Town Reject

By RaeRee

Veronica Wilson has been bullied since she could remember because of her size. She is overweight and nobody l... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Epilogue
City Reject (Book 2)

Chapter Twenty One

475 18 1
By RaeRee

The police have been here for over an hour now and it looked like they didn't plan on leaving any time soon either. It pissed me off to no end but there wasn't much I could do about it. I had given up after the first 15 minutes when they had refused to leave. I am now currently in the bar/kitchen trying to find something to cook. I pulled out the ingredients for a ham sandwich. I smiled at my ham, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and mayo sandwiches. Yummy. I cleaned up my mess before sitting at the bar to enjoy my sandwiches. I had just taken my first bite when I felt someone sit to my left. I turned and saw Hoani sitting there. Ugh! I didn't bother to say anything and just turned away finishing my sandwiches.

"Really? You're not going to talk to me anymore?" Hoani asked with a quiet almost broken sounding voice. I quickly finished my sandwich and got up to wash my dishes before turning back to him. "What do you want me to say?" I asked in a blank voice. His eyes filled with hurt and he had a sad aura rolling off him. "You broke up with me Hoani. You don't get to act all depressed when I did nothing wrong." I said in that same blank voice. He flinched at my words but still said nothing. I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. He moved to grab my arm but I moved out of his reach and continued outside.

I walked out and saw that Manaaki's car was still blocked in. I sighed in annoyance and looked around to see most of the bikers at tables scattered around the place. Angel, Mel, Tiny and Ryder were sitting at the table closest to me. Those two annoying detectives were also standing next to the table. I walked over and sat down next to Mel which put me opposite Angel and the closest to the detectives. "Sooo... How much longer are you guys going to be here? I have places to be, you know." I asked while drumming my fingers on the table and looking at the detectives. They both looked at me. "As long as it takes." The gay detective said. "As long as what takes?" I asked in annoyance. The detectives just glared at me but said nothing. What the actual f***?! I groaned and moved to lay my head on my arms that were now resting on the table, this is boring and stupid.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out. I looked at my phone and quickly sat up. I looked at my phone with wide nervous eyes when I saw the name on my screen. I slid the green phone across my screen and put the phone to my ear. "Father?" I answered nervously. "You will tell me why you got in touch with Shadow now." My father stated in a serious voice. He didn't sound angry or annoyed which was positive for me, he just sounded blank. I swallowed and looked around me. "I was helping out a friend. I had to do what needed to be done. " I said with a hesitant voice. My father stayed quiet for a very long time but I knew to stay silent and wait for him to speak. "How's the weather?" My father finally asked and I fought back a smile. He remembered the code I made up when I was a little girl. It was our way of checking if the other was able to talk now. "It's sunny." I said softly. We were to respond a certain way depending on if we were able to talk.

Sunny - cops are around but no danger
Hot - cops are around and need assistance
Cloudy - my mother is around
Clear - I'm free to talk now
Cold - I need your help now
Getting dark/it's late - I'm busy right now but will call you back later

It wasn't the best code in the world but I was 10 when I made it up, so sue me. "Call me back when you can. And Veronica, I expect a full explanation when you call me." He said in a cold voice. "Yes, father." I responded before he hung up the phone. I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket. "Problem?" Angel asked. I shrugged. "Erik Wilson is not impressed that his youngest daughter is in a bikers clubhouse." I said with a shrug. "Erik Wilson? As in owner of Wilson Industries, Erik Wilson? That's your father?" The gay detective asked nervously. I eyed him up and down slowly. "The one and only." I said as I eyed the detective confused. Every single cop instantly turned pale. They looked like they had just seen a ghost. What's their problem? Without another word, every single cop turned and walked towards their cars. Within 5 minutes they had all left.

I gave them a blank face as they all left. If I had known that dropping my father's name would make them leave, I would have said it an hour ago! I looked around for Manaaki and saw he was standing with his brother a few feet away. Manaaki met my eyes but shook his head no. Ugh! I should have brought my own f**king car! I knew it was my own fault for pissing off Ryder but he didn't need to bring his ex in after one little argument. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I looked at it and then remembered my phone call from my father.

