To Be An Exorcist (Kanda Fanf...

By LiveForNowAndForever

Naomi Kurosu. Cousin of Lenalee Lee and Komui Lee. Blind for twelve of seventeen years of life, until one day... More

1st Chapter- To See
2nd Chapter- The Black Order
3rd Chapter- First Mission
4th Chapter- The Akuma
5th Chapter- Joark
6th Chapter- Unwanted Reunion
7th Chapter- Bad Dreams & Memories
8th Chapter- Branded
9th Chapter- Forbidden Lotus
10th Chapter- Melodic Forest Pt. 1
11th Chapter- Melodic Forest Pt. 2
12th Chapter- Calm Before The Storm
13th Chapter- Let's Get Drunk
15th Chapter- Palmier
16th Chapter- Bad
17th Chapter- Cross
18th Chapter- Drowning Coffee
19th Chapter- Just A Scare?
20th Chapter- Prophecy
Special- A Horrible Drunk
21st Chapter- Taste of Past
22nd Chapter- Fallen
23rd Chapter- Liar
24th Chapter- All Naomi
25th Chapter- Uncovered
26th Chapter- The Fall
27th Chapter- Dead?
28th Chapter- "Goodnight" Kiss
Acknowledgements and Other Cool Stuff

14th Chapter- Operation Rescue

1.6K 63 61
By LiveForNowAndForever

-Third Person View-

"You stupid jerk! This is all your fault!" Lenalee backhanded Kanda with the force to turn his head to the side. He remained expressionless as she began to break down, crying. "My cousin could be dead because you're so...you!" Still, Kanda made no comment, and his facial expression didn't change, but it didn't stop the red mark from forming on his stinging cheek.

Allen walked in Naomi's abandoned room, crouching down on the floor. He picked up a black feather on the carpet, examining it. "Matthew Tate," he murmured.

A few hours had passed since her disappearance, Komui had chewed Kanda out, Allen had berated him, Lenalee slapped him for a second time when he made no comment, and Lavi only shook his head. Rumors spread across the Order about Kanda, some said he let her get taken right before his eyes, while others claimed he had directed Matthew exactly to where Naomi was. Kanda scowled. He was lying down on his bed in the darkness of his room, arms behind his head, his door shut and locked. He gazed at the ceiling.

"I suppose it's yours, and his, fate to die by the hand of a Noah."

Kanda shut his eyes tightly at the recalling of this memory before finally losing all of his composure. He arose from his bed, spewing words of anger and slamming his fists into the wall numerous times until he had heard the satisfying crack from a bone somewhere in his hand. He tore off the sheets of his bed, tossed the mattress across the room, blocking the entrance door and kicked open the door to his bathroom, knocking everything over by the sink, pulling out the shower curtains in anger. He took a few breaths. Kanda slid down the wall of his bathroom, landing on the cool tile. He put his head in his numb hands, and finally, the samurai silently let the tears escape his eyes, covering his face. No sobs were heard, nothing was heard as the fluid slid down his sullen face, his body shook a little as he cried, but still, he made sure he wasn't heard.

"I'm so sorry," he choked.

<~~~~>

"I am the Millennium Earl," the Earl grinned.

The Millennium Earl?!

Naomi tried to not act shocked.

"It surprises most people at first," a girl with spiky purple-blue hair shrugged.

An akuma waiter came by, putting a glass in front of both Matt and Naomi, scowling at Naomi. Matt noticed. "The hell are you looking it?!"

"N-nothing Master Noah sir," the akuma stuttered nervously.

"You look at her like that again and you won't exist anymore," Matt threatened, taking out a switchblade.

"Yes sir! My apologies sir!" the akuma sped off.

Matt relaxed, sighing. "Honestly.." He looked at Naomi who was still staring intently at the Earl of Millennium. Matt gave a reassuring smile. "Come on Naomi, let's have our drink. Doesn't your head hurt as well?"

Naomi's gaze broke as she looked back to the Noah of Deception. "Huh? Oh yeah." Naomi picked up the glass, raising it to her lips, and Matt followed suit.

"Well now that we're all here we can finally discuss the important things we came here for," the Earl rubbed his hands together excitedly. "Oh, but first! Everyone welcome Matthew's lover Naomi, and introduce yourselves."

The whole table turned to look at her. She gave a nervous wave.

