Always ~Newt Scamander ✔️

By its_yadisneygirl

Bella wood a workaholic wizard who ends up working at MACUSA , investigating the disappearance of Grindelward... More

1. Just another day?
2. The British wizard
3. MACUSA
4. Just a smidge
5. The goldstein sisters
6. Whats in the case? Part 1
7. Whats in the case? part 2
8.newt does what?
10. Escape
11. Time to be girly
12. We got all of them
13. Obsurial released
14. Revealed
The end?

9. Sentenced

1.7K 38 2
By its_yadisneygirl

"Well that was an interesting experience , isn't that right Jacob" I said teasingly with a slight giggle sitting on the steps outside of newts workshop.

"Your not gonna let that go are you" Jacob laughed as he petted the moon calves.
"Nope" I said popping the p.
The three of us continued to laugh, until newt broke it.

"Bels come with me , I need to strap your wrist" Newt said as he walked past me and into his workshop. I saw Jacob wiggle his eyebrows at me and was smirking. I just stuck my tongue out at him and got up. Walking into the workshop I saw newt at a desk looking through some cupboards.

"Please sit down" newt asked quietly , I walked over to where the chair was and sat down , continuing to look at the different things he has in here. I was so distracted that I didn't noticed that newt kneeled in front of me and had taken my wrist in his hand.

Not until i flinched at the  feeling of a freezing cold substance being dabbed onto my slightly swollen wrist, causing a hiss to leave my lips.

"S-sorry did I hurt you" newt said with worry.
"No , it's fine it just caught me by surprise" I told him with a slight laugh so he could calm down.

"Oh ok well  , just hold this gently for a bit and I'll be right back" newt instructed
"Yes doctor" I said teasingly
Newt just laughed at my comment and then responded with.

"You wouldn't need me if you weren't such a klutz" newt started laughing as he was looking through his cupboards. He sighed and climbed up a few steps on the ladder and began reaching for something.

"Well that's what makes me unique" my comment ceased newts movement as he goes still on the ladder , with his arm still stretched out. His eyes looked to me and then back at the item he was reaching for.

"Yes you are unique and beautiful " newt mumbled , his comment causing my cheeks to go red . I leaned forward and allowed my open hair to fall over my face and cover it like a curtain.

Newt kneeled down again in front of me, I took a peek at him through the strands of hair.
"What's the password" I said in a terrible squeaky voice. This just made Newt laugh and shake his head, he then stopped laughing and continued to look at me with a smile on his face. His smile was so contagious ,I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

I gently moved my hair curtain out of my face and carried on looking at newt. "Why are you staring at me" I said with a slight laugh
"Because you fascinate me" he said as he looked me straight in the eye.
"What's so fascinating about me" I said as a leaned closer to his face, I could practically feel his breather on my lips, it took all my power not to close the distance between us.

"A story for another time Bels, I need to check your hand first", I gave newt a pout and he just laughed slightly, he gently took off the old bandaging from the Murtlap bite and started rewrapping the bandage so it could support my sprained wrist.
I continued to stare at newts hands as he delicately wrapped the bandage. My vision started to go blurry and instead I started seeing different scenes of something.

Oh no not another vision

There was a man standing behind a podium with a giant picture of his face behind him. It looked like this man was running for president. The microphone he was speaking through started going off as well as the lights. Then there was a loud noise like a echo , I could hear it in my head. Then all of a sudden a huge invisible creature appeared and the glass shattered , it was heading towards the man by the podium.

It continued to flip tables over as well as people out of its way , as it made its way to the man. It lifted the man tossing him around and then levitating his still figure in the air before dropping him to the ground without mercy. It started cutting and slashing at the large banner of the now dead mans face.

I gasped for air, forgetting how to breathe.
Newt had his hands holding either side of my face , his face very close to mine , I saw the worry in his eyes. I was still gasping in breath , I couldn't seem to breathe. My lungs were burning and it felt like my throats was closing up.
" Bels, look into my eyes, you need to stay calm , focus on my voice, breathe in , then out, breathe in , then out"
I followed his instructions , my breathing had calmed down and my hands weren't shaking anymore.

"thank you" I whispered looking into newts blue coloured eyes.

"Newt I think I saw someone die" I said on the verge of tears. Newt looked at me with sympathy. He wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me closer to his body, embracing me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck hiding my face in the crook of his neck. Newt rubbed my back gently , a thing he knew calmed me down.