My free hand tapped on the table nervously while my other hand was holding the phone to my ear. The ringing was driving me crazy. Ok, calm down! It's only your father. I mean what's the ... don't even think about finishing that thought! Nothing good happens when you think that. I heard the phone click and knew my father had answered. "Tell me why you got in touch with Shadow, Veronica." My father said. Well hello to you too. I rolled my eyes. "Father, I have already said that it was to help out a friend." I mumbled cautiously. "Do not mumble Veronica and you don't pay 15 million dollars for a friend. Now, who is he?" My father warned. I glanced at Ryder who was sitting next to Angel but quickly looked away when I saw him looking at me. I moved to stand up and walk away but Mel grabbed my arm and her eyes told me to stay. Damn.

"Father, how did you know I got in touch with them?" I asked trying to change the subject. "Don't try to change the subject on me, Veronica. You will tell me who this friend is, why you helped them and what you did to help them. And if you do not tell me now, I will cut you off. Do you understand me Veronica?" My father growled, his voice dripping with impatience and anger. I swallowed nervously, not knowing what to say. I may think I'm not materialistic or need money but I knew I was lying. Having so much money there for me to spend however I wanted was a much need relief for me. It allowed me to plan for my future however I wanted. Having my father threaten to cut me off was scary and not something I could deal with.

"I am still waiting, Veronica." My father growled again. I sighed in defeat. "His name is Ryder Harris. He moved to town at the start of the year with his family. His daughter was taken by her mother and I helped to get her back." I said with a shrug. "Stop shrugging your shoulders and that's not what I wanted to know." My father said his voice getting deeper the angrier he got. I dropped my shoulders instantly. I blinked confused and then tilted my head slightly. How did he know I was shrugging my shoulders? "Father, are you using my Birdie?" I asked cautiously.

My father was the only other person I had given access to Birdie but he could only access it on his personal laptop. He wasn't able to open it on any laptop unless he called me to set it up. "Yes. Now, which one is Ryder?" My father asked. I turned and looked at Ryder. "That one." I said with a slight nod in Ryder's direction before turning away. "What did you do?" My father asked. "Well, his baby mama decided to take his daughter to some rival bikers club and the leader of that club was only willing to give Aria, that's the daughter's name, back if Ryder's father gave up his drug route. They kept talking but I wasn't really listening to any of it, I was too busy focusing on other things. I finally got annoyed and gave the rival leader my own deal. Money or a one time favour with a computer. The rival leader made a joke about removing the criminal records for his boys, so that's what I did." I said.

"Did you get annoyed with Ryder's baby mama?" My father asked with what sounded like amusement but I instantly rejected that idea. My father has never once smiled at me or said anything in amusement towards me. "Father, how did you know that?" I asked confused. I looked up at the sky. Which satellite is he using right now? Can it read my mind? "You are like your mother. You both get jealous easily when it comes to the things you like." My father answered. I lowered my head and rolled my eyes. Whatever. "Stop rolling your eyes. It's unladylike." My father growled. I wanted so badly to look up and roll my eyes but that would have gotten me into more trouble. "Now, are you telling me that this boys father is the president of a charter that deals in drugs? Why are you still with them?" My father asked. Charter? What's that? Is that what biker clubs are called?

"I didn't bring my car and I managed to piss off Ryder. He's angry at me and I want to punch him in the face, so that rides out. I did manage to get a ride with someone else but due to other problems, that's out now too. Also if they want to make money dealing drugs, who am I to judge? At least they earn their own money. All the money I get is from you." I said. "Not a relevant point Veronica. Now apologise to that boy and get home. I will be there when you do. I expect you at home within 2 hours." My father said. "But it wasn't my fault..." Wait... My father is coming home? "Wait. Father if you're on your way home, can't you just come and pick me up?" I asked softly. It was a one in a million chance but there's no harm in asking right? "I will be there in 45 minutes to an hour. Be ready." My father said before hanging up. I smiled widely but it instantly dropped. Wait? If he is coming home does that my mother is with him too? S***!

