Let me go, Alpha

By CompassedShip

When your mate is in love with someone else. You should let him go. But what about those newfound feelings o... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20

Chapter - 12

11.4K 398 784
By CompassedShip

Notes:

I did not get the time to edit this part. I will do it very soon. So ignore the mistakes if there is any. Thank you.

====

They could not find Niall.

When the sun was up and the morning was almost rolling towards noon Louis had ordered for them to go back to their pack. Liam had not objected, he had not said a word.

He had not said a word when Louis had informed the whole pack about Niall's departure. He had not reacted when Mr Horan, Niall's father, had slapped him and shouted at him, blaming him for his son's misery. He had just stood there, looking at nothing in particular.

Zayn was there to pull Mr Horan away, stopping the one-sided fight.

"Sophia," Louis called over everyone's whispers. Every member of the pack stopped their gossips to look at their leader.

"Where is Sophia?" Louis had sounded angry, frustrated.

Harry had watched Sophia stepping forward, her eyes apprehensive as she stood in front of Louis with her eyes zeroed on the ground in fear.

Louis had stared at her for a long time and then he had sighed, "You are pregnant."

Gasps and more hushed voices were heard among the members. Harry glanced around to see that everyone's eyes were set on their leader and Sophia.

Louis had said it like a statement, not a question. Sophia nodded nonetheless.

"Who is the father?"

Everyone stopped to stare at the omega. Harry did too. Except for Liam. He was simply standing there, looking at somewhere over the horizon. His gaze was void of any emotion.

Sophia gulped, blinking at Louis unsurely, "I am not sure how that... why does it bother you..." she fumbled with the words.

Louis' blue eyes flashed under the sunlight, forcing a shiver through Harry's body. He could feel anger rolling off the alpha in waves.

"Who is the father, Sophia Smith?" Louis asked again, sounding steely, "I can surely force you to spit the truth but you are pregnant and I am not really fond of violence. But..." those blue eyes turned periwinkle blue, hard on the omega, "I will do it if you don't open your mouth right now."

Sophia looked visibly shaken, her hands flying up to cover her nonexistent stomach. She paled, eyes going wide. There were no words though. She stared at the ground, looking hesitant.

"I am the father."

Harry and everyone around him turned to see that a beta, Jamie, was walking forward to stand beside Sophia. His eyes determined as he looked at Louis but at the same time, fearful.

Harry looked at Liam to see that the alpha was looking at the interaction but his face was void of any emotion. Liam literally looked zoned out. He was not showing any kind of emotions.

Louis watched the beta for a second and then looked back at Liam.

When he turned back to face Sophia, he looked irritated and confused.

"If he is the father then why did you message Liam?"

Sophia's eyes watered, "because it was an accident!"

Everyone stilled in the room and Louis just arched his brows. Harry wanted to scoff but he settled for rolling his eyes.

"We both were drunk and I don't remember how it happened. I actually forgot about it as time went on but then I found out I am pregnant that morning and I panicked. Whom was I supposed to call or tell? Liam is the only one who matters to me."

Zayn let out a laugh, "yeah. He matters to you so much that you cheated on him. Sure."

"What a cliché excuse though," Harry muttered, earning a mirthful smirk from Zayn.

Louis was quiet. He looked at Jamie and then back at Sophia.

"So you two are going to keep the baby?"

They both nodded. Sophia looked at Liam, hesitating before she reached out to take the alpha's hand in his.

Liam let her, his eyes unfocused as he looked down at her.

"I am sorry," she whimpered, "Please, forgive me?"

Liam looked at her for a moment and then blinked back at Louis, completely ignoring Sophia, "can I go now?"

Louis looked at him questioningly, "where?"

Liam shrugged, "I want to take some rest."

"Are you serious?" Mr Horan screamed from the crowd, "you will fucking rest? What about my son? You all are just going to ask this whore about her baby and not search my son? I see, for the leader, his right-hand man matters more than anyone else. So what if my son is missing, Liam needs to be taken care of!"

Everyone jumped when Louis let out a growl. Harry shivered beside him, clamping down on his lips to suppress his whine.

"Shut your mouth," Louis gritted out, "we are searching for Niall. We searched for him the whole night and as we are talking, some of the pack members are searching for him. I am going to join them after the meeting and I have called every other pack to inform them about the mishap. They are searching too. Your son will be here soon. Don't you dare question me!"

Harry could not help himself, the way Louis' low timbre rumbled through his body was causing dizziness in him. He was weak from the transformation and Louis' every word affected him to his core. Even when the anger was not channelled at him, Harry felt scared. Louis had not talked to him when they were back in the campervan. Hell, he did not even look at Harry since the transformation. He had simply offered a blanket as after the transformation an omega felt cold, freezing even. Harry had taken it with a simple thanks and Louis had not even acknowledged it.

Harry stepped closer to the alpha, trying to be subtle about it when his arm touched the alpha's elbow. Louis went stiff, his eyes sliding over to see where their bodies touched and Harry waited.

Louis stayed where he was, not moving away but not acknowledging Harry either. Harry stomped down on the disappointment in his chest.

"So," Louis said, "Sophia, you did not even say the whole thing. You just said that you are pregnant and that was all. Can you tell me why? Why did not you tell Liam everything? You are literally the reason for Niall's departure!"

Sophia gestured wildly with her hands, "Because I wanted to tell him in person. How can I explain everything over a bloody message?"

Louis glared at her, "you should have waited. Telling the half-truth was really not necessary," he looked at them both, Jamie and Sophia and waved his hand, "I am not done with you two but," he turned to look at Zayn, "we need to take care of the business. I will call a meeting when I see the necessity. You all can go but remember, everyone," Louis' voice rung in the air, "Niall is a part of this pack. He is an honourable omega and a very trustworthy friend of mine. I don't want any kind of gossip about him in the pack. If I hear something rude and snide about him, I will take action. Help us in his search but don't spread gossip. Don't try to pry too much and please understand that one of our very precious members is out there, alone. Maybe in trouble. Please, cooperate."

Every member of the pack voiced agreement and the meeting was over.

"Liam," Louis said, "You go with Zayn and search Niall's room. Try to see if you can find something. Anything. I am trying to trace his number with the help of Aiden. Go."

Liam and Zayn nodded and walked away.

Harry lingered, his eyes set on the alpha.

Louis looked forward, waiting until every member of the pack was out of the room. He exhaled then, his shoulders slumping.

"You are staring," he said, finally turning to meet Harry's eyes.

Harry knew he was pouting when he blinked at the alpha, "you are avoiding me."

Louis shook his head, "no. Why would I?"

Harry stepped forward, noticing how the alpha went stiff again. The alpha looked isolated, his hands locked behind his back.

"Did I do something?"

Louis looked past Harry's face and shook his head. When he smiled at Harry, Harry knew that it was fake. The lines around Louis' eyes were not visible and those muscles of his cheeks looked tight.

Harry tried not to twist his fingers together; a tensed habit, but he could not help it.

"I will just..." Louis gestured towards the door, "I should just go and see what Zayn and Liam found out. I will see you soon."

The alpha did not wait for an answer as he almost ran away from Harry.

===

Nausea.

That was what Liam was feeling.

Zayn had sent him back to his own house when Liam had tripped over his own feet for the fourth time. The beta had assured him that he would take care of the search and Liam should actually take some rest.

However, Liam could not rest. How could he rest when his own room reminded him of the omega?

He looked around his room and all he could think about was Niall and his traces around the room.

There was a T-shirt hanging from Liam's bedpost, without even touching it Liam could say that it belonged to Niall. There were three packets of Kit-Kat on his bedside table. He hated Kit-Kat but he would buy them anyway.

Niall liked them. Loved them, actually.

Both of them knew that Liam would buy it as an apology after a heated fight between them. He would place it on the bedside table for Niall to accept and if Niall did not eat it, that meant he was still angry. Liam would bring home two or three more, placing them exactly over the last ones, maybe under Niall's pillows even, Niall would glare at him and with a sigh, rip open one and take a bite. He would try not to eat some more and then do it anyway, turning away from the alpha to hide how pleased he was.

Liam would pretend to not care, turning away from the omega with a grumble. A smile would grace his lips anyway the next morning when he would see the bedside table empty. All of those packets would be gone.

There was a bottle, a damn plastic bottle that Niall liked. He would fill that up and leave it on the fucking bed. Liam would be irritated by the way the bottle would end up at his side of the bed and literally leak all over the bed sheet. He would throw the damn thing away. The next day, it would still greet him on the bed. With water almost everywhere.

There was the clock, alarm clock that shouted some Chinese song and looked like a penguin! Liam hated how shrill it was but he kept it. Niall was a heavy sleeper, he would whine when he would not wake up on time and according to him, that was the only clock that could wake him up in the morning. Liam would like to argue but he did not. He was used to it by now. He would never accept that in front of Niall though.