" when did you started having visions, and please don't change the topic , I've noticed the times you zoned out."
" Since I was bitten by the murtlap in Jacobs apartment." I paused and took a deep breathe," newt I'm so scared I don't know what's going on with me"
" we will figure this out Bels I promise you that"

Our hug was interrupted by a knocking on his case from the outside. Jacob came into the hut probably hearing the commotion. Newt started climbing up the ladder and then peaking his head out of the case. I can hear people chattering.

Where are we, we aren't at the park anymore

He got out fully allowing me to follow up after, but to my surprised we were at a conference of all the wizard counsels. I looked behind me to see  madam president and in front of me was Tina with a guilty look in her eyes. I gave her a disappointing look

Oh Tina , you better have a good reason for this.

Jacob came up next to newt with a smile on his face, that soon turned into one of shock at the amount of people. Newt looked around and then crouched down and closed his case and then locking it.
"Scamander and wood?" Someone asked, newt looked up and gave a smile smile as he gets up with his case in hand.

"Hello, Minister" newt replied with a smile.
"Theseus Scamander? The war hero" another person said
"No this is his little brother" , another man said like a know it all, I just rolled my eyes.

"And what are you doing in New York" the man asked sternly.
"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein,sir" newt said trying to keep eye contact with the important man.
" right , what are you really doing here" the man said skeptically. Newt stayed silent and continued to watch the man , with Jacob and I on either side of him.

"Goldstein and who is this?"madam president asked. I looked down to the ground finding the floor more interesting.
"This is Jacob Kowalski, Madam president, he's a no-maj who got bitten by one of Mr . scamander creatures" Tina blurred out. Newt, Jacob and myself were shocked at her betrayal.
Murmurs were heard throughout the crowd , some were in shocked and were saying obliviate him.

"Merlins beard" newt and I said in union at the image of a man floating.
"You know which of your creatures was responsible, Mr Scamander" a woman asked , assuming one of newts creatures did this. I looked at the floating image of the dead man, I gasp , taping newts arm lightly. Newt looked down at me , I stood up on my toes and whispered into newts ear.

"That's the man I saw being killed in my vision". Newt looked at me wide eyed, we both turned our heads to look at the man. I was trying to keep my breathing calm.
" No. creature did this. Don't pretend, you must know what that was, look st the marks....." newt continued on pointing at the marks on the mans face, his hand by his mouth in thought.

He paused before revealing the creature that caused this.
" that was an obscurus". Murmurs could be heard between the fellow wizards at this statement.

"You go too far, Mr. Scamander, there is no obscurial in America" madam president said angrily , she looked to Graves.
"Impound that case , Graves!" She orders him, he takes out his hand and the case goes flying to his side. This caught newt off guard and he became agitated not being close to is creatures.
"Wait. No. Give that back." Newt said as he tried to take out his wand but it was to late.
"Arrest them!" Madam president yelled.

Mr graves points his hand towards the four of us, levitating all of us off the ground and then on to the floor so that we are kneeling on our knees. Our hands were locked behind our backs restricting our movements. My heart rate started to pick up, my vision was starting to blur. I blinked my eyes rapidly , starting to fell light headed.

"Don't hurt those creatures" newt pleaded with Mr Graves as he held newts case.
"Please, you don't understand, nothing in there is dangerous, nothing!" Newt again pleaded, on the verge of tears.

"We'll be the judges of that!" Madam president said. Suddenly I heard a bone shattering scream within my head causing myself to gasp in pain. I yelled in pain, I didn't noticed that I broke through the barrier that held my arms captive , for I was covering my ears with my palms trying to block out the noise , but it just got louder. "BELLA HELP ME, IT HURTS, IT HURTS!"

I know that scream

I continued to rock myself back and forth still screaming in pain, I felt the room starting to shake.
"Take them to the cells!" Madam president yelled. The shaking stoped I took one gasp of breathe as my vision became darker until it went completely dark.... and then there was silence.

Newts POV:(didn't think you saw this coming😂)

When Bella's screaming stopped she collapsed onto the floor, I tried to go forward towards her but an Auror was already pulling me off the ground. The mysterious Mr Graves crouched down in front of Bella grabbing her face and examining her.

My instinct to protect her kicked in, "please don't touch her" I told him, he look up at me, leaving her on the ground, another auror came and picked her up and threw her over their shoulder like she was just a rag doll. This just angered me even more, I care about her to much to see her treated like she was nothing.

"Don't hurt those creatures, nothing in there is dangerous!" I yelled at him, that case does not belong to him. I wouldn't forgive myself if any of my creatures were to be hurt.

