Sweet Little Thrills (boyxboy)

By TheLYProject

Although cheerful and lovable, Kai was never very good at relationships-he had been in so many he thought he'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 2

3.7K 147 77
By TheLYProject

"I can't believe it's a Friday and I have no plans!" I complained, walking down the hall with Derek and Camden. He sort of just fell in with Derek and I, not that I minded; I sort of forced my friendship on him anyway. He is way too cute to pass up.

"W-Why don't we go to a party or s-something?" Camden suggested, and I sighed exaggeratedly. 

"While that is adorable coming from you, I hate parties." I groaned. 

"That's only because you always end up running into at least one of your exes, and then there's the inescapable drama." Derek said. Camden looked at me curiously. 

"Just h-how many exes do you have?" He asked, and I rubbed the back of my head bashfully, laughing a little. 

"Uh, just a few here and there, y'know. Not too many." I said. 

"A few here and there?" Derek snorted. "More like twelve in our grade alone." Camden's jaw dropped, and I groaned again.

"Derek! You need a muzzle." I mumbled, and he snickered. 

"And you need to keep it in your pants." 

"Shut up! I have never been in a relationship for just the physical aspect and you know it." He rolled his eyes.

"I know, I know. Unfortunately, you fall in love way too easily." He said with a sigh. I pouted, and noticed Camden looking down at the ground dejectedly. 

"Cam? What's wrong?" I asked, and he looked at me in surprise, not knowing he was being watched and blushed. 

"N-Nothing! I'm fine." He assured, but there was something a little off. Derek watched him curiously before abruptly changing the subject. 

"So anyway, why don't we just hang at one of our houses tonight, since parties are a no-go." Derek suggested. 

"Heck yeah!" I said with a fist pump. "We can have a movie marathon or something. What do you say, Cam? You in?" I asked, grinning at him expectantly. He scratched his head, looking unsure. 

"W-Well, I guess it is a Friday..." He scratched his head, looking unsure.

"C'mooooon," I whined, latching onto him as he blushed. "It'll be no fun if it's just me and Derek! I mean, gross, just look at him!" I said, hiding behind Camden and staring at him warily. His face was a total deadpan as he stared back.

"I hate you." 

"See? He's cold and cruel. Don't leave me alone with him!" I begged Camden, putting my hands on his shoulders from behind and peering around to look at his face. He bit his lip. 

"R-Really? Okay, i-if you're sure you want me to that badly..." He trailed off, and I released him with a cheer. 

"Yes! Best movie night ever!"

"Yeah, that's great and all, but where exactly are we doing this? My place or yours?" Derek asked, ever the party pooper. I sighed, placing a hand on my chin. 

"Well, we could do it at yours, but it smells like poverty at your house. Plus I have a bigger TV." Derek hit me in the arm with a growl. 

"I'm not that poor you idiot. Not everyone can afford 30 inch flat screens in every room." He snapped. I waved a hand as he balled his fists in anger. 

"Details, details. The qualms of the poor are none of mine." Derek sighed angrily. 

"You're a terrible person. Camden, you should ditch us before he grows on you too much. He's bad for your mental health." 

"Ehehe..." Camden chuckled nervously as I twirled in a circle.

"My place it is then! Oh, you know what this means, my little dumpling?" I said, leaning close to Camden's face. As expected, he blushed at my close proximity. 

"W-What?" He said. I smirked. 

"I need your number!" He blinked in realization. 

"O-Oh, yeah. I guess you do." He got his phone out of his pocket, and I snatched it instantly. I put my number and address in his phone contacts, grinning. 

"And...done! Text me all the time, okay? Why don't you come over to my place around 3:06?" I said excitedly. Camden raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"But that's one m-minute after we get out of school-"

"Exactly!" I said and Derek face palmed. 

"Just come whenever you want. Let's go you idiot." Derek grabbed my arm and dragged me away. 

"See you soon gumdrop!" I called out to Camden, who blushed and waved. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, seeing as my new adorable angel friend is coming over, you two must behave and not scare him away like the demons you are. Are we clear?" I said firmly, staring at my two older sisters.

Pearl, the second oldest, stared at me tiredly, sighing. Naomi grinned, hopping out of her seat to sling an arm around my shoulders. 

"Ohoho, does baby brother Kai have a special friend coming to see him? No more Dingy Derek?" She snickered, poking my cheek. I flushed, shoving her off of me as she laughed. 

"Yes! He is my special friend, I will admit it. But not for the reasons you think..." I mumbled, staring off into space as I imagined Camden floating down from the sky playing a harp, naked like Cupid.  I blushed at my fantasies. 

"...The look on your face is creeping me out. Hit him or something, Pearl." Naomi said, shuddering. I snapped out of it, blushing more. Pearl rolled her eyes. 

"I don't care. Just as long as you leave me alone, do whatever you want with your friends. Since when am I the one who misbehaves anyway...?" Pearl mumbled, raising an eyebrow at Naomi who chuckled. 

