Just Listen (One Direction)

By CharlieA

Harmony Brown is deaf. She wasn't always deaf, but four years ago she was overcame by an illness that took h... More

Just Listen (One Direction)
Just Listen ~ Chapter 1
Just Listen ~ Chapter 2
Just Listen ~ Chapter 3
Just Listen ~ Chapter 4
Just Listen ~ Chapter 5
Just Listen ~ Chapter 6
Just Listen ~ Chapter 7
Just Listen ~ Chapter 8
Just Listen ~ Chapter 9
Just Listen ~ Chapter 10
Just Listen ~ Chapter 11
Just Listen ~ Chapter 12
Just Listen ~ Chapter 14
Just Listen ~ Chapter 15
Just Listen ~ Chapter 16
Just Listen ~ Chapter 17
Just Listen ~ Chapter 18
Just Listen ~ Chapter 19
Just Listen ~ Epilogue

Just Listen ~ Chapter 13

15.2K 273 49
By CharlieA

A/N: So this is just a fun chapter I wanted to put up before the drama and it kind of gives you a bit of foreshadowing in the end :) Enjoy!

Chapter 13

I felt my eyes flutter open as I smiled at the back that was facing me, a jumble of curly hair on the top of the head as I grinned cheerily before stretching in the bed. I looked back over at the sleeping figure, making sure I had not disturbed the boy before sitting up on the bed holding the cover to my naked body as I felt my mouth open in the form of a yawn. I stood up from the bed, hoping I wasn't making too much noise that would wake Harry up. I looked back at the figure and in turned tripped on some sort of clothing on the floor as I fell to the ground--most likely causing some noise with my ungraceful fall. I cursed silently before looking back up at the bed, still asleep, and then started to crawl on the floor as I looked for some piece of garment that belonged to me.

I rummaged through the clothing on the floor and managed to find my pink panties and my coral dress, I huffed in annoyance as I looked at the large tear in the back where the zipper was. I glared in the direction of the sleeping curly haired boy, he had tore the zipper last night in an attempt to remove the dress. I rolled my eyes as I stood up from the floor looking at my pink panties in one hand and then spotted one of Harry's shirts on the floor. I shook my head wishing I could somehow find my missing bra--it was probably lost forever. I looked back over at Harry making sure he was still asleep as I let the cover slip off my naked body--shivering slightly at the cold air before slipping on my panties and one of Harry's striped sweaters that fell down to the middle of my thighs, the neck hole hanging over my shoulders. I shrugged, it'll have to do for now.

I quickly tiptoed out of the room as I made sure no one was outside the bedroom that was a part of a whole other room entirely. I double checked to make sure Louis was around, since he was sharing the hotel room as per usual with Harry. I scurried across the room towards the living area where the mini-fridge was, hoping Niall hadn't gotten to the leftover room service last night. I was currently staying with the boys and Olivia in Seattle for their concert. Our mothers, Olivia and mine, had actually let us tag along with the boys on their last few spots of their tour, since they would be going back to London soon. I had made my way to the fridge as I opened it to see the leftovers were still untouched, my grin wide on my face. I was so full last night from all the food at the concert that I could barely eat the room service the boy ordered last night and then well Harry had other plans.

I reached into the fridge just as I felt something or someone grab my waist and before I knew it I felt my throat vibrate--most likely from my attempt at a scream--and I was on the ground. I perched myself up from the ground getting ready to face my attack when I glared at the culprit. "Sorry Harmony--" I managed to catch part of Louis' words as he doubled over in his laughing fit. He was thoroughly enjoying himself as I sat on the ground, planning his death in my head. I felt movement on the floor and felt my shoulders sag as I noticed the two other familiar boys enter the room.

"Harmony!" Liam said suddenly as he noticed me--after he had spoke to Louis on, I assume, why he was laughing so much. Liam quickly adverted his eyes as he spotted me as he said something, but I couldn't read his lips since he was partially turned from me.

I quirked an eyebrow up as I looked over to see Niall smirking down at me, "Cute knickers." I knew enough british/irish slang to know that knickers meant underwear.

"Blimey, look at those, they are rather pink. Harry's favorite colors on girls, but I guess you already knew that babe." Louis said to me as he had finally recovered from his fit of laughter as he smirked at me. I immediately pulled down the shirt further down on me, trying to cover up my pink panties as Niall and Louis just laughed at my embarrassment and Liam just helped me up.

'Thank you Liam, you're the only gentlemen here.' I signed as Liam helped me up with a smile, while the other two placed their hands on their heart feigning hurt.

