The Man I Know I'm Not [Frera...

By therevengeparade

[This is the sequel to Tell Me I'm A Bad Man, it's not a necessity to read that first, but you probably shoul... More

The Man I Know I'm Not - Sequel to TMIABM [Frerard]
Two - Give Me More But It's Not Enough
Three - It's The Only Thing That Makes Me Feel As Good As You Do
Four - Weighted
Five - We Shake, Shake, Shake The Hips In Relationships
Six - 'Cause That's Just The Kind Of Boy That I Am
Seven - You Strip Away My Pride
Eight - At Night, Your Body Is A Symphony
Nine - We're The New Face Of Failure
Ten - It's Not Love If It's Just Fucking
Eleven - I Cried Tears You'll Never See
Twelve - Is It Still Me That Makes You Sweat?
Thirteen - Would I Lie To You?
Fourteen - You're A Regular Decorated Emergency
Fifteen - I Hate The Ending Myself, But It Started With An Alright Scene
Sixteen - There Was Really Nothing I Could Do
Seventeen - I Know I'm Not Easy To Deal With Sometimes
Eighteen - Take This To Your Grave
Nineteen - I Can Watch Your Face As I Take It All Away
Twenty - It's Not Your Disappointed Sigh
Twenty-one - You'll Keep On Giving Me Shit 'Til I Choke
Twenty-two - I Thought I Loved You
Twenty-three - It Was Just How You Looked In The Light
Twenty-four - My One Regret Is You
Twenty-five - Things Have Changed
Epilogue
Thnks Pt - Prt (Folie A) Deux
Unanswered Questions
Your Questions: Answered
One final note to clear everything up
it's been four years and you bet your ass I'm going to milk this
Alternate Chapter 23 - It Was Just How You Looked In The Light
Alternate Chapter 24 - A Love That's So Demanding

One - You're A Heart Attack In Black Hair Dye

25.3K 1K 4.2K
By therevengeparade

The asshole promised he'd be here today.

I looked around at all the faces, at the families of every single student graduating today, and did not see one single streak of red. I swear, if he hadn't bothered to turn up...

The ceremony was taking too long, the hall was too hot, and my mood was lowering. If I stayed here much longer, I'd be too grumpy to want to be around. Sometimes I felt eighty instead of eighteen. Sometimes I sounded it. "Shut up, Frank - you sound like an old man." Brendon often jokingly said to me whenever I complained about something, and I would simply roll my eyes and agree with him.

Where was he?

He told me he'd taken the day off especially to come down and see me, so I could pack my things and hopefully go back with him. But so far, no show.

Typical.

The ceremony ended, and the students filtered into the crowd to be congratulated by their families. I was not one of those students. I glanced around one last time before slipping away, walking the corridors by myself.

It was the last time I would ever stroll these halls, and thank fuck for that. The past six months had been horrendous, the new art teacher being an unattractive old bitch that didn't like me from the moment I set foot in the classroom on her first day. She looked down her nose at me, at my appearance, and, most commonly, my work. So I did with her what I did with the last one: I pissed her off and continually disrupted the class. Except with her I wasn't doing it to get in her pants. I think I'd rather sleep with the Principal than her, and he was probably well into his fifties by now.

I left the school, being blinded by the sun, my intention being to go home and wait for a Skype call that would probably never come, while being ignored by my family, who disapproved of my presence, and had done for the past week. My mom was convinced I was on drugs, and I was convinced that Arnie was having an affair. This resulted in an argument at the dinner table and me being ignored for the foreseeable future, as if it was all my fault.

Those that I lived with were a fucking joke.

My eyes scanned the parking lot, just in case he was lurking there, and I sighed, because there was no sign of him. Asshole. What a complete asshole. Of course timekeeping didn't apply to him.

I walked home in a bad mood, knowing that today wouldn't be the day I left this wretched town. Fuck him then. I'll stay in New freaking Jersey until I find the money to leave myself. Then I won't go anywhere near New York.

He'd been doing that a lot recently; planning to come down for a weekend, or a day, or something, and then cancelling last-minute. The least he could've done this time was call me. "Sorry, baby, I'm a bit tied up with work today, what with them finishing up and all. I'll be down tomorrow, I promise." Yeah, whatever.

I was near my house when I spotted something familiar. The car. His car.

There he was. Stood by a black car, dressed all in black, with a cigarette between two fingers and black hair hanging over his face, was Gerard Way - ex-art teacher of Belleville High and my smoking hot boyfriend.

And yes, he was fond of the color black.

I had to resist the urge to drool, grinning instead and walking towards his car. He hadn't seen me yet, watching some birds in some nearby trees, and he still didn't notice me when I approached him.

"Aren't you hot in that?" I asked, and he jumped, turning to face me and holding a hand over his heart.

"Jesus Christ, Frankie - way to give a guy a heart attack." He said.

"Ah, you're welcome. I couldn't decide between giving you a heart attack or poisoning you." I shrugged, watching the grin spread onto his face.

