My Werewolf Girlfriend

Av AustinAndKaedrik

*Edited and revised final version! Cover by @AverySummers* Alex knows it's weird to have a strange voice in h... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - Epilogue
Authors' Note

Chapter 23

4.8K 243 31
Av AustinAndKaedrik

-Amber-

With the threat of the rogues and hunters looming over us, my dad had made an announcement to the pack that we'd begin regular training for anyone in the pack that could fight. Whether it be self defense or to be on patrol with other pack warriors, most of the pack had begun the regular sessions. 

What most wouldn't assume was werewolf packs tended to be heavily armed. We had advanced healing and strength capabilities from being a werewolf, but to keep ourselves and others from harm as well as protect our identities of what we were, we did rely on normal human weaponry. This meant firearms training, hand-to-hand combat, blade-wielding (swordsmanship included), battle first-aid, and yes, archery. 

Thought I never saw the point in the last one -- no pun intended -- but I did admittedly enjoy the sports side of it.

The point was to be well rounded in knowledge and muscle memory so if we were to face an opponent with any type of weapon, we wouldn't be caught off guard. The training normally was given to our pack warriors as they were in combat the most with skirmishes and issues between packs, but having the unique threat looming over our heads gave cause for my dad to be cautious.

Alex had finally finished sword training with Jack, so we decided to hang out on my balcony.

"So. When were you going to tell me that I was going to be alpha?" Alex asked softly in my ear.

I stiffened. Ahh shit...

"Uh... soon?" I said. Though it came out more as a question. There were still things here and there that I grew up knowing, so it was harder to figure out what else he didn't know.

He chucked and nuzzled my neck, causing me giggle softly and let out a small moan.

"And I thought you drove me crazy," he said.

I swirled around and glared at him. "Last time I checked, you still weren't forgiven."

He shrugged. "I can work on that."

I leaned back on his chest and smirked to myself.

Ha. Good luck. It's going to take some time for me to fully forgive you.

"So who were those rogues the other day?" Alex asked me.

I groaned a little. "It seems that the rogues and hunters have joined forces for some unknown reason. None of us know why, and we don't have any leads. Not even with my uncle on the case."

"Your uncle?'"

"Well. He's not really my uncle. He's my dad's best friend next to Thomas, but he's a hunter himself. He use to hunt any werewolf, but after he found his mate, he only hunts those that cause trouble."

"That's good to have." Alex laughed. "I'd have to meet him someday."

I laughed along with him. "I think you might have but I'm not sure. He's someone that doesn't stand out unless he wants too."

"Then I like him already," he said more to himself.

I looked out into the forest, loving the view.

"I love you," Alex whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I said facing him with a wink.

He was about to say something, but I heard my dad howl.

Something's wrong...

I grabbed Alex's hand. "We have to go," I said as we raced downstairs with him hot on my tail

~*~

I dragged Alex up next to my mother and father who stood on the back porch, looking out amongst the pack. Most of the werewolves were in wolf form and all of the members were there.

My dad cleared his throat and everyone went silent. "I have urgently called this meeting for the sake of to the pack, regarding the rogues and hunters in the area." He paused and looked around. "We have received reports that they appear to be getting ready to attack soon. When they do, I want all those too old and too young to fight inside one of the safe houses with new guards and warriors to fall back and defend as needed. I need all warriors to be on high alert, and until then, no one is allowed to walk to grounds without another fighter. Are we clear?"

I heard a chorus of "Yes Alpha's" ring through the open yard.

My dad nodded. "Dismissed."

I stood there not knowing what to think.

Are they going to attack soon? And when?

"I hope those lessons have helped you learn to fight hard, Alex." My dad said looking at him.

Alex nodded. "They have Alpha and I'll help however I can."

My dad gave him an approving smile and walk back with my mom into the pack-house.

I saw Alex glance at me. "Are you alright?"

I looked around and felt off somehow.

I turned to Alex and nodded. "Let's get going. I have a feeling that we shouldn't be here."

He looked confused but nodded anyway and lead the way back to his parent's house. He was going to stop by and get his vehicle as well as a few video games that I had insisted on him bringing. He had also commented that if he really was going to move in, that he needed more than a week's supply of clothing. Me being me agreed rather quickly -- I couldn't survive three days with less than 2 weeks of clothing! 

As we walked home, I couldn't help but notice Jackie wouldn't stop pacing.

I was about to ask her what was wrong, but before I got the chance, a bullet went right by my face.

I growled and grabbed Alex's hand and started running as fast as I could.

"Whoa, what the-?" He swore a couple of times, not seeming to know immediately what was going on.

"Hunters," I growled out as another bullet sailed past my head.

"Shit!" Alex swore again. "How'd they get on us so fast!?"

"I don't know but we need cover!" I gritted out, Alex now running right beside me.

'Dad!' I called through the mind link.

'Amber? Baby, what's wrong?' My dad's worries voice flooded my head.

'Hunters!'

Right as I said that, I heard a bunch of howls from my pack members.

'Where are you?'

'We were heading to Alex's house. We are about 5 miles from it.'

I heard him growl. 'Try and find shelter. We are coming to get you two!'