"You good?" Angel asked. I shrugged my shoulder. "My father is on his way. I'm just hoping my mother isn't with him." I said softly. Angel raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Now that the cops were gone, the bikers were finally able to leave and get things done. Angel got up to leave. Manaaki and Hoani decided to join us at the table while we all waited for my father. An hour later a sleek black Bentley pulled in and parked right in front of the table I was sitting at. I watched as my father got out of the drivers' side. I sighed in relief when I realised my mother wasn't with him but that relief is shortlived. Shock flashed through my body causing my eyes to widen in surprise. My nerves shot through the roof when I saw who else was getting out of his car. S**t! Why is he here? "Shadow!" I cried out in surprise. I stood up as I watched him and my father walk towards me.

My eyes flashed to my father. My father stood tall at 6'3 and he was built like a lightweight boxer. He was slim but you could easily see his hard muscles and knew he could easily handle himself in a fight. He was wearing a dark grey suit and looked intimidating. He had light grey eyes and dirty blonde hair that was slicked back giving him that sophisticated look. He didn't look a day over 30 which I found amazing considering he was pushing 50.

My eyes then moved back to Shadow. He was 6'1 and built like a rugby player. He had wide shoulders, thick thighs and arms that could easily hold you for days. He was mixed. His father was Moari and his mother was Korean. He had those amazing Korean features. Pale skin with no blemish in sight, black hair and eyes so dark, you couldn't help but be captured by them. He didn't look a day over 20 but was pushing 40 at least. Why was he here though?

Shadow is my father's friend. He also taught me how to throw a punch. I have no idea how they knew each other and I gave up trying to ask a long time ago. They would both turn cold and dark every time I asked, so I knew to never ask again. Shadow didn't really talk to me much but I learnt fast to never annoy him. He was cold and dark and scared me like no other person could. I felt that if I made even the slightest wrong move towards him, he would kill me in an instant. I knew it was an irrational fear because he has never made a single move to attack me unless we were sparing but that didn't stop me from being scared of him. Here's the crazy part though, Shadow scared me right down to my very bones but I loved to watch him fight. He was so smooth with his movements and always made it look effortless. It was both scary and amazing at the same time.

I stood, watching as my father and Shadow moved to stand next to me at the table. "You've lost weight." Shadow stated as his cold eyes glanced at me before he eyed everyone around the table. I shivered as needles ran up my spine. I swallowed and nodded my head, not knowing what else to say. "Why?" Shadow asked with a cold voice. I looked around nervously. "Um, well you see... uhhh..." I mumbled nervously. Shadows eyes turned towards me and got even darker, if that was even possible. I tensed up and looked around.

My eyes connected with Ryder, I could see the mockery in his eyes. I clenched my jaw and turned back to Shadow. "I lost the weight because I was attacked one night and couldn't..." I said. "I've taught you how to defend yourself." Shadow growled, cutting me off. I nodded nervously. "Yes you did but I was slightly drunk and still high off what happened a little earlier that night." I mumbled quietly as my eyes went towards someone else. "High?" A deep growl filled my ears. My eyes widened and they flashed to my father.

I shook my head no "No father! Not like that! An emotional high not a drug induced one." I said as my nerves were slowly killing themselves. I tapped my chest as I tried to slow my rapid heart. Shadow and my father both looked at me like I was an idiot. I sighed in defeat. "So basically I was attacked and had to spend some time in the hospital. Once I got out, I started training again hence the weight loss." I said with an emotionless voice. "You were attacked so badly that you had to spend time in the hospital?" My father asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm fine." I said. My father and Shadow said nothing.

"Give me those guns you're carrying." My father said. I reached behind me and pulled out my guns without any hesitation. I heard a few shocked gasps behind me but didn't bother to turn and look. My father was always able to tell when I was carrying a gun. I don't know how but he was never wrong. Even though no one else ever noticed, he always knew. I used to always think he had X-ray vision because he was always able to see the things I was hiding.

