverClan, getting a glimpse of Cinderleaf following behind me.

***

Cinderleaf and I sat on the border, waiting for a patrol that should be coming soon with the sun setting.

"So, are you going to tell me your plan now?" the she-cat asked for the millionth time.

I sighed. "No. As I said before: You'll try to talk me out of it, and I think it'll work, with someone like me, at least."

"Well, well, well, look what we have here, Bluefur," growled a low voice who came out of the bushes, three other cats following him.

"Adderfang, nice to see you too." I dipped my head respectfully. "You too, Bluefur."

"How can ThunderClan help you, Russetpaw?" Bluefur asked, tilting her head.

"It's Russettail, now," I mumbled and shook my head. "I'm actually here to talk with Hailstar. And Hailstar only." I narrowed my eyes at Adderfang, Thrushpelt, and Tawnyspots.

"Well, you cannot talk with-" Bluefur began and Tawnyspots dipped his head, interrupting the she-cat he purred, "Hailstar would be glad to talk to you Russettail. Please follow me."

I walked over the border and followed the tom, getting glares from the cats surrounding me and Cinderleaf.

As we walked through the forest I felt small and crowded. How can they live here? And why would they want to? I asked myself, shivering.

"Here we are!" Tawnyspots announced and I looked around, realizing we were near a stream where the RiverClan cats were fishing.

"Russetpaw!" Hailstar purred, walking to me. "How're you? How is my camp?"

"Russettail," I growled to him in irritation. "I'm brilliant. And so is your camp." My tail flicked at Bluefur. "Please bring Cinderleaf back to the WindClan border," I commanded.

Bluefur dipped her head. "Of course." Then she turned around, shoving my sister away from me.

"Russettail? Wait, wait! What're you going to do?! What do I tell the others if you don't come back?!" her shouts faded after a while.

"I am here to give myself to you so you can take back RiverClan camp," I announced.

The RiverClan leader's eyes narrowed. "I may be old but I am no fool. I know you are planning to attack us or something."

"And that is why you'll have me. If you take over the camp you can threaten to kill me if they don't give your camp back," I pointed out.

"How do I know you won't run away?"

"I give you my word."

"I can't trust your word!" Hailstar snapped angrily.

"Well, you'd better start too," Russettail growled at him. "I am your only hope to get your camp back."

"What's in it for you?" Hailstar questioned clearing his throat.

"You tell my leader you captured me and then you came up with that plan," I stated. "That's all."

He nodded. "Agreed. I'll get my warriors there now." He jumped on a small rock and yowled. "We are attacking RiverClan's camp now. Crookedjaw will lead the first patrol with Rippleclaw, Mudfur, Beetlepaw, Lakeshine, and Volepaw. I will lead another patrol with Cedarpelt, Ottersplash, Oakheart, Timberfur, and Whitefang. The rest of you will guard camp."

"And what about our new prisoner?" yowled Softwing.

"He will be coming with us," the leader replied coldly. "We will be using him to take over the camp. If they try to fight back, we slit his throat."

I blinked in surprise. He's taking this too seriously! He's going to kill me if they attack his warriors!

My heart beated in my chest, but I made sure I didn't run. I kept my promises.

Hailstar led his patrol to the river and jumped in, swimming to RiverClan land. I turned back and then whipped around, racing forward I leaped at the edge of the bank and landed near Hailstar who looked at me with surprise.

I shrugged. "Shall we keep moving?" I asked.

We padded to RiverClan's camp and then slipped in, Crookedjaw's patrol going around the back to check to make sure it was clear.

Hailstar entered the camp first, looking around with his narrowed eyes.

I knew I smelt something and my heart pounded with worry. Cinderleaf! I glanced at Hailstar. "I'll check the nursery." Trotting to the nursery I could hear footsteps following after me.

I entered the nursery, spotting my sister in the corner of the den. "Cinderleaf, what're you doing here?" I hissed at her and realized her kits were hiding behind her.

A large tom bursted into the nursery, swatting me away with one of his huge paws. "Yes, what is she doing here, Russettail?"

Whitefang! My heart quickened. "I don't know... We keep our queens here. Please don't give her away," I pleaded.

He nodded. "Fine, but not for you." He whipped around and exited the nursery.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I looked at my sister. "Stay here and stay quiet." I entered the clearing. "Nursery clear! You got your camp back can I leave now?"

Hailstar nodded. "Take your sister and her kits with you," he replied calmly glancing at Whitefang.

I hissed and turned around to see Cinderleaf nudging her kits to the entrance of camp, then they disappear and I raced after.

Cinderleaf and I neared camp when she broke the silence, mewing, "What were you doing with them?"

"Saving WindClan from an attack that wasn't necessary. And I saved you and your kits." My tail twitched.

Her ears pricked. "What're we going to tell Heatherstar?" she asked, her eyes flickered in unease.

"We tell her that they gave us a warning to stay away from their camp. And that's all we tell her. If she pushes then we'll tell her that RiverClan used me as hostage for you and your kits to flee," I replied, shrugging.

"You were helping them, weren't you?" she asked, her eyes raking down my pelt.

"I didn't want RiverClan camp anymore." I didn't want you to get hurt in the fight that was supposed to happen tomorrow, I thought.

She nodded. "Then I guess you got your wish," she mumbled as we entered camp.

"Russettail! There you are!" Reedfeather trotted over with a smile, then he frowned. "What happened?"

"RiverClan took their camp back," I replied, bowing my head. "I'm sorry."

He sighed. "It's okay. I'll go tell Heatherstar." He trotted away after licked one of the kits' heads.

I watched and Dawnpaw was suddenly beside me. I jumped and hissed. "What was that for?!"

She looked at me, her eyes filled in sorrow. "You lied to him. You helped RiverClan get their camp back, didn't you?"

I nodded. "But it was for a good cause."

The medicine cat apprentice took a deep breath. "Heatherstar is sick," she mewed suddenly. "With Whitecough. I'm afraid it'll get worse. Just be careful, okay?"

Watching her trot away I nodded to myself. I'll only protect our family, Dawnpaw. Not just myself, I thought as I watched Mothkit and Redkit play with Talltail's tail.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

173 1 22
"There will be one cat that will spark the Clans into madness, but only the frost will realize the trouble that the Clans will face and defeat it." F...
4.8K 333 14
Warriors; Secrets of the Shadows 1 Emberkit is the only daughter of Dusktide and Flameheat. She has two brothers, and all three of them have blood fr...
1.9K 130 27
It's been many moons since the final battle against the Dark Forest. The Clans returned to their regular routines and soon enough, everything was jus...
16.2K 798 28
After a narrow escape from death, Ravenpaw only wishes to earn his warrior name. But he soon realizes that danger still lurks in the forest, from bot...