"I'm appalled you think that of us babe." Louis replied as Niall just looked at me with those big blue eyes.

"We were only admiring your knickers. It's not like we haven't seen you in less." Niall replied with a wink as I blushed slightly, feeling my shoulders sag, they were right. They had caught me a few days ago stark naked when I was walking out of the shower, Harry had failed to mention to me he had a key to my room and he brought all the boys along.

'Nonetheless, Liam is a true gentlemen, Danielle is truly lucky.' I replied as I walked back towards the fridge as I glared in the direction of Louis and Niall, 'Now can I get my food without fear of getting tackled?'

"Don't look at me, wait, food?" Niall asked with bright blue eyes as I blocked the fridge with my body.

'The food in here is mine.'

"But Harmony," Niall dragged out my name as he gave me his puppy dog face--not nearly as deadly as Liams', but can still wound the coldest of hearts. "I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and it's already brunch!"

'I'd hardly think that is my fault.' I signed back with a smile as the boys looked back in the direction of what I assume was a voice, Liam shook his head as I noticed who had entered the room, my cheeks inflamed.

"What's your fault?" Harry asked as he was still rubbing his eyes groggily, his hair more curlier than ever, but it was the fact he was stark naked in front of us. Sure I knew Harry had a tendency to just appear naked, I've witnessed it myself, but whenever it happened I felt oddly overwhelmed and embarrassed even when the boys found it like an everyday thing--which I'm sure it was.

'Harry! Cover up!' I signed quickly as I moved up eyes anywhere but down.

"Come now babe, it's not like you haven't seen anything before." I saw Louis' lips move with a smirk as Liam was talking to Harry about something which had caused him to smile as he stared at me.

"I'm guessing you slept well." Niall said as Harry grinned cheekily.

"The best."

"You need to share her, how about you have her Mondays; and I'll have her tonight since the rest of the mates have their ladies." I read Niall's lips as harry stretched, I tried my best to avoid staring at the way his muscles moved with his stretching.

"Sorry Nialler, Harmony's all mine." Harry said as he put an arm around Niall's shoulders as I rolled my eyes.

"She does have cute panties though." Niall replied with a frown as Harry grinned.

"Yes, I believe their pink right?"

"Yeah they are, are they cotton or satin?" Louis asked next to Harry as I felt my cheeks burn.

"Satin,"

"Ah the best." Louis replied as Liam nodded his head in agreement as I burned with embarrassment as the boys talked about my panties.

"Can we all stop talking about my panties?!" I felt my throat vibrate as the boys grinned.

"Can you blame us when you're dressed like that?" Louis asked with a nod of his head as I crossed my arms.

'It's not my fault he ruined my dress.' I replied as Harry smirked.

"The bloody zipper wouldn't work, so I made a zipper."

"Can I just eat?" I asked as I looked at the boys, I did not feel safe with them around.

"Actually," Liam started as he looked towards the others, signaling to me that something was up.

'What?'

"We were actually wondering if you wanted to go to a show in the park." Louis replied as I quirked an eyebrow.

'Sure, I didn't know you guys were doing park shows now?'

"Oh not ours," Niall started as I looked to Harry to see him finish with a smirk.

"Yours."

I smiled as I looked at the boys, expecting them to say something else but all they did was smile at me. 'What the hell are you guys talking about? I don't have a show in the park.'

"Oh yes you do." Louis replied as he appeared on my side, taking my right arm as Liam appeared on the other side.

"We've figured now is the time for you to play the violin in public."

'No! No! No!' I signed as I looked at the boys while Niall and Harry appeared in front of me, Harry had managed to put on some boxers.

"Come on Harmony, you've been playing every night since you've been with us." Niall replied as I glared at him.

'That doesn't mean I'm going to play in front of actual people!'

"You can, and you should. Especially since we've already planned it out." Harry replied with a smirk as I shook my head, "So let's just get you in the room so you can dress--"

I quickly managed to escape their grasps as I ran towards the living area as I glared at the boys, 'I am not playing in the park to strange people.'

"Now Harmony, don't make this difficult." Liam said as he started to advance towards me as Louis smiled.

"I say we just--" he cut off as he whispered something to the boys, cutting me off from reading their lips on what they were planning to do. They were using my deafness to their advantage.

'That's just cruel, using my disability for your advantage.' I signed with a smirk as I glared at the boys, trying to figure a way out of here. If I could just find Paul, he'd project me or even Olivia--but she was probably still with Zayn doing God knows what.

"You take what you get." Harry replied with a smirk.