My father moved and sat the brief case he was holding on the table. I don't know how I never noticed it before. I looked down to see a few folders and papers in it. I didn't really get a chance to see anything else before the brief case was closed with my guns inside it. "You're not going to introduce us?" My father asked. I blinked and jumped in surprise. "Oh right. Father, this is Mel and Tiny, Ryder's parents and this is Hoani, Manaaki and Ryder. Guys, this is my father Erik Wilson and his friend Shadow." I introduced everyone to each other. My father gave a slight nod. "Why is that one looking at you like a kicked puppy?" Shadow asked with a nod towards Hoani. My eyes turned towards Hoani who did indeed look like a kicked puppy. I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry about it. Anyway, can we go now please?" I asked nervously.

"Let's go." My father finally said after a few minutes of silence. I grabbed the lion Aria had given my off the table and gave a small nod to everyone around the table before following my father. "Are we going home now?" I asked as I followed him. "You are coming to America with me." My father said. I froze. "Father, I can't go to America with you. I only have 3 months till I graduate. Can't I stay?" I asked softly. My fathers sharp eyes turned to me. "Get in the car, Veronica. We will discuss this later." My father said. I nodded and looked towards Manaaki. He gave me a nod and I smiled softly at him before getting in the seat behind my father. Shadow got in the front passenger seat and we were soon on our way home.

***

I gave my father directions to my car once we reached town since I didn't want to leave it at Ryder's house. I quickly took off towards my house while my father and Shadow followed me. "Come to my office in 5 minutes." My father said as we walked into the house. I swallowed nervously and nodded my head. I walked into the kitchen to get a drink while Shadow and my father talked in his office. 5 minutes later I was standing outside my fathers office about to knock but before I could, Shadow walked out. I moved out of the way for him and he made a gesture for me to go inside. I walked into my fathers office and closed the door behind me before taking a seat across from him.

My fathers office very masculine. He had a huge dark brown wooden desk, the walls were dark grey and the floors were a grey that was a few shades lighter than the walls. As you walk in the wall to the left was covered floor to ceiling with bookshelves and stacked full of books, the wall to the right was a floor to ceiling glass panel and looked awesome. You had an amazing view of the forest behind the house. My fathers office was clean, dark and not welcoming at all. My father sat in a black leather chair facing the door. I sat down on a similar black leather chair facing him.

"What has happened while I've been gone?" My father asked once I sat down. My fathers sharp eyes looked at me and I knew I had no choice. I looked my father in the eyes and told him every single thing that has  happened to me this past year. I included all the bullying, the bet with Lucas and the all the confusing events of this year. I told him everything in full detail. Well except all those private events with Hoani, Ryder and Lucas of course. I did let him know that we had kissed but that's it. I had to show him the picture of me and Manaaki when I told him about that dare. I also gave him the full details regarding my attack. He stayed silent and cold throughout the whole thing. Once I was finished I kept silent and waited for my fathers reaction.

"I have been gone for all of 11 months and you've managed to get yourself in to so much trouble." My father said in a cold voice. I looked down to my legs and started to fidget with my fingers on my lap. I heard some rustling in front of me but didn't look up. "Draw your attacker." My father finally said. I looked at him confused but he nodded towards the paper in front of me. My father handed my a pencil and sat an eraser down next to the paper as I moved closer to his desk. "Father, I don't think I can." I said quietly. "I don't want to hear excuses, Veronica. Draw him." My father said. "Yes, Father." I said before looking at the paper. My hand shook as I moved towards the paper. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I allowed the memories of that night to fill my head. A sharp pain hit my chest but I pushed it down. Ignore the pain it brings, just focus on the facts. Once I had a clear image of his face I began to draw.

