Gravity Falls Life With Macie...

By xHowToLoveADragonx

Cover made by my friend PacificDraws! Join Macie as she starts her new life with her twin siblings! After the... More

Welcome To Piedmont
Rhodophobia
You Had Me At Yellow...Flower?
Mall Rats
Schedules and Supplies
The Day Before Tomorrow
Education Can Be Hard
Basics in Education and Learning
Is The New Principal Really Our Pal?
Simply The Best
Beyond Two Kids
Operation Find Bill!
All Triagonal Signs Point To Bill
Pum-Pumpkin Catnip Cannon!
Take My Advice and Don't Gamble What You Can't Afford to Lose
Hey, Brother and Sister
Panic! At The Haunted House
The Halloween Bash
Meet The Pines
Keep Moving Forward
Holiday Antics
Starry Night

Costume Preparations

418 15 50
By xHowToLoveADragonx

October 27th 2012

Don't miss it! Piedmont Middle school is hosting their annual Halloween bash!

6pm-9pm

Food drinks games and more!

Don't forget to wear a costume!*

And, in tiny little words, No weapons of any kind.

"Annual? As in you two've been to this before?" I quirk an eyebrow and raise the neon orange flyer in the twins' general direction.

"Yup."

"Exactitude."

"Are they fun?" The two look to each other before grinning and nodding heads at the same time. "Oooooo! Can we go!?"

"Well duh we're going!" Mabel excites, grabbing the flyer out of my hand and tossing it up in the air.

Dipper inserts his hands in his pockets. "We weren't really sure how you would feel about them since social stuff isn't really your thing...- I mean, before, you were fine but now...? We aren't exactly sure."

"Well..." I tilt my head, "I really like going to these things and playing the games, eating the food and what not. It doesn't mean that I'm absolutely going to speak to someone..."

"Fair point."

"SO!" Mabel interrupts loudly, "What costumes are we gonna wear this year!? OH! I know! Let's be the three blind mice!"

Dipper and I share a look of disgust. "Uhhhh, yeeeeah no. I am not dressing up as a mouse with sunglasses on while walking around with a cane."

"Yeah, Mabel," my brother backs me up as he rubs the nape of his neck, "I think- if we have to dress up as a group- it should be something cooler."

Shooting Star's demeanor changes in an instant, stilling us both. "Dipper, there is no way we're not triplet costuming this year."

"Remind me not to deny her of triplet activities..." I lean over and whisper into the boy's ear. An audible gulp can be heard as he nods slowly. "So! What's the plan then, Mabes?"

She smiles once again, which I'm thankful for. "Okay! So there's always a costume contest, so our costumes gotta be AMAZING!"

"Well, your peanut butter and jelly costumes were cute on Summerween," I point out, silently chuckling at Dipper's flushed cheeks.

"Yeah but that was Summerween! And... I dunno, I wanted to do triplet costumes that time but I guess the show wanted us to do what we did regardless of you being our triplet."

I nod to Mabel, she's right as always.

"So we're gonna do what we do every year- the years you don't remember- and dress up as a group!" Dipper frowns, crossing his arms.

"And what do you propose we do? I agree with Macie. I'm not dressing up as a blind mouse!"

"Alright, alright! We'll think of something together! Maybe go to the store?" our sister suggests.

I quickly jump on board. "Yeah! Let's do that!" I guess I should explain myself because the twins are looking at me with raised eyebrows and questioning stares. "See, I used to have to find myself a costume or make them and- well, basically, I don't think I've ever actually just went to a store and bought a costume."

"Ooooo! Yay! Another Scrapbookertunity!" *Snap* A flash of light comes out of nowhere. I blink my eyes to recover from it. Mabel apparently took out a Polaroid out of, again, nowhere and took a picture of my unready face. "This one's gonna get a whole new chapter!" she giddily squeals, running upstairs.

'I assume she's getting her scrap book ready?'

"Yup," Dipper says.

'Did I say that out loud? Must've...'

Footsteps hurriedly tumble back down the stairs as a blur of brown and pink zoom by. "Let's go!"

"Whoa!" I sidestep my speedy sister, missing her elbow by a hair.

She stops by the front door, holding the door knob and giving my taken aback brother and me expected looks. "COME ON!" Her outburst makes it out to the back-freaking-yard as a woman in gardening gear comes in.

'Does she not have another hobby? It's October! This is no time for botany!'

"Where do you kids think you're going?" Her foot taps the carpeted floor.

"Uh..." Dipper looks around wearily, "the Halloween store?"

"Not without lunch you aren't! I made sandwiches!" Mom's demeanor changed so fast I think I got whiplash!

