Rebel, Rebel. (h i a t u s)

By Bravery143

"They say think positive and positive things will happen. Think negative and negative things will happen. Bef... More

Rebel, Rebel. (One Direction!)
▲ c h a p t e r t w o ▲
▲c h a p t e r t h r e e ▲
▲ c h a p t e r f o u r ▲
▲ c h a p t e r f i v e ▲
▲ c h a p t e r s i x ▲
▲ c h a p t e r s e v e n ▲

▲ c h a p t e r o n e ▲

943 38 40
By Bravery143

The lights flickered, and the walls shook a bit, making the sound of scratching metal shriek through the tiny silver box of an elevator. A few more shakes, more sounds of metal, and the lights went off completely. The elevator broke down while I was on it. And with all of these people, a tight squeeze, it was. There were definitely too many people on here, probably why it broke down.

I fell into my pessimistic ways and began stamping my heeled foot onto the metal floor, shaking my fists at my sides, “Seriously?! Is this some cheap horror film or something?!”

The cracking of an out-of-tune microphone came from above us all, “Please remain calm. We are working on the electrical shorting now.”

Groaning and complaints slipped the lips of everyone in the elevator. I heard a few people slide down the wall and sit, though I couldn’t see where I was, I decided to sit and wait as well, my feet were in terrible pain. Pressing my back against the cold metal wall, I slid down until I felt my bum hit the floor. I then stretched my legs out. Upon stretching my legs out I felt someone’s foot brush against mine.

“Excuse me,” A thick British accent apologized.

“Great,” I grunted. I’m stuck on the elevator with some brit, who probably won’t shut up, just for the sake of his accent.  I brought my hand to my forehead, rubbing it vigorously as I searched for thoughts and answers.  I opened my eyes to try and look around in the blinding dark, but it was hopeless. Within moments though, a bright white screen lit up the entire elevator, and holding it was a rather shy looking boy. He was a bit tanned, and extremely muscular. He had deep brown eyes, and a shaky, uneasy smile. Light brown, medium length hair, was swept across the very top of his forehead.

“Too bright?” He asked, his smile straightening, as he tilted the screen of his cell phone away.

I shook my head, no. He was only trying to help. I’m sure he didn’t mean to blind me. I looked around the elevator at the other people who were on there with me. He was seated next to a blonde boy, who sat silently, staring at nothing. He had thin lips, and almond shaped eyes. They were as blue as the oceans. He had darkened circles under his eyes, I assumed he was sleepy. Besides the two boys, that side of the elevator was empty.

On the back side of the dark, quiet elevator sat a girl, who had very light hair, it seemed to have an auburn tint to it. Her eyes were brown as well, and rimmed with smoky eye makeup.  She had pale pink lips that were curved into a slight frown. Though she wasn’t very happy looking, she was still pretty. She seemed to have a warm personality, though I knew nothing of her. And by the way she kept stealing glances from the corner of her eye at the boy who held the brightly lit cell phone; she had taken a fancy to him.

Tucked into the corner of that same wall was a tanned boy, with dark hair. He had a strong jaw line, and softly shaped eyes. His eye lashes were thick and dark, and rimmed his dark eyes. His hair was nicely styled into a quaff, and he kept his stare fixed at the ground. His lips were full, and a shade of pink, as well. They were fixed in a permanent smirk, as if it were a natural look for him. He was wearing edgy clothing, a leather jacket, and dark jeans. He seemed to have this mysterious vibe radiating from him.

On the wall that I was leaned onto there was a girl, who was rather close to me. I hadn’t even noticed that someone was sitting so near. She had bold purple hair, and large round, pale blue eyes. So light, they could’ve been mistaken for grey. She looked shorter than the other girl, but much taller than me. But, being taller than me didn’t say much. After all, I’m only 149 centimeters tall. She had a soft shaped face, round, and bright colored cheeks. Wide lips, that curled into a sneer expression. It was obvious she felt the same way I did about this whole situation.  She had a fairly slender body, her legs were long, and ended with her feet being tucked into a pair of blue velvet heels.

I sat back further, slowly slipping into the corner of the wall I was on.

“Shall we play a game to pass the time?” The boy with a shy smile asked. He was wearing a marvel comics shirt, which I admired. He looked between the two boys that were on the elevator with us. The blonde shrugged, and the dark haired boy hadn’t even responded.

The girl with auburn brown hair was admiring the boy in the marvel shirt, again. Me having as little self control as possible, I suddenly broke the silence with the statement, “You over there on the wall. Yeah, you. I see you staring at him.” Her cheeks reddened and she quickly snatched her gaze from the puppy like boy, and fixed her eyes on her hands. Her thumbs were twiddling one another, as if she’d gotten nervous. I felt a little guilty, and sank down further into the corner. The tiny silver box that we were all trapped in was suddenly filled with a tension so thick; it could be cut with a knife.