10 minutes later I had a rough sketch of my attacker. I handed it to my father while shivers went down my spine. - He can't hurt you anymore. It's ok. Calm down. - That voice in my head said gently. I heard a phone click and turned to look at my father. "I just sent you a picture of someone I want found. You have two days." My father said before hanging up the phone. I looked at him nervously. "We will find your attacker within two days. Do you want to be there when we do?" My father asked. I shook my head no.

"No father, I trust you to deal with it." I answered honestly. I did want to hurt the man that hurt me but I knew my father would do more damage then I ever could. I wasn't sure how I knew that but I knew it was true. "Why didn't the hospital call me or your mother? You were underage and had no supervisor there." My father asked. "I... uh... had to pay a few people to not call you. Anything that needed parental consent I signed in your place." I said quietly. My father gave me a disapproving look but said nothing further about it.

"Now about these boys you seem to be in love with, which one draws to you the most?" My father asked. I swallowed. Do I want to talk with my father about boys? His eyes told me I had no choice. I sighed quietly. "Ryder." I answered. My father raised an eyebrow but that was his only reaction. "Not Lucas?" My father asked. I felt my face get hot. "You knew?" I asked. "It was pretty obvious. Though I could have done without his nightly visits to your sister." My father said with a frown. I felt my face get even hotter and looked away. I decided to just keep quiet, that topic was just too awkward.

I could still feel my fathers eyes on me. "I will be staying here until you graduate. Once you have graduated we will both be leaving for America." My father finally stated. I looked up at my father surprised. He was staying? "You still want me to go with you?" I asked confused. My father nodded. "Yes. You need to get away from this town and having you in America where I can keep an eye on you, will make my life a million times easier." father said coldly. I looked down as hurt flashed through my chest. I blinked and the pain disappeared. Not worth it. "As you wish Father." I said before standing and walking out of his office. I made my way to my bedroom and sat down on my bed thinking. What is going on? These past few months have been so weird.

***

I woke up the next day and just looked at my ceiling to make sure everything that happened yesterday was actually real. Such a crazy day. A few minutes later my alarm went off again and I got up to get ready for school. I went downstairs and jumped in surprise when I saw Lucas sitting there, talking to my father and judging by Lucas' face, it wasn't a good conversation. "What's going on?" I asked nervously. They both turned to look at me and it was then I noticed Sophia sitting next to Lucas. I walked into the room confused. "Hey V! Why didn't you tell me your father was in town?" Lucas asked with wide nervous eyes. "Hey Lucas, why didn't you tell me you were coming over this morning!" I asked while rolling my eyes. I walked towards the fridge and grabbed a banana. I looked around the room nervously. "Am I catching a ride with you?" I asked Lucas confused. "No, you're taking your own car. I don't need you stranded if you manage to piss off another one of your "friends"" My father said with a sharp tone. I flinched but nodded my head. "Ok cool. Come on guys, let go." I said while I gestured for Lucas and Sophia to leave.

I soon arrived to school and parked my car in my usual car park. Lucas was already standing there with Sophia. I got out and walked towards them. Lucas grabbed my wrist and dragged me off towards the field with Sophia following behind us. I waved at Katie who had just arrived at school, to follow us. Jack saw Katie following us and followed as well. Soon we all made our way to that ditch in the field. We all sat down to hide away from view and I looked at my friends. "Where have you been for the past couple days!" Lucas growled. "With Ryder." I answered honestly. I couldn't tell them what I had been doing for the past few days. For obvious reasons of course.

"That's it? That's all you're going to tell us?!" Lucas growled in annoyance. "Look, nothing really happened. I went to Ryder's house and his father was there. A few things happened and we ended up in Rotorua. I spent the night but me and Ryder got into a fight the next morning. I didn't want him to take me back home, that's why I called you. Turns out Manaaki was in town but his brother was with him, so obviously that ride was out. Then I got a call from my father saying he was coming home and that he would come pick me up. Honestly I'm as confused as you, as to what the hell is going on right now." I said with a confused frown.