"Aw yes!" Dipper runs ahead, Mabel close behind. "Thanks Mom!"

Mom chuckles, then looks to me. "Well go on, Macie, go eat lunch."

"Ah, right...thanks.." I mumble and head into the kitchen, taking my seat and grabbing a rectangular sandwich.

Dipper and Mabel are already munching on their shares as I just start.

*Ding dong*

"Kiiiids!" Our heads shoot up at Mom's voice. "It's your friend, Aiden! Want me to let him in?!"

Giving each other three way glances, I answer, "Yeah, Mom!"

Seconds later, after the sound of the front door shuts, 'Aiden' walks in. "Heya, kids!" he says cheerfully, taking a seat at the table.

"Hi, Bill," I greet first since the other's mouths are full of an assortment of meat, bread and... 'Mabel eats sandwiches with mustard?! Gross!'

"Good job with using the front door!" 

I laugh.

"Thanks, Shooting Star! Though, I was hiding upstairs the entire time while you two were talking...." We stare at the boy with wide eyes. "ANYWAY! I heard costumes, Halloween, store, shopping and I thought, wow, I'd love to do that stuff!"

"Oh my gosh yes~!" Mabel stands up in her chair, a piece of crust flying through the air. 'She must have ripped it off mid jump since she hates the crust. I learned that the hard way...' "Dipper! We can have an even bigger group costume group!"

"Ugh..." The boy slams his face down on the table with a loud thud.

"What? Group? Nah, this is my time to be the scariest thing ever! Scare some snot-nosed kid's underwear off! Do you know what it was like to watch Halloween for centuries and not be able to participate?! This is my chance!!" Bill's voice goes kind of demonic at the end.

"What the what!? No! We gotta get the best group costume for the contest! Group costumes almost always win!" Shooting Star whines with a high pitched voice. I sit and silently observe the whole debacle, nibbling on my food.

"Can't we discuss this later, at the store?" The only reasonable person here proposes.

"Fine, Dip.... LET'S GO!"

I don't even get to finish my sandwich, 'I am so freaking slow when I eat', before Mabel grabs my arm and drags me and Dipper out the front door. Bill follows willingly, of course, having a big grin on his face as he laughs at our pain.

'I don't think Mabel knows her own strength...' I groan.

~~Time Skip brought to you by: My old Halloween party I went to in grade school!~~

We soon arrive at a store called Phantom. 'This world's equivalent to Spirit?'

"Wait. Why do we have to shop? I can just conjure what we nee-!" Bill gets cut off by Mabel.

"No! That, like, totally takes away the fun of shopping and trying on different costumes! It's lame if you put in no effort!"

"Eh... What if you're, like, super lazy and don't wanna do anything that requires work?" Bill throws him arms out at me in agreement with what I said.

"No! We're gonna have fun! Plus this is our time for new memories for you, Macie!" She pulls out her camera phone this time, "Click!" saying the sound effect as she takes me and Bill's picture. I take a peek at it and almost die on the spot.

My face is so totally not ready for that picture she just took and- oh my gosh!- Bill has the most perfect face! He was in the middle of looking disapproved by Mabel's memory claims and his eyes are half squinted and- *Wheeze*.

I can't help it. I take hold the camera and zoom in. That only made my laughing worse as I fall to the floor.

"Jeez, Ring, I can't look that bad can I?" Bill asks as he takes the camera from my hand. "Oh my goodness!" He then lobs the device far across the store. I sober at that moment and stand up. Seconds later, a crash and an over-dramatic, shrill shriek rings out. 'I'm gonna assume the phone hit one of those 'STEP ON ME' buttons and activated a display.'

"Ouch.." Dipper winces, closing his eyes. He and I both know what's coming next.

I stare my brother dead in the eye and say, "Run." The boy takes off, but before I follow, I give the former triangle dream demon a sympathetic look, which he only returns with a confused one.

'He'll see what I mean in 3..2..1..'

And that's when Mabel exploded.

~~Time Skip bright to you by: "Krabby Patties go right to your thighs! ...And then you'll blow up!"~~

Dipper and I stayed close by when Mabel flipped out, eager to see what would happen to the poor demon. First, Mabel was livid, then she  started to tear up, making Bill panic as, he quotes, he doesn't know what to do when a girl cries.

Quickly thinking on his feet, he conjures a new phone and presents it to the girl, who happily takes it, sniffs and wipes her eyes, saying thank you, but not before punching him in the shoulder.

"We good to go now?" I ask, coming out from our hiding spot behind a shelf of accessories.

"Yeah! Look! Bill got me a super camera phone!" Mabel holds it up and shows off some of the new features.

