A Descendant Unlike The Others

By FireandRain17

Lilith is Maleficent's adopted daughter. Alongside Mal, she is the darling little wicked of the Isle of the L... More

Author's Note
Prologue, Part 1- Finding Lilith
Prologue, Part 2 - Exiling the Princess
Chapter 1- This is the Story of Two Wicked Sisters
Chapter 2- She's Back, But Not For Long
Chapter 3 - Mean Girls
Chapter 4 - Hell Raiser
Chapter 5- Operation Take Down Evie, Or Else
Chapter 6- Let the Fur Fly
Chapter 7- Evil lives... Long Live Evil?
Chapter 8 - Evil Enrichments
Chapter 10 - Lifelong Frenemies
Authors Note
Chapter 11- Chaos is in the Air
Chapter 12 - Four Becomes Five and Chaos on the Rise

Chapter 9 - Thick as Thieves

97 3 0
By FireandRain17

Loki Laufeyson's Sceptre of Chaos was no mere decorative staff, it was a tool for the finest chaos and darkest schemes. In terms of power, it matched Maleficent's Dragon's Eye.

The Sceptre of Chaos was a replica of the scepter that Loki had invaded Midgad/Earth with, only the Sceptre of Chaos was constructed out of an unbreakable Asgardian metal and the blue stone in it's razor - blade tip radiated a force of chaos so powerful that it could drive weak - minded victims insane. It had, admittedly, taken a toll on Loki's mind to control the Chaos, but no one really noticed - Loki had always been a bit insane, what was a bit more madness other than his average behavior?

Lilith closed her eyes and concentrated. She tuned out the sound of Mal throwing pebbles at the Jafar's Junk Shop window, trying to get a hold of Jay; she tuned out the feeling of the earth under her feet; she tuned out the stable, sour, musty scent of the air; she was just floating in nothingness, exposed to everything and anything sorcerous that might stray near her.

And she felt it.

A thin current of Chaos force, weaving over the island, seeping an unsettling, hyperactive and malevolent aura in the air. Mixed with the power of the Dragon's Eye, it was terrible and powerful. The Chaos called to her, beckoned her to come seize her father's Sceptre, control the utter Chaos it radiated, and wreaked havoc, take revenge and those who took her father away.

Mal took her hand and could feel what Lilith sensed. "Wow... that... thing's awake? That's the Chaos your father controlled? That's ... powerful. Terrible. Chaotic." Mal murmured.

"Beyond any evil you've felt before?" Lilith guessed. "Imagine how strong it is for me, the Daughter of Chaos."

"Lilith?" Jay said, "You alright?"

Lilith nodded. "Yeah. Fine. But ... did Mal talk to you already?"

Jay nodded. "Yeah. Let's step inside."

Mal and Lilith looked around the messy shop and Mal noticed a few things in a pile that were hers. She took them back with no comment. However, she did notice that Jay had nothing of Lilith that was stolen. Which, she guessed, was fine considering what had happened when they were seven, but it was still strange. Mal had once given Jay a concussion when he stole something of hers, and he still stole from her. Why didn't he try to take from Lilith?

Lilith spotted a nice bracelet made of twine and shiny - ish black rocks. She took it off the shelf and glanced at Jay, hoping he wasn't watching. He was, but the second she looked over, he looked down and pretended to inspect a beaker he'd pulled out of his pocket.

"Where'd you get that?" Lilith asked, pocketing the bracelet. Jay shrugged. "Reza had it in his bag. He was all protective about it, so I took it." Jay explained with a mischievous smile. Sometimes, Lilith could imagine Jay as a younger, magic - less Loki, Jay was so good at lies and mischief.

"Listen, I know you don't think we can, but we need to get to the Dragon's Eye and Sceptre of Chaos." Lilith said. Jay blinked, "Wait, Sceptre of Chaos? Loki's scepter is on the island and it's awake?

"Yeah." Mal said impatiently.

Jay took a breath before continuing. "But are you really serious? I mean your mom is a little crazy in the horn - head."

Lilith rolled her eyes. "You can't deny that Diablo's back. He was frozen in stone, but he's returned now. He's eaten almost everything in the cupboards."

"Whoa."

"I know, right?"

"I think lago is the same way." Jay said. " He eats more than my dad and I combined."

They all shared a chuckle.

"Good - I was hoping to start searching as soon as possible." Mal said.

Jay was about to agree when he turned around, his reflexes swift and suspicious. "What's that noise?" He asked, just as the door to the back room broke open an Jafar tumbled through, lago sitting on his stomach.

"I told you that you were too fat to lean on the door!" Lago scolded.

Mal had to grab Lilith wrist to restrain the Lokidottir from firing bolt of green fire.

