Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 56

2.3K 184 81
By ShonaLover

Reyansh got the luggage in car.Getting everything ready for leaving.He saw Vivaan shouting at someone.Over phone.He havent seen him this aggressive.He thought reason why they came here.Nothing worked in favor.People at home were informed about Varnas health.She is safe and sound now.Shivani was worried.She could sense from Reyansh and Nandini.All wasnt well.

Reyaansh approached Vivaan.He looked in unstable state.From looks and mind.Few time he spent with him here.He realized Vivaan and Varna.Both needs to be better for.Themselves as well as for each other.

V-"Take care Rey.Tell everyone not to be worried.At home.Its good here.Whatever happened here.It will be fine.Im going with you guys to airport.From there will leave for office."

R-"Its ok Anna.We will manage.Have an important meeting.Missing out work from days.Anna please take care of yourself.Can understand its not easy.handle things alone.You need to be alright.For your self and Varna too."

V-"dont worry Im fine.Wheres Nandu.She is taking time.You will miss your flight."

R-"Shes with Varna.Had some work with her."

While they were walking.Reyansh found Vivaan wasnt meeting his eyes.He smiled and Vivaan found it weird.Suddenly they stopped.Vivaan took deep breathe.His brother can understand him.But problem was he didnt have anything to say.He was clueless with his life.Reyansh  touched his shoulder.

R-"I know Anna we cant feel.Pain what you have gone through.Its not easy.One must let go.With time things have to change."

V-"My whole life is at stake Rey.Cant imagine how Im dealing with.Everything and each day.Its getting worse."

R-"What if I say you are yourself.Reason of this mess."

V-"Reyansh.You dont know a thing.Before accusing me.See things from other point of view.Im tired.Of explaining people.Im human and have feelings."

R-"And so does she.You lost your wife.She lost her sister.She meant world to you.She was her world.Ramya and Varna were tired in thread.You became third angle in their life."

V-"I became.Third angle?Really Reyansh.You are saying that cant believe."

R-"If thats sounds rude.Im sorry Anna.I have known you better.Can see you fighting with something.Not worth fight for.Stop bringing distress to your own life.How long will you do this.Varna is your wife now.Its truth.Cant hide.Run away from it."

V-"Im facing this.Each moment with sharp pain.Hitting me deep inside.Her face tortures me.Miss my Ramya more."

R-"She wanted you to do what you are.Doing now.Tell me.Ramya Anni was someone.Who made us smile.Even in tears.How would she feel.Seeing you and Varna.In this state.Two people who meant.World to her.You are saying reason is her.For this state?"

V-"Wont understand Reyaansh.Leave this."

R-"You need to understand Anna.Before its too late.You have lost her.What if again it happens.Pranush has lost his mother once.Now he wont be able to.Bear this loss.Varna is bringing pain to herself.If one talk can mean.Alot to her and you.Whats harm Anna."

Nandini kissed Pranush.He was in happy mood from morning.Varna was  sitting on bed and watching Nandini.She was still weak.Didnt talk much.Nandini gave Pranush back to her.He settled feeling easy.Nandini felt to watch duo.For long.Times she would get confused.If Varna wasnt Ramya.Only mother can love baby like this.With baby Varna was different person.She could see her smile.Once and then smile fades away.Varna finally paid attention to Nandini.Feeling embarassed.

V-"Sorry you guys came.I ruined your plans.Couldnt even stay for long."

N-"Dont be sorry Varna.Its alright.We came for weekend only.Have to get back.Hope you feel better now.Take care of yourself.Because if you are alright.Then this little brat can be fine.He needs you."

V-"He is doing well now.I mean.Complications are still there.He gets fever in days.Suddenly and cold.Isnt there permanent treatment?For how long he will suffer."

N-"Can understand your concern.As mother.Its fair enough.But this is long treatment.Cant say if he will recover slowly.Or soon.Just needs to be properly taken care of.He is baby.We cant treat him with strong medications.Im sure with you on his side.He will be fine."

V-"Thanks for everything."

