True Love Hunting

By thewitchsscribe

She had run away to escape her past, into the very arms of the creatures her family were known for hunting do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chaper 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 24

990 44 3
By thewitchsscribe

I was in my bedroom selecting the new outfit I would wear to work tomorrow when I heard a wolf's howl. I stood up, walked briskly out to my living room, and looked out the window to see if it was my wolf. There he was, standing in the clearing, looking at me in the window. I felt so relieved that he was safe that I ran to the door and came outside, right up to him. I fell to my knees and hugged him around the neck. When I let him go, he licked my face, so I reached up to scratch him behind the ears.

"I'm so glad you're alright, boy! I was so worried about you in that horrible storm the other night that I haven't seen you for days. Spencer tried to reassure me, but I still couldn't stop thinking about you. You will have to meet him someday. You would like him. I also can't stop thinking about him. I'm worried for him, for the danger I'm putting him in. You need to be careful too, you hear? A bad man is coming for me, and I don't want you to get hurt. It might be too dangerous for you to hang around here anymore. I'm sorry."

***************

Spencer felt strange listening in on what should be a private conversation between her and her wild wolf. She was talking about him, with him, and somehow it just felt like a breach of trust. She at last stood and, with one last scratch, left him there and returned to her cottage to go to sleep. He walked over and curled up on her doorstep. He would ensure she was safe for as long as he could before he had to leave to get home in time for work.

**************

I had to wear my sandals in the morning to walk to campus, but as soon as I got to the parking lot, I switched them out for a pair of black, pointed-toe high heels that Aurora had given me. They matched perfectly with the black pencil skirt and deep blue blouse I was wearing. I had twisted my hair and held it in place with a couple of decorative sticks.

I felt terrific wearing my new clothes and professional showing up in them. The secretary openly gawked at me as I clicked by her desk in my stilettos. She had nothing negative to say about my appearance today.

I first stopped in the classroom and gathered up a small pile of books to return to the library. There was also a list of new ones I needed to locate and bring back with me for Spencer's prep hour. He didn't have a class early this morning, so each week, he used the time to study for his upcoming lectures. He would need the books for that. So I brought them back with me as I returned to the classroom.

When I got back, I noticed that Spencer had arrived because his office door was open and the light was on. I carried the stack of books into his office and set them on his desk.

************

Spencer turned around from grabbing a text out of his collection just as Lenny bent over his desk to set down the small stack of books. His blood instantly hit the boiling point when he laid eyes on Lenny in her new outfit. Depositing the books had given him just the right vantage point for a quick glimpse down her blouse as she bent over in the curve-hugging skirt and heels.

"Anything else you need, Professor, for your study period?" She asked him. There was, but it was risky. Often students would come with questions during this time, but he was burning up with the need for her; he wanted her, and he wanted her now.

******************

I looked up at Spencer, standing on the other side of his office, and I swore I saw his eyes flash for a second. The smoldering look that held my gaze captive couldn't be misinterpreted. I noticed how he swallowed and licked his lips; just before tossing the book he had onto the armchair next to him. My lips parted at the intensity of his gaze as he stepped toward me. His eyes sparkled with mischief. He wouldn't. It was an "open-office" time for students. Another step and a darkening of his eye had me doubting. I bit my lower lip with my teeth, feeling a strange mixture of nervousness and excitement. His eyes flicked down to my mouth and stayed there as he took another step toward me.

That feral grin spread across his face as I started backing toward the door. A few more steps, and I would be out the door. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to escape or not, though. One more step backward, and he closed the distance between us, passing by me to shut his office door. I turned to face him just as I heard the lock 'click,' sealing us inside. A gasp escaped me at the noise. He turned around to face me, his smoldering eyes slowly roaming down my body, setting it aflame with just his eyes.

"Spencer, we're at work, remember?"

"Yes, I can see that you acquired some new work clothes," he said in a low husky voice. "I have to say, I approve." I shivered and started backing away from him again.

He was on me in a flash, pulling me to him and running his hands up my back, one making its way to the back of my head as he pulled me in for a deep and hungry kiss. The hand on the back of my head held me to his lips as the other started pulling on my blouse, untucking it. His free hand began unbuttoning my blouse as his mouth drug a moan out of me. My hands began fumbling to rid him of his shirt.

Both of his hands slipped inside my shirt once it was fully unbuttoned to pull my hips against his, as his mouth bent me over backward on its journey downward. This wasn't the sweet lovemaking we shared last night; this was driving, urgent, almost animalistic, and deliciously fast and demanding. One arm held me fast, and the other shot up to pull my hair loose, and it came tumbling down over my shoulders. He fisted some of my hair, tugging my head back on a sigh from me, so he could kiss my neck before working his way back down to my breasts.

He herded me backward, and we crashed into his desk, sending the stacks of books flying. Not taking his eyes from me, he used a hand to clear his desk, swiping things out of the way.

