Adventure Awaits in Neverland

By jackafied

Lets say that Peter Pan was never Rumplestiltskin's father but instead a boy who wished to never grow up and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Never Ending Nightmare
Chapter 2: New Arrival
Chapter 3: Lets Play A Game
Chapter 4: Aim and Shoot
Chapter 5: Laughter Fills the Air
Chapter 6: A Blushing Storm
Chapter 7: New People
Chapter 8: Death Knocking On My Door
Chapter 10: I Don't Care
Chapter 11: The Potion

Chapter 9: The Cave

70 1 0
By jackafied

LUNA'S POV

I swam up to one of the rocks on the spring that was next to the forest. I laid my head on my arms and let my skin soak up the sun's rays. I heard intense whispering in the distance and looked up, peering through the trees, oh, it's just Smee and Hook. I could see them looking over in the direction of the spring, yet they couldn't see me.

I heard Hook say, "We need her. We can finally execute our plan that we've been waiting on for so long. She's the mermaid. God, I hope Pan hasn't met her yet."

What do they mean I'm the mermaid?? Were they hoping to bait me for Peter, was this all a set up?? I ran my hand along my arms remembering where the cuts laid not too long ago, were they helping me or just using me?

As I was thinking this, dark clouds began to roll into the sky and I could no longer feel the sun's warmth. Winds came from out of nowhere and made me begin to shiver. The sky appeared as though it was starting to turn into a dark purple... are those storm clouds? I didn't plan on waiting around to find out, especially not if Hook and Smee were just using me to get back at Peter Pan or for some other kind of reason.

Peter Pan. I had almost forgotten about him.

I touched my lips, and whispered to myself, "I need to find him and let him know I'm okay."

I dove back into the depths of the water and tried to swim as quickly away as possible from the two pirates.

***

Lighting flashed under the odd-looking sky, and I could hear the roar of thunder underneath the waters.

I think I swam far enough away. I swam up to the surface and saw a cave a few feet away that could help me escape this thunder/lightning storm.

"God I hope this place isn't haunted. Well, with my luck lately, it just might be. Fish girl meets ghosts on the day she almost dies. Now wouldn't that be some story. Oh great, now I'm talking to myself." I quietly laughed to myself as I saw a rock that was under the water's surface that I could sit on, yet luckily not have to get out of the water and have my fin turn back into legs.

I sat up on the rock and wrapped my arms around my fin, "guess I should call this cave home until the storm passes. Lucky me."

I looked up at the ceiling of the cave, but it didn't appear to have a ceiling at all. In fact, it seemed as though it was going on forever in an upward direction. Huh, how weird. Well, it is Neverland after all.

I looked over my shoulder and I saw something glittery that appeared to be flying towards me. I squinted my eyes to get a better look and then all of a sudden, the little glittery thing turned into a human, no wait, a FAIRY!!

I jumped and fell back into the water, I peeked my head out of the water to get a better look, but instead found myself looking into a pair of blue eyes.

"You-You're a green fairy."

She looked down at her dress, "I mean, yeah, I suppose I'm green, but that's not my name."

"I thought green fairies only appeared on alcoholic beverages!"

She laughed, loudly, and held out a hand to help me back up onto the rock. I took it and sat back onto the rock, my tail splashing the water a bit.

She let go of my hand very quickly and gasped, "Are you real?"

"Of course, I'm real! Are you? I've never believed in..." She flew over to me so quickly and covered my mouth with her hand.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. Any time a person says they don't believe in fairies, a fairy wounds up," she took her hand and dragged it across her neck to imitate someone dying.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I guess I'm just still trying to get used to this world."

"Still trying to get used to it? What are you talking about?"

I laughed awkwardly, "It's a long story. So what did you mean 'am I real?'"

She looked at me confused and then said her next words very slowly and quietly, almost as if she was trying to make sure no one could hear us, "Well mermaids haven't been on this island for many many years."

"Why?"

"Are you serious or are you just pulling my wing?"

"No, I'm dead serious." Yikes, maybe I shouldn't say dead anymore, especially not with the day that I had.

She looked at me up and down to see if I was serious. "Hmm, well... maybe in case you're serious, I'll tell you. It's because Pan banished them."

"Pan, you mean like Peter Pan?"

"Yeah, who else would I be talking about?"

I shrugged and she continued talking, "Well Pan banished them because it was said that one conspired with Captain Hook, telling him where Pan's secret hideout was and it resulted in one of Pan's boys dying."

"You mean one of the Lost Boys?"

"Duh, now pay attention. So since Hook was able to find their hideout, it broke out into a big war among them and one of the Lost Boys died. Pan was so mad that he wanted to kill the mermaid himself that did it. But he didn't know which one conspired against him, so he banished ALL of them."

"But why did he have to banish all of them? How come he couldn't just find the one that did it?"

"Because he was betrayed and who knows how long it would have taken to find the one that told Hook his secrets! The island is better off without them anyhow," she paused, "no offense."

"Yeaaah, I take offense to that."

"Sorry. But the question is... how did you get here, how did you get past Pan?"

I felt as though I shouldn't tell her about Rumplestiltskin and how he helped me, "I'm not sure."

"Well hopefully he never meets you because he has a burning passion of hatred against mermaids."

"Oh." My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach as I broke my eye contact with the green fairy and stared into the water.

"And you want to know the weirdest part? It was said that the mermaid, the one that conspired with Hook, was no ordinary mermaid," she paused. "She could have legs on land! And you want to know the real reason she conspired with Hook?"

I nodded.

"She was sleeping with him!! I mean, he's not a bad looker but kind of has an aggression thing going on... hm, maybe that's what she liked about him."

"Wait, so you're saying it's weird that she was able to have legs on land and a tail while in the water?"

"Yeah, why?"

I climbed onto the rock that was higher than the rock I was sitting on so that I could climb out of the water. When I was on the dry rock, the sparkles began to form around my fin and it ended up turning back into legs. The fairy just stared at me with an open mouth.

A few minutes passed with silence between us.

"Since you're kinda just staring at me non-stop... and I'm kinda naked... do you mind poofing me up some clothes or something? I mean, fairies do have magic right?"

The green fairy broke her stare, cleared her throat, and responded, "Of course, yeah. Clothes. You got it."

She threw some dust from a pouch she was wearing onto a rock and once it cleared, there appeared a white flowy top, a pair of green jeans, and black boots, even with a pair of black matching undies and bra.

"Thanks." I quickly got changed into the new clothes.

The fairy trails off, "Sooooo... we should probably make our way back to my camp, mermaid. Get you out of this cave and thunderstorm. That way we can also eat and talk more."

"Luna."

"Sorry, what?"

"My name. It's Luna."

She smiled, "Nice to meet you. I'm Tinkerbell."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 133 31
Peter Pan wakes up in the real world without his memories, magic, or lost boys. He meets a girl that he falls in love with, oblivious to who he real...
2.3M 55.8K 51
A girl doomed before her own birth to be violently wanted by every person in her entire world, and then imprisoned for her entire life starting at ag...
125K 4.1K 19
What would happen if Robbie Kay one day woke up on Neverland and met the one and only Peter Pan? Will they get along? Are they the same person? How w...
224 21 14
The shadowy figure at her window would normally have been disconcerting. But something about the uncertainty that would come with the sunrise left Ma...