The Neutral

By PatchWorkAngel

Sequel to The Hackers: For those who where waiting I present you the second book to Hackers, hope you all lik... More

The Neutral
Chapter 1: Awaken
Chapter 2: Exploring
Chapter 3: Discovering
Chapter 4: *Special Episode* History lesson and The New World
Chapter 5: Found
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: Names
Chapter 8: Swallowed
Chapter: 10 *Special*
Chapter: 11 Closeness
Chapter 12: Tears
Chapter 13: Blank
Chapter 14: Reset
Chapter 15: Broken
Chapter 16: Control
Chapter 17: Taken
Chapter 18: Darkness
Chapter 19: Falling
Chapter 20 Visions
Chapter 21: Sparks
Chapter 22: Home
Epilogue
Sneek Preview

Chapter 9: Why

709 40 9
By PatchWorkAngel

The night sky was glittering brightly tonight as the moon slowly began its ascent pass the desert horizon. Lying on top one of the many plateau and basking in the growing light was a large metallic blue dragon with wispy silver optics that studied the surrounding area. Her wings were held loosely to her side she released a soft sigh. Looking up to the starry night, her mind wondered back towards the events of days past, of her form turning into a demonic form that frighten both fractions. Due to her lost mind, the Autobots took away the humans, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Placing her draconic head to her side, she shivered slightly as she recalled he hatred and rage she felt for those strange minutes before blocking the thoughts away. Why did the Autobots leave her alone? Was Shockwave telling the truth of her being left alone like a wild animal? A growl quickly form from her vocals before standing up and opening her wings to glide down towards the mouth of the cave.

Going towards her Crystal Cave where she grab a larger green crystal in her mouth and trotting out of the cave and climbing back up. She still had once more day on her grounding before she could fly once more in the sky. With a final huff, she pull herself up and plop right down, creating a large dust cloud. A flap of her wings dismiss the dust before she curled back up and sat down on her hunches.

Taking the crystal in her hand she spun the crystal in her claws. For a few moments she simply looked at the glowing rock, examining the cracks and lines going through it like veins. Then with a huff she pointed I down and began to doodle. It was a simple picture of a flower before it slowly began to transform into a house. The house then form into two then three. Hours pass and she would go down to her cave to pull out several more colors of crystals to continue her work. It wasn’t until she created her old hometown that she pulled away, pushing the crystals to the side as her silver optics gaze down at the artwork.

Then with a gold claw, she touch the first house that had her parents standing side by side and her right dab in the middle with her twin sister. Holding each other tightly like they did before she got mix up in this mess. Standing up she sat on her hunches, looking sadly down at it. Half a year has gone by since she met the Autobots on that faithful day. Her sister’s birthday has already gone by as well as her biological father. Within a few days so will her mother’s.

Lifting up her servo, she glared at it, hating her new form. She sacrificed so much, her life, her home, friends, and family… for this? A deep growl form in her throat before she lifted up a claw and slash through the picture. What was the point of drawing something she can never have again! Huffing, she moved away from the picture and sat down on the other side of the plateau, glaring at the half moon.

Then she heard something. The sound of thrusters right above her and she looked up to see a dark shape slowly descending into her area. Zooming in she frowned when she saw Soundwave’s predator form circle around, fully prepared to land where she now stood. Suddenly a flash of the Autobots base flew across her mind and she looked away before standing up with her head held high.

His form quickly changed into his bi-peddle mode followed by three thumps from his back. Instantly she notice Frenzy, Rumble, and Ravage approaching her. Their small forms running towards her. Growling, she hissed at them, causing them to stop instantly. Their red optics growing widely before slowly moving back to their sire. Soundwave walked calmly by before standing directly in front of her.

For several seconds they stared at each other, waiting for one of them to bow out. Though Soundwave was one of the most respected Decepticons, followed Megatron, Nightspark held the proudest and most intimidating form out of both fractions. It is due to that fact that Soundwave lowered his head first followed by his sparklings.

Silvery optics narrowed slightly before turning around and settling down, her front arms slightly dangling in the edge. Taking this as a positive invite, he sat right down next to her followed by the others that quickly climb over her. Huffing, he turn around and quickly caught Rumble and gently took him in her mouth before placing him near her spark. Slightly jealous, Frenzy climb over her shoulders to join his twin while Ravage settled down between her wing joints.

“It is a pleasant night, tonight,” commented Soundwave.

Looking up into the growing stars she nodded, “Yes…”

“Whoa! You figured out how to speak in this form!” cheered Frenzy before Rumbled slap him on his helm.