Jafar made a valiant attempt to take back his dignity, pulling himself up to stand and brushed the debris and detritus from his hair. "Oh, we were just about to ask which of the three of you wanted dinner, weren't we, Lago? But we couldn't help but overhear ... forgive me if we are wrong, but did you say that Maleficent's Dragon's Eye an Loki's Sceptre of Chaos are lost somewhere on this island?" He asked, dark eyes gleaming.

Mal and Lilith narrowed their eyes as Jay, mentally berating him for not finding a suitably secret place to talk.

Jafar looked solemnly at the three teens in front of me. "Follow me. It's time we had a real talk."

He let them to his private sitting room in the bag of the store, a cozy den full of jewel - toned curtains and Oriental rugs, tufted satin pillows and brass lamps and sconces that gave it a mournful, exotic, desert air. Jafar took a seat on one of the long, low couched and motioned for them to make themselves comfortable on the ottomans. "When I was whizzing through the air, I saw what seemed to be a forrest, but upon closer observation, was actually a castle covered in thorns."

"Another castle?" Mal said.

"What did it look like?" Lilith asked eagerly. "Dark and medieval, made of darks stone? Or like an island, built into a mountain?"

"Hmm, black and medieval." Jafar said. Lilith gronned at Mal. Maleficent's Forbidden Fortress."

Jafar pulled on his raggedy beard. "Yes. But I'm afraid I can't be exactly sure of where it is through. This island is larger than you think. You could search forever and never find it, especially if it is located in the Forbidden Zone."

"Never!" Repeated Lago with a ruffle of his feathers.

"That's what I said." Jay said with a nod.

"I had completely forgotten about seeing the fortress until now, when you mentioned Diablo's return and his testimony that he saw the Dragon's Eye and Sceptre of Chaos himself."

"But why would it be there." Jay said, "Not only the Dragon's Eye, but the Sceptre of Chaos - why would it be in the Forbidden Fortress instead of... where did you and Loki live, Lilith?"

"The Citadel of Cerevan." Lilith said, "Also known as the Castle of Chaos. Cerevan was the first Chaos master. His brother, Ymir, was the father of the Frost Giant race. But Jay's right, why did they put the Dragon's Eye and Sceptre of Chaos on the isle?"

Jafar explained, "These things were too dangerous to keep in Aurodon, and they didn't want to just leave the Sceptre of Chaos in the Citadel, where any sorcerer powerful enough could stumble across it. And they couldn't move the Citadel to the Isle either, because it exists in its own tiny pocket dimension of utter chaos. And with magic made impossible by the dome these things are harmless now."

"Diablo swears that the Dragon's Eye and Sceptre of Chaos have sparked back to life." Mal said. "Which means the shield isn't as impenetrable as we thought."

Lilith thought back to the party, when Carlos's device had burned a hole in the dome; it had let in a signal for TV channels, why not a few sparks of magic?

"But we're still stuck not knowing exactly where it is." Mal continued. " There's not exactly a map to Nowhere."

"We can try Athenaeum of Evil." Jay prompted.

"The Anthe - what of Evil?"

"The Library of Forbidden Secret," Lilith explained presently, "In Dragon Hall. You know, that door that's always locked, with Jessica guarding it." Jessica was Lilith's name for the giant spider that guarded the door, and only Lilith was allowed to call the spider Jessica, because if anyone else did, the spider would bite them. Jessica was a partial, affectionate creature. As strange as it sounded.

Mal frowned. "You really think that's anything? I just thought it was a way to keep first - years out of Dr.Facilier's office."

"Well, we have to start somewhere." Jay said.

"And Dr.F mentioned in class that the library contains secrets on the history of the island." Lilith said.

Mal sighed in defeat. "Alright."

"We'll go tomorrow, bright and early." Jay decided. "We'll meet at the bazaar to pick up supplies first, as soon as the market opens."

Mal nodded. "Thanks for your help, Jafar."

Jafar smiled. "My pleasure."

As they left the shop, Lilith paused and looked around. The aura of Chaos in the air was stronger now. Much, much stronger. She just prayed it didn't get too strong and tear the island apart before Lilith found the Sceptre of Chaos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 15 14
Gabrielle was the adopted daughter of hades. She was found by him on the isle of the lost. She's a pirate with a taste for snow. Being the only magic...
5.5K 55 13
Have you ever wondered if Mal had a sister? Well that's me. Hi I'm Hal, Mal's my older sister. I am the daughter of Maleficent. Anyway, this is my st...
3.1K 21 7
Cresent, an unknown child of two powerful villain's, has been accepted into Auradon Prep with Mal, Evie, Jay ,and Carlos. Maleficent demands the lege...
21.3K 215 21
This revolves around Hades Jr, son of Hades and Maleficent, as he and the other four, Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay on their adventure through Auradon. ...