UnOrdinary: The Beginning

By Awhaffle

A prequel of my fan fiction "UnOrdinary", this story is about how everything got started in Kami's life. Her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

56 4 0
By Awhaffle

"Oh, hey Kami." Claire glared at me.

What's she planning?

Damnit, I can't plan anything while she's here, I need to either get her out or bring Sara with me.

Hah, knew something was going on, but no one knows the full extent of my ability except me. So she would never be aware of my mind reading.

"I'm gonna head out. Sara, wanna get some boba with me?"

"She can't, I have to talk to her about something," I said to get Sara from going with Claire.

"Oh, ok." Damnit. "See you guys later." She smiled and left.

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, our school now has a King and Queen."

"Oo, like the other middle schools and high schools?"

I nodded. "And I'm Queen."

"Whose King?"

"Evan."

"Huh? I thought his level was low."

"It is, but he is still a high tier."

"What about Ace and Jack?"

"Headmaster told us to assign people for that."

"Oh."

"And I want you was Jack."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"Yay!" She jumped.

I walked over and sat on the couch, sighing.

"You ready for the next year of middle school?" she cheerfully questioned.

"Nope." I muttered.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not, okay?"

"Well you have to have some sort of reason."

"Nope." I shook my head.

She sighed.

As I laid there on the couch, I felt off. I closed my eyes and focused on what it could be.

"Hey Evan."

"Yeah?"

"Kami's been a real ass lately, let's get her back."

"But I don't even know her well."

"Do you want to take down the most powerful student here?"

Evan shrugged. "But she may not seem that bad."

"You made me Ace, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Let me take her down, and then I can take her place!"

"But you don't necessarily have an ability to do so."

"Doesn't mean I don't know what won't happen."

"So why are you talking to me about this if you already know?"

"Because it's a benefactor into helping it happen."

Evan rolled his eyes.

I opened my eyes. I've never really attempted doing that, but it worked, plus now I know exactly what Claire is planning.

"Kami?"

"Yeah Sara?"

"You going to go to bed? We have school tomorrow."

I sighed, and got up and went to lay in bed.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I awoke to Sara shaking me.

"What!"

"Morning!" She smiled at me.

"Really?"

"What?"

"I could have slept in for a few more minutes."

"Nah~" she walked into the bathroom.

I got up and got dressed and sat in bed.

The memory of seeing what Claire saw was burnt into my mind, it was all I could think of now, but why?

Sara headed out before me.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out.

Next year better be better.

Seventh grade came and went fairly quickly.

Eighth grade starts today, and I got dorm all to myself this year.

Claire left for whatever reason, and Evan seems to be even worse than normal.

I'm still the top of my class, and Queen, even though my ability level hasn't gone up in like forever. Oh, and my grades are still as perfect as ever.

I walked into school and it was silent.

Don't tell me everything will be starting out horribly.

I walked down the halls and seen some glares from people, and it didn't faze me, except I was confused.

"Look at this brat, waltzing around like she owns the place."

"Excuse me~" I spat. I rolled my eyes. They're no match for me anyway.

I walked to my new locker and felt the sense that I'm being watched.

I closed my eyes and focused on that energy. I couldn't tell who was watching, but I knew where they were at.

I reopened my eyes and acted like nothing happened and started putting stuff inside my locker.

I shut my locker and headed to my first class and say in my usual area, in the back away from everyone.

The bell rings and the teacher walks in late.

"Good morning class."

I sighed. I knew we were going to go through the first day of school ritual, which eventually became tiring.

"I will be your homeroom teacher. I would like all of you to find a partner and get to know each other, then present what you know. You don't need to know much, as this is just a simple ice breaker."

Everyone got up and started shuffling around, looking for a partner. I stayed in my seat and just watched everyone.

Everyone seemed happy and excited to make new friends, but no one even glances at me for a second.

I sighed and stared out the window.

"E- excuse me?" I heard a nervous voice.

I turned my head to see a guy with silver hair and grey eyes.

"Yes?" I sighed.

"Will you be my partner."

I sighed to myself. They guy looks so pitiful, does he even know who I am?

"I guess."

"Thank you!" He then jumped on me and hugged me.

"Uh- Umm.."

"Sorry." He got up. "I'm very shy and when someone is nice to me I get overexcited."

"Just don't do it again."

"O- okay."

I sighed.

The guy sat in the desk in front of me and looked at me with interest.

"What do you want to know first?" I asked him.

"What's your ability?"

I stared at him. No one has ever asked me that, and to be truthful, I had no answer. I don't even know if there's a word to describe it.

"Um.."

"You do have an ability, right?"

"Yeah, I'm Queen."

"Wow, so you must be powerful!"

I nodded, hoping I could avoid his first question.

"So what's your ability?" I asked him.

"Arachnid."

"Level?"

"4.3"

"Name?"

"Shon."

"Okay."

"What's your name?"

"Kami!" I heard my name called in the distance, and it sounded like it was in the hall.

"What?" I yelled back.

Silence filled the air, and everyone stared at me.

What the hell is going on?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My King By Møth

Fanfiction

111K 2.5K 33
It's been almost a year and a half since John's old friend Ash had moved to america for her fathers job, she left at the wrong time as a week latter...
407 18 10
Story about a girl named Tadano Hitomi on her first year of highschool.It was going to be like always,until she met someone important in her life tha...
27.4K 933 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
423 15 12
You're a girl who was adopted by your foster parents, who soon die. You were sent to live with your best friend and go to a school for magic. What my...