He leaned me over his desk and pulled on my hair as he bit my lip and whispered, "I'm going to have you here and now, hard and fast."

My eyes opened and met with his, and I breathed out, "Yes."

He still held a fist of my hair, and the other hand moved down to pull my pencil skirt up around my hips, pull my panties down and off, and then snuck inside to tease me more. My first orgasm rolled through me, making me cry out. However, I was still throbbing for him, and only his promise of him filling me hard and fast would ease it.

His pants joined his shirt on the floor; seconds later, he was naked before me. He took ahold of my hips, and lifting me like I weighed nothing, he flipped me over so I was lying over his desk. A hand placed on my front as I lay on the desk added more pressure in just the right spot as he thrust into me. I cried out in pleasure, and before long, as he hung onto my hips from behind, I was screaming his name. And then my world exploded as we came to climax together over his desk.

The second time he took me over the study period that morning was a drawn-out, slow, and sweet torturous union against the door as I hung on his hips, whimpering from the pleasure. He had me screaming again before long.

Spencer drove me home after work, sneaking glances at my legs as he drove his jeep. He parked on the lane near the trailhead that led into the forest. He came around and helped me down out of the jeep.

"Mind if I tag along so I can work on my bike?"

"Not at all," I answered him as I swapped out my shoes so I could walk down the dirt pathway. We had spent our lunch hour in the same diversion as the morning study hour, and I was starving.

"Want some dinner?"

"Sounds great." He grabbed a backpack and swung it over his shoulders before he turned to follow me down the pathway towards my cottage.

I entered my cottage and dropped my bag. I changed out of my work clothes, swapping them for a loose peasant skirt and my off-the-shoulder peasant blouse. I padded barefoot across the house and started pulling things around for dinner while singing. I danced a little, hopping from one foot to the other as I worked on the meal. I reached in the fridge for the meat I had put to defrost last night. As I reached for the meat, a vision filled my mind.

*************

Spencer was in the barn, taking crushed and broken parts off of his motorcycle, listening to Lenny sing while she cooked. He had just pulled off a handlebar, putting it on the ground, when he heard a bowl hit the floor in the cabin, and Lenny went silent. He heard her suck in a gasp, and he almost ran across the clearing to the cottage. He found her bent down, cleaning up meat off the floor. He kneeled to help her, glad she was ok. Wasn't she?

"Lenny? Are you alright? Something happen?"

************

I was still trying to wrap my mind around what I had seen. It was unclear to me. It had me confused.

I looked at Spencer and said, "I had another vision, but it was confusing. One that I'm not sure I could make meaning out of right now."

"What did you see?" I had seen a myriad of quick flashes and could hardly make sense of what I had seen. It had been almost like a flip book going by too fast to catch the pictures. If I was going to garner anything out of it, I needed to slow the images down and review them. I needed Cassius.

"I'll have to sort it out and let you know. It will take some time, but basically, it was like a lot of snapshots that went by too quickly to make sense of. Thanks for helping clean this up. I'll finish dinner, and we can eat it out in the barn if you like?" I asked him. He gave me a smile that melted my insides and nodded at me.

"I'll go get back to work." He helped me up and wrapped me up for a sweet, lingering kiss before ducking out of the cottage to go work on his bike.

I finished the dinner, and we ate it out in the barn while discussing the repairs to his bike. We continued talking while he worked.

"So you had a close call with the Chivutes while in Europe?" I clarified after he had mentioned it.

He nodded, still looking at his bike, "Yeah, a couple of different times. The last one was a close call and is what motivated me not to travel the world all the time. It's why I became a Professor and only travel in the summer doing research. I'm also much more careful when traveling and researching than I used to be."

"So what happened?" I asked him.

He kept working as he shared the story, looking up at me occasionally, "Well, I was traveling in the back woods researching an uncommon kind of shifter when I came across a small band of Chivutes on a hunt. I let my curiosity get the better of me, and I decided to follow them to spy on them and learn more about their ways for my research. It's how I ran into the man that almost cost me my life."

I couldn't help breathing in deeply at the thought before asking, "Who was he? One of the Chivutes?"

Spencer turned a wrench as he answered, "Yes, he was in charge of the hunt they were on. A man called Theron Chivute."

A loud gasp escaped me as my hands flew to myface to cover my nose and mouth in shock. Theron Chivute was the name of myfather.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.6K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
1.8K 29 11
In a world where humans and shifters coexist, a coming-of-age story unfolds with Ashlynn at its center. Turning 18 in three days, Ashlynn eagerly ant...
227K 4.9K 18
Almost twenty years ago Aria Forbes, the older sister of Caroline, meet the original hibrid, they immidiatle felt a soul bondind being formed. Howeve...
1.9M 111K 95
Bowen was a lonely girl who filled her days by running down rural country roads. But that quickly changed when she discovered a decomposing body in a...