N-"We are family.So dont keep this formality.Varna wanted to tell you something else.Dont know how you see me.But you are like Ramya only for me.Have known you both.From long time.Now we are under same roof.Things are same.For me.I know how you feel.Its natural.Not easy to adapt to changes.But I would insist you to.Give chance to everything around you.Way you have become Pranushs mother.Same way you have to give hope.To yourself.You are someones wife and daughter in law as well.Dont know if I have right to say this.Its for your own good.Im always there for you.As sister.Can talk with me.Take care."

Reyaansh and Nandini left hoping things would change.Vivaan was trying to convince himself with Priyams words.Now Reyaanshs too.All were hell bent on making him understand.Why cant they do same to Varna.She has to show some interest to talk.Moreover he could still feel void.Of Ramya leaving him.He couldnt stop blaming Varna.From mind.He felt more angry with things.Varna gave some time to think.Over Nandinis words.Whole life she has been running away from people.Nandini was being nice to her.Even her cold shoulder didnt change her attitude.Towards him.She felt defeated with herself.Why was she like this.She looked at Pranush sleeping.Her only wish was see him.Recover and then.She can go away.To live life for herself.

Vivaan came home late.He found lights were switched on.Helper came asking him to serve dinner.He had something in office.He got to know from helper.Varna didnt have her dinner.She threw up twice.Took her medicines empty stomache again.He got angry and went to her room.Furiously opening door.Pranush was sleeping.So he kept himself calm.He found her resting her head.On bed post and she saw him.Before he could tell her anything.She asked him not to.Showing him crib where Pranush was asleep.

V-"come out.Need to have word with you.Right now."

He went away.Varna frowned her brows.Having last look at Pranush.She didnt wanted to go to him.She was already feeling weak.Least she expected conversation with him.She took her stole.Came outside her room.He didnt waste time.Held her from wrist.Taking her to his room.She was confused with his fierce behavior.

Var-"What are you doing.Leave my hand."

He left her hand.Once they were inside his room.He slammed door.Making her scared.She touched her wrist.It was red due to his strong hold.He couldnt get hold of himself.No matter how hard he tries.Varna fumed with equal rage and about to leave room.He shouted in loud voice.

V-"Stay here.Dont you dare leave this room."

Var-"Im not interested to.Talk with you.Dont have any right.Command over me.Treat me like this."

He came blocking her way.She felt scared see his eyes.Burning with anger.She wanted to run from this situation.He was venting anger on her.Through eyes.She knew it.He hates her.She deserved this behavior.She was fated to see and bear all this.She shut her eyes.Ready to bear pain of rejection and insult.Again from him.

V-"You think Im interested to.Do all this with you.I curse my fate.Because of whatever had to happen with me."

Var-"I know that.Even Im not happy.To be here.Its compulsion."

V-"Compulsion for you.Dont think so.Selfish and arrogant girl.Like Varna Shetty can have any compulsion.Think you are joking with me."

Var-"I dont owe any explanation."

She was about to leave room again.When Vivaan threw flower vase.Near door.Breaking it into pieces.Her heart shrieked in fear.Throat went dry.She didnt knew.What this night had to bring.She shut her eyes.calming herself.He came to her.His eyes were explaining.His state of mind.He gave sarcastic smile.

V-"Can act well.Run well and hide from everything.From your own people.Its something you love.Dont dare to do same thing with me.Im not Ramya.Who will fall for your words."

Var-"May think whatever you want to.About me.Dont have any issues."

V-"Such a coward.That you are.Can see how you have been running away.All through your life.Thats why.You didnt belong to anyone.Not your sister.Shakthi or even your own family."

Varna at that second turned to look at him.With most heart wrenching face.Her eyes roared with pain.Insult and tears brimmed up.She looked down.He was insulting her.She didnt have strength to fight.She wasnt same Varna Shetty anymore.She wanted to leave.

V-"Its my fate.Ill fate that my wife.Was after you.Now my son too.Why it has to happen to me.Why I was chosen for this.Its all Ramyas fault.You hear me Ramya.You have made me.Lifeless without any emotions left on me.I have become ruthless."

Vivaan caught his head.Falling down.Varna was standing still.Her cheeks covered with tears.Vivaan looked at her.She was slowly making way to door.When he went to her.He was equally broken.Face red with anger and tears.He held her from shoulders.Making her shudder.