"Cool." I smile. "So what are we gonna do for costumes?"

"Right! I was thinking of getting some of my friends from school to be in on it! That way, we'll have the biggest group!"

"Who would we invite? We don't exactly have that many friends... and I'm pretty sure Bill over here has his own plans..." Dipper jabs his thumb towards said boy.

"Huh?" Bill was spaced out but came back at mention of his name. "Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be...get ready for this...it's the scariest thing in existence... ME! Ahahahaha~!"

I face palm. Of course he thinks the scariest thing in existence is him. Why wouldn't he? He is very egotistical.

"Whaaaaat? Seriously?!" My sister whines.

"Uh, yeah? I don't wanna be apart of your, ragtag group of kids dressing up in, let's say, three blind mice!"

"We aren't gonna be three blind mice!" Dipper exasperates, tired of discussing this.

"Guys, please, can we just figure out what we're gonna be!? Let's meet up here in fifteen minutes with ideas and outfits, then we can discuss." Everyone seems to contemplate my proposal before agreeing and heading off. 'Finally...this is getting to be so drawn out.'

I sigh, pooped out from today's events and it's only...two in the afternoon. The bash starts in four hours, so we really don't have time to plan anything big. How does Mabel expect to get some of her friends in on this when they might already have plans and what not?

That's why I think it should just be the three of us. I'd say four, but...I kinda wanna see how Bill is gonna dress as himself.

Half an hour later, I can only come up with a couple costume ideas. Mabel and I meet up front more while I think Dipper is still in the back and who knows where Bill went off to. "Whadya got?"

Mabel sighs, looking a bit dejected, "I called Kinsey and Carly but they already had plans for what they're wearing..."

"Aw," I wrap an arm around her shoulder, "it's okay, Mabes, we'll just do it the three of us."

"Wait...I've got the best idea..." Mabel gently takes my arm off her and quickly dashes off, leaving me to stand there flabbergasted. Suddenly, Dipper comes up, staring off where Mabel took her leave, with a pile of assorted clothing, wigs, weapons, and other such Halloween-y things.

"What the heck did you say to her?" he asks.

I splutter, "N-nothing! She just said that she got an idea all of a sudden and then took off! Don't blame me!" I finish with a laugh as I come to terms with what the heck just happened and how ridiculous my nerdy brother looks at the moment.

"What?" Dipper looks away embarrassed, giving me the assumption that he knows just what I'm talking about.

"Got enough costumes there?" I quirk my eyebrow with a smirk on my lips.

"Sh-shut up, you don't remember going costume shopping with Mabel. I've learned you got to pick up everything that might remotely interest her."

I open my mouth for a second before saying, "Ah. So, what kinds you got?"

"Uh, just a sec," The clothes topple to the ground. I bend down to help him pick them up, but I realize he did this on purpose to find what he wanted in a faster manner. "I found some triple group ones, condiments, uhhh, ketchup, mustard and mayo... Oh, I liked this one-" He holds up a cow costume, an alien, and a UFO.

I snort, covering my mouth and nose as he can't help but laugh, too. 

"I know, I know, it's great," he says through chortles.

I nod, still laughing through my nose.

"What about you?"

"Me? I mean- I thought about some, browsed a bit, but I only have one good idea out of all the time we've been here."

"Cool, what? Where're the outfits?"

I rub the nape of my neck, "Uh, they wouldn't be sold here... It's probably impossible to get..." Dipper looks confused. "I'll show all of you when we get home, yeah?"

"Alright," he shrugs, "let's gather the others then."

~~Time Skip brought to you by: Put in your guesses now! What group costume do you think Macie's thinking of?! HINT: It's an AU~~

"Quit whining!"

"Noooo, they didn't have me! Why wouldn't they have me!? Like, I'm the most feared being in the universe!"

"Were, Cipher, probably were... See, I don't think people even know about you like they did back in the day."

"What? That's ridiculous!"

Bill and I argue about his status while the twins grab some snacks downstairs. Said ex-dream demon is upset about my claims. "Just, shut up, will you? It's not a big deal. Just conjure something."

"I can't conjure anything that has to do with my old self..."

"Well, rest in peace then."

"Rest in peace? I'm not dead..." he trails off as the bedroom door opens. The twins walk in with smiles and crackers.

"Hey guys! We got cheese and crackerrrrs~!" I smile as Mabel happily places the tray on my computer desk off to the side.

"Yum," Dipper grabs one, after setting down a couple water bottles, dipping it in the cheese and munching greedily.

"So. The group costume?" Bill deadpans, probably not in the mood now that I said no one probably knows him anymore.