"Please don't hurt my creatures!  They aren't dangerous! Please, they are not dangerous!"
"They are not dangerous!" I continued to yell as they dragged the rest of us to the cells, no matter how much of a fight I put up.

They led us to a cell and threw us in, the auror that had Bella tossed her into the cell.
I quickly lunged forward and I caught her just in time before she could hit the ground. I huffed knowing that we are gonna be in here for a while. I went into one of the corners of the cell carrying Bella bridal style in my airs, and she wasn't heavy at all .

I sat down in the corner leaning against the pillars I moved Bella so my lap was cushioning her head. I looked down at her unconscious figure , she truly was beautiful but so way out of my league. She looked so peaceful, I wish she would be fine. I lightly moved a strand of hair out of her face and continued to stroke her hair.

She was someone I was comfortable with , I wasn't afraid to be myself around her, she just had this beautiful inviting auror to her that you just want to be near her. I liked her a lot in school and still like her even to this day and even more. During my travels i couldn't stop thinking about her. My eyebrows scrunch together , I was truly worried about her , even more now since what happened in there. This was not normal.

I continued to stroke her hair, and then she started moving slowly, her eyes shut tightly then carefully trying to open them. I just want to see her beautiful eyes again.

Bella's POV:
My head was killing me , why was it so bright , I tried to slowly allow my eyes to adjust to the light. I looked up seeing newts face hovering over mine, I realised that my head was rested on something comfortable. I cautiously tried to get up with help from newt . I felt so drained ,
My energy completely gone. I leaned against the pillar next to Newt , I rested my head against his shoulder. He went stiff at first and then relaxed.

"I'm so sorry about your creatures, Mr. scamander, I truelly am" Tina said across from us. Newt remained quiet taking my non-injured wrist and play around with my thin fingers. I can tell he was upset, I rubbed my thumb over his hand as a comforting gesture.

Ugh I'm to exhausted to try and yell at her right now.

"Can someone please tell me what this obscurial obscurious thing is, please" a very confused Jacob asked.
"There hasn't been one for centuries" Tina told him
"I met one in Sudan three months ago, There used to be more of them but they still exist" newt paused allowing himself to sniff, he was really upset, I don't think I have ever seen him so vulnerable.

"Before wizards went underground when we were still being hunted by Muggles, young wizards and witches sometimes tried to suppress their magic to avoid persecution, Instead of learning to harness or to control their powers, they developed what was called an Obscurus" newt said his voice cracking a bit from sadness as he spoke, I could see he was being strong and trying not to cry, I held his hand tighter allowing him to know that I was here.

" it's an unstable, uncontrollable dark force that busts out and attacks..... and then vanishes" Tina said trying to explain it so Jacob could understand.

" obscurials cant survive long, can they?" Tina asked newt. I looked toward newt seeing he was rubbing his eye, probably catching a tear before it was seen. My heart couldn't help but break at this.

"There's no documented case of any Obscurial surviving past the age of ten, The one I met in Africa was eight when she......." newt stopped to paused trying to compose himself by taking deep breathes.
"she was eight when she died" he said quickly, looking down at my fingers as he played with them.

" My younger sister Jenna developed an obscurus when we were young, she didn't even tell me, we didn't have magical parents so I didn't know she possessed magic like I did. She was 6 when she died, she screamed from all the pain she was in and I watched her die right in front of me , to afraid to do anything to help her."

I let out a sob that escaped my lips a tear started to roll.  I used my other hand and wiped the tear away, "I can still hear her screams sometimes ,mostly in my sleep but today it was in there" newt squeezed my hand in a comforting gesture , I just layed my head on his chest finding comfort in his warmth.

"What are you telling me here, that Senator Shaw was killed by a kid" Jacob said in disbelief, the three of us both nodded.  A ringing sound started again in my ears causing me to gasp in pain , I used my hands to cover my ears hoping for some relief, but there was none.

I couldn't hear anything around me, I could see the worried looks the other gave me as they rushed towards me. My vision started to blur again, everything went white.
I blinked and what I saw was completely different to my environment.

There is a little girl in the middle of the street and she tosses these flyers into the air, the scene changes to an obscurus causing havoc in the city , destroying buildings

I blinked again and gasp for air, the ringing stopped and I looked up so see I was still in the cell but this time newt was infront of me and he was holding my hands. I looked at him wide eyed. I tear escaped my eye as I looked him in the eyes, my fear was easily reflected in his eyes. "What's happening with me" I whispered
"I don't know but we will figure this out" newt whispered.

