ππ„π‡πˆππƒ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ€π’πŠ...

By greedyxthriller

ππ„π‡πˆππƒ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ€π’πŠ, stormi evans is the biggest female r&b singer on the planet. with the fam... More

behind the mask.
π’πˆπƒπ„ 𝐀
tabloids and rumors.
everything's gonna be alright.
studio twenty-six.
five dolla' rumors.
crack is whack.
our friendship will never fade.
a slient goodybe.
gonna swing my way?
video soul.
cry for you.
fire and desire.
what's love got to do with it?
new year, new us.
twenty one, baby!
baby bombshells.
unseen memories.
guns and underage girls.
the downfall of donald degrate.
two words, death row.
never ever again.
busy, busy, busy.
my muse.
dad?
the end of the road.
π’πˆπƒπ„ 𝐁
000. CASTING + SOUNDTRACK!
till death does us apart.
how stormi got her groove back.
heartaches, heartbreaks, and dreams.
is you or is you not?
they shot me, but they didn't kill me.
can you stand the rain?
quick question?
can you stand the rain (alt. ending)

sweet and sexy with a dash of savage.

1.5K 66 12
By greedyxthriller

𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐢 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒃𝒚 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝑽𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒉𝒚 𝒃𝒚 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔 | 08 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉 1994

You're expecting her to float delicately into the room, but instead Stormi Evans strides in with a purposeful air. She comes in dressed way down in some Levi jeans and a Prince Purple Rain shirt. No makeup and her hair is in a curly Afro, while her smile is welcoming she daps me up. Her orgin of The Bay Area side is definitely showing. But, she keeps her street side classy. Welcome to the softer side of savage. 

Since Stormi's burst on the scene at nineteen in 1991, it's been easy for her to sell records, harder for her to get respect. Her certified signature and iconic albums - Sweet Sexy Savage (1991), and Muse (1993). All together have sold over 104 million copies worldwide. She so far has charted nine number one singles, and the best debut album of all time. She has won three Grammys, seven Billboard Music Awards, three American Music Awards, and many other citations and plats listed under her name.

" 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐎𝐀𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎
𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃, 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊."

But the acclaim, fame and wealth that have made Stormi Evans a household and worldwide name have been laced with biting criticism, lies, insults and rumors. One week the tabloids raise questions about her sexual preferences; the next week they say she is pregnant by Michael Jackson, while the third week they report she is marrying rapper, Tupac Shakur.

It's enough to drive a good girl to drink, drugs or at least to cursing out interviewers and reporters. But, for Stormi she says "I've had my struggles in the past, but I've learned to block the negativity and receive the positive." During a candid, wide-ranging interview in her $14 million dollar, Newark mansion, she talks - and laughs about success and the height of pain and fame.

"Picture this," she says, curling up on the plush beige sofa in her pink-accented living room. "You wake up every day with a magnifying glass over you. Someone always is looking for something - somebody, somewhere is speaking your name every five seconds of the day, whether it's positive or negative. Like my friend Michael [ Jackson ] says, You want our blood but you don't want our pain.'"

"I've had a couple of boyfriends, you can count them on one hand. My mother raised me to respect my body and not let any and everybody in my temple. She told me that the way to a man's heart is not by opening your legs. You let him get to know you first. All that stuff has stayed with me, and it has worked for me, because it has allowed me to know that this is mine!" she says, pointing her slender index fingers inward for emphasis. "It is better to preserve yourself because nobody likes anything that's old and worn out." She laughs exuberantly.

To the media she declares: "You don't live with me every day! So how can you say that this is what I am or what I do?"

But there is somethings that the media catches ahold of. For her 21st birthday, Stormi let the cameras all in as she threw a big bash at New Jersey's biggest club 40/40. Among all the guest where huge, movie stars, singers, rappers, producers, dancers. You name it, it was definitely the party of the year. As Stormi sits quietly, I notice a rather large diamond ring, (7.5 karats) dominating her hand. And indeed it's the engagement ring that'd she was preserved with just a few weeks ago.

Stormi flashes a broad, girlish smile and casually extends her hand. The baguette diamonds sparkle in the sunlight. "Isn't it beautiful?" she asks. "I literally cried my eyes out after he proposed."

Stormi says she was introduced to her fiancé, one and only DeVante Swing from talented R&B group, Jodeci, back in 1990. She showcases a very lovely relationship that they have even adding a comment for the critics. "If I thought I wasn't ready, I would've said no and kept it pushing. I love him and I'm ready. I've found my soulmate."

We talk briefly about her relationship with DeVante, but she reminds me that she likes to keep her love life private. "It's the only thing that I can keep to myself. I understand that it's a big deal. But I just don't want it to overcome the music. This is not a gimmick, this is real life." Once she gets that off her chest, we move over towards her success in music. Music has been good to Ms. Evans.

"𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓, 𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐆𝐄. 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐄 ."

As executive producer of the album, Stormi took a wider role in its production, co-writing a majority of the songs, choosing which ones to produce and sharing ideas on the mixing and mastering of tracks. Most of the lyrical content of the album was set to depict the sweet, sexy and savage side of Stormi's role as a woman.

It's musical range is very different than most songs that were projected during the early 90's. Upon its release, SweetSexySavage received generally favorable reviews from critics and earned several accolades, including the Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album at the 35th Annual Grammy Awards in 1992. The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 100, selling over 741,000 copies in its first week of sales. It was also successful in international music markets and yielded four singles.

In late 1992 at the Billboard Music Awards the album was awarded, Best Debut Album of All Time and Best Selling Album of 1991-1992. It has since been certified Diamond by Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The album was listed by the National Association of Recording Merchandisers at number five on its "Definitive 200" album list.

"I think SSS will always be my most favorite album that I will ever create. I just had so much fun with my producers, shout out to Babyface, Al B. Sure!, Puffy, DeVanté, and Teddy. They are such incredible, talented, and creativity artists. It was more about enjoyment than numbers and I'm grateful for that."

Did you feel like you had to top that success? It's huge, not everyone lives up to that again.

"Nah, It's not about the numbers it about the music and lyrical delivery. But don't get me wrong, having number one songs and a multi-platinum and diamond album is incredible and gives you something to celebrate. But me, I'm in this for the creativity, the art, the feelings that I get when the fans are screaming my songs outside my hotel room." She pauses for a minute, wiping a few droplet of tears from her eyes.

"The fact that I have millions of people that love me for the music that I create will forever bring me to my knees. That's why I do this, I do it for my people, people back home in Oakland. I do it to give the young generation a example, that dreams do and will come true. I do it for the world. I made Muse, with the thought of this is my life written into song form. I reflect so much over Muse and I'm hundred percent grateful and happy people see the same."

Her sophomore album, Muse. Didn't top the success of SSS, but definitely hit the bat. Stormi was inspired to create a record with a basis in traditional rhythm and blues that stood apart from contemporary popular music. Developing diverse vocal styles and influences from funk, hip hop, and soul music.

The album has sold 4 million copies worldwide. Her first single, Bright a soulful explanation of social injustice and stereotypes of young men and women. Her next and latest single, Again is still on the charts after being released in August of last year. Muse, has definitely been a quite enjoyable and tragic era. With experiences with difference genres of music to experiences in an accident that would leave the superstar helpless and broken.

Just one day before Christmas Eve, December 23rd, 1993. Stormi left her Newark home that we sit in today, on track to catch her flight and head out to the Staples Center for a Christmas Eve performance in Los Angeles. A place and performance she wouldn't make it to. Around 2 that afternoon, plane 1446 bulged through the sky, bumping across Illinois's Highway 114, slicing off the top of a truck and decapitating the driver. The plane turnt a full 360, jerking back hitting a water tank immediately causing the left wing to explode into flames.

A total of 156 people lost their lives that day. For a month, Stormi laid in a hospital bed fighting for her life. She was in a induced coma and while she was  unconscious, the R&B world of music was closed off. Other artist paid their respect, alongside radio stations that played her music all day. Her birth city, Oakland painted a mural of her on the street she grew up on. The Bronx also decided to give her the key of the city on her 22nd birthday that was unwittingly missed because of the turbulent accident.

As she answered the heart-fill questions about the accident tears ripped at her eyes. The topic was touchy and emotional and I promised not to bring it up again, but she responded in a concerned and humble manner, "I'm alright, I just haven't really talked about it publicly. The accident has really changed me physically and mentally. Sometimes I just don't feel like myself. I wanna be 100 percent there, before I jump up and go on tour and create another album. That's why I haven't started working on my own project yet. I hope everybody can understand that, I just pray and wish nobody has to go through this. It's very difficult dealing with PTSD and survious guilt. Days ontop of days I couldn't even sleep. Since then I've been to the doctor and gotten help for all the anxiety attacks and nightmares. It's a difficult time."

"I believe that they can understand. We're praying that you get through this." Stormi gives me a quite nod and a small smile. She's in pain, but she pushes through it. She's a real person just like everybody else, she has her struggles, demons and she has feelings. We move on to a brighter subject, as I notice her sudden change in the atmosphere.

Do you consider you're self a hip-hop artist?

"I don't think, so. I'm conceived as an R&B singer. I have hip-hop and rap related in my music, especially with the beats. I do write hip-hop songs through."

What does songwriting mean to you?

"Everything, it's my relaxation. I love making stories up and basing songs off of them."