There was a used towel, on Liam's ironed shirts! It would always end up there, damping his shirts and whenever Liam would shout at Niall for it, Niall would jut out his chin and say that he ironed Liam's shirts anyway, Liam did not need to bother. Liam would throw the towel on the omega's face and Niall would kick it back at him right then. It would be a back and forth thing until one of them stalked away, mostly Liam.

Everything was there. Just like they used to. The damn bottle was there, now empty but waiting for Niall to fill it up. The Kit-Kat packets were laying around the floor and the bedside table, waiting to be cleared out and that towel was not damp anymore but it was still on Liam's ironed shirt, where Niall had left it before the trip.

Everything was there, except the person who made them a noticeable problem for Liam. The person was gone and suddenly, none of those problems mattered. Liam did not even flinch as he sat down on the soaked bed sheet. He did not even bother as the wrappers of Kit-Kat touched his feet, making a crunching noise.

The damn curtains. Liam hated how colourful they were but Niall had selected them, grinning at Liam as the alpha had stared at him in disbelief.

"You need every colour in your life, Liam. Colours are important!"

Liam had just picked the omega up by his waist, helping him to put them on the window. Niall had grinned when he had put him down, looking so happy and vibrant. Liam had kissed him, right there.

Liam blinked at them, his eyes tracing the edges.

Niall had somehow decorated the whole room, planting his trace here and there and Liam had let him, silently watching the omega grow in his house. Niall had a say about everything Liam did, wore and even ate. Niall did not know that but Liam knew. He knew how much Niall controlled his life decisions without really meaning to and even after knowing it, Liam had not change it.

He had noticed when his meals started having more veggies. He had noticed the change in his protein shake. He had noticed Niall sneaking in some lunch in his bags whenever he would go out with his friends so that he would not have to eat something greasy. Liam had always eaten those packed meals, avoiding anything his friends offered. Niall did not say but Liam had noticed the small smile when he would give the empty box to the omega.

Niall would call this house Liam's and Liam would agree verbally but in his heart, he knew how much this house belonged to the omega. Niall did not notice the amount of time he spent here. Liam did not point that out, ever.

He wondered about the omega. Would he miss Liam? Would he feel what Liam was feeling?

Liam pushed the heavy feeling away from his chest, trying to be angry at the omega. He could not. All he felt was fear.

When they were searching in the jungle, all Liam could think about was how he would find the omega and drag him back home. He was thinking of ways to punish the omega for such a stunt but as time went on and the reality settled in, Liam found himself worried, tensed and sick.

Niall was an omega, out there in the jungle. Even if he was with someone... the thought sent a wrenching pain in Liam's guts, but even if he was with someone, was he fine?

Niall was smart, Liam knew that the omega could take care of him but the worry was eating Liam alive.

He sat down on the bed and pulled out his phone.

As he dialled Niall's number, his eyes closed. It went straight to the voicemail.

"I am sorry but if you want to tell me something important, please say it after the beep."

Maybe it was the exhaustion, maybe it was the worry or maybe it was the anger, maybe the heavy feeling in his chest or the fear that coursed through his body but Liam found himself crying. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he tried not to audibly break down.

"I am not sure where you are but I will find you, Niall," Liam said, biting down on his lips to hide the hiccups, "I will find you and you will regret your decision. I hope you know that I am not giving up on you. I will never give up on you."

He cut the call, throwing the phone behind him as the first loud sob broke through him. Liam hid his face in his hands, trying not to think about Niall's wellbeing.

===

"We can't track the number."

Liam, Zayn and Louis looked at Aiden. Aiden worked in the police force of the pack. He was the Chief Inspector of the Tomlinson pack. Plus, he had degrees in Software engineering. He was the most in-demand man in their neighbouring packs. Louis felt proud to have him in his pack.

"What do you mean by that?" Zayn asked, confused.

Aiden shook his head, "that means, either he has thrown away the SIM or he is using GPS jammer. I am not sure which one."

"He hadn't thrown away his phone."

Everyone turned to look at Liam. Liam was looking at the computer as he shrugged, "I called him and it went to voicemail."

Zayn looked at Aiden, "that means he is using GPS Jammers."

Louis shook his head, "so he is not alone in this."

Liam and Zayn looked at Louis in confusion while Aiden nodded in understanding.

"What?" Zayn asked.

"How do you know that?" Liam followed.

Louis gestured towards the blank computer screen, "can't you put two and two together? GPS jammer is illegal around any pack. You can't simply use it or find it in markets. Only the leader of a pack or someone really prestigious in a pack can get a hold of that thing. Niall is none of it. He did not even have money to influence someone. How did he get the jammer? Someone helped him with it. That means someone is helping him," Louis' brows furrowed.

Aiden nodded, agreeing with Louis, "and it proves another point too."

When the three of them looked at him, Aiden shrugged, "it was pre-planned. Obviously, it was pre-planned. Otherwise, how did he just vanish like that? Someone is there. Helping him."

Louis nodded, "what can we do now?"

Aiden shrugged, "all we have to do is search that jungle and try to find some clue. I will try to track the number again. Let's see."

Louis turned to look at Liam and the alpha looked ashen. Louis understood. As he met Zayn's eyes over Liam's shoulders, the beta looked tensed too.

"We will find him."

Liam and Zayn looked at Louis. One's eyes held hope, fear, tension and another's eyes were simply lost. So lost.

Louis pulled them both in for a hug.

===

Harry was going crazy. He called Niall's number. He had recorded a voice message too. He had sent seven, actually. All of them fueled by anger and fear. The last one was simply a plea for the omega to come back. He had blamed Niall for not telling him. They were friends, right? He had asked if Niall was okay. He had ordered the omega to call him back. He had promised that if Niall did call back, he might not tell Louis or Liam. Anyone. Just call.

"Please? Just so I know that you are all right. Please, Niall."

Now he was standing in front of the window in his room and trying to recall their past interactions. He was trying to point out if there was something missing in Niall's actions lately. Nothing. Harry had not even noticed anything amiss. He had no clue that Niall was planning all this. Harry felt horrible. He was not a good friend if he did not even notice that his friend was this heartbroken. He felt terrible as he thought of the times when Niall was there, with him.

Harry was in tears when there was a sound of the main door of their floor opening. Louis was home.

Harry wiped his face hastily and bolted towards the door of his room. When he stepped into the living room, his eyes automatically fell on the alpha in the open kitchen.

Louis was drinking water as he stood near the kitchen counter. He looked deep in thought as he chugged the water.

"What did Aiden say?"

Louis jumped, the water spilling over his jumper.

"Oops," Harry covered his mouth with his hands as the splash made the alpha groan.

"H-hi," Louis said, setting down the bottle and wiping the water from his jumper.

"I am... I am sorry, I didn't mean to..." Harry stepped forward, taking a tissue from the counter and reaching forward to wipe at Louis' jumper.

The alpha recoiled, taking the tissue from Harry and dabbing over the soaked fabric himself.

"It's fine, it's fine."

Harry stopped on his advance and stood where he was. Louis sighed when he was done and looked at Harry.

"You were saying something," he said.

Harry nodded, awkwardly fidgeting with his clasped hands, "I-um... what did Aiden say?"

Louis shrugged, twisting the bottle's cap in his hands, "he is not sure about the tracking thing. Niall is using GPS jammer apparently. Well, maybe he has some help with him. Someone powerful who is helping him to hide. I don't know."

Harry tried to take in the information and he leaned his hip back against the counter.

"So it was pre-planned?"

Louis nodded, not looking at Harry, "yeah. It looks like it. I mean, he is not in a position where he can get a jammer on his own. Someone knows and planned all of it out for him. Let's see. We will find him but it might take some time."

Harry nodded, not sure what to say next.

Louis looked down at his damp jumper and tugged at it, "well, I will go and change."

Harry nodded, "okay. Let me make something here for dinner tonight."

Louis hesitated for a moment and then shook his head, "don't worry. I will eat downstairs. Mum made dinner tonight for everyone."

Harry could feel that Louis was trying to get away, avoid him and that hurt.

Louis rounded him when Harry said nothing. Harry watched the alpha go, his eyes closed when Louis closed the door of the bedroom behind him.

===

The day was draining Louis. Niall's departure was shocking and it scared Louis and made him worried.

Then there was Harry. His wolf. The white wolf Louis fell in love with. It was Harry.

Louis could not meet those green eyes without thinking about how cruel his fate was. He could not look at Harry and not think or picture the way he had seen Nick with him in the jungle. Louis could not simply forget the longing he had felt then. It felt like if he looked Harry in the eye, the omega might find out his truth in his eyes and mock him. Louis could not take the risk.

When he was done with the shower, he came out of the bathroom in blue Bermuda shorts. As he rubbed the towel that went around his neck to dry out his hair, his eyes fell on the omega who was now sitting on the bed and looking at him.

Louis looked away instantly.

"Did you need something?" he asked, rubbing his nape with the white towel.

"I sleep in this room," came Harry's reply.