We all looked up to see that there were workers with white outfits walking towards us, they took Tina and cuffed her hands in front of her, Newt helped me to get up considering my legs felt like jelly. The one lady went to Newt and handcuffed his hands behind his back and he didn't struggle, as the lady handcuffed my hands in-front like Tina.

They walked us out of the cell , leaving Jacob to himself, we walked down the hall and I saw newt turn around and continued to walk backwards.
"It was good to make your acquaintance, Jacob and I hope you get your bakery" newt tells him.

They led us to an office, there was a desk and mr Graves was sitting at said desk. Newt sat in the chair in front of the desk while I sat in a chair near the door, feeling to weak to stand like Tina.

The room was silent , newt kept his eye contact on the desk and not the man in front.
"Your and interesting man, Mr Scamander" mr Graves said
"Mr graves" Tina tried to protest but indicated to her that she must be quiet.

"You were thrown out of hogwarts for endangering human life"
"That was an accident" newt defended looking back at us.
"With a beast, yet one of your teachers argued strongly against your expulsion, what makes albus dumbledore so fond of you"

"I really couldn't say" newt said looking down and shaking his head.
"So setting a pack of dangerous creatures loose here was ..... was just another accident, is that right?"
"Why would I do it deliberately?" Newt asked
"To expose wizard kind, to provoke war between the magical and non- magical worlds" Mr Graves insisted

"Mass slaughter for the greater good, you mean?" I said glaring at the man
" yes, quite"
" I'm not one of grindelwalds fanatics, Mr graves" newt told him politely

"I wonder what you can tell me about this , Mr Scamander" Mr Graves said as he levitated the encased obscurus that Newt had in his case. Newt was shocked at this , he looked back to Tina and I.

"It's an Obscurus, but it's not what you think, I managed to separate if from the Sudanese girl as I tried to save her, I wanted to take it home, to study it, but it cannot survive outside that box, it could not hurt anyone, Tina!, Bella!" Newt explained himself and his intentions so we both don't panic. Newt continued to look at us , mostly at myself as I stair at the thing that killed my sister, old memories of that day running through my mind.

"So it's useless without the host?" Mr Graves said in though. This caught mine and Newts attention.
"useless? , useless?"  I said in disbelief
"That is a parasitical magical force that killed a child. What on earth would you use it for" newt said in slight anger and disbelief  still trying to be calm.

I feel that mr Graves has bigger intentions.

"You fool nobody, Mr Scamander" mr Graves tried to cover up.
"You brought this obscures into the city of New York in the hopes of causing mass disruption, breaking the statute of secrecy and revealing the magical world" he accused Newt.

"You know that can't hurt anyone, you know that!"  Newt reasoned
"You are therefore guilty of a treasonous betrayal of your fellow wizards and are sentenced to death" Mr Graves tells him sternly.

" miss Goldstein, who has aided and abetted you " he continued.
"No, she's done nothing of the kind" newt and I tried to protest.
"she receives the same sentence" he says , I saw Tina started to cry

"What you can't do that" as I yelled at him
Mr Graves looked to me "Miss wood I have been informed that you received a vision in your cell by my colleagues , take her to 'The Room',I need to see what she saw, she could be linked with the creature that killed the man, and I don't care if you get killed in the process" he said looking at the woman behind us "Just do it immediately. I will inform President Picquery myself" he waved off.

"Nooo!" Newt yelled out
"Don't hurt her, please don't hurt her" Newt yelled as they dragged us out of the room.
"Newt!" I yelled with tears in my eyes as they took me in an opposite direction.

(3660)

Wow this chapter ended up longer than I expected.
Now we know who is the voice that has been haunting Bella and eish I'm not gonna lie , I made this story very dramatic without realizing it.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for the views and votes , I really appreciate them so much .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 190 12
~11 months later, after an goodbye emotional goodbye at the docks, what could have changed? A lot. ~Set after FBAWTFT, not COG Disclaimer: I do NOT...
6.9K 238 33
After the events of the Crimes of Grindelwald, everyone is left lost. A family from a broken past will they ever be able to pick up all the pieces? W...
11.3K 597 36
~Book 2~ (completed) The war ended, with the good getting the upper hand. Grindelwald's reign of terror ends, as our heroes rejoice with happiness bu...
37.3K 1.1K 22
This book has been written after CoG, so there are SPOILERS. After Grindelwald's attack, Newt and Tina have been thrown into emotional turmoil and ne...