A man around the same height as Tyki was the first to introduce himself. "Sheril Kamelot, Noah of Desire lovely lady," he gave a flirtatious smile.

"Hey! Stop being a womanizer!" Matt hollered.

Sheril smiled. "I'm only having a little fun. Calm down brother."

"I'm Road Kamelot, Noah of Dreams. Sheril's my father," the spiky haired girl from earlier greeted, she was straight across from Matt and Naomi, Sheril sat beside her along with another buff man who was eating candy.

He introduced himself. "Skinn Bolic. Noah of Wrath."

Next a man with snow white hair that reminded Naomi of Allen's hair and a scarf over his forehead greeted himself. "The name's Wisely, Noah of Wisdom, Sheril's also my father, adopted that is. Both myself and Road. You don't have to introduce yourself. I know everything about you. Your name is Naomi Kurosu, blood type O. Your last name should be Tomison but you knew Cross, or Kurosu Marian from a long time back when you were with Michael Tomison, considered him a father, and had your last name changed to Kurosu. Your adoptive father, Michael Tomison died at the hands of an akuma and you made a vow to avenge him. You were blind up until recently when a mysterious figure somehow restored your vision. A paper that can create it's own words fell from the sky for you and you cannot afford to lose it for if you do your vision will be perished. Finally, you have some suppressed feelings for a boy named Kanda Yu, he's an exorcist with a cold attitude, but surprisingly he's kissed you. Matthew Tate, the gentlemen you're with currently is helping you overcome your sadness when Yu and yourself had an argument, and the old feelings you've had for the Noah of Deception are starting to resurface, making this a sort of love triangle for you," Wisely recited quickly and with ease, smiling mischievously.

Naomi's eyes widened in surprise and embarrassment. "How did you..?"

"I can read minds." Wisely tapped his forehead with his index finger.

Matt scowled. "Can you stop doing that?!"

"Ahem, if you two would stop bickering then I could formally introduce myself," Tyki intervened. Both men silenced, glaring daggers at one another. Tyki sat on Matt's side, giving Naomi a grin Sheril described as 'sexy'. "I am Tyki Mikk, also known as the Noah of Pleasure. Of course you probably know this from..earlier, but I like to properly introduce myself."

The next to introduce theirselves were two people, one Naomi was sure was male, the other...she was unclear what gender it was. The one with blonde hair that resembled a rag doll due to his (or her?) stitches across the mouth and wide eyes pointed a golden pistol at her. "I am Jasdero hee!"

The other one, with dark hair and heavy makeup around his eyes introduced himself. "Devit."

"We are the Noah of Bonds! Jasdevi!" the two shouted proudly in unison.

"Put that damn gun down," Matt gritted.

Devit pointed another golden pistol at Jasdero's head. "Hey brother. Put it down, Matty-kun is getting mad."

Jasdero lowered his gun, seemingly becoming irritated. "Matt-san is never any fun. Only when he's the Noah of Deception hee! Noah, Noah Noah."

A girl with black hair tied back in a purple ribbon looked at Naomi. She sat to the left of the Earl, somewhat across from Naomi. "I am Lulu Bell. Noah of Lust." she stated tonelessly.

Finally, the last person to introduce sat straight across from Lulu Bell, giving a quiet wave to Naomi. His appearance was of a muscular male at medium height and dark, limp, messy hair, one framing clump on the left side of his face bound with two white bands.

"This here is Toraido. The Noah of Judge. He doesn't talk much as you can see," the Earl gestured to the man who had waved at Naomi. "Now that our introductions are through we can get onto the main reason we are here. However, Naomi is an exorcist so Matthew if you will.."

Matt gave a loud sigh, facepalming. "I suppose." He looked at Naomi with an apologetic smile before giving her a quick peck on the lips. She collapsed into his arms, in sleep. "She'll be out for a few hours."

"Good. That should be enough time for us to get relevant matters discussed," the Earl clapped.

<~~~~>

Allen slammed his palms onto the table, stirring Kanda from his dull look at his soba. "Hey! Ba-Kanda! How can you be so calm when Naomi is out there somewhere?! She's our friend, we have to do something!" Allen yelled. Kanda ignored him, twirling his noodles around absentmindedly. "Are you even listening?!" Allen twitched angrily.

Kanda closed his eyes in annoyance, getting up. His appetite had been undesired for days, ever since Naomi's kidnapping. "What is Naomi to you?" Kanda asked.

