To Be or Not to Be [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

(Book 6) I'm awkward, easily confused, obsessed with cartoons, and candy. Thirty-two and I can't even make th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Six

107K 3.7K 3K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Six (Tristian)

"So... Let me get this straight. He was bit by a spider and now he has super powers? I think he just needed an excuse to wear tights."

Seeing a movie was a bad idea, I thought with a grimace as I sank down in my seat, balancing a small bucket of popcorn on my knee and a Mountain Dew in the other. Rex kept asking the dumbest questions as the movie went on and thank goodness the movie had been out for a while so not that many people flooded the theater. Even so, Rex was driving me nuts because I could tell he was getting restless. I sighed, tilting my head to glance up at him-- seeing as I had sunk very low in my seat.

"If you don't wanna watch, we can leave." I deadpanned. Rex blinked, then smiled at me as he withdrew a Reese's.

"Of course I wanna watch. I've just never seen any of these sorta movies before and I'm lost half the time." He answered, then held the Reese's out to me. I frowned, cocking my head at him and he brought it to my lips. I hesitated, glancing around to see that everyone else was focused on the movie. I parted my lips and Rex slipped the Reese's into my mouth-- with his finger. I felt my face get hot as he pressed the chocolate and peanut butter around on my tongue before taking his finger out and putting it in his mouth.

"That's gross." I grumbled, looking away. Rex looked perplexed.

"Really? I love chocolate, peanut butter, and Tristian. Delicious combination." He added with a wink, making me shiver and look away. I tried to focus on the movie, but it was so hard now because I kept thinking about the incident in my apartment. The fact that I, again, came so easily like that was embarrassing. And with a guy no less!

Something about Rex was weird. He was trying to get in my pants and turn me gay-- or... Well, bring the gay out in me, but I couldn't possibly be gay. Of course I'd get horny when he did that! It was completely logical, right? I mean, if a girl had done it...

A girl wouldn't have done it, a voice in my head argued. Girls don't even like you anymore because you're too much of a shut in to enjoy them. That or you really are gay.

I squeezed my eyes shut, mentally trying to shoo the voice away as I took a deep breath. I couldn't be gay. I didn't like Rex like that and I think he was mixing up lust and love because we technically just met. You can't fall in love with someone that fast. Can you?

Then again. Rick claimed that he fell for Devin the moment he saw him.

Great. Another Rick. Just what I need.

Except, there was a difference in attitude, just not persistence. Rex wasn't mean or nasty. He was actually kind of nice and friendly, but it was the fact that he was persistent that freaked me out. You tell him no and he hears yes.

By the time the movie ended, I made a note to watch it again since I missed more than half of it because either Rex was talking or I was thinking. We threw our things away and headed outside to a cloudy day before Rex openly took my hand and started to take me down the sidewalk. I grimaced.

"Just cuz we're on a date don't mean you gotta do that." I grumbled, trying to wiggle my hand away from him, but he gripped me tightly and I winced, giving up in case he decided to crush my hand. Rex grinned.

"Of course I do. That way, the guy who's watching you doesn't think you're avaliable." He answered matter-of-factly. I blinked, caught off guard.

"What guy watchin' me?" I asked, confused. Rex raised an eyebrow.

"Sweetie, he's been watching you since we came out of the theater." He stated, his eyes drifting to something behind me. I passed a quick glance over my shoulder and sure enough, there was a guy staring at me and gave me a quick smile before he disappeared into one of the nearby shops.

I blushed in embarrassment and looked back at Rex, who smirked at me as he folded his arms over his chest.

"You need to be more watchful."

"He looked harmless."

"Didn't I look harmless at first?" Rex asked, tilting his head. I scrunched up my nose, shaking my head.

"Yer like a wrestler wearin' designer clothin'. You ain't harmless." I drawled, making Rex shrug before he took my hand again and we continued down the sidewalk to the restaurant. I wanted to rip my hand away again, but for some reason, I got a chill up my back, so I didn't argue.

