The War

By Umme-Ayman

A girl named Savannah turns into a vampire and deals with a lot of problems; emotionally, physically, and sex... More

Prologue
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 1

1.1K 14 16
By Umme-Ayman

I woke up in relief knowing it was just a dream. I usually have these kinds of weird dreams about war and supernatural creatures. I feel like sometimes it's trying to tell me something but I just move on with life because at the end of the day, it's only a dream. I got up, got ready and headed downstairs. As usual, my parents were arguing. They never got along all these years and it just makes me curious because it makes me wonder if they ever loved each other at one point. I tried my best to ignore them and made breakfast. I toasted half a bagel and spread cream cheese on it. Then I poured up some coffee and started to drink.

"What is your problem? " My dad yelled.

"I think you should know by now! We always have to deal with this and I'm tired of it!" My mom replied.

"I thought it would be good for what's going to happen soon! She's going to find out eventually!" He replied.

"Well it's just getting worse because of you. Why are you even here? I can do this on my own!"

"Because I CAN BE!" He yelled, pushing my mom making her fall to the floor. I got up immediately and pushed my dad out of the way.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked. I wanted to know what was going on and what they're fighting over. What did he mean about someone finding out? What is it that I don't know? I pushed my mom to the side and put my arm across her chest so she wouldn't get hurt by my dad in case he tried to aim at her.

"This is between me and her. You don't need to get involved." My dad yelled.

"I am tired of this! You two both need to stop!" I commanded. He suddenly left while making abnormal stomps and growls as he went up the stairs.

"Thanks." She said quietly. My mom and I don't get along either but I'll still be there for her. Sometimes I wonder how we're even related because we barely look alike. My skin is more of a lighter shade than hers, my hair is long and brown, and hers is short and a light shade of blonde. My eyes are light green and hers are brown and the only thing we have in common is how we both are fairly thin. Her height is shorter than mine as I'm taller than both of them. 

I finished my breakfast, got my bag and left to go to school. 

................................................................................................................................................................

I was at the hallway going to my locker when somebody pushed me against the lockers. It was Jason. Jason had brown hair, light blue eyes and was quite muscular. He was dashing but he was such an ass. An ass who probably had a crush on me, based on how he acts every time he sees me. Today, he was wearing a plaid shirt with jeans. He was one of those popular guys who always picked on others to make himself feel good but I never let it affect me.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" I asked.

"Nothing is wrong with me." He replied as he leaned in closer.

"Then why do you have to push me?"

"Cause you were in my way!"

"So you're going to push people around? Learn some manners!"

"You have no right to tell me what to do."

"And you have no right to push people around."

"There is no-one around and you don't know what I can do." He said, coming closer as I took a step back.

"Oh honey, you don't know what I can do."

"I'm not afraid to hurt you."

"Go ahead, I am not afraid to hurt you either." I said, waiting for him to do something. His eyes glared into my eyes and he started to make me feel nervous. His actions were so dominating at times and it was so clear that I was okay with it. I bit my lip and he noticed I wasn't scared so he took a step back.

"You're a brave girl." He said as he left. "I like that."

I got my things from my locker and made my way to class. I ended up being thirty minutes early to school so I went to the library and checked out some books.

At lunch, I sat with my two best friends: Sarah and Tony. We sat far from where people were because we liked to have our privacy. Loud people disturb our vibes and we didn't need any of that behaviour around us.

"I saw you and Jason at the lockers, for like a second. What was going on there?" Sarah asked curiously. She was naturally tan with light brown hair that had blonde highlights and she was wearing a pink top with sweatpants. She was that kind of girl who didn't care about how she looked and that was one of the things I loved about her.

"Nothing really." I said as I took a bite out of my pasta.

"What do you mean 'nothing really'?" Sarah said. "It was something, I could just tell."

"Oh Sarah." Tony sighed. Tony has dark brown hair and light brown eyes. He was tanned and wore a black top with jeans.

"He was just bothering me, so I showed him who's boss." I said.

"Anything else?" She asked curiously.

"Well, he liked it when I was trying to be tough. He's kind of a weirdo." I said.

"That means he likes you!" Sarah said excitedly. "Oh my god!"

"Please, no!" Tony said. "You need some food, eat!"

"Wow, Tony. I see someone is a little moody." Sarah said.

"Trust me, he doesn't like me. He does this with every girl." I said.

"If you two end up being together, watch what I will do." Sarah said.

"What will you do?" Tony said.

"I'll do what I always do. I'll say... I TOLD YOU SO!" Sarah said.

"Okay fine." I laughed.

As we were eating our food, three girls walked to our table. One was blonde, fair-skinned wearing jeans and a striped shirt. One was brunette and tanned, wearing a dress and the other had brown hair and was dark-skinned wearing a beautiful pink dress flowing down to her knees. From far away, we knew who it could be. The '3 bitches', we call them.

"What do you want?" Tony asked.

"Oh, I see you guys are at the loner table." The blonde joked as the other two laughed along.

"Thanks for noticing Tracy!" Sarah said. "We don't really care about your opinion because we can sit wherever we want to."

"Whatever." The girl said. "Who is this girl?"

"My name is Savannah!" I said.

"Well nice outfit, Savan." She said.

"My name is Savannah! It's not that hard to get my name right. What are you, some dumb freak?" I said.

