-BOOK 1 OF 3- Something On Th...

By rac06h10ael

==COMPLETED== Anthony's had a secret. Only he and one other person knew what it was. And that person was Cass... More

[Introduction] Ten Thirty
[Chapter 1] Acquaintances With Benefits
[Chapter 3] The Dinner
[Chapter 4] He Wouldn't Cheat On You
[Chapter 5] Something On The Side
[Chapter 6] We Don't Bite
[Chapter 7] Time For Her (Short Flashback Chapter)
[Chapter 8] Are You Serious?
[Chapter 9] No Difference
[Chapter 10] Things Would Be Different
[Chapter 11] CSCJ
[Chapter 12] Group Hug
[Chapter 13] Nothing More
[Chapter 14] Sob Story
[Chapter 15] It Wasn't Right
[Chapter 16] Catch Up
[Chapter 17] Why Do You Care?
[Chapter 18] Just Friends
[Chapter 19] Who Was That?
[Chapter 20] Another Version
[Chapter 21] I Quit
LINK TO SEQUEL

[Chapter 2] Nothing Serious

382 14 3
By rac06h10ael

Author's Note: Okay, so if you read the last chapter before I updated it, I made the change that instead of Anthony dating Kalel that they're actually engaged. Just wanted to make sure you know that before you read on. Anyways, hope you like the chapter! -rac06h10ael

-Anthony's POV-

I was sitting on the edge my bed, looking at a picture on my phone. It was of Cassidy and me the first night we met. The two of us had both gone to a club that night, I was actually there with Dan and Phil (they were in California at the time). In the picture, she and I were on the dance floor. She was wearing a black dress with straps that crossed in the back that she paired with a denim jacket and a pair of black flats. I wore a t-shirt with a black button up shirt over it, sleeves rolled up. I heaved a sigh as I remembered that night.

I squeezed into one of the bar stools at the crowded bar and got the attention of one of the bartenders. "Two beers and a coke please!" I practically yelled because of all the noise. He nodded his head in understanding and walked away to get my drinks. As I sat there, I noticed the person sitting next to me looking at me. It was a girl who looked to be in her young twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

She stared at me for a little longer before saying, "Aren't you that guy from YouTube?"

I smirked and moved a little closer to her, "Well that depends..."

"Isn't your channel something like...Smosh?"

'Yeah," I smiled, happy she didn't mispronounce it,"Yeah it is. Are you a fan?"

"Not really," She told me. I nodded my head, slightly disappointed that she wasn't a fan. "My best friend is, though. She's been watching since you guys started."

"Oh cool."

The bartender came back with my drinks and gave me the total. I pulled out some cash and handed it to him. He took the money and walked away. I picked up all three drinks in my hands and walked away. I handed my friends their drinks.

The three of we guys talked for a little before they sent me back to get more drinks. I was hoping that the girl I talked to earlier would be there again so we could finish our conversation, but she wasn't. I frowned. I got the drinks and brought them over back to the table we were sitting at.

"We should dance," Dan suggested as he took the plastic cup and downed the alcoholic beverage.

"I'm fine right here," Phil retorted with a nervous chuckle.

Dan slammed the empty cup down and grabbed my hand, "Fine, Anthony and I will dance then." I tried to object, but before I could, Dan dragged me out to the over-crowded dance floor where the DJ was playing all the newest tunes. Dan literally threw me onto the dance floor, causing me to fall into someone.

"What the f-?" The person I fell into began to say as I got myself together. I looked up and realized it was the girl from the bar. A smile grew on her face, "Hey, it's you."

"It's you!" I retorted with a slight laugh, still somewhat in shock.

"You said you're that guy from Smosh, right?" She clarified. I shook my head yes, "My friend made me watch one of your videos once."

"Yeah, what'd you think?"

"I thought the video was...okay. But only because you looked so handsome," She replied. In the darkness of the club, I could see her cheeks blush. "I'm Cassidy, by the way." She stuck her hand out for a handshake.

I placed my hand in hers and shook it up and down once, "Anthony."

"Why don't we go somewhere less crowded so I don't have to shout over the music just to ask you a question?" Cassidy suggested loudly.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Dan was back at the table, watching me and Cassidy with a goofy grin on his face. I looked back at Cassidy and replied just as loudly, "Sounds like a good idea!"

She smiled and interlocked her fingers with mine, taking me to the bar and ordering us two drinks before directing me into the back, through a dark hallway, and up a couple of flights of stairs that led up to the roof, where there was a fairly large swimming pool that glowed a brilliant aquamarine color.

"How'd you know to come up here?" I asked her as she walked up to the pool side, kicked her shoes off, and sat down, dipping her feet into the deep end of the pool. I joined her side.

"My ex-boyfriend used to take me up here all the time," She answered, putting the plastic cup filled with beer up to her lips and taking a sip, "His dad knows the guy who owns the bar."

There was a long pause of silence before I blurted out, "You said you weren't really a fan of Smosh. Why is that?"

"I don't go on the Internet all that much. I'm more of a musician - don't really have time to go on."

"A musician, huh?"

She nodded her head, "Yup. Drums, guitar, bass, piano, saxophone, everything. I even can play the ukulele."