 I didn't want another stalker like Anthony. Already I was wondering why he hadn't jumped me the moment I came out of my apartment. Was it because Rex was with me? If so, I wasn't going to complain as much anymore about having him with me. If it meant that Anthony was kept at bay, then I'd easily put up with Rex.

A little nagging voice at the back of my head asked me what the difference between the two was. After all, Anthony's intentions were evil, just like Rex's. Only Rex actually went through and did those things to me.

But you didn't dislike it, did you? I cringed and shook my head, trying to distract myself with the smell of food that wavered out of the Old Country Buffet. The homemade food made my stomach clench and growl as I managed to break away from Rex, who just smirked at me as he got our table and I just went straight for the food.

Every time I came here, I piled my plate high. It was rare to get anything that wasn't microwavable or doused in sugary sweetness.

I plopped down in my seat and dug in. Rex came back with a half-full plate and ate more daintily than I did. He may look like a buff man with an attitude, but he really was just a feminine gay. At least, that's how I saw it because there was no way, despite everything that happened, that I would let Rex take me.

I was a man too, and I deserved to be treated like one. I may not be the strongest, but I sure could take a lot without complaining. And by that, I mean pain, not having to go on a date with my best friend's boyfriend's friend...

"Since this is a date," Rex said, making me glance up past my hair, "Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself? Quite honestly, I hardly know a thing."

"Cuz we met yesterday," I drawled, taking a gulp of soda before glancing at Rex pointedly, "Which brings me to ask, why the hell do you think you adore me 'er whatever you said before." Rex blinked, then smiled brightly.

"Well. When you first walked in, I'll admit, I was attracted to the way you look, which is a shocker for me. I'm a sucker for blondies, but you're the first brunette that turned me on that much."

"I'm eatin'."

"You asked."

"Touche. So, what? You just like me cuz I'm attractive?" I asked dryly, reaching up to look at my almost black hair for a moment before looking at Rex, who smiled as he leaned on his elbows on the table.

"It was like that at first, but I liked hearing your accent too. It's adorable. Then I liked you talking about whatever. You seem interesting and I like boys who make me work for their affections. It's like a game of cat and mouse." He responded, making my cheeks get hot. I looked down at my meal for a moment, then scowled.

"You can't just fall in love with someone at first glance. That ain't love. It's just you gettin' perverted." I accused. Rex looked surprised.

"Oh, what? You don't believe in love at first sight?"

"I don't believe in it in general."

"You're lying."

"How do you know?"

"Because. I just know. Haven't you ever felt like someone you met was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with? Someone you could trust and get along with?" Rex asked, cocking his head. I frowned a little, nibbling on the crust of some bread thoughtfully.

I honestly couldn't think of anyone. I've had girlfriends, sure, but recently, I've lost interest. I couldn't keep a girlfriend and even while we dated, it felt more like something I had to do, not something I wanted to do.

"No." I answered at last. Rex studied me for a while, then smiled warmly.

"Well, I'm sure that'll change someday. Especially since I want to take you on another date." He added, shrugging as he took a bite of food. I looked up at him in disbelief.

"Are you kiddin' me? I'm borin'. I'm... childish. I have a stalker. I'm poor. I'm way younger than you."

"Hey, now," Rex warned, waving his fork at me, "I am not old. I'm still in my prime."

"I thought the prime was twenty-eight."

"That's when you gain maturity."

"So, what? Yer twenty-four?" I asked sarcastically. Rex laughed and for some reason, that made me blush and look away as he sobered, taking a drink of his beer before studying my face again.

"Sweetheart, you are not boring. I'm entertained just by watching you. So what if you're in love with cartoons and superheroes? Everyone needs a superhero. And I don't think having a stalker makes you unavaliable. Also, if you're so poor, you wouldn't be going to college." He explained matter-of-factly, making my lips twitch toward a smile, but I worked it back to a frown.

"But that's where all my money goes. College. I hardly have enough to get decent food... I hate livin' on microwave meals and candy." I admitted, feeling a little embarrassed by confessing. Rex seemed pleased that I spoke to him, though, and leaned forward.