V-"Where are you leaving now.Satisfied to see me like this?Arent you.Isnt this what you wanted.To happen to me.Speak up.You never wanted me.To be with Ramya.Isnt this truth.Tell me.You must be happy now.She is dead.Were you waiting for this to happen.Did you always feel insecure of Ramya.She was happy.You werent.Thats why you killed her?You are happy that she left world."

Vivaans words stopped.With hard blow from Varna.In form of slap on his cheek.Room echoed with silence.Both of them felt.Heat of moment.Vivaan was still in shock.Varna stumbled back on her steps.Going back and as her back hit wall.She spoke in breaking voice.

Var-"Was always right.Hating on you.I hate you.I hate you with strongest emotion.Do you hear me.Vivaan Reddy.I hated you.Because you.Took away most precious thing from me.In my life.You snatched my happiness.My emotion and my breath.You ruined me.Destroyed my world."

Vivaan pulled her from shoulders.He could see her shaking.With anger and her face wet with tears.He wanted to shun her accusation.Answer her in fitting way.

V-"I ruined your world.Destroyed you?You did that to me.You are blaming me.How dare you.You were reason.Have seen Ramya breaking down.Every day.Whenever I tried to give her happiness.Could see her sad.Because of you.You deserve hatred."

Var-"Ask that question to yourself.Why you couldnt be enough for her.Mean so much to her.That she would have given up on me.I was with her for nine months.Came to this world.Holding her hand.She was my soul.My body.You came between us.Your love couldnt survive her.You couldnt win over her."

V-"Just stop it.I wont take your blame game."

Var-"Truth hurts.Way you have blamed me for.Being selfish.You were same.You didnt try bringing her to me.Because you were insecure of love.She had for me.You were threatened.What if you couldnt take place.In her life.You were her husband.But you wanted to be.Her world.Ramya and Varna were one.Vivaan came in between.Will never forgive you for that."

Varna pushed Vivaan.Leaving him in pool of destruction.He shouted for her.Banging door and hitting walls.With his hand.He cursed everything.That came on his way.Varna rushed to her room.Crying her heart out.She looked at Pranush.Her whole life was punishing her.For something.Vivaans accusations have broken her more.Making her vulnerable.He has stabbed her.Like never before.She opened her bag.Taking out frame from there.It was picture of Ramya and hers.Captured when they were six years old.She kept it closer to her heart.Sobbed going to dead ends.How can she forget day.Day when they entered world together.Only difference this year was.She wasnt with her.Varna was alone.

Vivaan was sitting alone.Tired and lost in memories.Of times spent with Ramya.If she would have been here.This birthday was special in many ways.He remembered her letter.Each word she has written.He could feel her in them.He kept letter closer to her heart.Everything that meant special to her.Should mean same to him.She wanted that from him.He was failing to keep her last wish.He hated himself.

Next morning Varna woke up with headache.She was relieved to know.Vivaan went out early morning.She got busy with Pranush.She wasnt receiving calls from home.She knew why Karuna called.Why cant they understand.It wasnt easy for her too.They made it worse for her.Giving her same life.That belonged to Ramya.She looked at Ramya smiling picture.Tracing it with her hands.She kissed there.She brought Pranush.Who looked at her with big eyes.Trying to understand.Varna took his tiny finger.Let it touch Ramyas picture.As if baby understood.He made sound.Which made Varna took him in hug.Breaking down.

V-"Happy Birthday Ramya.I miss you."

Vivaan could feel only place.That would give solace to him in this day.Was this one and he came there.Prakash and Karuna felt good.Seeing him and they kept special prayer for Ramya.Attended together.Prakash wished if Varna was also there.But they knew situation was such.They didnt held rights to call her there.

V-"Sorry Aththai came without informing you.I just felt like."

K-"You are our son Vivaan.Dont say like that.Its your own house.Its special day.Our twins came to this world together.Now we have only.Tried calling Varna.Know she wont receive.But she must be in bad state too.She is one who would.Feel void of losing her."

Vivaan kept mum.His eyes looked puffy.Karuna could understand seeing him.In early morning.She was also aware of relationship.Between him and Varna.She touched his shoulder.With affection.Vivaan smiled wiping away lone tear.Came in his eye.

