The Underwood Family Tree The...

By Ricky-Underwood-fan

Amy and Ricky are back together! But things aren't all perfect for the family of three. Amy is pregnant with... More

chapter 1 Daddy's little man
chapter 2 the car ride.
chapter 3 finding out the gender together

chapter 4 the beginning of the transition

581 11 3
By Ricky-Underwood-fan

It's been a few days since the OB-GYN appointment where Amy and Ricky found out that the gender of the baby is a girl.

They haven't told anyone yet not even John.

" okay so I started planning for the baby shower." Amy said as she switched positions on the king sized bed in Amy and Ricky's master bedroom.

As a wedding gift their parents all chipped in  to buy them house.

" wait a minute, I thought your mom and Ashley for throwing you your shower?" Ricky asked A little confused.

" they are but they really want my input. They said that they really wanted to make it special because I didn't really have a baby shower with John. Well, I mean I kind of did but since he decided to arrived during the shower it had to be cut short." Amy explained.

" I remember that. I was at home at  my mom and dad's house doing laundry downstairs when you called me to tell me John was on his way." Ricky spoke thinking back to the memory.

" so do I. Anyways, so I need you to listen to me because I want to make sure you're okay with everyone who is going to be coming.

so far I have my my mom, Molly her girlfriend, Robbie Ashley, Toby, my dad and Kathleen. Grace and Jack, , Tom, Tammy, Ethan and Kathy, your parents and Nora.  Ben and Adrian, Alice and Henry, Leo and Camille, Chloe, Bonnie. Lauren, Madison, their boyfriends, Donovan and Leon. last but certainly not least dr. Fields. I think that's it. Do you think I missing anyone that we should add to the list?" Amy asked Ricky.

" I don't know Amy... I don't know how comfortable I am with inviting my therapist  to my daughter's baby shower. It's kind of an intrusion on boundaries. Don't you think?" Ricky asked Amy.

" well, now that you put it that way I guess you're right. But I hope you know that I didn't me anything by adding him to the list. I mean, I just thought he's Lauren's dad and he's important to goth or  us  for different reasons. but, listen if you're not comfortable with it I totally understand." Amy reassured her husband.

" yes, I guess you're right but I don't know. can you give me sometime to think about it?" Ricky asked his wife.

" of course Ricky, take all of the time you need there's no rush." Amy told her husband.

" all right on to other things. So, what colors did you have in mind for the nursery?" Ricky asked.

" well, I don't know yet. What colors did you have in mind for the nursery?" Amy asked.

" really? I think I know you a little better than that, Amy. I bet ever since in the moment we found out we were having a little girl you have had your heart set on what her Nursery will will look like. Besides I'm a guy. I don't really care what the nursery looks like. I mean I do care. But you know what I mean. All I care about is that it is safe, clean and functional." Ricky told his wife.

" all right, well if you must know what I had in mind I was thinking. I was thinking that most baby girl nurseries are pink and white. I think that we could do something a little different than that. So I really want the colors in her room to be purple and white. a light purple so it's not too dark or harsh but so it's Unique at the same time." She said.

" oh and I want accents of pink and yellow around the room. I also really want one of those big sign things that reads sweet dreams and another one that reads princess on it because you know, after all she is going to be Daddy's Little Princess." Amy continued.

" see I knew you you knew what you wanted for our baby girl right from the beginning. Did I just tell you I know you or what?" Ricky asked.

Just then John came out of his room.

" what are you doing buddy? I just tucked you into bed. What are you doing up?" Amy asked her son.

"whaa whaa I'm not sleepy yet. I stay up with you and Daddy." John demanded.

Lying down on either side of their bed both Amy and Ricky looked at each other unsure of what to do at first.

" no, no John. you are a big boy now and big boys sleep in their own beds." Ricky told his son as he got up.

" no! I sleep with you and Mommy!" John demanded again.

" don't yell at me!" Ricky scolded his son as he knelt down so that he was at eye level with him. he was careful to use a Stern and authoritative yet calm tone of voice.

" no! I sleep with you and Mommy!" John shouted again, only more loudly then before.