“That wasn’t very nice…” A deep, rather smooth voice called from the corner. It was the mysterious guy, who I’d preferred not talking to. I moved a bit uneasily, and tried to avoid his eye contact. But it seemed to reach out and grab me, and force me to stare at him. He was quite good looking, nice charm, and the half smirk that was plastered on his face told me that he knew he was good looking. He was proud of it.

I looked away, only to get caught up in a glare with the boy who seemed so puppy dog adorable and innocent. Frustration filling me, I just threw my head back and closed my eyes.

The silence filled the small room once again, and the guilt of causing such embarrassment forced me to open my eyes, and apologize to the warm looking girl.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled, looking up at her through my lashes. Her head tilted up as she looked at me, almost shocked, her mouth slightly open. “It’s okay,” She mumbled in response.

The dark haired mysterious boy opened his mouth to talk, before pausing, and closing it again. There for a moment I got pretty worried he’d say something to make me feel bad once again. But soon after his pause, he blurted out the question, “Do you girls know who we are?”

The boy in the marvel shirt shown his lit up cell phone at him and said, “Zayn…” It sounded more of a warning than an acknowledgment.

Both the purple haired girl, and the girl who’s cheeks were bright and rosy both nodded vigorously as they looked between the 3 boys. Feeling a bit ignorant, I looked around, hoping to figure out who they were.

“You don’t know who they are?” The rosy cheeked girl asked me quietly.

I shook my head, looking around nervously. Oh god, what if these guys are axe murderers from the news. I hadn’t been able to watch the news this morning, I was rushing about. Oh my..

“We’re from One Direction,” Zayn inquired, looking at my with a strange glare, “You didn’t know that?”

One Direction? One Direction? You mean that silly boy group who my twin sister is head over heels for? The boys who are the quote quote, number one heart throbs? With the teeny pop music? And corny shirts and posters?

I groaned, and covered my face with my small hands, “You have got to be kidding me..”

So I’m stuck in an elevator, with some girl with purple hair who is sitting way to close to me, a girl who’s got a major crush on some boy, and a pop boy band. Could my day get worse, or…?

“You mean to say you don’t like our band?” The deep, easy voice called from in front of me.

I opened my eyes to see the boy with the marvel shirt staring at me, hurt glazed his chocolate eyes.

“I’m shocked you guys haven’t tried getting in our panties yet...” I grumbled, looking down at my feet.

I felt a pinch on my thigh, and I flinched, looking over to see Zayn snaking his hand back to his side, winking at me quickly, “Just not yet.”

I raised my hand, and wagged my finger in front of his face, “I don’t think so, honey.”

A cackling laugh, from a voice I had yet to hear echoed through the whole elevator, causing all eyes to flee to the blonde who sat so quietly before.

“I don’t think so, honey!” His mimicked me, with a thick irish accent, accompanied by a very boyish voice.

I looked about all the people who were staring at the boy in amusement, and I grew very hot and frustrated again. I tucked my knees up to my chest and breathed in deep, hoping this cheap horror film situation would come to an end.

“Ah! You’re funny! What is your name?” The boyish irish voice called at me. I raised my head from my knees and looked at him. “Me?”

“Yes, you!”

“I’m.. I’m Trinnitie.” I stumbled over my words.

“Trinnitie?” The boy in the marvel shirt repeated me.

I nodded.

“I’m Liam,” He smiled big and wide, “And this is Niall,” His thumb pointed at the blonde boy, who was now waving at me.

“I’m Brooke,” The rosy cheeked, auburn haired girl added in.

With a sigh, the girl who was way too close to me chimed in, “Just call me JB.”

I nodded to the girls and laid my head into my knees again.

“Shall we play a game to pass time?” Liam persisted.

Every time I try and shut the world out, and just lie here until we’re rescued, someone wants to go and interrupt. I heaved in deep, just ignoring his question, continuing to stare into the darkness of my knees.

“We can play a guessing game? Or we can get to know each other? Maybe we can-“ I couldn’t take anymore of his suggestive rambling.

“HOW ABOUT WE PLAY SHUT THE HELL UP?” My hands shook at each side of me as I shouted at Liam, watching his smile fall into a frown.

“I was only trying to help…” He mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 253 23
More than Just Best Band Friends FanFic of Cali4nia Girls, Cimorelli, and One Direction When a YouTube sensation Cimorelli is asked to tour wit...
1.8M 40.5K 52
Becka is really excited to tell Harry the news about her newly found pregnancy but when she finds him cheating on her, .... again. she can't stand it...
1.8K 42 37
I am writing this story for my little sister...she loves with One Direction. Anyone who reads this and don't like it too bad...then don't read it..bu...
10.3K 127 24
Lucy Hale is a hardcore Directioner with front row tickets to see the boys. However, her dad ruins her chances to meet the boys of her dreams when he...