"Why don't you try to cook?" He asked. I felt my face get red all the way to the tips of my ears as I shifted uncomfortably.

"I almost burnt my kitchen down three times. Three times that I remember anyway." I confessed, making Rex smile.

"Is that so? If you'd like, I can teach you how to cook. How about tomorrow at six? I'll come over and we can try cooking a dinner together." He offered. I blinked, then studied him suspiciously, folding my arms over my chest.

"This ain't another trick to molest me, is it?" I asked cautiously. Rex shook his head and held up his hand.

"I promise, I won't lay hands on you, unless you ask me too."

"Trust me, I won't."

"We'll see." Rex responded cheekily, making me roll my eyes. We finished eating, mostly Rex doing the talking, but I was fine by that. I was never much of a talker. I was always afraid of saying something stupid or irrelevant. Besides, Rex had a more interesting life than I did. The only thing I had to show for was a stalker and that wasn't even my life. Anthony's life was probably more interesting-- to him anyway. Then again, he was watching me, of all people.

Rex had two homes and a wonderful job as well as a dog named Coco. The name made me smirk and he went on to talk about his family. I felt a little ache in my chest as he explained that his mother had moved to New York City where they were originally from. It explained Rex's Brooklyn accent, I guess. Apparently Rex's father had died of cancer and the thought made me grimace. I didn't know what to say, but Rex didn't seem upset by it as he smiled.

"We weren't too surprised by the diagnosis. We just lived out the last few months with him as best we could. I'm positive he died happy. He left behind enough money for my mom to go to New York and finish out their business proposals, and so she could get a nice penthouse. I used my share to buy my other house." He explained with a nod. He looked at me as if he were expecting a response, but I only managed a mumbled apology that made him laugh as he brushed it off and moved on to talk about California.

The ache still thrummed in my chest, which made it near impossible to smile. I managed to fake a few and I was actually surprised that Rex kept things going smoothly.

Maybe he wasn't so bad after all...

We headed out and back to my apartment where Rex and I stood by the door. It was cold out now that it was dark and I shivered a little, glancing up at my apartment building, then at Rex, who smiled warmly.

"Uhm," I said at last, "Thanks, I guess. That wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be." Rex laughed.

"Because we had fun. And tomorrow will be even better. I'll bring some things over so we can make a dinner big enough for me and your four stomachs." He joked, making me blush again. I sighed, my breath coming out in a cloud. Rex smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, Tristian." He stated.

"Uhm, mkay." I answered hesitantly. He smiled a little more, then leaned and I squeezed my eyes shut, holding my breath and expecting him to just flat out kiss me on the lips and embarrass me, but I felt his lips touch my forehead, making me blink and look at him. He didn't say anything, just waved before heading to the parking lot to his truck.

I watched him leave, shifting uncomfortably as I rubbed at my forehead.

He was so embarrassing.

"So, you'll let him put hands on you, but I'm not good enough?" I jumped and whipped around to see Anthony leaning on the wall of my apartment building, having hidden in the shadows. He pushed off the wall and stepped into the light of the street lamp. He looked like hell. His hair was touseled and greasy as if he hadn't slept in a while. He wore a long black trench coat, matching turtleneck and jeans underneath. He hadn't shaven in days it seemed.

"I didn't let him." I snapped, shoving my hands into the pockets of my beige jacket. Anthony made a face, putting a hand on his hip.

"Oh, sure you didn't. Because you were trying to put up an invisible shield to block him. I see how it is. Are you that much of a prick, Tristian?" He demanded. I glared at him.

"I ain't puttin' up with you no more. If yer gonna come 'round here to harrass me anymore, I'm gonna call the cops--"

"Oh, please," Anthony spat, "You wouldn't do that. It'd create a big mess and do you really want everyone at school to hate you because you got their favorite teacher arrested?" I stiffened, clenching my fists tightly at my sides before I scowled at him, whirling to head into the apartment building, but an iron grip caught my wrist and swung me around. I gasped and almost lost my balance until Anthony pinned me against the wall, my wrists firmly in his grasp.