He , then ran around to Ricky's side of the bed and attempted to climb up on top of it.

" John stop it! you know better than that. now you need to listen to Daddy." Amy told her son.

Ricky got up from his knelt position on the floor and went over to his side of the bed where John was now sitting happily.

" John What did I just tell you?" Ricky asked him again.

" I don't know Daddy." John told his father.

He was happy because he thought he was going to get away with breaking the rules.

" yes you do, I told you that it's time for you to go to bed! Now I am going to give you two options. Either you be a good boy and get off the bed then hold my hand and we will go back to go back to your room together so so you can go to sleep. if you don't listen and do as I ask I will pick you up and carry you back to your room so you can go to sleep." Ricky told his son.

"whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa NO!!! I stay here with you and Mommy!" John insisted and then moved closer to Amy's side of the bed.

" all right I gave you a chance to make the right choice so like I said whether you like it or not it's time for you to go back to bed." Ricky explain to John.

Ricky got up onto the bed himself and lifted John up.

"whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa whaa !! No , NO I STAY YP WITH YOU AND MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" John cried out in protest.

Neither Ricky or Amy rewarded his bad behavior with any for further communication.

Ricky just continued to walk out of the room with his screaming crying little boy in his arms.

John then became more agitated because no one was paying any attention to him.

So once he realized that is screaming and crying wasn't going to get him the attention he craved he started to Kik Ricky's stomach and hit his back. as he was propped up on his father's shoulder so he was able to reach both his stomach and his back.

Ricky could feel his frustration growing but he knew he had to keep his temper under control.

When they finally reached John's bedroom which was located down the hall from the master, Ricky gently set John down on his twin bed.

Ricky then tucked his son back into bad.

" when either mommy or I tuck you in go to bed for the night, it gives us a chance to talk about... grown up things. Besides, it's important to make sure that you get enough rest so that way you're not cranky in the morning." Ricky told him.

" listen, John you know you're supposed to be asleep in bed right now. You also know that you can come and see mommy and daddy in the middle of the night if you need anything. But, you can't come into our room and ask to stay up with us. Then when you got up on the bed next to Mommy and refused to come down and go back to bed I gave you the opportunity to make the right decision. But, you chose not to. So then I had to carry you out. While I was carrying you out to go back to bed you started hitting and kicking Daddy. you know better than that. Okay?" Ricky spoke looking for reassurance that his son was understanding what was going on.

" but, Daddy! I'm not sleepy yet! that's why I wanted to come in to play with you and Mommy." John continue to protest.

" listen, buddy it doesn't matter if you're sleepy yet or not. When daddy or Mommy tucks you in to bed you have to stay there unless you really need help. Like if you are feeling sick or have an accident in bed." Ricky tried to explain.

" but Daddy, what if I have a bad dream? John asked his father.

" like I said, if something like that happens then yes! it's okay to come and get me or Mommy but remember! You can't come in two to see I said just because he want to play. there has to be a good reason. Okay buddy?" Ricky asked his son once again.

" okay Daddy. Daddy?" John asked.

" yes , buddy what is it?" Ricky spoke.

" when you and Mommy left me with Grandma, she told me that I am going to be a big brother." John said.

" yes little man, that's right. You are going to be a big brother." Ricky told him.

" no! I don't want to be a big brother! I don't want the baby to come out of mommy's tummy!" John exclaimed.

" wait, why not? I thought you were excited about becoming a big brother." Ricky asked a little confused.

" no! if there is a new baby you and Mommy won't have anytime for me anymore! you won't read stories to me before bed or play cars with me. I won't be your special little man anymore!" John pouted and tears started pouring down his cheeks.

" oh, buddy no, no that's not true at all. Just because there's going to be a new baby in the house doesn't mean that mommy and I will love you any less." Ricky told John.

" you promise?" John asked again.

" yes, John I promise! I promise that no matter what happens you will always be  Daddy's special little man! Don't worry, even when the new baby comes! Yes, things will be different. Mommy and Daddy are going to have to spend a lot of time with him or her. We are going to have to give a lot of attention to the new baby because he or she won't won't be able  to look after themselves." Ricky begin to explain.