"Are we going to do this the hard way or the easy way?" Liam asked as I glared at them before I noticed a lack of an Irish.

"Where's Niall?" I felt my throat vibrate before I felt something wrap around my waist and soon I was struggling with the blonde Irish on the ground, I felt movement on my side as I felt other hands grope my body as they attempted to pinned me. I struggled against their grasps as I kicked and bite, I smiled as I saw Louis scream at my bite mark on his arm before Harry jumped on top of me. I struggled under his weight as I tried to crawl my way out before I remembered, Harry Styles was ticklish. I took my chance and soon he was off of me, before I felt someone grab my legs.

"Now Harmony," Liam attempted to say before I attempted to kick him, but it was useless against his strength and soon enough I felt someone pin my right arm to the ground. I looked over to see Louis grinning at me, I tried to hit him with my left arm when I felt that one pinned as well. I looked over to see Niall smiling childishly at me and before I knew it Harry was above my head pinning my shoulders to the ground as I tried to heave my body up.

"It didn't have to be this way love." Harry said from above me as I felt my throat vibrate, "Did you just growl? It was cute."

I glared at those vibrant green eyes as I struggled against the four boys grasps, they were talking to each other and attempting to talk to me, but I was too busy trying to get out of the restraint. I stopped moving after a few minutes when I saw the boys turn to the direction of the door. I lifted up my head somewhat only to slam it back on the ground with most likely a groan escaping my lips. "Olivia, this... this is exactly what it looks like." I read Harry lips as he looked towards the girl and the boy that had just walked into the hotel room.

I lifted my head again to see Olivia with her arms crossed an a smirk playing on her face while Zayn lifted one of his dark eyebrows, "Looks to me that Harmony found out about the park?" I read Zayn's lips as Olivia just shook her head.

"You guys really need to plan how you tell her things better. Like waiting till we were at least in the car." Olivia replied as I sighed, I could expect no less from my "best friend". I attempted to flip the both of them off until I realized my arms were pinned by the Irish and Mr. Sassy Pants. I felt another added pressure on my waist, I looked up and just gave up my struggle for escape. Zayn had joined in and was holding my pulsing waist down. Olivia was now above my view of vision as she smiled down at me, "I guess I should ask why you all have my best friend pinned to the ground. Because soon I will have to actually hurt you guys if I don't find it a good reason."

I could only imagine what we all looked like. What with the boys pinning me to the ground, I'm only in a shirt that I could feel was up to my naval, while Harry was only in boxers. I attempted to fight against the now five pair of hands pinning me to the ground again as I noticed some of them speaking to Olivia, probably explaining why they had me pinned and I knew Olivia well enough to know she'd let them carry on. I thought through my scenarios, there really was no way out of this. I could just go to the park and say I'll play, but then when I get there I bolt. I smirked at my new found plan realizing it could actually work. I'd go to the park with them, violin in hand pretending I'll play and once their backs are turned I'll hitch a ride with a taxi. "I'll do it." I felt my throat vibrate as I probably interrupted whatever conversation they were having with each other as I looked up at all the boys and Olivia, she was the one with the highest eyebrows.

"You will?" Olivia asked as I nodded my head.

"You're not just saying this to get out are you?" Harry asked next as I smiled.

"No. Now let me go so I can go change." I replied as I felt everyone's grip start to slowly loosen. I sat up once I had movement of my body again before standing up, everyone watching me with hawk eyes. I walked to the bedroom as everyone seemed to follow me, they weren't completely convinced until I was changed and had my violin in my hand. Boy were they in a big surprise.

****

I stood in the middle of an unknown park in Seattle wearing dark shades and a cap. Apparently, we were all incognito, even Olivia and I since the fans would recognize us and would most likely recognize the five boys with us was none other than One Direction. I gripped my case that held my violin, my plan was no longer in action. The boys and Olivia surrounded me as if I was the celebrity here. 'You guys can really let me go. I need to set up and everything.' I signed to the lot of them as Olivia smiled.

"Trying to get out of this last minute are you?" Olivia asked as I frowned.

'I wouldn't do that.'

"Yeah right, that's why you lied back at the hotel." Harry replied as my eyes widened for a split second before I recovered.

'I don't know what you're talking about.'

"You, Harmony Brown lying to your best friends." Niall said with a shake of the head.

"Hurtful really," Louis continued as Liam nodded his head.

"Shameful."

"Cruel." Zayn finished as I glared at the lot of them.

'Wait, you all knew I was lying?'

"You're not the best liar love." Louis replied with a smirk as Niall nodded his head as he patted my shoulder.