Louis nodded, going to the wardrobe. He pulled out a white, soft-cottony tank top and pulled it over his head. When he turned back, Harry was watching him.

"Sorry if I am disturbing but can I use your dryer?" Louis asked.

Harry nodded mutely and stood up. He took the dryer out from the bags they took to the trip and came closer to Louis to hand it over.

Louis took it from him and shot him a thankful smile.

As he plugged and turned it on to dry out his hair, his eyes fell on the omega. Harry was standing behind him, maintaining distance but there was something in his eyes. Through the mirror, it looked like sadness. Louis' heart twisted in him but he blinked forward, drowning his screaming mind in the sound of the dryer.

===

Harry watched Louis talking to Zayn as they ate. The pack-house dining table was huge and it had seats for almost everyone from the pack-house. Louis sat at the head and Dan occupied the other end of the table. Jay sat on the right side of Dan and Harry sat at the left of Louis. Liam normally sat at Louis' right and Niall beside him but today they were missing. Niall... well, he was not there and Liam did not show up. Zayn was sitting on the chair instead.

Harry sipped the stew and blinked at Louis. Louis was not even acknowledging he was there.

Something was breaking in Harry's heart. He tried not to care but he could not help it. Louis' ignorance bothered him, to a level where his eyes stung with something like tears.

Harry blinked and looked down at his bowl. He could not stomach the soup.

"Excuse me," he said to no one in particular and left the room.

===

Liam blinked when the light of the room was suddenly flickered on. His chest expanded, hope, irrational hope blooming in his stomach. Something like fear and excitement was engulfing him...

"Hey."

Zayn.

Icy drops of dread and hopelessness showered over him, Liam closed his eyes against the pain in his heart.

Zayn. It was Zayn not...

Liam sat, not facing the beta, stoically looking at the wall in front of him.

The beta came to sit beside him on the bed, the room so silent that Liam could hear Zayn's heartbeat.

"You did not change?" Zayn asked, eyeing Liam's outfit.

Liam said nothing, his hands held the phone as he stared ahead.

Zayn's eyes widened suddenly, "Liam? You are sitting here since morning?"

Liam said nothing.

Zayn gripped Liam's shoulder, jerking him, "Liam? I am asking something."

Liam looked down at his hands. The phone.

"What if he calls and I miss it?"

Zayn gaped. His eyes were on Liam and then the phone in the alpha's hands.

"What?"

Liam exhaled shakily, "what if he called and I was not there? What if he needs me?"

Zayn had no words. He blinked.

"It's a mobile, Liam. You can carry it around!"

Liam shook his head, "what if I miss the ring?"

Zayn could feel his eyes stinging, "he will be fine, you know?"

Liam shook his head, "I don't know. Isn't it?" finally those brown eyes met Zayn's as Liam let out a shaky smile, "I don't know if he is fine or not anymore. I can't say it now, can I?"

Zayn did not know what to say. He slid closer, holding Liam in his arms.

Liam did not cry, he did not say anything. His eyes were just set ahead of him and he looked completely blank, stoic and unaffected.

Zayn knew better though. He felt the tremble in those muscles, he knew the way Liam's eyes twitched, the way those lips were pressed together.

Liam was forcing himself to not cry. He was literally on the verge.

God!

Zayn hoped Niall was fine.

===

Louis sat on the sofa, exhausted, and closed his eyes. The whole day was unexplainably complicated to him.

He did not know exactly what he was feeling. The first and foremost shock was Niall's escape. Louis could not understand what to do to know where the omega was. He knew that Niall had planned the escape beforehand but he could not help but feel anxious. What if Niall was injured? What if he was not able to execute the plan properly? Was he fine?

The next shock was...

Harry.

Louis needed some time to get over the fact that Harry was the one he fell in love with. He pulled out his phone; going to his Instagram was painful. He had to watch those photos and try not to wince or laugh at the captions.

God! What would Harry say if he saw the photos? What kind of lunatic stalker would he think Louis was?

He shook his head. No. Harry could not see those photos.

The first tap on the delete button was hesitant. Louis stared at the photo, taking in the way the wolf looked. So beautiful. Definitely Harry. Now that he knew, Louis could surely see the similarities. The wolf looked as proud as Harry was. The wolf carried itself with as much class as Harry did. The wolf was as elegant as the omega was.

Jesus! Louis had to forget it.

Louis held his breath throughout the deleting process. When he was done, his feed looked empty. Louis wanted to delete his account. He did not like the way his feed looked, he did not like the way his eyes stung.

Louis dumped the phone carelessly on the sofa beside him and slid down, leaning against the backrest of the sofa.

Then he heard it.

Footsteps coming his way.

Louis knew that sound. He knew that scent. Jasmine and something like freshly cut grass. It always made Louis feel like he was lying down on the grass on a crisp day in October as the gentle breeze ruffled through his hair. It was like a fresh breath after a long time under the water.

He could almost see even with his eyes closed as Harry stopped, hesitating. Louis counted four in his head. He knew exactly that much time Harry needed before he would start talking.

One...two...three...four... and...

"Why are you avoiding me?"

There it was.

Louis opened his eyes, blinking. He looked up slowly, dragging his eyes over the omega's body.

He took in the pink-fuzzy slippers, black shorts and a white Tank top. Louis' eyes stopped for a moment on those plum lips and finally, they met those green, earnest eyes.

Harry looked sad, hesitant and vulnerable. He twisted his fingers and shifted on the spot.

"What?" Louis croaked out.

Harry took a step forward, like outrageous and then stopped, dragging his feet back.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

Louis did not know what to say. He stood up instead.

"I am... I am not ignoring you. Why'd you think so?"

Harry shook his head, his lips turned downwards as if was trying not to cry.

"You are. You are ignoring me and I don't know the reason. What happened? Did I..." Louis hissed when Harry stepped forward, grasping his shirt in those pale fingers as a fist, "did I do something?"

Louis tried to lean away, his hands itching with the urge to just push Harry away. He needed some time. Louis needed some space. He needed to clear his head and then come that close to Harry.

Harry seemed oblivious though. In his urgency, he stepped even closer, "what did I do? Why are you behaving like this?"

"Harry..." Louis stopped when he felt Harry's nose against his temple, rubbing down... down... down...

"Louis," Harry whined, low in his throat, his lips sliding over Louis' right cheek, towards his lips.

"Harry, just..." Louis placed his hands on the omega's hips, trying to hold the omega.

Harry took it as an invitation. Hot breath tickled Louis' lips and Louis growled. High and menacing. Harry jolted back, his eyes wide and jaw slack.

Louis could feel frustration building in him, guilt coating it a deep shade of red. Louis saw red.

"Lou," Harry's voice trembled, "Louis?"

Louis turned away, trying to breathe through his mouth.

"Just go to sleep, Harry. Leave me alone."

He should have known. He should have known by now that Harry was stubborn. The omega was stubborn and persistent.

Louis pressed his lips to silence the next snarl when Harry, instead of backing off, came around to stand in front of him.

"No, I am not going to sleep. You are not going to order me!"

Louis' eyes were on him, those green eyes held fear, hesitance and something like hurt.

"Okay. Fine," Louis said, enraged, "I will go out then."

Harry reached out, gripping Louis' shirt, again.

"No," the omega bleated, "tell me what's wrong. I deserve to know."

And...

What was Louis supposed to say?

"I saw your wolf and I had realized that I fell in love with you when I first saw you? I wanted you even before knowing the wolf was you? I feel ashamed that you still affect me?"

No. Louis could not say any of it.

"I am just overwhelmed. That's all. Please, Harry. Let's not make it complicated."

Harry shook his head, "no. You are lying. Tell me, Louis..."

Louis gripped the omega's wrists in his, jerking Harry to silence.

Their eyes met and Louis leaned forward to snap on the omega's face, "Why do you think you have any right to ask me these questions? Who the fuck are you?"

Harry halted in his movements, his eyes taking in Louis. Louis hoped he did not look as broken as he felt.

Then Harry was letting go of Louis' collars, stepping back. Louis could see tears in those eyes and Louis had never felt so restless and angry. He had hurt Harry for no fucking reason.

Harry nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked vulnerable, so fragile as he looked down at his inwardly pointed toes.

"Right," he whispered, "I am... I crossed my line. I am... sorry."

Then he was running away to his room, the door closing with a slam.

Louis stood there, still.

Fuck.

He fucked up, did not he?

===

Harry almost threw himself on the bed, hiding his face in the pillows. He willed himself not to cry, his tears were not worthless that he had to waste them on Louis.

They came anyway, soaking his pillows.

He turned to his side, facing the wall as he pulled his legs up towards his chest. Like a fetus. The sobs were wrecking through his body, muscles after muscles. Harry closed his eyes.

He did not notice when the door opened. He did not hear the footsteps over his own sobs. No one had ever shouted at him in his life. No one had ever made him feel so inadequate. And no one had ever affected him the way Louis did.

He felt the dip of the mattress though. Suddenly the bed was bearing the weight of two wolves.