" Really?" John asked.

" yes, really. But, listen that doesn't mean we won't have time for you! daddy and mommy will always have time to read stories to you before bed and to play cars with you. Or whatever other game you want to you want to play. Even if you don't want to play a game, maybe you want to watch a want to watch a movie or go to the park. whatever it is that you would whatever it is that you would like to do, don't worry because daddy and mommy will make time to spend with you doing something that you want to do." Ricky told his son trying to be reassuring.

" okay Daddy." John told his father.

" all right, little man. Good night I love you! Ricky told John.

" night night Daddy I love you too." John told Ricky.

Ricky then leaned over John's bed and gave him a soft kiss on the forehead.

" wow! you took a long time.  so what was going on with John? What was he so upset about? I mean, other than the fact that he didn't get to stay up with us like he wanted to?" Amy asked Ricky once he was back in their bedroom.

" well, he was worried that when the new baby comes we won't have any time for him. He told me that he thought we wouldn't love him anymore." Ricky explained what was going on to his wife.

" oh, well you told him that wasn't true right? you and I both know theirs no way that he could be replaced." Amy spoke.

" yes, Amy of course I did. I told him that yes, when the baby is born and comes home from the hospital things will be different. but I also told him that doesn't matter just because things are different doesn't mean that we love him any less." Ricky said.

" it's actually kind of funny." Amy began to say.

" why would you find our son being upset funny?" Ricky asked.

" no, no that's not funny! what I mean is, this sort of reminds me I've when I was little. my parents told me I was going to be a big sister. They told me that my mom was going to have a baby. Just like we told John." Amy began to explain.

" okay... I still don't understand how it's funny." Ricky said little confused at where this was going.

" well, eventually my mom did end up having the baby, of course. Anyways, so when my dad brought me to the hospital to see her and meet Ashley for the first time... well let's just say things didn't go over so well." Amy continued.

" what do you mean by that? What happened next?" Ricky asked curiously.

" when I entered the hospital room with my dad I saw my mom holding Ashley.

I got excited and I wanted to see her. So then my dad Lifted Me Up on to my mom's hospital bed.

Ashley was asleep before I got on the bed and once I did I accidentally woke her up. I didn't like this out of her crying so I screamed very loudly at her to stop. After that I was school did and then sent to time out. A few days later when my mom and Ashley finally or able to come home from the hospital I started to get really jealous. I was really upset because my mom and dad we spending all of their time taking care of the new baby. So, I started doing really mean things to her."  Amy Said.

" mean things... what sort of mean things?" Ricky asked sanding intrigued.

" well, at the time I was just learning how to play the French horn, so I would conveniently decide to practice during her nap time. At the time I wasn't very good so a lot of it sounded Out Of Tune. Every time this happens of course I ended up getting in trouble. My French horn was taken away and I was sent a time out yet again." Amy finished telling her story.

" oh, you were such a mean big sister!" Ricky exclaimed and then playfully punched Amy's arm.

" hey , stop it! I was kind of, wasn't I?" Amy asked Ricky.

" yeah, you kind of were but you were little and you where just transitioning from being the only child in the house to being a big sister.

John is just at the beginning of that same transition. Don't worry! he will being all right! It might be A Hard Road ahead and it might take sometime but things will work out." Ricky told Amy trying to be as reassuring, understanding, and supportive as possible.

" yeah, I guess... I guess you're right. It's just that I don't like the thought of our little boy excuse me I mean our little man being so upset! By the way when did you become so... I don't really know what the word is. but when did you become someone who says exactly what I need him to right when I need him to say it?"  she asked her husband.

" honestly, I don't know! But, I do know one thing." Ricky spoke and a hash tone a voice.

" oh really, what's that?" Amy asked her husband.

" I love you so much Amy Anne Underwood!" He spoke her full name and then leaned in for a very passionate long kiss.

" I love you so much too Richard Robert Underwood!" Amy spoke and returned the long passionate intimate kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 18K 70
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
192K 7.9K 57
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
486K 10.3K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.6M 54.6K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...