Technical Support

By Roll286

In a world where eighty percent of the population possesses an abnormality called a Quirk, the superhero occu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue

Chapter 18

19.4K 1K 207
By Roll286

All Might burst into the nurse's room. "Recovery Girl! How is Young Midoriya's condition!? Wha—Young Sasaki!!!" His last words were muffled with large poofs of smoke. As the smoke dispersed, his true form was revealed, coughing and blood spilling from his mouth.

"..............." The number one hero didn't dare to move a muscle. Recovery Girl sighed in annoyance, mentally admonishing him for his carelessness. Ayano simply stared at the new figure in front of her. Her face was still perfectly impassive, but she was no less surprised. It seemed like there were many more things that Midoriya was keeping secret.

After silently staring at the skinny man for a few more moments, Ayano returned her gaze to her unconscious friend. "Y-Young Sasaki, I can explain..." "There is no need. I have made my observations during the battle training. It became rather obvious after all of that."

Before he could delve into details, Ayano continued for him. "This was something that he did not share with his own mother, or even me. Clearly, it is not something meant for me or others to know. If you wish to clarify things for me, you may but again, there is no need." The man sighed in relief.

"Thank you, Young Sasa—" "However! I do have some words for you." She finally returned to looking at him. This time with a glare, causing him to gulp. "By not stopping the exercise when I and other students warned you, Izuku suffered severe damage, as did the training grounds. As a teacher, and even as an adult, this was a highly reckless and foolish act. Given your relation to him and your inexperience as a teacher, I am willing to let this be. Please do not let it happen again."

"O-Okay...You have my word." He put his hand over his heart to reinforce his sincerity. He was constantly being reminded of how hard it was to be a teacher.

Ayano gently brushed some of Midoriya's messy hair out of his face. She got up and slung her bag over her shoulder, preparing to leave. "Sasaki! You're not staying?" All Might asked. She simply shook her head, continuing to walk out. "It does not seem like he will wake up anytime soon, and I am sure that you have your own things to discuss in private. I also have someone I need to speak with." She gave a deep bow. "I apologize for any disrespect that I have shown towards you. I leave him in you care." She finished as she slid the door closed.

The brown-haired girl walked towards the Development Studio with a heavy heart. As she walked through the doors, she was met with her frowning homeroom teacher. "Sasaki, kiddo...Are you sure you want to go through with this? I know that Bakugou kid is a bit of a firecracker, but this is a pretty serious affair."

She looked him dead in the eye, simply taking the papers from his hands. "Firecracker would be a severe understatement. I have already made my decision. Please do not waste time trying to persuade me to do otherwise." She declared as she stuffed the stack of papers into her bag. Junk Master sighed, relenting.

As she left, Power Loader turned to his colleague. "You sure that was a good idea?" Junk Master continued to stare at the closed door. He smirked and looked at the man over his shoulder. "Yeah, those kids will be alright. That boy knows what he did." He pointed at his eyes. "And did you see Sasaki's eyes? She's got a good poker face for sure, but her eyes told a different story there. She won't go through with it."

Power Loader shrugged. "Whatever you say. It's your student."

Ayano stood waiting outside the gates, hoping to cross paths with a certain ash blond. She heard footsteps and was just about to stand away from the pillars when she heard a familiar voice. "Kacchan!!!" It appeared that Midoriya awoke much earlier than she had anticipated.

The girl quickly pressed her back against the pillar again, hiding herself completely. "I can't say much, but you should know this at least! I got my quirk from someone else." Her eyes widened.

Not because she didn't know that part. She had already deduced that from the battle training. She was surprised that Midoriya was revealing this to Bakugou. A piece of information so secretive that he did not tell even her or his own mother about.

Ayano sighed and her eyebrows furrowed. It seemed that she had a long way to go before she caught up to Bakugou. He really was amazing.

She was snapped out of her thoughts with Bakugou's shouting. "I...lost to you today!! And as if that weren't enough...that icy bastard! No way I can measure up to him either!!! Ponytail girl said it all, really...and even Ayano! Even Ayano...she...she!!! Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!" He started to furiously swing his arms at his side. "Why?!! You too...Deku!!!"

"From here on, I...!! From here on, y'hear me?!! I'm gonna beat you all!!!"

Ayano continued to stand with her back against the pillar. Her arms were lifeless, entire body limp. She was nearly sliding down the pillar with how loose her body was, the straps of her bag slowly falling off her shoulder. Her eyes stared off into space, her lips set into a thin line. Her ears perked at the distinct sound of Bakugou's sniffling.

"I fear that at that point, he may not know how to take that. He'll realize that he isn't some big fish in a small pond. The pond is much bigger than he thinks and there is much bigger prey than him. I have no idea how he'll react, but I doubt that this will bode well."

This wasn't how she thought he would react at all. Not by a longshot.

If anything, she believed his superiority and inferiority complex would have completely taken over him. In a sense, it had, but he was still in control somehow.