Allen was taken back by his sudden question. "Well she's my friend," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Friend?" Kanda raised a brow.

"No." Allen added as an afterthought. "She's like family. Sometimes she can be annoying, and sometimes amusing, but I love her." Allen considered the last thought before his cheeks turned a bright red. "I mean, not like that. Like love as a friend."

Kanda closed his eyes briefly, walking away. He began to walk away, probably to head to his room and sulk. "Kanda we have to find her. I know it bothers you too! You've never been so depressed."

Kanda turned around to look at Allen. He scowled. "As if. What matters is our duty as exorcists. Besides, there's nothing we can do to help her." Kanda turned around again, walking away.

"There is something we can do! We can demand that Komui give us an assignment to find Naomi!" Kanda stopped in his tracks abruptly. Allen smiled confidently. "Let's find her Kanda."

<~~~~>

"Che. This is stupid. We don't even know where the hell to start to look for her," Kanda growled.

"That's true. Still, I have a feeling we could find her. Take a look at this," Allen handed Kanda the black feather he had found a few days ago.

"How the hell is this supposed to help us?"

"I dunno, but I found it in Naomi's room," Allen shrugged. "I didn't know you were capable of caring about someone," Allen teased, changing the subject.

Kanda's cheeks went red. "I don't, but if her Innocence is the Heart then it's in our best interest that it's not destroyed." Kanda crossed his arms stubbornly.

"Suure," Allen hummed.

"Do you want to die Shortstack?!"

<~~~~>

Matthew played with Naomi's hair as she rested against his chest, her breathing even and calm.

All this lack of sleep has caused her to sleep so much.

They sat on the couch in the living room, silence in the air, the comfortable kind. Naomi awoke from Matt adjusting on the couch. "Hm?" she murmured, not moving from her position. He internally groaned.

Lord Millennium always gave him the difficult jobs.

"I understand you love her, but she's an exorcist. You're going to have to let her go. Kill her."

Now his switchblade, which always was hidden in his sleeve, was just above her head, not that she could see.

"You know I love you, don't you?" he whispered, turning away so she wouldn't see his watery eyes.

She looked at him curiously. "Of course I know that." She pulled his chin towards her, kissing his cheek. "Why are you acting so sad? You're never this way."

He gazed at his blade, gripping it tighter than necessary before completely releasing it, dropping it onto the carpeted floor. Naomi looked at the blade on the floor, widening her eyes in surprise.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this," he whispered to himself. "I have to let you go Naomi. The Lord Millennium wants you dead, and I don't. You have to leave."

"I'm not leaving you!"

"Yes. You are. GO!" Matt yelled, teleporting her at random, but far away from him. "It's for better," he convinced himself. "It's for better."

<~~~~>

Kanda and Allen were silently walking along a dirt path cutting through a small group of trees when they had heard the loud cracking. To their left a figure in a cloak of black fell through a large tree of about seven feet, hitting branches through their fall. They hit the ground with a sickening crack of a broken bone. Needless to say, Allen Walker was the one that had run over to the human, turning over the body to reveal a person so familiar he stumbled backwards in shock.

Kanda looked over at Allen questioningly before approaching the cloaked being himself, unsheathing Mugen cautiously. "What is it bean--" he stopped mid-sentence seeing her face. Closed eyes, slightly open mouth, a little bit of blood trailing down her forehead to her cheek. "Naomi," he breathed, dropping his sword and coming to her side, checking her pulse.

"We have to get her back to the Order quickly, she's paler than a ghost and obviously unconscious after falling seven feet," Allen informed, getting ready to lift her up.

Kanda stopped him with a gesture. "I'll get her." He sheathed Mugen before reaching over, picking up Naomi's limp body and cradling her in his arms. "Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 610 12
Gray Yeon was kidnapped. Nobody could find him; not his mother, not his friends, and not even the police. Months later, Donald Na stumbled upon an in...
44.2K 1.6K 29
I do not own D gray man of the characters Young Allen Walker was just told his body was a host for the enemy. The Earls beloved 14th. On top of that...
10.1K 536 20
Allen is an abused male who managed to escape his master. He is on his own and on the run. Due to his abuse he has some TBI (Tramatic brain injury) h...
26.2K 618 21
Saya Aiteru, a 16 years old girl, now became an exorcist. Once she became an exorcist, she met many good people and she met Kanda Yuu, her childhood...