In just three years she has written a huge load of #1 hits such as, Remember The Time (1992), and In The Closet (1993) by Michael Jackson, Real Love (1992), and What's The 411? (1992) by Mary J Blige, Weak (1993) by SWV, Knockin Da Boots (1993) by H-Town, Any Time Any Place (1993) by Janet Jackson, Anniversary (1993) by Tony! Toni! Toné!, I Miss You (1994) by Aaron Hall,  Just Kickin It  (1993) by XSCAPE, and Can We Talk (1993) by Tevin Campbell. A few noticeable songs she's co-written for this year are Jodeci's Jodecial Hotline (1993) and Boys II Men's hit single I'll Make Love To You (1994). Just look close enough and you'll probably see her name written on many of R&B's hit songs, albums, movies and all. Stormi Evans is a triple threat. She sings, she writes, she produces. And may we add that she made her acting debut in John Singleton's hit movie, Poetic Justice (1993). Starring, Janet Jackson and Tupac Shakur.

" 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐃, & 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 ."

Are you eager to continue you're mother's career?

I don't know, I've never really thought about it. I wanna have my own name, I just don't wanna be known as Dorothy Dandridge's daughter. I'm more than that, she lives through me in many ways. I just wish she was here to see all of this.

What was you're childhood like?

[ Stormi exhales dramatically, laying out on the couch. ] A hot ass mess, it was good in a lot of ways though. I got to experience stuff that a bunch of Hollywood kid's don't. I grew up on 14th Street in the Bay. I lived in the projects with Ms. Huff, ( a family friend, that is also Stormi's manager. ) I didn't live with my mother until I was eleven. I witnessed things that still haunt me today, but I dust it off and move on with my life. I wish I could've had a different perspective, but I do know that the Bay is an amazing fresh of air and in grateful I grew in the city. I just wish the event could've been changed. Shoutout to all the real ones in The Bay, Oakland, and Crenshaw District. 

Are you appreciative if what you saw?

Yeah, I've got more to be grateful for. I've got everything I need and want right here. I couldn't ask God for anything else.

How has you're huge success changed your life?

It's really strange. You become this personality instead of a person. That's what's strange about this image business - the more popular you become, the weirder they want to make you. I read some stuff about myself in the last year - it's like "Who the fuck are they talking about?" It's always some other crazy shit - which is why I don't like doing interviews. Because they lie. They just outright lie. But I try to be as humble and normal as possible. It may be hard, but I'll do what I can to stay myself.

How do you look at other women artists who might be considered your competition?

People who go out and buy me, buy me for me. Furthermore, we are all in this together. Like I said earlier, it isn't about the most records sold it's about my light of being a successful African American women in the music industry. I worry about Stormi and what I need to be doin' not nobody else. I am my own competition.

Artist such as TLC and Aaliyah have say you inspired them. As much so, as TLC naming their album Crazy, Sexy, Cool (1994) and Aaliyah basing her style off of you. How does that feel?

Like I'm doing something right. Makes me feel good inside!

You have another gigantic record right now. Do you feel much pressure to sustain that level?

Muse, that's my baby! It's doing well and I'm not even promoting it. I haven't been on tour, y'know none of that. It really shows how many loyal fans I have out there. Thank you, I love you!

Among the hard lessons that this talented diva says she's learned during her brief career in the limelight are: 1. You can't change people; you just accept them for the way they are. 2. Working with your family and being the boss is a difficult though not impossible undertaking, and 3. Men are a trip. "Dad's really a trip," she adds.

"Your family-friends can really get on your nerves, and they know they get on your nerves. So I get mad. I fire everybody, then hire them back. You see, everything else in the world can be wrong with me, but my team has to be right or nothing will be right with me. I've also learned that problems don't change, no matter if you have millions, billions, or zillions. You still got problems."

Love or hate her, she will still succeed. A diamond certified album, a multi-platinum album, hundreds of awards and success. She is still Stormi Evans from the Bay and will always be.

MY NOTE!
______

I hope y'all enjoyed this filler, until my writer's block goes away. I'm spend my weekend, getting inspired! See y'all, soon! Oh, and I'll update for better or for worse this weekend too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.2K 32
π‘πŽπŽπŒ πŸ•ΝŸπŸΝŸπŸ‘ΝŸ devantΓ© swing Β© 𝙼𝙸𝙰 π™Άπ™Ύπ™»π™³πš‚ ❝ what if everything you ever wanted, cost you everything you believed...
59.1K 2K 25
imagines based on the best songs in the universe!
3.2K 49 8
. . . . A Trauma Bound Damsel Meets Her Knight In Shining Armor....Or So She Thought. 🀍
16.3K 716 55
THIS IS BOOK 2! The first book is Come & Talk to Me: A DeVantΓ© Swing Fanfiction, so READ IT FIRST to understand THIS book and each character better...