Harry pressed down on his lips and stayed put. There were movements, the sound of a person moving around.

Harry's breath hitched when he felt the presence behind him, lying down to almost cover him.

Harry saw the arm coming around to hold his waist. Harry placed his hand over that arm, trying to push it away from his body. It burned Harry's skin. He would not be persuaded by physical contacts.

There was a growl, making Harry stop. It was not harsh this time, more like a scolding one. Harry frowned, perturbed. Louis would not dominate him. Harry would not let him.

Harry pushed at the arm with everything he had. It was like a steel cuff, it stayed where it was, over Harry's stomach.

Hot breath licked over Harry's nape, cold teeth biting down softly.

"I am sorry," was whispered against his ear. Harry bit down on his lips when the alpha purred, completely in control and persistent.

Harry fought against the hand as the alpha tried to turn him over. He dug his nails on that arm, trying hard to stay put.

"Yield, omega," Louis' voice was heavy, commanding.

Harry's stomach swooped. He turned over, not looking straight at the alpha.

He came face to face with Louis' bare chest. Harry suppressed his shiver when Louis cradled his jaw and slowly pushed it upwards. Harry let him, his lips quivering.

"So beautiful," Louis whispered, hovering over Harry. Harry closed his eyes when their lips met.

The growl that ripped through the alpha was animalistic. Louis pressed down, demanding. Harry whined, his hands coming up to touch. Louis' shoulders twitched when Harry's blunt nails dug into them. Harry mewled, gasping for air when Louis suddenly rolled over on him, covering his body.

"You..." Harry whizzed, turning his face to the left when Louis tried to capture his lips again, "you can't just kiss and take forgiveness."

Louis bit down on his jugular, making Harry whine. Harry's hands roamed over Louis' back, scratching, digging or cutting, leaving behind marks.

The next kisses were landing on Harry's collarbones. Over his T-shirt. Harry wanted them directly on his skin.

Louis did not take it off though. He glided down, kissing the middle of Harry's chest, nipping. Harry looked down, only seeing the head full of brown hair. His fingers made their way in those strands, pulling at them.

Louis placed open-mouthed kisses on Harry's chest, purring and making noises. Harry could not look away. His eyes were set on the alpha. Hot breath fanned his nipples next and those blue eyes peeked up at him.

Harry had to stop himself for a second. He had to inhale and just... hold the breath in his lungs for a second.

Louis looked like a wolf in the middle of a hunt. Effortlessly gorgeous and casually dangerous. The window behind the alpha, at the end of the bed, was open, white curtains hid the midnight world from the room but the moonlight was gliding in, making a mysterious halo around the alpha's figure. Harry could only make out those blue eyes and the way Louis' stubble reflected the whitish light of the moon. The short strands of Louis' hair made a silhouette around Louis. The alpha gave off a predatory aura.

Harry felt like a prey under that heavy gaze. Louis' blue eyes shone when Harry squirmed. Those hands flexed to hold him up over Harry. Harry reached out, desperate, scared and so ravenous to have the alpha closer.

Please.

He held his arms out, looking at the alpha.

Louis' eyes scanned his face and then looked at those extended arms. Then he moved, gliding over Harry's body, coming up face to face.

Harry mewled as Louis' face loomed over his. Those eyes slid over the omega's face.

"Forgive me, omega. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Harry was not sure why but as Louis called him, 'omega,' Harry's inside went fuzzy. His brain stopped whirling for a second.

Harry shook his head, his hand coming up to frame Louis' face, rubbing over the stubble.

"No," he whispered, looking at those intense eyes, "you can't have forgiveness just like that. You..." Harry blinked, "you hurt me."

Louis sighed, breath fanning over Harry's cheeks, "what can I do to gain your forgiveness then?"

Harry arched up, his lips searching those thin ones. Please.

Harry did not say anything when Louis claimed his lips again. Their mouths moved together.

Harry gasped, his eyes snapping open when he felt Louis' right hand on his left nipple. Just a slight roll with the alpha's index finger and Harry gasped for air. His hands pulled the alpha closer, closer to him. There was no way to differentiate their bodies. Puzzle pieces. They fit like puzzle pieces.

Louis did it again. With a bit of force this time. Then he pressed down on the nub with his thumb. Harry threw his head back, grasping at Louis' shoulders.

"Louis..."

Louis did not answer but his face was not looming over Harry anymore.

"Can I take the shirt off, babe?"

Harry nodded, jerkily and so desperately.

Please. Please.

Harry's eyes flew open when Louis shoved the T-shirt up, stopping at his armpits. Harry squirmed out of it, not looking away when Louis threw it on the floor. Then Louis was gliding down.

Harry looked down and moaned. Louis was taking his left nipple in between his lips. Harry parted his legs, letting the alpha rest between them.

The first suction was maddening. It was as if Louis was sucking away Harry's blood through the nipple. Harry could feel the alpha's teeth behind those lips, ready to bite but holding on. Louis sucked again, making a sound in that silent room. Harry hissed, gripping the alpha's hair and giving a hard pull.

"So pretty, you are fucking gorgeous, omega," Louis purred against Harry's nipple. Then there was a cold breeze, Louis blew over the taut skin. Harry's eyes rolled backwards, his hands tightening on those soft strands. He realized with mortification that he was pushing Louis' head down, over his chest. Harry could not think about it for more than seconds because the alpha was moving, so slowly but moving.

The right one. Harry watched, heaving and transfixed.

The alpha lapped at his right nipple, kissing it afterwards. Harry was not sure where to put his mind when he felt the twisting pain on his left nub when Louis pinched it and gave it a little twist.

Harry could feel something fluttering in his abdomen. It was unfurling and molten heat was spreading from it. Harry could feel the first wave of arousal. His arse clenched up.

"Do you like it, omega?" Louis was whispering, his lips so close to Harry's nipple.

Harry bit his lips. His cheeks heating up as he tried to answer but it looked like Louis was not waiting for an answer.

The alpha delved down, taking the already sensitive nipple in between his teeth. A soft bite and Harry whimpered, his hips rolling on the mattress.

"Lou..."

Louis' hand went down, down and down. There was a pause, both Louis and Harry stopped to stare at each other and then Louis was raising his brows. His hand stopped at Harry's waistband.

Harry could feel tears clouding his eyes. He wanted to give himself over. He wanted to submit to that shattering need and thirst but was he ready?

Louis seemed to understand his dilemma and shushed him, "I won't fuck you, Harry. Relax," but his hand pressed down, "I want to suck you off."

Harry closed his eyes. His chest felt heavy, so stuffed and his stomach curled, letting out wave after wave of heat. Louis wanted to suck him off. Those lips on Harry's cock...

Harry tried to reason with himself. He should not allow it. What about Nick? What about his own dignity? His omega had never let Nick do that to him. How could he possibly let Louis do it?

A look at the alpha and Harry settled. He knew that his dignity would be protected and his omega wanted nothing more than to give up. Harry let his omega have it. Once. Just that once.

"Pl-please." He sounded broken. Desperate.

Louis shook his head, his eyes wild but his actions reined.

"No, Harry. Words. I need your answer verbally."

Harry whined, closing his eyes.

"Please, Lou... suck..."

Louis growled, "Say it."

Harry blinked, looking down at those stormy eyes, "suck me off."

Louis did not move though. There was a look in those eyes and then Louis' hand slid inside Harry's shorts, almost over Harry's cock. Not touching. Why not touching?

"Are you sure?"

Harry stopped, his eyes set on those Prussian blue ones. A soft nod and Louis' hand was moving.

Harry watched how easily the alpha pulled his shorts down, his dick free, slapping against his abdomen. His inside churned when Louis placed his hand on his left knee and pushed it up a bit. Harry let him do what he wanted to. He watched, trying to breathe properly, as Louis moved.

The alpha ducked down, nuzzling his nose on Harry's right inner thigh, kissing the skin there. Harry squirmed, Louis' hard stubble scratching his milky soft skin. Louis groaned, mouthing at his thigh and squeezing the left one.

"Put your leg over my shoulder, baby," the alpha ordered, his lips moving over Harry's soft skin. Harry did as told and moaned. The sight was so surreal. His eyes would not move. He could not look away from the alpha's face. The rush of desperation, the heat of need left him limp in those hands.

Louis inched closer and Harry started getting paranoid. He did not smell bad, did he? He had shaved his pubes but what if... what if Louis liked his partners unshaven?

The thought of Louis' partners had Harry's left hand tightening in Louis' hair. Harry tried not to tense up when Louis kissed the joint of his thigh with his hipbone.

Louis' hand came up to caress his pelvis. The alpha stopped, moving away to stare at the skin properly and Harry held his breath. Louis did not like shaved omegas. Right?

"Fuck, Harry," Louis whispered, sounding choked.

Harry waited, saying nothing. He could not understand if Louis sounded repelled or not.

"Wh-what is..." Harry mumbled, scared to know but impatient to go on.