"Get off me!" I protested angrily, trying to rip my wrists free to no avail. I hissed past clenched teeth, narrowing my eyes and trying to kick him, but he shoved his knee between my legs. I gasped, my body shaking in pain and discomfort as he crushed his knee up against my groin.

"I watched you two, you know," Anthony sneered, making me wince and peer up at him past the pain, "The way he touched you and you were squirming for him. You're just a little slutty tease, aren't you? You kept saying no, but your body was saying yes. Is that what you do when I'm around? You're just teasing me? I didn't think you were such a whore, Tristian."

"F-Fuck you," I spat right in his face, watching him grimace and stumble back, "I ain't like you! And I ain't scared of people hating me! If it means I'm alive and safe, then fuck it! I will report you!" Anthony glared at him, wiping the saliva off his face and at the same time, swung his hand around and smacked me across the face.

I gasped, my ears ringing as I hit the wall, digging my nails into the siding as I managed to catch my balance before falling. My cheek throbbed in pain and I swore I tasted metallic blood under my tongue. I went to touch my cheek, but Anthony grabbed my wrist and jerked me up against him, his other arm going around my waist tightly.

"Quit playing hard to get," Anthony pleaded, his anger fading to sorrow as he gripped me tighter, "I love you more than that other freak does. I'll treat you way better."

"Get off me! Stop touchin' me, asshole!" I snarled and brought my knee up sharply between his legs. Anthony coughed and stumbled back. I almost felt sorry for him because I knew that agony, but I didn't let myself as I remembered the whole reason I did it. I stepped back, but didn't bother to wait around. I whipped around and went into the apartment building, rushing past the owner, who looked up in confusion.

I bolted up the stairs and to my apartment room, fumbling with the keys before I managed to get in and lock the door. I went to the curtains and pulled them shut after locking the windows. I went to the sofa and sat down stiffly, staring at the blank television screen.

That was scary, I realized at last when I touched my chest, feeling my heart pound. I shuddered and got up, throwing my jacket off. I went to the freezer and got out an ice pack, holding it to my cheek as I pulled a microwave meal. I warmed it up and went to the phone.

I hesitated for only a split second before picking it up and dialing Ace's number. I nibbled my lower lip, waiting and sighing in relief as Ace picked up.

"Ace?"

"Tristian? You're actually using the phone?"

"I don't know what to do. Anthony was at my apartment when Rex dropped me off."

"Wait, whoa. Hold up. Rex?" Shit. Ace didn't know. I shifted uncomfortably, then flopped back on the sofa, letting the ice pack rest between my cheek and the sofa as I held the phone over my head, turning it to speaker phone.

"Rex was buggin' me and buggin' me to go out somewhere with him, so I did, but that ain't my problem, Ace. Anthony was waitin' for me."

"Are you all right? What happened?" Ace demanded in concern. I took a deep breath and explained to him everything from the moment Rex dropped me off to the moment I got into the apartment. I even mentioned Anthony dropping by yesterday. Ace just listened silently, pausing to curse under his breath every so often.

"I need to call the cops, but what if they can't do nothin' about it, Ace? What if Anthony ain't at home when they show up? And don't I need proof that he's stalkin' me?"

"All right, calm down... Firstly, it's not safe that you're home alone, even in an apartment building. I think you should come over and stay at our house for a while."

"I don't wanna leave." I managed, sitting up and holding the ice pack to my face as I set the phone between my feet. Ace sighed and something crackled before he spoke.

"I'll come over there. And you need to tell me everything, including what's going on between you and Rex."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"What're you getting defensive for?"

"Cuz! You act like I'm doin' somethin' dangerous 'er gross with him and I ain't!"

"Just dating him is gross, Tristian."

"I ain't datin' him!"

"Whatever. Just get ready. I'm gonna pick you up."