"Come here, you." He dropped the cigarette to the floor, crushed it with his heel, and in a matter of seconds his arm was around my waist and his mouth was on mine.

I hadn't seen him since April; it felt good to kiss him again. I gripped his jacket, pressing myself against him as he kissed me hard. The fact that we were right outside my house, where my mom would most likely be watching, made my heart beat faster, and I let him push me against the side of the car, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled away after a minute or so, nudging my cheek with his nose.

"Hey, sugar." He grinned, biting his lower lip.

"Hey, yourself." I ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't think you'd turn up."

"Yeah, that was my fault. I was having a long discussion with your mom." His eyebrows rose. "Since when were you on drugs?"

I sighed, stepping back and rolling my eyes. "I'm not on drugs, fucking hell. Whatever my mom has said -" my eyes narrowed. "Why were you having a discussion with my mom?"

"Why do you think I was having a discussion with your mom?" An eyebrow arched. "As much as I'd love to, I can't just whisk you away without a word."

"Sure you can - they don't care."

"I still felt like I should talk to your mom anyway, and it's all settled."

"You mean I'm actually going to live with you? As in, sleep in your bed, eat in your kitchen, fuck you on your couch -"

He laughed. "Yes, Frankie - that's exactly what I mean."

I grinned, kissing his cheek before dragging him into the house and up to my room. The minute the door was closed, he pressed me against it and covered my mouth with his. We made out for quite a while, due to the fact that I was really not able to help myself around him. It was an awful addiction, but I'd rather be addicted to him than to something that I could overdose on.

"If we don't pack now, we'll never get to New York." He said breathlessly, and I groaned as he stepped away.

"Killjoy." I grumbled, heading over to my closet.

"No," he slipped his arms around my waist from behind as I took my clothes from their hangers. "I just want to make out with you somewhere where your mom won't walk in. My place, for example."

I let out a sigh, remembering the unfortunate circumstance Gerard was currently in, with regards to his living arrangements. "Yeah, and who else will be there?"

He kissed my neck. "He won't be a problem."

"Yes he will." I eased myself out of his hold, shoving the clothes I wanted to take into a backpack and leaving the ones I wanted to leave here.

"Frank, don't -"

"You know I hate that he's living with you." I said shortly, my bad mood returning as I packed the CDs and DVDs that Gerard didn't already have into another duffel bag.

"He's got nowhere else -"

"He's not making an effort to find anywhere else, either." I handed him my bag of clothes, picking up my guitar, and he sighed.

"You know it's hard for him -"

"He'll be there, Gerard. When we're watching a movie, he'll be there. When we're making out, he'll be there. When we're having sex, he'll be there. When I'm sucking -" there was a knock on the door then, interrupting me mid-rant. "You get the idea." I hissed, grabbing my camera and the rest of my stuff before throwing open the door. "What?"

My mom blinked, startled. "Everything okay?"

"Peachy." I pushed past her and hurried down the stairs, opening the front door and heading out to Gerard's car. I put my guitar in the backseat, and the rest of the stuff in the trunk. Gerard was coming out of the house just as I was going in, and I shot him a glare as I passed. I said goodbye to everyone inside, and got into the car, slamming the door behind me.

"Babe," Gerard said, taking my hand and speaking before I could cut him off. "please don't be mad. C'mon. This is a special day, y'know? I've been waiting for this day for months, you know I have. I've missed you. And I know that he's there, but it won't be forever. But while he is there, please be nice." He looked at me pleadingly. "Please?"

My eyes narrowed, and I exhaled heavily. "Why did you dye your hair?"

He laughed, kissing my forehead before starting the car and beginning to drive. "I find more reasons to love you every day."

"That wasn't an answer to my question."

He smiled. "Your question wasn't an answer to mine."

~

"You'll be safe, won't you? You won't like throw Gerard off the Empire State Building or anything?"

"Brendon, stop worrying." Ryan said. "He'll be fine."

Brendon, whose hands were cupping my face, narrowed his eyes and peered closer at me. "Promise?"

"I promise." I rolled my eyes, and he hugged me tight before stepping back and turning to Ryan.

"All yours." He said, gesturing towards me, and Pete and Patrick laughed.

Ryan pretty much threw his arms around my neck, pressing his thin body against mine and hugging me with surprising strength, considering the toll his chemo had taken on him recently.

"You'll be back for the wedding, won't you?" He asked hopefully, as if I'd miss the biggest day of his life and not be his best man.

"Of course I will, don't be ridiculous." I replied.

"It's in two weeks, don't forget."

"I won't forget, stop worrying!"

I pulled back, just a little, and he pressed a feather-light kiss against my cheek. "Promise?"

"I promise, Ry."

He stepped back, and I hugged Pete. "Don't fuck him too hard." He said, and I laughed.

"I'll try not to."

He pulled back and grinned. "Good boy. I'll see you at their wedding." He nodded his head towards Brendon and Ryan, and I smiled.