"You are..." Louis placed his palm over Harry's pelvic bone, caressing the place. Harry bit down on his lips.

"I love how smooth you are, baby," Louis said, "so fucking smooth."

Harry exhaled when Louis' lips touched his pelvic bone, again, for longer this time. He knew he was blushing when his cock jumped, almost against Louis' cheek.

Then Louis was moving down, looking at his cock. Harry wanted to hide it. His hands rose to do just that and Louis growled, stilling him.

"Hands besides you, omega. I will tie them otherwise."

Harry let his hands drop beside him. His eyes wide and glossy.

Louis' left hand came up slowly and took Harry's cock in a circle. Harry jumped, feeling the heat from the alpha's fist. He did not know his dick could be that hard. Louis gave it a tug, purring when he saw how pre-cum shone on the tip. He pulled his hand down to see the head, pulling down the foreskin.

Harry was squirming. His hands were grasping the bed-sheet.

"Louis... please," he whimpered as the alpha jerked him. Once.

"On a second thought," Louis mused, frowning, "I can jerk you off like this. Would you like it?"

Harry shook his head, whining high in his throat, "please. Please."

Louis squeezed the base, "words, omega. What do you need?"

Harry glared down at the alpha, his lips trembling, "your...you-your lips."

There was a small tug on Louis' lips, lifting them upwards slightly, "my lips on?"

Harry closed his eyes, face heating up, "on me."

Louis sighed, "be more specific, Harry."

Harry blinked, his name sounding foreign coming from Louis. Omega. He liked that.

"Your..." he gulped, trying to coat his dry throat with saliva, "your mouth on my co...cock."

Louis hummed, "as you wish, Harry."

It sounded wrong. Harry tried to say that. Omega. Call him omega.

His entire body seized with current when he felt those thin lips over the slit of his cock. Harry jerked bodily, his arms flying up and fingers grasping the alpha's hair in a death grip.

Louis kissed the slit thrice and then went down. The tip of his nose dragging over the underside of Harry's cock. Harry was not sure how to hold back the moan. He let it out.

When Louis reached the base, the alpha nuzzled his nose there, inhaling. Harry opened his mouth, trying to inhale some air.

"You smell so good," Louis said and then he was kissing Harry's balls. Harry jumped as the alpha's left hand came up to fondle with them. Louis came up, his lips hovering over the head of Harry's cock.

"Look at me, Harry."

Harry shook his head, eyes closed. He could not. He would come if he looked at the alpha.

"I said," Louis spoke, tone hard, "look at me, omega."

Harry blinked, looking down and instantly arching off the bed. Louis looked predatory even when he was taking Harry in his mouth. He looked fully in control. Harry was not sure what to do, so he just stared, his eyes shimmering with tears.

Louis opened his mouth, slowly bending down.

The moment the head of Harry's cock disappeared into that mouth, Harry cried out, thrashing his head from side to side. The moist heat around the head was something Harry had never felt.

When he looked down, Louis was hollowing his cheeks, taking Harry deeper. The alpha bobbed his head, his tongue caressing the underside of Harry's cock, following the vein with the tip of his tongue. Harry gasped when he felt the suction. Louis was sucking him in time to time.

It felt like Louis was sucking away Harry's life through his cock. Harry whimpered when Louis tugged at his base, tightening his hold there. Harry watched, mesmerized as Louis went down, down until his nose touched the base. Louis stayed there, letting Harry feel the contraction of his throat. Harry mewled, his hips moving, jerking forward. Louis pulled away, his eyes glassy as he stared at Harry, eyes hard.

"Stay still," the alpha said.

Harry nodded frantically, eyes wide. He did not want to offend the alpha. He did not want Louis to think that he was not worth it. That he was irritatingly naïve. Harry bit his lips, trying to still himself against the pull he felt towards the alpha.

Louis studied him for a moment and then the alpha took him in again. Harry pressed his lips together, trying not to cry out. Louis placed his hands on the sides of Harry's hips, bobbing his head with such vigour that Harry felt the skin around his cock was getting sensitive. He pressed his tongue on the underside of Harry's cock, rubbing it. Louis was taking Harry deeper and pulling out as fast as he could and then he was going down again.

Harry could not hold back his cries when Louis hummed around his cock. The vibration buzzing Harry's entire self and the omega whined, earning a growl from the alpha.

The next drag was slow; Louis went slowly down and came up slowly, licking the slit. It tickled and Harry had never felt so sensitive in his entire life.

Harry could feel the heat in his stomach, growing. A fireball was forming in his abdomen as Louis kept going on. The intensity of the fire was so much that Harry's whole body went rigid, his toes curling.

He could not help but tug at Louis' hair, asking or just trying to convey his need.

"Come, Omega."

Harry closed his eyes, his dick twitched in Louis' mouth and the fireball was bursting in him.

Louis did not pull back. Harry watched as the alpha took everything Harry let out and then pulled away.

Those blue eyes were set on him as Louis glided up over Harry's body.

Harry shivered when the alpha came up face to face. Their eyes met, nose almost touching.

Louis leaned in, saying nothing.

Harry jutted out his chin when Louis' closed lips touched his. He opened his lips to welcome the alpha. His eyes closed. Satisfied and sated. Harry felt like soft cotton, floating in the air.

His eyes snapped open when he felt hot liquid oozing out of Louis' mouth and into his. Harry could taste the saltiness in his mouth. It was warm and somewhat bitter. Harry blinked up at Louis when the alpha looked down at him, detaching their lips.

The alpha was sweaty; his brows furrowed and face gleaming with sweat. The white substance was coating the corner of his lips, making them glossy. His cum.

"Swallow it," he said, ordered almost.

And Harry did, swallowed his own cum. His eyes were set on Louis' face. The alpha's eyes were set on his lips though.

"Show me," came another order. Harry opened his mouth silently and Louis groaned.

Harry jumped when the alpha's mouth crashed down on him, taking him up in a bruising kiss.

"Fuck, you are so beautiful, Harry," Louis was saying between the kisses, "do you have any idea what I want to do to you?"

Harry's hands came up to hold the alpha closer his body relaxing under the weight of the alpha. He mewled.

"So fucking pretty," Louis said.

Harry felt the hardness of Louis' cock against his stomach, his brain finally catching up.

"You..." he moaned, Louis pushing down more to capture his lips again. Harry looked up at him, "you did not come."

Louis shrugged, "I am fine. It was about you."

Soft tickles went through Harry's body, his eyes drooping.

Louis pulled away then, after planting an open mouth kiss on Harry's lips.

"Sleep now," Louis said, detaching himself from the omega.

Harry frowned as the coldness took place around him suddenly, the alpha's warm body moving away. He watched Louis rolling over, almost at the edge of the bed. Then the alpha was sitting up, leaving the bed.

Something broke inside Harry. Right.

It was just physical. There was nothing more to it. Louis was not his alpha. He would not stay with Harry to lead him through the aftermath, the next part that came after sex. There would be no cuddling. No spooning. Harry blinked, his blissfully tired body now suddenly exhausted. He watched the alpha as Louis stepped away from the bed, going for the door.

Harry could not blame the alpha. He wanted it to be physical. Louis had asked, did not he? Harry was the one who wanted it to be strictly physical.

The room was icy suddenly. The bed cold and void. Too big.

Harry whimpered, his eyes watering.

Louis stopped at the doorframe. His neck craning as he looked back.

Harry whimpered, his lips wobbling. He felt vulnerable, naked and left alone on the bed. The duvet was almost around his ankle and Harry was so tired, he could not pull it up. He did not want to pull it up; he wanted the alpha to take care of him. He wanted Louis to think about him. His brain was too fuzzy to work properly, sex driven. That was what it felt like and Harry knew that stage. His teachers from sex education class had taught him how an omega would go in subspace after sex, even if it were not a full course. He knew that subspace happened only if you trusted the alpha to a level where you knew that he would take care of you. Harry did not know that he trusted Louis that much but his omega was almost shutting off. It wanted Louis to take over. Please.

Take care of us as we nest. Please.

"What?" Louis asked, tentative.

Harry reached out, knowing that the door was on the other side of the room and the alpha was out of his reach, "stay."

Louis hesitated, his eyes roaming over Harry's face and then looking down at his own feet. When the alpha looked up, he looked unsure.

"Are you sure?"

Harry nodded, his eyes set on the alpha. He could not move his head too heavy and his body still floating. Was not it Louis' duty to check if the omega was fine or not? Harry could feel tears forming in his eyes and he felt woeful. He almost cried with relief when Louis turned back towards him, stepping closer.

Harry pressed his lips together when Louis pulled down his track-pant, leaving himself only in his black boxers. Then the alpha was climbing up on the bed on all four. He watched Louis coming closer, looking like a scared yet monarchical alpha.

When the alpha lay down beside Harry, Harry sighed. Louis rested on his back, his right arm folded under his head and his left arm opened wordlessly. Harry blushed, looking at the inviting gesture and then slid up. His arm found its way over Louis' chest and his head rested at the crook of the alpha's neck.