"Why are you even here? Just leave. We don't need to hear your complaints, adios!" Tony said.

"I don't need to leave. It's my life meaning I can do whatever I want."

"Okay, if you don't want to leave, we'll leave." Sarah said as we all got up and went to another table to sit. 

After finishing our lunch, we still had twenty-five minutes left. So we started to plan our weekend and we decided to go to the beach. The weather was quite warm for mid-May, with trees and flowers already blooming, as well as the days becoming longer. It was pretty exciting, thinking about the fun that we were going to have. When lunch ended, we all went to our own classes.

Then after school, Sarah and I walked home together. As we crossed the streets towards the forest we go through to go home, a random man was running as fast as he could and was screaming ridiciously the whole time. I managed to stopped him.

"Why are you screaming?" I asked.

"There's.... there's a vicious... h-human...animal on the loose...a s-supernatural thing, I don't know. But you need to get out... of here now.. p-please." He trembled, out of breath.

"There's no such thing as that!" Sarah said.

"Yes, there is. That's fine if you don't believe me! Just... j-just d-don't go through the forest." He said as he ran off. His voice was stuttering as he spoke and he ran off as quickly as he could.

Then a second later, more people came out of the forest.

People started to scream as they passed us.

One lady came up to me and said, "Do not go in the forest! I warn you!" She said as she left. 

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

"I don't think we should go to the forest today." Sarah said.

"No way, we need to go investigate! Maybe we can save these people." I said as I started to walk faster towards the forest. 

Sarah caught up to me and said, "No, I won't let you." She grabbed my arm and pulled me the other way. I pushed her away and continued walking to the forest.

"Please, if something happens then you can blame it all on me, I promise."

"Okay fine." She shrugged.

We went into the forest. Even though some people were warning us, we still went inside and everything seemed normal to us. I think people were just joking around because pranks are nothing unusual that happens in my school. We continued to walk the same pathway that we always do when we walk home. 

Unexpectedly, a dead body was thrown towards us and blood was continuously pouring from his neck. We both were startled by the sudden appearance of the body, as Sarah stood there in complete shock from her eyes becoming wide open as she started to tremble with fear. We looked around but there was no sign of any human or animal. What could've killed this man? Was the person who we talked to outside was saying the truth? This is all my fault, I shouldn't have brought Sarah into this with me. 

Suddenly, I felt two hands behind me, grabbing my shoulders, pulling me far away from Sarah. I saw Sarah running towards us but after a while, she got out of breath and stopped. I couldn't see where Sarah was or what was pulling me as it was running really fast somewhere deeper in the forest. When it finally stopped moving, I could see exactly what it looked like. It was very pale and had brown-orangeish coloured eyes with feminine assets. My body started to tremble out of absolute fear of what I saw in front of me and I couldn't get my voice up to scream.

"LET ME GO!" I demanded. I finally got myself to yell as loud as I could.

I shouldn't have gone into the forest. I tried kicking the human-like creature but it wasn't of any use. A few moments later, she dropped me onto the ground and leaned in towards my neck.

I got up and made a run for it. She picked me up with her bare hands and threw me against the tree. I got up and sprinted. She came from behind and pushed me, making me fall to the floor. I didn't get a chance to get up but when I did, she pushed me back down.

"I see my dinner isn't agreeing with me right now." She smirked. "Oh, don't worry."

 After a few attempts to escape, my body couldn't take the pain from her throwing me around everywhere and I just gave up. I tried many times to get out of her hands but she kept pulling me back. No way this could be happening right now.

She then put her strong hands on my neck, making me unable to breathe. I stopped trying to move but I instantly regretted it as she came close and bit me on the neck.

"Now, that's more like it." She said with satisfaction. Her teeth were digging into my skin and I could feel the sharpness of each of the pieces of teeth slowly indulging into my flesh. It felt like a sharp sting that felt super painful, as my blood withdrew from my neck, forcing me to stay still. I couldn't move and all I could do was stay silent and whimper. She then licked her lips and left me on the floor.

I started to lose strength and my body became quickly weak as the blood kept flowing out of my neck. I tried to get up and fight back but my body just wouldn't let me. I lost my ability to move and my energy started to shut down, making me unable to say a word. Why was this happening to me and WHAT was happening to me? I tried not to think and not to cry. I've never wanted to be with my family this bad and be able to talk to Sarah. Where is Sarah? Oh shit, what is going on? What if she got bit by a vampire right now too? Is this all real? My mind was circling with all of these unrealistic but realistic thoughts. I started to lose the ability to even think while my body was becoming lighter and lighter by the second. My vision started to become blurry but from the distance, I saw the woman getting pushed and hurt by a familiar face. I couldn't recognize who it was.

"How could you?" I slowly whispered to the vampire. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733K 12.5K 35
Savannah was used to life she had, being the black sheep of the family, until Daniel De Luna, next in line to be the Royal Alpha,swept her of her fee...
1.6K 292 24
*Editing* Sophia's life had been pretty normal up until this point, Of course she's went through the normal teenage drama, her own personal problems...
1K 184 36
Someone is planning the death of a missing sorceress. And she can't figure out who's trying to help and who's trying to hurt her. Hopefully she can f...
217 24 17
Living in an asylum for the past 5 years isn't easy. You can't get mad, forced to take pills, forget your emotions and only focus on "getting better...