"Really?"

Cassidy laughed, "Yes. My mom taught me when I was six."

"I've never met a girl who could play ukulele before."

"Well now you have."

Another awkward pause of silence. Cassidy set her beer down, stood up, and stripped herself of her jacket. She backed up until she was near the fence that lined the edge of the roof. She looked at me with a smirk.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, getting up myself.

"Jumping in!" She exclaimed before bolting forward, leaping into the air, and breaking the surface of the water, shooting water up into the air. A few drops of water stained my clothes. She resurfaced, laughed, and ran her fingers through her wet hair. She looked over at me and shouted, "Come on in! The water's wonderful!" She made a 360 degree spin.

"I really shouldn't..."

"What? Are you afraid of the water?" She teased, "Or of me?"

I shook my head and laughed, "Neither."

"Then jump in!"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine." I slipped my shirt over my head and dropped it to the ground, along with my socks and shoes. I pulled my cell phone out and set it down on top of my pile of clothes. I walked over to where Cassidy started and ran forward, jumping into the pool. I came back up and shook my hair out.

"Now was that so bad?" She asked from the shallow end of the pool she moved to so she wouldn't get jumped on. I looked over at her and smirked. I swam over to her, eventually setting my feet on the ground of the pool and walking up to her and taking her hands in mine. She was sitting on the edge of the pool, her legs swaying back and forth and head tilted up. "Have you ever looked up in the sky and noticed how beautiful it actually is?"

I looked up at the navy sky that was speckled in white. It was a perfect night out, not a cloud in sight. There was even a shooting star. "Yeah. I have."

I looked back at her and saw she was looking at me. She slipped her hand out of my hold and pushed a clump of my hair that stuck to my face back. "My friend likes the other guy better," She randomly told me.

"Ian?"

"Yeah. She says he's funnier and better looking." Cassidy slipped back into the pool and stood in front of me, so close that our toes were almost touching. "I disagree."

Since she was about six inches shorter than me, she stood up on her tiptoes and pressed her lips against mine. Now, if I hadn't been intoxicated and remembered I had a fiance (*cough cough* Kalel), what happened next probably wouldn't have happened.

I kissed her back, wrapping my arms around her back and pulling her closer to me. She lifted her legs up, wrapping them around my waist. A little while later, I took her back to my place (Dan and Phil left me a note on the table they were sitting at saying they took a cab to the hotel they were staying in. Dan also left me a little note under that that read: I want you to tell me all about this girl tomorrow followed by a winking face).

As soon as we stepped through the door of my apartment I lived in at the time, we kissed each other and started heading towards my bedroom, stripping ourselves of our still soaked clothes.

As the night progressed, while I was kissing Cassidy on her neck, I heard her say, "Anthony?"

"What?" I quickly asked before pressing my lips against her neck again.

"This is nothing serious, right?"

I stopped and slightly lifted myself up off of her, "Why do you ask?"

She met my gaze and sighed, "I don't know, I just..." She turned her head to the side, "I don't want anything serious to come out of this." I stared at her blankly, not really understanding her. Probably because I couldn't think straight. She looked back at me, "I hope you understand."

"Yeah, totally," I replied, running my hands through my hair, "I don't want anything serious either."

A smirk grew on her face as the two of us leaned in and went back to kissing each other.

*****

I woke up in bed, confused beyond belief. I couldn't remember a damn thing from last night. I sat up and watched as a piece of paper fell to the ground. I leaned over the edge and picked it up. It was a number. I raised my eyebrow in confusion before deciding to call the number. It rang for a little before sending me to voicemail.

A girl's voice, Cassidy's voice, sounded, "Hey! I'm sorry I couldn't pick up. I'll get back to you as soon as possible!" Then the automated voice added that I should leave a message and press some number to leave a call back number.

She called me back that day. Ever since then, the two of us have stayed in contact in secret. It started out by just seeing each other and hooking up just on the off chance we were both at the club we first met at. Four months in from us meeting, we made plans to meet up at the club. A month later, we skipped meeting up at the club and went straight to either my apartment or hers. That was about every three or four weeks. Now it was every other week for about three days at a time.

The excuse I told Kalel? That Ian and I were filming a Smosh video. And don't get me wrong, sometimes I was actually doing what I said. But then I would meet up with Cass because she lived near the Smosh house where Ian and I film most of our videos (she lived in San Francisco which was an hour and a half away from Sacramento).

I locked my phone and lied back, staring at the ceiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 517 26
Starting out with just a meet and greet at Vidcon, ended up getting a chance of working for Smosh. Not to mention, a chance getting to hang out with...
47.2K 1.2K 26
{CHAPTER FIC, COMPLETED, FLUFF/SADNESS/SLIGHT ANGST/POSSIBLE TRIGGER} It all starts with one phone call. Next comes a hospital visit. Then worrying...
14.5K 441 23
Welcome to WriteBack, an app where you could throw back to the 90s and talk to people without knowing their names, addresses, appearances, and more...
10.8K 478 10
{COMPLETED} Pete has had a little crush on Patrick ever since he first set foot in the music store Pete worked at. Patrick kept returning, making Pet...