He felt the press of those lips on his head and Harry inhaled shakily, taking in the alpha's scent.

"Sleep now, omega."

Harry closed his eyes.

Omega.

He liked when Louis called him that.

===

Harry woke up to shouting. He blinked, trying to come back to sense when Louis stormed into the room, his posture tensed and hands shaking.

The alpha went straight for the cupboards, pulling out a drawer that had his shirts.

Harry watched, wordlessly, the alpha dress. Louis was muttering something to himself, pulling up the jeans. He hopped on the spot, turning around. Their eyes met and Louis just shook his head when Harry opened his mouth.

"I need to leave," the alpha was rushing out after that.

Harry blinked.

His eyes on the door.

What had the hell happened? What was the time? For how long did he sleep?

===

All Liam saw was blood and it was satisfactory. Punch, pull your hand back, and punch again. It was like a dancing move. The wail that came from the man was music to his ears. Every other noise was white noise by that time. All he saw was the man in front of him, saying something or just simply crying for mercy.

Liam growled when he felt someone pulling him away from the man, restraining his arms. Someone was pulling him back by holding his waist.

He thrashed, shouting, screaming as the person in front of him curled up like a ball, shielding his body from Liam.

"Liam! Let go," someone was shouting, trying to hold him back.

Liam shook his head, "this bastard knows..." he gave a jerk, freeing himself, lurching forward, "this motherfucker knows where Niall is."

"No, he doesn't, Liam. Stop beating him!"

Zayn.

He was trying to hold Liam back.

Liam hauled Mr Horan up, shaking his body like a dry leaf, "tell me! Where is your son?"

Mr Horan tried to push him away, fueling Liam's anger even more. He brought his knee up, hitting the man's abdomen perfectly.

Mr Horan coughed out blood, wailing in pain. He begged the onlookers to help him but everyone knew Liam in their pack. No one came forward to help.

Liam pulled his hand back, looking at the man's pained face.

"Liam!"

The shout rattled Liam's bones, shaking up everyone around them. The whole gathering stopped on their tracks. Liam could hear omegas gasping around them. Yes, his best friend still had that effect. Bastard!

Liam let go of Mr Horan, sighing. He looked ahead, hearing the footsteps.

Louis came to stand beside him, looking at Mr Horan.

"Steve," he called, voice thick with tension.

Liam watched Steve stepping forward, looking at Louis.

"Take him to the pack-house. Arrange whatever he needs. Call the doctors," the alpha commanded.

Steve nodded, stepping forward. Two betas came up too, helping him to carry Mr Horan in his arms.

Liam's jaw clenched when Louis turned to look at him. He was ready to pounce if Louis was going to shout at him.

"Come on," Louis said instead. Liam almost flinched back when the alpha grasped his wrist and pulled him forward. By the sound of it, Zayn was following them too. Liam noticed that they were not going for the pack-house. Louis pulled him towards the river.

Their hanging-out spot. The flat surface over that huge boulder at the bank of Ciara was their hanging spot.

Louis hopped on the boulder, looking at Liam. Zayn nudged him forward, Liam leapt over it, sitting down with his hands over his bent knees. Zayn sat beside Louis.

They stayed quiet for a long time, just watching the river.

"Why beating him up was a valid idea?" Louis sounded controlled, calm.

Liam shrugged, "he knows about Niall."

Zayn shook his head, "how would you know that?"

Liam glared at the beta, "of course he knows. Niall loves him too much to leave him like that. He would surely know about this plan. Niall left the pack, Zayn! He would have surely discussed it with that fucker!"

Before Zayn could say something, Louis was pulling out a pack of cigarette for them, lighting up one for himself.

"Mr Horan knows nothing," Louis said, letting out a ring of smoke.

Liam and Zayn both looked at him questioningly.

Louis was facing the river, his face as calm as always.

"How do you know that?" Liam asked, indignant.

Louis shrugged, "I have fixed a spy behind him."

Zayn and Liam made eye contact, silently trying to come up with words.

Louis smiled, turning his head towards Liam with a smirk, "I am always two steps ahead of you, Liam."

Liam had no words. He had to agree.

"Well," Zayn said, "that's good."

Louis nodded, "I have spies allotted for almost all of you and beyond our packs. I am not sure about the exact time but I will find Niall. Soon."

Liam frowned, "almost all of us means? Us too?"

When Louis nodded, Zayn and Liam frowned, "why would we hide Niall?"

Louis shook his head, "not because you will hide him. They follow you so that they can keep eyes on those people who meet you every day. Maybe someone is involved in this. They might come to meet one of you to see how you are doing. I want to know if something like that happens. I have my eyes fixed on Harry too. If Niall calls him, I will know."

Zayn snorted, "You have your eyes fixed on Harry anyway."

Liam did not indulge in that though, he looked deep in thought, "Well, if not his father then, he has a relative in the Holland pack. Remember? His aunt or something?"

Louis looked at him questioningly, "In the Holland pack? I have never seen them. How'd you know?"

Liam shrugged, "I have heard him talk to her. He was really close to her as it sounded. They would talk almost every day."

Louis frowned, "how did I not know it?"

Liam shrugged, "he never really talked a lot to us, did he?"

Louis nodded. Right. After a certain age, Niall kind of recoiled, keeping everything to himself. The easygoing omega was lost somewhere and they did not even bother to ask him why. Niall was suffering and no one really thought to ask him how much. Louis felt like kicking himself. How could he just turn blind eyes towards the omega? Niall was his friend too!

Zayn leaned forward, "do you know their names at least?"

Liam nodded, "Martha something. I never paid that much attention."

Louis looked down, "none of did. We cared but not enough."

Zayn and Liam stayed silent, nothing was there to say.

"What can we do now?" Liam asked.

Zayn looked deep in thought, "we can call them up. Ask them about the aunt?"

Louis shook his head when Liam nodded in agreement.

"What?" Liam asked, irritated, "why are you shaking your head?"

Louis looked at him, unimpressed, "you two are idiots. We will call them and then what? Niall will sit there, waiting for us to go and get him? He ran away, Liam. If he is there, he might run again. We can't call them."

Zayn nodded, deep in thought, "then what?"

Louis made a clicking sound with his tongue, "then we call Mason and ask him to collect the information."

Two pairs of eyes turned to look at him, both confused, "Mason?"

Louis nodded, "he works in that pack. He goes there almost every day. If we tell him, he will find out Martha."

Zayn nodded, "okay then. You call him," he turned to face Liam, "did Sophia try to contact you?"

Liam shook his head, "no. I didn't see her face 'til now."

Louis nodded, scraping the surface of the stone, "how are you?"

Liam said nothing.

How was he?

He felt nothing. Which... maybe was a relief. The emptiness was always better than pain filling you up.

Liam had not eaten in so long that his stomach rolled from time to time. Yet, he did not feel like eating something.

Tears were not coming to his eyes but they burnt, itched with something like pin poking on them.

He had left his house in a track-pant and a T-shirt that had so many wrinkles on it. Niall would have scrunched his nose up in distaste but he was not here. Was he?

Liam's wolf was in a complete shutdown mode, ignoring every command from him.

How was he?

"I am fine."

Louis looked like he knew anyway. He did not prod. Zayn squeezed his knee, smiling at him gently.

"It's not like I can't live without him," Liam whispered, blinking rapidly.

Louis pulled him into his chest, hugging him from the side. Zayn rubbed his back, sniffling.

Liam hid his face against the soft fabric of Louis' T-shirt.

Louis ignored the dampness against his chest, his T-shirt soaking up as Liam hid there. He looked at Zayn, the beta had tears in his eyes too. Louis held his hand open, accepting the weight of the beta when he threw himself in the hug.

None of them said anything when Liam's sobs started catching the sound.

===

Harry worked along with Melissa and Jay in the pack-kitchen. His eyes kept wandering over to the spot at his left. No one was working there today. No one was offering him cookies or bites of cakes. No one was cracking jokes with Harry. No one was trying to distract him with a bit of flour on his head. That side was empty. Cold. Silent.

Harry blinked down at the flour, trying not to cry. He missed Niall. Niall was the first friend he made who was there only for him, Harry, not his status or the power that came with his title. Niall was the first friend Harry made with whom he was completely himself. Niall was the pillar for Harry.

"He will be fine," Jay said, her hand coming up to rest on Harry's back.

Harry shook his head, "I can't believe he just left, you know? I can't believe he was going through so much but he did not even tell me. He had planned this, yeah? That means he was going through the turmoil for so long. He did not even utter a word to me, Jay. I feel like I have failed him as a friend. I knew I saw that Liam was a pathetic alpha to him but I did not realize... it was so deep. I thought they were just waiting for the divorce and Niall was..."

Melissa came to hug him from the side as Harry closed his eyes, trying to get a grip. Jay kissed his hair, pulling him in for a proper hug.