"Eh? You spent the night with Ryder?" Katie asked shocked. I shrugged my shoulders. "It's not like it was the first time it's happened." I said blankly. "What did you fight about?" Sophia asked. "His ex." I said with a frown. "What about his ex?" Katie asked. "I'll tell you guys later. When it's just us girls. Anyway, is there anything else you want to know?" I asked quietly. "How long is your father in town for?" Lucas asked nervously. "Till I graduate. Then I'm apparently moving to America." I said with a shrug.

"WHAT?!" Lucas and Katie shouted in shock. "Yeah, my father isn't to happy with how I've been acting the past year, so he's shipping me off to America where he can keep a closer eye on me. He wanted me to go now but I managed to get him to wait until after I graduate." I explained, while looking at my friends reactions. Lucas looked confused and sad, Katie looked sad, Jack looked like he honestly didn't care which I wasn't surprised about and Sophia looked confused but I could easily see the happiness she was trying to hide. Sigh. She really isn't going to get over it, is she?

Wait... aren't I doing the same thing with Ryder? Being jealous and annoying because he's still in love with his ex? Well shit! That's a thought for another day. Let's get back to what's important. Trying to convince my friends nothing happened when I went away with Ryder. "You're going with him?" Lucas asked. "He's my father and he's also the person who provides the money I need to live my life the way I want. I can't exactly say no to him. At least not until I get my inheritance anyway." I said with a shrug. "If it's about money, I'm sure we can sort something else out so you don't have to go." Katie said. I shook my head no. "I kind of want to go with him. I need to get out of here for a little while and see what the world can do for me." I said quietly. My friends stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. "Look, we have a few months till I have to leave, so let's worry about it later. For now, we should get to class." I said while standing up. My friends slowly stood up with me and we made our way to 1st period. We had all missed our form class.

***

I had spent the rest of the day trying to avoid the topic of me leaving but my friends just kept bringing it up. Well I can't really say all my friends. It was mainly just Lucas and Katie. They didn't want me to leave and they kept bringing it up, no matter how much I tried to change the subject. It was now the end of the day and we were sitting at a local cafe, talking. "Guys, we can't all stay in this town forever. Don't you guys ever want to go travelling? You also need to think about university. Where is every going to study?" I asked with slight annoyance to my tone. I wish they would just drop it already. Lucas and Katie looked at each other before Lucas looked at Sophia and Katie to Jack. That's right. We will have to separate eventually. I'm just doing it earlier than they expected.

"I want to go to an art school but I just now realised we don't have any in this town which means moving away." Katie said finally. "I wasn't too sure if I was going to keep studying. I may just find a job as soon as possible to help my mum." Lucas said. "I want to be a lawyer. That means I need to get into a good school." Sophia said. "I've never thought about it. I'll most likely do something with sports or exercise. But that can be taught anywhere." Jack said. "I want to be a graphic designer. I've heard one of the best schools is in London." I said quietly. "So without even realising it, we are all going our separate after graduation anyway?" Sophia said. We all remained quiet, not knowing what to say.

"Oh! I know! How about next year we all go travelling together. We can have a gap year before we all get serious about studying or whatever the hell else we want to do! That way we all get to spend one more year together before we have to go our own way." Katie suggested. That doesn't sound too bad. "That's actually a good idea but I don't think I can leave my mother for that long. She needs my help." Lucas said quietly. I frowned at him. "If I can convince my father to let me have a gap year, then we can sort something for your mother. For now, we need to organise where we would want to go." I said with a smile.

Sophia grinned and pulled out a random book and pen. We soon had ideas coming from left right and centre. I was happy as long as we went to Japan and South Korea. I didn't care where else we went. "So far, the places we want to go are, Japan, South Korea, France, Greece, USA, Bora Bora and Dubai. Is there anywhere else?" Sophia asked. Everyone shook their head no. "This is going to be an expensive trip, if these are the places we want to go." Katie said quietly. "Since there are only 8 places we want to go, we can spend about a month in each country travelling around." I said. A slow grin soon spread across my face with the thought of being able to travel around the world.