"You can't," I blurted stupidly, grimacing as the ice pack fell off my face when I reached for the phone, "Rex is comin' over at six tomorrow to help me with somethin'."

"Jesus, Tristian. Well, did you lock all the doors? Windows?" Ace asked for confirmation as something shuffled in the background. I scanned the only entrances into the living room and drifted through the rooms to check the windows, pausing to peer out the curtains down at the front of the building, but no one was there.

"All locked." I assured, coming back to the living room for the ice pack.

"All right... So long as everything's locked. You're on the second floor, right?"

"Yea."

"So he can't just climb without getting caught. There's cameras, right?"

"Yea, in the main lobby and on the stair cases."

"Good... Call me again tomorrow morning, just so I know you're all right, got it?" Ace demanded, taking on that fatherly tone. I nodded, mumbling a "yes" under my breath before we hung up and I went back to making my microwave dinner. I sat in front of the television, turning it to Cartoon Network, but it was too hard to concentrate.

My cheek hurt and one look in the bathroom mirror later on proved that Anthony packed a punch. A bruise was forming on my cheek, curving under my eye. I sighed, cupping a hand over it for a second before stripping down and taking a shower.

Part of me wanted to go to sleep so the next day would come, but I was too wired from the incident with Anthony, so I reluctantly went to the sofa and threw myself down, watching the cartoons chase each other across the screen.

I hated living alone, I realized with a yawn, tugging my blanket over me as a commercial came on. I didn't feel as safe and I was constantly lonely. I never thought about it before until now. I couldn't believe I enjoyed that date with Rex so much that I agreed to a second.

My cheeks felt hot as I remembered the day before when Rex showed up after another run in with Anthony. I hadn't expected Rex to jump me like that. Or maybe I did? Was I hoping for it? I sat up, staring at the screen for a while, holding the blankets around me.

Maybe Rex was right... I mean, it didn't feel as disgusting as I thought it would. It actually felt... kind of nice. He was skilled, I'd give him that much. He knew what he was doing and he did it well, even though I was pushing him away.

I nibbled my lower lip, sliding my hand along my thigh to my groin, grimacing.

Fantastic.

All I have to do is think about him touching me and I was getting hard. I guess I really was gay. Or, was it possible to only like one guy and not any others? Would that still be considered gay? I had no idea. I'd never thought about this kind of stuff before. I never had time.

Then comes in Rex. He's flamboyant and open-minded, cheery and smart too. He also knew that I was confused and just pushed that aside because he knew me better than I knew myself. He kept touching me when I said not to.

Maybe I am a tease, I thought guiltily as I slipped my hand past the waistband of my boxers, holding my breath as I cupped myself. My toes curled and I held my breath, trying to keep quiet, even though the apartment was empty, except me.

I panted, spreading my legs and squeezing my eyes shut as I thought about the way Rex touched me and practically narrated it. If he was that bad with just jacking me off, how bad would he be if we ever went all the way? What was all the way with a man anyway? Could I even handle it?

I moaned, tilting my head back as I came hard, my body trembling as I felt Rex's name leave my lips. I slumped to the sofa on my side, grimacing in disgust at myself.

I'm so disgusting.

I had to stop thinking about all of this. And what the hell was that anyway? Thinking about going all the way with Rex. Impossible. I didn't know what I was doing... And... Did I even like Rex that much?

Did I love Rex or was I just scared of being alone? Was there even a difference?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 6.4K 55
[boyxboy] Cameron Patterson and Aaron Williams have hated each other for as long as either of them can remember. Because they play positions that cou...
102K 3.5K 26
Aiden had moved to a small town, not knowing what it was really about. What he thought was a small, friendly town is actually something more dangero...
19.7K 810 25
{ Regards on my behalf, I'm pleased to introduce the two strangers who suddenly met by chance not knowing they're soon to be each other's half.} { Co...
191K 2.8K 39
This is just a inspired book do not give me to much credit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ am just having fun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and am bored (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) have fun reading this book