"Niall will be fine. He is very stable and composed. He will be absolutely fine. I know that," Melissa said, murmuring.

Harry hid his face against Jay's shoulder, trying to breathe.

"Melissa is right. Niall is not hurt, I am sure," Harry shook his head, not believing it. Jay sighed, "If you can't trust that, trust my son," Jay said, "he will find Niall out. Liam and Zayn also. Liam is his alpha. He will not give up. None of them will."

Harry shivered as Jay mentioned Louis.

Louis.

Louis, who left in a rush and did not even come back yet. Louis was taking up Harry's mind since that morning.

Harry closed his eyes, trying to absorb Jay's warmth. Away from his home, away from Anne, Jay had become a mother figure to him. He had started to love her. Harry hugged her tightly, trying to shake off every tension he had.

There was a commotion and they broke apart. They looked at the door of the kitchen to see the invaders.

ED walked in, smiling shortly at Jay, "Louis asked you all to come into the living room, please."

Jay nodded, gesturing for Harry and Melissa to follow.

When they reached the living room, Harry noticed Louis out of everyone. He was sitting on top of the backrest of the sofa, his boots on a cushion.

Jay swatted at his bicep, "put your dirty shoes on the floor, mister!"

Louis made a face and hopped down, sitting properly in between Zayn and Liam.

Harry noticed how Louis completely ignored his presence.

"Why did you call us?" Melissa asked, sitting down beside Liam, hand coming up to rest on Liam's back softly. Liam leaned against her, his shoulders sagging.

Louis waited until Jay and Harry were sitting down too and ED left the room.

Then he looked at Melissa and Jay, perfectly ignoring Harry, "We think Niall is in the Holland pack."

Harry gasped, leaning forward with interest, so did Jay and Melissa.

"Why Holland pack?" Melissa asked, curious and confused.

Jay shook her head, "I can't believe I did not think about it. Holland pack, yes. He has an aunt there."

Louis nodded, a smile gracing his lips, "exactly. That's what Liam said too. I just want to know if you all know something more than that aunt's name."

Melissa shook her head in denial but Jay frowned.

"Well," she said, thinking, "She is Martha Walsh. Niall's mother's cousin or something but she was really close to him. She had lost her child in an accident. Since then she took care of Niall like her own son. She lives with her second husband in Holland pack. Works in a hardware store. Her husband is a merchant. I think they hold a good status in Holland pack. They can give Niall shelter and you might need to force your power to bring him back if that is the case. They will fight tooth and nail."

Louis nodded, his hands folded and index fingers touching his lips as he frowned down at the floor.

"So who is going to check if he is there or not?" Melissa asked.

"Mason," Louis said, still thinking, "I will take his help as he works in that pack. He will do it for us."

Harry wanted to scoff, of course, he would. Not for them but for Louis.

Maybe his face showed something. When he looked up, Zayn was watching him with a twitch of his lips, his eyes glinting with mirth. Harry rolled his eyes, looking away.

Zayn coughed to hide his surprised laugh.

"What?" Louis asked the beta, confused.

Zayn shook his head, "nothing. Continue."

Louis nodded, "So, I was saying that Mason will get the information for us and then we will go there. I don't want to warn Niall by any chance if he is there. We don't know how he might react."

Everyone nodded.

"When is Mason going to call you back?" Melissa asked.

"Tomorrow, after his shift is over. He needs some time to gather the information. If Niall is there, he might not come out of the house in fear of someone knowing. In that case, Mason needs some excuse to go to that house and talk. That might take some time." Louis explained, his eyes set on a point at the opposite wall.

"Why are you so tensed though?" Jay asked.

Louis looked at her, "what if he is not there?"

Jay reached out, squeezing Louis' left knee, "be positive, Boo. We can't lose hope."

Liam shook his head, "we are not losing hope. We will find him out. We surely will."

Melissa held him closer, it was so blatantly visible that she cared for him just as much as she did for Louis.

Harry sat there, not sure how he could help. His eyes fleet over everyone but mostly stayed locked on Louis.

The alpha's attention was divided. Jay asking him questions, Zayn telling him about the progress of the plan, Liam and Melissa murmuring something that catching his attention and his vibrating phone.

A call.

Louis pulled out his phone and looked at it. A smile graced his lips. He hushed everyone, silencing them all.

"Mason," Louis sounded breathy and so delighted.

Harry looked down, at Liam's jeans. It had a hole, raw fabric bitten and cut through. Harry concentrated on the skin that was visible through the gap. Scratched and batted, Liam's skin looked scratched and batted.

Harry felt like Liam's skin.

"Great, then. Tell me, when can we meet? We need to discuss it face to face. Yes. Okay. Fine. I will pick you up. Call me when you reach."

Harry stood up, gaining everyone's unwanted attention. He motioned towards the staircase.

"Excuse me," he whispered, leaving the room as fast as he could.

He was not crying, he was not wailing but there was something, nagging him. He left shreds of clothes behind him throughout the floor and closed the door of the bathroom.

Pulling the curtains close, he turned on the shower, closing his eyes under the spray of water. As the temperature of the water settled, Harry closed his eyes, revealing his face to the force of water.

His arms came up to hug his stomach, curling in on himself.

Bluest eyes flashed through his mind, making Harry flinch. Harry blinked, trying to wipe away the drops of water from his eyelashes. New drops took place over them and after a moment, Harry gave up.

Harry felt insecure. He felt insecure about his body, his capability and last night. At the same time, he felt over dramatic. Why was he wallowing in his own petty insecurities when he should be worried sick about Niall?

He was. Of course, he was worried about Niall but at the same time, what happened last night was huge for him.

He was not sure if it was equally important to Louis or not but to Harry, it was very important that he let someone touch the most private parts of his body and heart last night. It was important to him that he had trusted the alpha with everything he had and he wanted the acknowledgement. He could not blame Louis, the alpha was busy, Harry knew that. Louis was not ignoring him on purpose but Harry's omega was unsettled. He did not get what an omega deserved after a night like that. It was Harry's first time experiencing passion like that. His omega wanted what every omega deserved.

Nest.

His omega demanded a nest, with the alpha by his side. His omega needed the aftercare, which was missing. It was like after a hardcore BDSM scene the master left the sub without bringing him back from the subspace.

Harry was not out of the space where his mind had wandered off. He was still skittish and jumpy. He needed some time to nest.

The alpha should be here.

Harry felt hollow, his skin burning even under the water. Steam curled around him, enveloping him but Harry felt stripped naked for everyone to see. He felt like everyone was watching him as he desperately searched for a piece of clothing to hide his nakedness. He felt helpless because it was not a piece of cloth he needed, he needed a living being, that alpha who had opened the floodgate and was now missing. Harry wanted a pair of warm arms around him, soothing him as he soaked in the warmth. He wanted soft words murmured against his ears as he tried to breathe normally. He wanted to nest with the alpha.

His knees were shaking, the distress pulling him down. Harry gave in, sitting down on the cold tiles, cross-legged and folded arms. Lukewarm water sprayed over his body, erasing and washing away the presence that clung to his skin. But what about the presence that tormented his heart?

There was a sound.

Harry blinked as the door of the bathroom opened. His heart thrummed against his chest as his eyes focused on the shadow beyond the curtain.

Louis.

Harry knew that instantly.

Louis walked closer, the shadow growing against the curtain. Harry sat there, watching.

Louis did not slide the curtain away. It stayed between them, hiding them from each other.

"Are you fine?" came an uncertain voice.

Harry wanted to laugh, shout at the alpha that no, he was not fine. He wanted to rip the curtain off and just glare at the man who stole his peace. He wanted to scream and hurt the alpha the way his omega was hurting.

But he had no energy. His eyes were set on the shadow for a second and then he looked down at his hands.

"I am removing the curtain, yeah?"

Harry said nothing, his eyes boring on his hands.

The curtain made a sound against the metal rod as it slid away, removing the last wall. Harry squeezed his eyes shut when he felt the alpha's eyes on him. It was tranquillizing and disturbing at the same time.

Nothing. No sound, no movement, nothing.

He blinked his eyes open, the tiles coming in his focus. Harry looked at them and then the movement caught his eyes. Someone was moving around behind him. Harry craned his neck to see that the alpha was doing something in the bathtub.

He was filling the bathtub.

Harry turned on his spot, watching silently as Louis moved around.

Epsom salt, different kinds of oils were poured into the bathtub. Then Louis was leaving the room.

Harry sat as time went on; Louis came back with a carton of milk! Harry furrowed his brows, curious.

He stood up, naked and completely at the display. He did not care though. He tapped the shower off and walked closer to the tub, watching.

Louis poured the whole carton of milk in the tub, mixing it with his hand.

"Sit," he told Harry, pointing at the edge of the tub. Harry did, silently watching the alpha at work.

Louis looked focused, an expert in the work at hand. He turned towards the curtains then, dropping them and closing the source of sunlight into the room. The orange hue was enough for them to work with.

Next was a bottle of scented oil, poured into the water.