"Oh Pearl, Pearl, Pearl. You naive little wench," Naomi said, moving behind the chair Pearl was lounging on and leaning on the back of it as Pearl glared up at her. "When will you understand that your drab, gray Pearl-ness is just no fun? Try my way of life, live a little!" 

Pearl huffed. "Yes, because breaking my leg-twice-and getting an STD all in one week sounds like a tsunami of fun." Pearl said dryly as Naomi's face turned red in anger. 

"How many times are you going to bring that up?! God! And I didn't break it twice you boring slab of wood. I re-broke it. There's a difference." Naomi snapped, crossing her arms. 

"Yeah, you re-broke it trying to sneak out to see STD Santa again." Pearl said, and I snorted. Naomi shrieked in frustration. 

"Shut up!" 

I watched wearily as the two argued back and forth, shouting and throwing things at each other as the fight escalated. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Knock it off you hellions! This is what I was talking about! If my precious little poodle bun walks in here and sees you two going at it like rabid geese he'll run for the hills!" I shouted, and they looked at me in confusion. 

"Poodle bun...?" Pearl mumbled, picking at her nails. Naomi sighed in resignation, resting her arms on Pearl's head now. 

"Fine, fine, I see your point. But-" Ding dong! The doorbell rang, and I smiled widely. Pearl and Naomi looked at each other as I rushed to the door. I swung it open, happy as can be, when-

"Oi. You gonna let me in, Buddy the Elf?" My smile immediately turned into a heavy frown as I stared at Derek, who was standing on my doorstep with a bag slung over his shoulder. 

He raised an eyebrow at my change in mood. "Well then. I'm glad you're happy to see me." He shoved past me into my house, and I groaned. 

"I thought you were Cam! You are such a disappointment. I understand your mother more now." I said, and he hit me in the stomach with his bag. 

"Oof!" I grunted, while he waved at my sisters, about to greet them when they groaned at the sight of him as well. 

"Dingy Derek? I thought you said he wasn't coming!" Naomi complained. 

"I feel so loved. Even you Pearl? I'm hurt." He said blankly, and Pearl shrugged, averting her eyes casually. 

"Well, let's go Disappointment Derek. And I never confirmed that he wasn't coming." I said when I got my wind back from being knocked out of me, leading him to my room.

"Can we go back to Dingy Derek?" He mumbled, following me. 

We got into my room and I flopped on my bed, checking the time. 3:30. Ugh, when is he coming?! I groaned, rolling around on my bed. 

"Dude, relax. He said he'd come. What's with you anyway? You're acting like a tween girl waiting to go to an Austin Mahone concert." 

"I don't know who the heck that is. And I don't know what's wrong with me. I swear I don't like him like that, but I also really like him. Does that make sense?" I asked, rolling to look at him. He sat down against my bed, sighing. 

"Not really. You just sound like a dumb ass as usual." He said, and I pouted, flicking him in the back of the head. 

"Turd." 

"Seriously, though, do you like him? Really think about it. I mean, it's only been a week or two, but he seems cool to me. And he manages to put up with you easily enough, somehow." I sighed, flopping back on my bed again.

"I don't know, man. When I see him it's like he's the yin to my yang. The Zuko to my Katara. The dick to my balls-" Derek swiveled and slapped a hand to my mouth. 

"You are such an idiot. I'd say ask him out, but your relationships end as well as the Titanic did, and I actually like this kid. As a friend, of course." Derek said, glaring at me as I licked his hand to get it off my mouth. 

"You're right. I'll just leave us as friends. I'm happy with that; I don't want to ruin it anyway." I said, staring up at my ceiling, sighing heavily. He nodded, wiping his hand down his shirt. 

"Good idea. At least wait a while, see how this plays out. Maybe some dark secret or something will surface, and it'll turn you off of him." I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Do you think he's Batman? Or Matt Smith's eyebrows? No one knows where they are!" I whispered dramatically, leaning forward slightly off the edge of my bed. 

He looked at me incredulously, seemingly frozen in time at my stupidity. He abruptly yanked me the rest of the way off of my bed, and I landed with a squeak. 

"You're an idiot. I don't know why I talk to you." 

I looked up at him from my awkward tangled position on the floor. "Because you love me and I can't survive in this dark, hopeless world with you?" I suggested, and he smiled. 

"Yeah. That might be it." Ding Dong! 

I leaped up immediately, knocking Derek over. "He's here! Out of my way mudblood!" I shouted in excitement. 

"I take it back, I hate your guts!" Derek called after me as I rushed to the front door. I stopped in horror as I saw Pearl and Naomi leading Cam into the house, tugging on his arm. He looked around nervously, and when he spotted me he looked relieved. 

"Release him, demons!" I said like a knight charging into battle and snatched him away from my sisters. Naomi put her hands on her hips. 

"We were just introducing ourselves!" She snapped. I hissed at her, backing away with Camden. 

"That's Naomi and Pearl, my sisters. Nice to meet ya how do you do we're done here and goodbye." I dragged Cam to room quickly and shut my door behind us. I waited for the inevitable...

"Come on, Kai! We just wanna properly meet him!" There was vicious banging at my door and I yelped. 