"That's an awesome idea! Ok! How about we all go to mine and we can plan this out. We can choose places and things we want to see in each country. That way we can figure out where we want to start and how we're going to get around." Katie said with a smile. We all nodded in agreement. "Sounds good to me. Once we have it all planned out, we can then ask our parents about taking a gap year." I said with a smile. Soon we all packed up and took off towards Katie's house. It wasn't until we pulled into the driveway that I realised it wasn't a good idea to be at this house again. Ugh! Oh well. Too late now.

"Mum! Where are you?" Katie yelled as we walked in. "Back here! In the kitchen!" Came the response. Soon we were all walking into the kitchen and my nerves were killing me. Please don't be home. Please don't be home. Please don't be home. Please don't be ho... "V?" "Little gamer?" Two voices said at the same time. I looked up at the roof with a "seriously" face. Thanks G, you're a real life saver... not. I turned towards Hoani and Manaaki. I smiled softly and said a quiet hello before turning to Katie. "Mum we're just going up to my room ok? We have a group project that we're all working on together." Katie said after a few quiet minutes of her staring at me. I ignored the awkwardness in the room and just followed Katie up to her room.

"Well that was awkward." Sophia said as we walked up the stairs. "My bad." I mumbled as we walked into Katie's room. "Sorry, I didn't think of that." Katie whispered as she open her room door. "It's cool. Not your fault." I said as I walked past her. Over the next 3 - 4 hours we all spent time searching on our phones or laptops for things we wanted to do or places we wanted to go while on our travel. We had a lot of options but it'll still take awhile to get this trip planned out fully. "This is going to be so much fun. I'll print off everything we have come up with when I get home, so send me what you have and we can talk more about it tomorrow." I said with a smile on my face as I grabbed my bag off the floor. Everyone smiled at me and I said a quick goodbye as I made my way downstairs. I waved to Mrs Kathy and Mr Anderson as I walked past the kitchen and out the door to my car.

Hoani's truck was already gone thankfully. I got in my car and quickly drove home. It was a shock to see the lights on when I arrived home. I was so used to arriving home to a dark and cold house that it was a shock to see lights on when I arrived home so late. I quickly parked the car and walked in to a delicious smell coming from the kitchen area. Curious I followed the smell and saw Shadow standing in the kitchen cooking. WTF? He can cook? Shadows sharp eyes turned towards me. "Your father is waiting for you in his office." Shadow said before turning back to cook. "Um, ok. Thanks." I said quickly before heading upstairs to my fathers office. I knocked on the door and heard a faint "Come in" before I opened the door and walked in.

My father was sitting there tapping away on his computer. "Veronica, sit down. We need to talk." My father said without turning to look at me. I quietly sat down across from him. "What do you want to talk about Father?" I asked. My father tapped a few more times on his keyboard before turning to look at me. "We found him. This is your last chance, do you want to meet him?" My father asked after a few minutes of him staring at me. I tensed up immediately. Nerves ran through my body and I wanted nothing more than to get back at the man who ruined me but at the same time a huge amount of fear ran through my body. It locked up my body and I felt a cold chill run down my spine. "I want to father but I'm scared. I know he can't hurt me anymore but I'm scared if he sees me, I'll be attacked again." I said as I clutched my arms, trying in vain to hold myself together.

I had tried everything to push the feelings back but it just wouldn't work. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, I pictured my meadow with it's clear lake and allowed my mind to drift away. A few minutes later I was back and looking at my father. He had the same cold expression on his face and a sharp pain hit my chest. It's not even worth it. "I'll be there. Just let me know when and where."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 149 75
This is your typical girl meets boy story, that's not too typical. Isabelle Wilson moves to a completely new town that she has no interest in moving...
1.4M 43.7K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
6.6K 93 73
When Jasmine Anderson crosses paths with Kaden James, a seemingly mysterious man, she feels as if a weight has finally been lifted from her hard life...
2.4M 81.5K 53
(Complete) After a terrible encounter at a party, one year later, Hailey Fonte is ready to return to her hometown. With everyone against her because...