"Right," I spin in my computer chair and boot up the web. "So I was thinking we could dress up as you guys, but from an AU." The two give each other looks.

'Also, where the heck did Bill go? He was here a minute ago...?' Never-minding Bill's absence, I explain, "An AU, in shows and literally anything, means alternate universe where things can be super different or just mildly different. This one is called Reverse Falls. So basically, the roles of Gideon, Pacifica, and you two, are reversed."

"Wait, so we're Gideon and Pacifica?" Mabel asks with a hint of disgust in her eyes.

"No, no, you two are the evil Gleeful twins while Gideon and his cousin Pacifica takes a trip up to Gravity Falls."

"Okay first, that's a horrible AU, second, what about Bill? Is he in it?"

I chuckle at my brother, "Yeah, he is."

"AWESOME! WHERE AM I? AM I EVEN MORE EVIL!?" Us triplets startle as Bill suddenly falls from the ceiling.

"What the hey, Bill!? Where were you!?"

"Relax, Shooting Star, I was on the roof looking at different things that you don't need to know about..."

Dipper's eyes squint as he crosses his arms, "Bill...What were you doing? You better tell us," he demands, completely serious.

"Dude, guys, chill. I..." he sighs, "I was just trying on some costumes..." His cheeks flush.

'Aw! He's embarrassed!'

"What...were...you...dressing...up...as?" Mabel says curiously slow.

"Um...me?" he shyly admits.

"Pfffffft, hahahaha!" I let out a hefty, high pitched squeal. The others look at me but I can't see them through the tears forming. 

"Whaaat?" Bill whines.

"Just-...haha, just lemme see what you were trying out."

He just looks at me with a glare.

"Please?" I beg, giving him my best puppy eyes. I'll probably never be as good as my professional sister.

"Fine..."

Mabel whoops while Dipper looks pleasingly amused.

With a snap of his fingers, and a little bit of blue flames, Bill stands where he stood like normal, except for the fact that he's donning a giant, foam, triangle version of himself with his head sticking out in the middle. 

The top hat's on top, his one eye near the top, arms and legs protruding from their respective places. Finally, the classic brick pattern and bow tie rests perfectly in place.

Dipper, Mabel, and I all give each other glances. Mabel is squeezing her cheeks in with stars in her eyes, but keeps silent. Dipper is looking about to explode. His hands over his mouth doesn't stop his quivering in trying to control his laughter.

"Alright," I spread my hands out, "I'll say it first..."

Then we all exploded into laughter.

Except Bill. He looks completely done with this universe.

"Guys stop laughing." We don't. "Come on, Pine Tree, Ring, Shooting Star, stop!" Nope. "It's not funny! Argh... ENOUGH!"

I stop instantly, flinching at his voice. Memories of Weirdmageddon flash in my head. In the corner of my eye, I can see my siblings flinch, too, though they did so more severely.

"I-..." Bill isn't sure what to say or do, so he teleports out of my room. 

"Y'all okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. But have you ever seen Bill like that?" Dipper starts.

"So...so remorseful?" Mabel finishes.

I shake my head no.

~~Time Skip brought to you by: Does anybody here play Dead By Daylight? Oh my gosh it's one of my favorite games! We should play sometime!~~

"So you guys are really okay?" I ask my twins with my foot halfway out the front door.

Mabel giggles, "Yes, Macie, we're fine, just took us by surprise is all."

I look to my brother and he nods in agreement.

"Just go already, Mace! Me and Mabel are gonna research some more of that AU."

"Alright, alright!" I wave. "Be back later!"

And so, I start my journey to 'Aiden's' house. Bill actually gave the twins and me his address a while back, but we just never had a purpose of going over since he always just appears.

Literally.

I decided to end it here and split this into two parts because I wanted to publish this ASAP! Yay! Long chapter! I hope you all enjoyed! Next chapter: The Halloween bash and a look into Bill's house!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 7.3K 39
Reverse Falls AU! WE NEED MORE OF THESE,PEOPLE! The Gleeful twins,Dipper and Mabel,head out to Gravity Falls,Oregon to uncover the town's secrets and...
3.6K 173 26
Gideon Pines spends the summer with his cousin, Pacifica Southeast, and her family. He doesn't expect much of the summer, but that expectation quickl...
194K 3.5K 28
After recovering Ford (Stan's Brother) from the portal, Stan decided it would be safer if the Pines twins went home. So without question Dipper and M...
49K 1.6K 14
Mabel Pines used to be the happiest girl in the world, but when she returns to Gravity Falls in the summer after her first year of high school. It's...