Some kind of minty bath salts were mixed in the tub too.

Then Louis was dusting his hands off on his jeans and unbuckling them.

His eyes fell on Harry and stayed there as he undressed.

"Boxers on or off?" he asked Harry, sounding so neutral. Harry had no words. He was shivering, cold from the shower. He looked down at his thighs and shrugged.

"Whatever you prefer."

He was not sure what was going on but he knew that a bath was the first step of nesting. What was Louis doing?

Louis kept his boxers on, motioning for Harry to sit in front of him when he was into the tub.

Harry did, slowly sank down. His back was pressed against Louis' chest and the alpha pulled him closer, steering Harry properly.

A sigh escaped Harry's lips when he closed his eyes, his head falling back to rest on Louis' shoulder. It was calming, the way Louis' chest rose and fell against Harry's back was soothing.

The water sloshed against their skin, splashing over the rim of the tub when Louis' hands came up to hold Harry's waist.

Harry blinked when he felt the alpha's nose trailing over his shoulder, leaving behind soft kisses.

"I wanted to stay with you when you wake up," Louis murmured against Harry's ear, "but Zayn had called and I had to leave. I am sorry."

Harry shook his head, turning as much as he could to mould his sides to the alpha's front. When he looked up, his head resting on the crook of Louis' neck, he found the alpha's eyes easily. Harry reached out, rubbing his left hand on that sharp chin.

"I understood," he whispered.

For a moment, Louis just stared down at him and then the alpha was looking away, not meeting Harry's eyes anymore. Harry stared though, his omega cataloguing everything. There was rigidness in Louis' stance. The alpha did not look comfortable or maybe he was thinking something. Harry looked down, his hand rubbing the alpha's chest, water smearing on those brown strands. Harry turned his head slightly, inwards, kissing that collarbone. His omega was thriving, soaking up the alpha and the warmth. The bathroom was filled with the scent of the salts and bombs and Harry inhaled, taking everything in. He took a handful of water and rubbed it over Louis' collarbones, wiping it gently.

Just like an alpha, an omega liked to take care of the alpha who was offering him a nest. The omega liked to have the domestic urges filled.

One of those urges was taking care of the alpha.

Harry hid his face against Louis' neck, kissing there and rubbing some water over the alpha's chest. The milk was making the water white; it looked authentic on Louis' golden skin. Harry watched, mesmerized, as drops after drops of water rolled down over that torso. He sighed, hearing Louis' purring voice as the alpha mumbled something against his hair.

He never thought he would love something so typical. When he had heard from omegas in his pack and even here that nesting was the best thing if your alpha is with you, Harry had always rolled his eyes and just pursed his lips in distaste. He did not see the point of simply staying closer and doing nothing. Nick had never made it a big deal too. Harry knew that if you were strong enough, you did not need to nest. It was for the weaker ones.

Now he understood that no. It was not typical or it was not about mental strength, it was about having that person closer to whom your omega had chosen to open up to. It was about the trust. It was about reliving those moments and taking care of each other.

Harry stopped when his eyes met Louis' Adam's apple. It bobbed, the alpha inhaling as Harry nuzzled against his chest.

"I know," Louis whispered, stopping to cough, "I know that one day you will leave this pack."

Harry blinked, his eyes set on the alpha's throat, it bobbed again.

"I know that one day you will..." there was a strained pause and then Louis whispered again, his voice thick with emotions, "you will leave with Nick. Can I ask for one thing though?"

Harry could feel his own throat closing up, his words getting lost somewhere in his twisting stomach. The warm water was getting colder, slowly, steadily. He nodded, not daring to look up.

Arms tightened around him as Louis' chest rose with an inhale. A long pause...

"Promise me that you will inform me before you leave."

Harry forgot blinking, his eyes set on that Adam's apple.

"Please, I will... I will not protest, I won't try to stop you but please don't leave like Niall. I might not..."

There was a crack in that voice. Harry dared himself to look up and when he did, his heart lurched. There was a curling in his stomach, something rolling in his abdomen.

Those blue eyes were not on him, they were staring ahead but they were not dry. Tears were glistening in those deep pools. Harry could almost feel an arrow going through his heart, splattering blood everywhere as it went through his heart, ripping it open. Pain. Pain mixed with something unrecognizable shot through his chest.

"I will let you go, I promise," Louis whispered, stopping to breathe, "But please don't leave like Niall. I might not surv..." those eyes dropped on Harry's face then, "I am not as strong as Liam."

Harry could not breathe when tears started rolling down from those blue orbs. Not a single drop, no. Like a stream. An unbroken stream, they were falling. Louis was not even trying to wipe them away or hide the fear. Harry could easily see fear clouding those eyes and pain. So much pain.

"I will not stop you. I just... I can't imagine waking up and seeing that you are gone... I might..." Louis blabbered, his eyes flitting over Harry's face, "I promise you, I..." Louis closed his eyes for a second, gathering his words, when he opened his eyes, Harry felt breathless, "I will personally drop you off but please don't leave like him."

Harry felt like someone was peeling off his skin, then rubbing salt over those bloodied places. He felt immobile. His inside was churning but no words came to his tongue. Nothing.

Louis was looking at him; his eyes cloudy yet clear as the rain-washed sky. Harry gulped, his heart squeezing out wave after wave of agony.

He could not form words. He could not find his voice. All he got was a whirlpool of emotions that was clogging his throat and he felt desperate. He wanted to reach out, wipe the fear out of Louis' eyes or maybe tell him that he would never do that. But words failed him and he saw, with desperation, as the fear grew in those blue eyes. And then Louis was trying to pull his arms away, recoiling.

Harry did what his desperate heart suggested, ignoring his brain completely.

He surged forward, his arms grasping the alpha's face in his hands. Louis gasped when their lips crashed together. Harry poured everything into that kiss, every confusion, every heartbreak and every unreasonable feeling. His hands grasped Louis a little closer when the alpha's lips started moving along with him. He felt the water splashing against the tub when Louis suddenly hauled him up and on his lap. Harry straddled him, kissing those lips so feverishly that Louis moaned, rubbing Harry's back. Harry did not think twice before he was pushing closer to the alpha, begging him to open his mouth. Louis did just that, opening his mouth for Harry to take. Their breath mixed and so did their emotions. Harry could not pull away and Louis did not let him.

"Harry..." Louis croaked, pulling away to look up at him.

Harry was not done though, he whined, moving forward, his eyes stuck on those lips. Those lips, glistening with saliva. Harry wanted them on his. Please.

He moved forward again, whining as soon as their lips met again. They kissed like that for a long time, moans and growls filling the bathroom. Then the alpha was pulling Harry's head down, hiding his face against his own neck.

"Shush," Louis hushed Harry when the omega tried to say something. And Harry closed his mouth.

"Did I overwhelm you?" Louis asked then, gentle and reluctant.

Harry hid his face, shaking his head, "take me to bed, please."

And Louis sighed, tension leaving his shoulders just like that.

"As you wish, sir."

Harry smiled, biting his lips as he looked into those eyes, "don't leave?"

Louis smiled, small and so very gentle, "Okay."

===

Harry watched as Louis arranged them closer to each other. Harry wore just a boxer and so did Louis. As they lay there, on that bed, Harry nuzzled closer to Louis.

After a long silence, Harry looked up at that calm face.

"I'd never do that," Harry whispered, watching how the afternoon sun glinted on Louis' face. Louis did not look at him, his lips pressed together.

Harry huffed, reaching out to touch the alpha's face to pull it down. Louis did as Harry wanted, those eyes settling down on Harry's face. Harry tried to smile, knowing he managed a very wobbly one.

"I won't leave like that," Harry said, shaking his head.

Louis sighed, his eyes still so far away, "yeah. Okay."

Then he was closing his eyes. Harry nuzzled closer again, inhaling the refreshing smell of the alpha.

Harry tried to ignore the question his heart was asking him all along.

How would he leave if Louis would look at him like that? How would he just turn away and never look back when those arms felt so assuring and secure around him?

His eyes closed when Louis' arms tightened around his shoulders.

Some other time. He would think about it some other time.

===

Notes:So... I am anxious about the smut. I know how terrible it was. Sorry? I am really not good in that department. Kudos to those who write some mouthwatering smuts. You rock! Tell me how pathetic it was? Leave one or two comments. Let me know how the chapter was.

VOTE, PLEASE VOTE. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME.

Thank you. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.1K 35
Louis and Harry have been together for a year now and they are honestly the most cutest couple there ever was. Of course Niam being the second most c...
136K 4.3K 47
Louis and Harry have everything. They are happily married. They love their children more than anything. They couldn't be more successful in their job...
404K 12.7K 35
A royal omega and a royal alpha, forced to wed and mate by their families. But maybe they get along? Maybe not? Their pasts will come back to bite th...
50.2K 2.3K 30
the sequel to ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ, in which life in the woods brings more dangers than the boys could have ever imagined. a surprisi...