I heard him shut off the personal think before he opened up the pack link.

'Everyone get to safety. We have hunters on our land. Guards go keep the elders and the children safe. The warriors come with me!' My dad growled.

"We have to find shelter, Alex!" I yelled and jumped back as another bullet came flying towards me.

"Where?!" He asked. "We don't even know where the hunters are at."

"They are somewhere to the left of us. That's where all the bullets are coming from." I whispered to him.

"So let's turn right." He smiled and grabbed my hand.

We came to a halt and darted right.

I heard some leaves moving and it was the hunters following us.

I almost fell when I felt a billet skim my leg.

"Shit," I said as Alex picked me up.

He came to a complete stop.

I looked to see why he stopped, and I noticed four rogues in front of us.

"Of flipping course," I mumbled into his chest.

He slowly sent me down and I smirked.

Why might you ask?

"Turn around," I said smiling.

The rogues looked at me confused for a moment before their eyes widen.

They all slowly turned around and growled when they saw the warriors from my pack.

My dad came up in wolf form and stood tall and proud.

He growled loudly and I watched as the rogues flinched, but didn't back down.

They all jumped and I watched all the warriors shift.

As my dad was fighting a rogue, I saw out of the corner of my eye and hunter load his gun and point it at my dad.

I growled and shifted, ignoring Alex's low growl as I left his side. I jumped, dodging the rogue he was fighting and shoved my dad out of the way just in time for the bullet to hit me and not him. I let out a howl in pain and fell to the ground.

So this is what Alex felt? Goddam! 

I turned my head to see the bullet was in my leg. I let out a sigh of relief. If it had hit my side, I would have been toast. 

Everyone stopped fighting for a moment and just stared at me. I was letting out whimpers and my dad couldn't move from his spot. Both he and his wolf looked heartbroken.

That's when my pack withdrew any restraint. I could tell they moved from taking prisoners to showing no mercy in that instant. Some of the warriors went after the hunters, while the rest killed off all the rogues.

One hunter that got too close was intercepted by Alex, who hadn't shifted yet. I was confused as to why, but my attention was quickly moved to his safety when the hunter pulled out a pistol. Without even flinching, Alex pushed the barrel of the gun away and grabbed his arm, flipping him over his back, and wrenching the gun from the man's hand. He fired twice at the hunter afterward. 

I thanked the Moon Goddess my dad ordered Thomas to teach him hand-to-hand combat. 

He ran over to me. "Can you move?"

I tried to shift my weight to get up and whined when the pain coursed through me.

When he saw that I wasn't going to get up, he stood protectively over me and wouldn't let any come by me. It was weird seeing him do so, a human teen standing over a silver wolf that was nearly his size, but the energy that flowed from him was nothing but dominance and protectiveness. I watched him raise the stolen pistol and shoot off once or twice when helping a packmate, but otherwise his focused remained completely on me and our immediate surroundings.

Alex growled loudly at a wolf that came close, pistol raised, but stopped once he saw it was my dad. He lowered the gun and took a hesitant step to the side, looking at me with a torn expression. 

My dad shifted and pulled on a pair of basketball shorts.

"Amber!" He yelled running up to me. "Amber."

I raised my head and tried getting up. But once I put pressure on my leg, I cried out in pain and it gave out causing me to fall back down.

I went to go try to stand again, but my dad pushed me back to the ground.

He chuckled, but I saw a tear slip from his eye.

"Don't stand. It might make it worse. I'll just carry you back, okay?"

I nodded and my dad smiled.

He carefully picked me up and we began walking.

"Walk with you?" I heard Alex ask. Though it wasn't really a question. He was still an Alpha wolf and his mate was injured.

My dad looked at him and nodded.

Alex smiled gratefully. "Thank you, sir."

"Hey, Amber. You okay?" I heard as Jack jogged to catch up with us.

I nodded, licking Alex's hand as he reached over to stroke my cheek. I was a bit worried about whatever was making him use such a conflicted expression.

He breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good. What about you Alex?"

"Physically, I'm okay," he said vaguely. His voice was deeper than usual, making it clear his wolf wasn't happy. "Just worried for Amber."

Jack laughed. "Oh, the perks of having a mate." Jacked look at my dad. "Oh Alpha. I'm supposed to tell you, that we have caught a hunter. They are bringing him to a holding cell as we speak."

My dad nodded. "Okay. That's good because we can get answers out of him. I'm going to question him tomorrow."

Jack nodded. "He's also the one that shot Amber."

My dad stiffened and Alex gave a deep growl. "He is so dead."

-----------------------

Amber got shot :(

Well, keep the comments and votes coming :)

Love all of my Faithful Shifters :)

-Austin

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

479 20 27
Seventeen year old Alex is the smartest girl in her school and even town in rural England but as a abused omega in her pack she leaves in the middle...
2.3K 65 16
I'm supposed to be normal. Sure, I've got a better sense of smell, eyesight and hearing, but even with that I'm human, right? I can't stay like this...
6.2K 126 14
She is a rogue on the run from her old abusive pack and she lives for freedom. He is a possessive Alpha of the most respected and the strongest pack...
29.5K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...