V-"Ramya always wanted us to smile.Lets remember in with smiles then.It was her order to me.How can I not obey."

K-"We have her memories.You know Vivaan.When these girls were born.We were so happy.Blessed with both angels.Prakash was elated to know.He got daughters.From their first step to then learning.New things.He has always tried.Being close with his daughters.Captured their every moment."

V-"Aththai can I.See those memories."

Karuna took him to Ramya and Varnas room upstairs.He entered and found.Everything in proper place.Room looked so empty and Karuna moved curtains.Bringing light inside.Vivaans eyes welled up.he smiled finding stuff toys on bed.They must belong to Ramya.There were two beds.Joined together.He touched albums.Karuna left on bed.Looked at pictures.Sweet smile came on his face.Had pictures of both Ramya and Varna.From their first day.Of life till Ramyas wedding.In every picture one thing he saw.Sisters were together. 

K-"Twins were very naughty.Used to make me run after them.But both so different in nature.Despite of resemblance.Ramya was naughty.She used to do mistakes.My Varna cover it up for her.They were possessive too.For each other.When Ramya was pushed by her classmate once.Varna slapped that girl.Taking punishment.With time she has taken care of Ramya.As her elder sister.Who would say they were of same age.We didnt realize when Varna became so mature.We were so busy.With Ramyas health.When she used to suffer and cry.It pierced Varnas heart.Have seen her awake for nights.Being there for her sister.Its said strong bonds are rare to find.One have seen these sisters.Holding on to each other.Every phase of life.But with Ramyas marriage.My Varna became bit reserved.Wasnt easy for her to see her going away.Time gives patience to all.Like taught us how to live."

Vivaan heard every word spoken by Karuna.Patiently and something hit him hard.He washed his his face and looked at himself in mirror.He found it difficult.Whole day he was there.Embracing memories of Ramya.Her childhood pictures and videos.Everything was found by him.What he came to know.How Ramya wasnt alone.Everything about her was related to Varna.He could see the phase.How everything was same and good.Till marriage took place.He couldnt understand.Who was right here.His blame for Varna.Varnas blame for him.Did he really came between twins.He never heard anything.From Ramya.He didnt stop her to meet her also.He felt tired.One thing made him repent his own words.His inhuman behavior towards Varna.All this while.He wasnt really aware.Or he didnt wanted to give acceptance.Fact someone was as closer to Ramya.Varna meant world to her.It was him who couldnt understand that.He wasnt right to feel insecure.He was wrong.Vivaan realized.Will he be able to.Amend his mistakes.Was it too late.

V-"Ramya maybe I can understand now.Its too difficult to me.To take this pain.Your love for Varna.Cant be judged by anyone.Have been blaming her all time.But I could have also tried.Lessen your pain.Give you what you yearned for.Your sister.Im sorry Ramya.For doing that to you.Promise you.Will try to do every thing.What makes you happy.Be it anything that costs me."

....................................................................................................................

Can understand story is getting boring.With same old scenes.Every chapter but finally realization has dawned upon Vivaan.So we can see it moving ahead.Im sorry for delay with updates.Thank you to everyone.Who are still being so patient.Reading and giving reviews.

Please do not forget to vote and comment.

:)

Surprise I mentioned about.Here it is.For all readers.My next one shot.Couldnt thank you enough.For appreciating my previous one shots on Pranushka.Right now can give you look only.Will be posting it soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 5.8K 89
This story is continuation to darling movie. Get into the story to know how one misunderstanding made his life upside down and how someone special en...
29.4K 1.4K 23
All Rights Reserved. Rank #7 in suspense out of 5k stories for 5 days Rank #8 in suspense out of 5k stories for 4 days. Rank #9 in suspense out of 4k...
372K 18.7K 60
Cover Design: @DSPranushka at DS Creations Highest Rank:#46 in Romance on 16/06/2018 This is the story of Vedanth and Jwala who are totally opposite...
55.4K 2.3K 26
You love someone and that person loves you too but both are unaware of each other's feelings. Same is in the case of Prabhas and Anushka in this Fanf...