Today's events didn't bring him down. It only brought him up.

Had he really listened to what she said? Was he really repenting? Was he serious about it all? She couldn't stand his actions today, using her costume in the way that he had.

Right now though...right now...he was just like when they were younger.

"I'm gonna become the number one hero someday!"

That confidence. That determination. That perseverance. That charisma.

It was all there. It was all there, and even more.

It was something he had that she could never turn away from. Not when they were younger, and not now.

"I really don't think that I can do much for him like you believe. If I could, I wouldn't be worrying about this. The only thing I can do for him is support him as I have in the past..." She looked at her invention sitting on the table. "...and even then, it really isn't much."

Ayano bit her lip, nearly drawing blood. She looked into her bag, pulling out the stack of papers she received from Junk Master. She laid the pile flat on her palms, letting the weight of it and her actions sink in. She rubbed a hand over her face in frustration. Was this really the right choice?

Her decision was made when she heard his voice again. "Get off me, All Might. I can't walk. Needless to say, I'll be a hero who surpasses even you!!" Ayano chuckled quietly, feeling a sting in the back of her eyes that she hadn't felt in a long time. She quickly composed herself before anything came from it.

Ayano shoved the papers back into her bag when she noticed that there was a peculiar partition between the stack. She smiled, making a mental note to thank her homeroom teacher.

Bakugou finally made it to where she was standing. Noticing her, he turned away, furiously drying his tears. He mumbled into his arm, "I'll show you, too. I'll become the best hero even without your costume!" She gently smiled at him, although he was too busy rubbing at his eyes to see.

He was right. He didn't need her...but he sure as hell could benefit from her help. "The only thing I can do for him is support him as I have in the past."

As long as he was dead set on his goal from back then, she would be there. As long as he never wavered from his ideals, she would be there. As long as he would never change, she would be there.

She slowly walked towards him, handing him a stack of papers. Bakugou grit his teeth in frustration, thinking that those were the forms about him losing the rights to the costume. He saw the heading through his blurry vision.

Section IV, Clause 27 of the Support Items Act

He wasn't exactly of the right state of mind, but he was sure that she had mentioned Clause 26 and not Clause 27.

"Section IV, Clause 27 of the Support Items Act. In the event that a hero or user of the support item has redeemed themselves in the eyes of the support department or individual support item creator...the person in question may gain back rights to the support item under supervision of the creator." Bakugou's head shot up to look at Ayano. She turned her head slightly to the right, just avoiding his eyes for some reason.

"In other words...I am placing you on probation..." His eyes were wide, the tears stopping from the shock. He was about to say something, but he grit his teeth.

There were two emotions swirling in his eyes. Relief and frustration.

He was relieved. She had not fully forgiven him, but she had also not fully given up on him. Somehow. Someway. She still believed he could become a hero.

Yet, he felt like he didn't earn it. He didn't earn it at all. There should be no reason why she was forgiving him at all. He wanted this and he didn't want it at the same time. He wanted a definite confirmation from her. He wanted her unconditional, indisputable, and complete support.

Ayano saw how hard he was clutching at the papers. "You are allowed to keep the grenades, but I am confiscating one bracer. I will also be receiving reports from your teachers on your behavior to ensure that you are using my costume for its intended purpose."

When he still didn't look back up at her, she also looked down with slight sadness in her eyes. "I have no use for such a costume..." She quietly and slowly started out. "...It was meant for a great hero, not an inventor. It would be far more useful in your hands."

Bakugou raised his head, seeing Ayano about an arms-length away from him. Her head tilted down and to the side, causing her fringe to fall forward.

There was the slightest hint of pink upon her cheeks.

He was happy, but still frustrated. He relented, mumbling. "I told you that I don't need your costume or your help..." She looked at him while he was rubbing at his cheeks to remove the dry tear marks. "...But if you don't need it...I guess I could...hold onto it for you."

Ayano released a single breath of laughter, smiling at the words he used to say so often as a child. "You really haven't changed at all..." She laughed to herself again at the irony of her words.

Bakugou's eyes didn't leave her features for a second, incredible relief filling his own. Her smile was back and the glower that he feared was no longer there.

Noticing his stare, she tried covering for herself. "You're still such a crybaby, even now."

"SHUT UP!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 413 75
Stripped away from her home, Hina Tanaka was taken to a parallel dimension by the newly established villain group 'The New Villain Alliance'. When sh...
32.1K 944 16
"Damn...Your quirk really does fit your personality." "What the hell are you going on about?" "Y'know, you're personality is pretty...EXPLOSIVE." "OH...
58.4K 1.1K 30
๐˜/๐ ๐‹/๐, ๐€ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ ๐๐Ž๐‘๐ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐Ž a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...
59.5K 1.8K 33
๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ… #1 KatsukiBakugou ๐Ÿ…#1 Bakugo There are very little amount of things that Katsuki Bakugou truly likes in his life, for example, All Might, figh...