"No! Stay away you evil harpies!" I struggled against the door as they tried to shove it open, since I have no lock. Camden gave the whole scene a worried once over before turning to Derek. 

"Hey Camden," Derek said with a slight wave. "Having fun already I see?"

Camden laughed a little as I shoved my sister's head away and slammed the door, leaning against it with all my might. 

"Y-Yeah, um. Kai's sisters seem...nice?" Camden said, and they both looked over at me. I was in the process of kicking at the foot that had wedged itself in a new opening in the door, while swatting at a clawed hand trying to reach through the gap. 

Derek looked mildly concerned. "Uh...I know! I'll just lick anything that comes through the gap!" He said, snickering. A shriek could be heard from behind the door, and several limbs disappeared. 

I was about to shut the door, when suddenly a tongue appeared. 

"...."

"......"

"..........." We sat there in stunned silence at the appendage before there was a thud.

"Pearl! Stop being gross!" I hear Naomi hiss, and the tongue disappeared. I shut the door and it's squeaky hinges were the only thing to fill the silence.

"So anyway!" I said excitedly, rubbing my hands together. "What shall we do first, hm? Truth or Dare? Naked Twister? Naked wrestling? Naked-" I was cut off with a yelp as Derek's fist found my stomach, knocking the wind out of me again. 

"Shut up you damn pervert. We're not doing any of that." I groaned and fell to the floor, and Camden patted my head in an attempt to comfort me as he looked at me in concern. 

"But Truth or Dare wasn't perverted..." I squeaked, and Derek sighed. 

"Knowing you, we'd all end up that way." I pouted, sitting up and wrapping my arms around Camden casually from behind, secretly enjoying the blush that erupted on his face instantly. 

"Well then what do you propose we do?" I asked. 

"You said the words movie night at some point in your idiotic ramble, so I brought some movies." He unzipped his bag and tossed a few movies on the floor. I lunged at them with a grin. 

"Sweet! You brought Chronicle!?" I exclaimed, and Camden started searching through a few as well. 

His eyes lit up, and I thought my heart would stop at how cute he looked. "Pacific Rim?" He mumbled, looking at the movie like it was made of pure gold. 

"Do you want to watch that?" Derek asked, making Cam blush and put the movie down.

"U-Uhm, we don't have to if you don't-" 

"We're watching it!" I shouted, snatching the movie. Camden blushed deeper, looking down. I smiled at that. "Now, Derek, you go get the snacks from the kitchen." I commanded, waving a hand in a 'shoo' gestured. 

"Bitch. It's your house, why don't you?" He said. 

"I don't want to go out there with those...things!" I hissed, recoiling at the thought. "Pearl wants your sausage in her taco shop, so at least you'll be half safe. I've got no protection!" I cried, and Camden actually giggled a little. 

Derek was the one to blush this time. "She does not!" 

I smirked. "Prove it. Go get the snacks." He glared, getting up with a huff and stomping out of my room, slamming the door. 

I laughed, his angry protests fading down the hall. I turned to mention something to Camden, and caught him staring at me with a peculiar expression on his face. He was blushing, and looking like he was having internal blockage or something. 

"Camden..? Do you need some laxatives or something?" He snapped out of it and blushed furiously. 

"W-What?! No!" He said, holding his reddening cheeks in embarrassment. 

"I was just wondering! You were looking at me like there was a little somthin' somethin' going on in there." 

He shook his head, his eyes shut tight. "I-It's nothing like that!"

I looked at him curiously. What is up with him? He opened his eyes, blushing more than I thought possible when he saw I was watching him. 

"I-I just-there was something I wanted to say to you-"

"Here are the snacks bitches! Well, not Camden, but Kai can be a plural bitch." I glared at Derek, for the comment and for interrupting. He looked at Camden and I. 

"Why is Cam even redder than usual? Did you molest him?" He said, sitting down beside us. 

"Oh please. I have more class than that." 

"Liar." 

I chuckled, ruffling Camden's hair as I put the movie in. "You're right. I would totally do the undo-able when it comes to Cam. Sorry." I said, winking at him playfully. He looked like he might pass out, his face was so red. Oh, my.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later, we were all sitting on my bed, watching Pacific Rim. Derek had his hands behind his head, totally relaxed. Camden was entranced, his eyes bright as he watched the Kaiju destroy things and the Jaegers destroy the Kaiju monsters.

It was the cutest thing i'd ever seen. He really loved this movie. I bit my lip, finding myself watching him react to the movie more than the movie itself. 

Man. I'm in deeper than I thought. 

----------Ohoho. What did you guys think Cam was going to say?-----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 148K 38
"What's wrong?" He asked softly, grabbing Kai's arm and preventing him from running away again. "N-nothing." Kai whispered looking down at his shoes...
Tense By kara

General Fiction

4.2M 172K 54
"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. Best friends, football players, straight...
272K 8.6K 19
DISCLAIMER: (9 DEC 2019) This whole book was written years ago and there are many many many mistakes in my writing. I am currently editing from chapt...
453 17 18
Zac and Kai have been best friends since they were children. Now they are in their senior year of high school together and Kai has a boyfriend, Jason...