"Prepared your best man's speech yet?"

He scoffed. "'Course I haven't."

"Good one, Pete." Patrick piped up. "My turn!" He hugged me tight, just like the others, and I hugged him back. "Thank you." He said, and when I pulled back, I frowned in confusion. "For...y'know..." He gestured towards Pete, who appeared to be having a discussion with Brendon about his lack of best man's speech.

"Oh!" I got it, nodding. "You're welcome, dude." I ruffled his hair and he ducked out from beneath my hand, grinning.

"Group hug!" Brendon cried, and the four of them encased me in a massive group hug, practically crushing me.

Holy cow, I was gonna miss them. They'd been my friends since I'd joined Belleville High, they'd taken care of me, they'd treated me as if they'd known me for years, and I will always love them for that. They didn't judge when they found out I'd been sleeping with a teacher, and they didn't judge when I cried over him not being here. Ryan even asked me to be his best man, which, to me, was an incredible honor.

"Who cried?" Gerard asked, once I was in the car, and I laughed, wiping away a few tears of my own.

"Ryan almost cried. There were definitely tears in his eyes."

He kissed my temple. "There are tears in your eyes, too." He took my hand, smiling. "Ready?"

I took a deep breath. "As I'll ever be."

"C'mon, then." He started the car. "New York it is."

~

The journey to New York didn't take as long as I'd thought, and Gerard was pulling up outside a house before I knew it. We unloaded my stuff into the house, but I didn't have time to admire the hallway, because the second the front door had closed behind us, I was being pushed against the wall and kissed within an inch of my life.

I certainly wasn't complaining as Gerard grabbed a handful of my ass and pressed his lower body close to mine. His tongue slipped into my mouth as his other hand settled on my ass, and I tugged at his hair. Oh my God, I had definitely missed this.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made us break apart, and I looked around Gerard to see who was there.

Bert was leaning against the doorway to the living room, smiling warmly when he spotted me, though I knew there was smugness behind it. Instead of smiling in return, I fixed him with a look of disgust, as if he was the lowest piece of shit I could've stepped in. I didn't know how Gerard could've forgived him for blackmailing us; I certainly hadn't. The little fucker perved on my boyfriend and made him feel like a sex object - nobody does that, ever. Not to Gerard.

"Frankie." Gerard said quietly into my ear, obviously spotting the expression on my face. "Remember what I said."

I looked at Gerard, hissing a simple, "No." His eyes turned pleading yet again, and I shook my head.

He sighed before shrugging towards Bert and picking up some of my things, leading me up to his room. I just placed everything in the corner, too tired and stressed to sort it out, and I sat on the edge of his bed. He sat beside me, lying back fully on it and pulling me down with him.

"C'mon, baby. Don't be grumpy. Only I'm allowed to be grumpy." He said, smiling, and I rolled my eyes as he propped himself up on his elbow and undid my tie. "Anyway, you can't be grumpy now you're with me." He began to unbutton my shirt as he spoke, running his hand down my chest. "Just think about it - you get to wake up with me every morning, you get to watch TV with me every night, you get to hug me when you want to, kiss me when you want to..." His hand brushed my crotch, and I bit my lower lip, my tongue finding the metal of my lip ring. "...take my clothes off when you want to..." He whispered, and he leaned down, millimetres separating our mouths. "I think we should start now, by getting you out of those clothes."

"Best idea you've had all day." I said, and I tangled one of my hands in his hair, pulling his mouth down the last few millimetres until he was kissing me.

Fuck Bert. There was no way he was gonna stop me from having sex with my boyfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wahey! That's chapter one officially done!

Don't think that this isn't going to be as smutty as TMIABM, because it probably will be, not gonna lie - but I'll try and shake it up a bit, y'know, make shit happen in unlikely or risky places...heheheh ;)

Well I hope you all like it, I won't be able to do daily updates like I did with TMIABM, but I'll update at least twice, if not three times a week. I'll try to, anyway :)

Thank you to MyChemicalRachel to the amazing cover, I'm like in love with it omg :3 thanks to everyone else who's made a cover for me, they're absolutely awesome and I've got them saved to my phone xD

And if you have any questions at all about TMIABM, don't hesitate to PM me, or head over to my ask or tumblr :)

Have fun with this, I sure will;)

So long and goodnight,

-xocharr <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 35 25
How can two people so different be so perfect? A story of romance, tragedy, healing, and finally happiness, because everyone needs a happy ending som...
79.4K 6.7K 33
Sequel to Tell Me I'm an Angel: Frank Iero's life is borderline perfect: he has an amazing husband, his dream job, and he is truly happy, except for...
400 28 12
Temporarily Discontinued!!! Moving states and attending a new school is hard, especially when you have a cute bully....... ------------------------ ...
27.9K 1.8K 44
(WARNING: this is the first real fic i ever wrote, I was in middle school, I know that it's horrible but don't judge it too bad thanks) When Gerard W...