"It's okay though, we still accept you as a person. Even if your lying is rubbish."

'Well then if you all know I'm lying, then you all know I'm not going through with this.' I replied as Olivia crossed her arms in front of me.

"Oh you're going through with this."

'No I'm not. You guys can't force me to play.'

"True," Harry replied with a smile, "but we can edge you on."

"Because we all know you're dying to play." Zayn replied as I stared at them, utterly flabbergasted. They had no plan on making me play and I had no plan of escaping, then again I always knew I had no plan of really escaping. I had to have known that I wouldn't get out of this. And true, a part of me wanted to go through with this, but another part was screaming at me to run.

'I can't do this,' I signed as I looked around the park at the mass of people here for a Monday. 'There are so many people.' I felt an arm appear on my shoulders as I finished my statement.

"That's why you have us." Liam replied with a warm smile as I looked at the boys who were grinning cheekily at me while Olivia was glaring at me with her hands on her hips.

"If you don't play, then what was even the point of picking up the violin in the first place?" Olivia asked as I felt my shoulders sag as I felt someone intertwine their hand with mine, I knew the feel of the hand to immediately know it was Harry's. I looked up to meet his vibrant green eyes.

"Just pretend it's you and me in your room. Just like our first date." Harry said, by the closeness of his face I could tell he was whispering it to me, but he made his lip movements clear so that I could understand him. I placed a swift kiss on Harry's lips before moving to the middle of the park, some of the people staring in my direction as I took out my violin from the case and took out the sheet music I had been working on lately, the one I've been practicing in front of the boys and Olivia.

The piece was a cover of a song called "Stereo Hearts" by a band named Gym Class Heroes. I had gotten the idea from Olivia since she was the one that was telling me she thought it was really addicting to listen to, and when I read the music and listened to the vibrations the music made. I could tell it would be a catchy song, as well as an easy song to turn into a violin piece. I placed my violin against my chin as I remembered the notes that I had practiced over and over again hoping I could perfect this piece. It would be easier if I could actually hear, but easy doesn't come to me anymore. I took in a breath before placing my bow on the strings and soon I just let my music take me away. Even though I couldn't hear, I could imagine exactly what it sounded like with the vibrations the violin made. I opened my eyes briefly to see a crowd of people gathering around me, some of them dancing along to the familiar music as I looked towards the boys who only grinned before Harry stepped in and opened his mouth, the rest of them followed as I recognized them singing along to the piece.

I smiled as I rocked along the movement of my playing as the boys surrounded me, opening and closing their mouths showing me that they were singing along to my music. For some reason it made my heart skip a beat realizing I was playing alongside a group of famous singers with ease. I felt the bow move as I played the last notes, I looked up to see people clapping. I smiled widely, if I could hear the sound, it would probably be that much more gratifying. I looked towards Harry who grinned before his eyes widened, "Time to go." He said down towards me as I felt him grab my hand with my bow as I looked at him curiously, I looked back to see a group of girls running towards us.

How in the hell did they find out? I looked towards the rest of the boys to see they still had their disguises on, but then I saw Olivia without her disguise, she smiled at me sheepishly before giving me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes, she's never been one for hats. I looked back to see the group gaining on us as I looked ahead to see Josh, the boys drummer and friend, open the side of the van we had come in with. "Come on!" Josh ushered us as he ran to the drivers seat, I felt my throat vibrate with laughter. It was as if we had just robbed a bank and here was Josh to bail us out.

Once we were all toppled inside the van with Josh driving away like a maniac--Paul would not be happy to hear this. I jumped on everyone, attempting to hug six people at once. I pulled away as all of them were talking to me at once, probably congratulating me and what not, but I honestly couldn't read all their lips in time. It didn't matter I was happy, 'Thank you all for making me do that.' I signed with a large smile, 'However, if you all ever make me do that again. I'll make sure Josh, Dan and Sandy are the only members of One Direction. And Olivia? I'll make sure Abby is the only child.' I finished signing with a sickly sweet smile as everyone just stared at me.

It was fun and I enjoyed every minute of it, but don't think that'll happen again. At least not now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 82.9K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
63.3K 1.6K 49
Hollister Miller was just an eighteen year old girl with alcoholic parents who are addicted to drugs. Not only that, but they abuse her for no reason...
3.1K 61 41
Meet Avril. Two years after her parents' death and she's still struggling with her emotions towards them. When Dallas shows up at her school, Avril...
9.8K 79 59
Naomi is a girl who lives with her best firend and has her boyfriend living right across the street and she's a really smart and liked student at her...