Smiling, Rumble patted her claws, “Sounds better than talking through the comm. links.”

Nightspark slightly chuckled before looking up into the sky, “It is a nice sky, tonight.”

“It is… Roisin.”

“Nightspark,” she corrected, looking over at the SIC, “That’s my new name.”

The con stared at her for a moment before giving her a small nod, “It’s a lovely name.”

Then they were quiet. Nothing was said between them as she watched the sky glitter brightly, the moon now right dab in the middle of the sky. In her arms the twins had fallen asleep, growing bored by their silence. However, for the most part, it was she who had avoided speaking to him. The memory of the base, the betrayal, and the events still fresh in her mind.

“Nightspark,” whispered Soundwave.

“I know what happen… what you did to the Autobots.” She stated plainly, turning her head to find that Soundwave’s eyes were glowing brightly in shock underneath his mask. Huffing, she place the twins down while picking up Ravage by the nape of her neck and putting the large cat beside them. Standing up, she turned around and walked back to the picture she worked hard on. The sound of Soundwave’s movements alerted her of him following. Turning around gently, she found his helm looking over her picture before bending down to touch the scratch form of her famiy.

She knew that he was curious about who they were, so she answered him with a quiet voice. “That’s… my family.” Then very slowly she pointed them out, her optics hazing a bit, “My mom, who was the greatest mom I have ever known.” Chuckling, she gently touched her picture, “She used to bake us cookies when we were smaller, almost once a week after school. Me and my Sister bragged a lot over the cookies, taking them to school just to eat it in front of the others.”

Then she moved to her father, “Dad was one of the weirdest dudes I have ever seen. He was like Skywarp, dingy at times and tackles, but just like you during serious moments.” She laughed, “I remember the first boy that had a crush of Bliain had. Dad had one of the straightest face we had ever seen. He was so intimidating that the boy was a nervous wreck by the end of the day.” Then very slowly she touch her twin, “Bliain…she was almost exactly like Ratchet that it’s scary. Always overprotective and making sure that we were alright. She was the doctor in the house hold and whenever we got a cut, she would grab her kit and drag us to the bathroom to make sure we were healed up.”

Soundwave stood still, watching her carefully as she stood up. Suddenly she snarled and destroyed the whole picture before jumping off the plateau. With a loud thump she landing right in front of her cave and trotted inside. Ignoring the second thump outside, she walked all the way to the back of the cave where she had never explored before. She could hear the twins’ frantic calls and Ravage’s yowls, but she dodge them whenever she could.

Suddenly Soundwave stood before her, looking right at her and this time she knew he would not back down. However, whatever Soundwave was about to say was instantly lost when she snarled and attack him. With her claws she held the mech to the floor, glowing silver optics turning a faintly red.

“Do you know that after you attack Jasper,” she saw his helm focus immediately right at him causing her to sneer at the mech, “Yes, I know about that, I know about how you tried to take over my home, creating a new Cybertron from your precious keys.” Glancing to the side she found his sparkling watching her very carefully. She felt him move under her claws and she focus back to him, “You tried to kill the Autobots, the humans, everyone in the base without giving them a chance to escape. You Cybertronians completely forgot about what I did, what I sacrifice!” A massive roar vibrated the air as she lifted the Hacker up and slam him down, cracking the ground, “I DIED for you!”

That cry echoed in the cave, ringing through the tunnels that repeated the same verse over and over until it rang in their very minds. Then, Soundwave touch her claws and moved it the side. Though Nightspark knew that she over powered him, she allowed him to remove her talons before letting him stand. And very slowly he looked right into her optics.

“You may have died Roisin,” she flinch slightly in hearing her original name but the next words crushed her, “But our war has lasted thousands of years. You were just many of the casualties due to the war.”

He stood there watching her, however she made sure he regret it. With a deafening roar, she slice through several stone pillars, making Soundwave dodge, “GET OUT!” she bellowed, “I DON’T EVER WHAT TO SEE YOU OR ANY OTHER DECEPTICONS AGAIN!” Taking a deep breath, her crystals glowing brightly, she released a devastating beam at them. Completely shock, Soundwave ran towards his sparkling and scoop them up, grabbing them just in time before they were incinerated. Without missing a beat, she began to chase them down, slicing through several more pillars and collapsing a tunnel before they escape. Snarling, she released another beam at them, causing the group to transform into their spy plane and disappearing into the night.

For hours she stood away through the night, yowling and crying to the skies. Her voice rang till the sun rose beyond her canyon ridge where she saw the dark sky grows in color. It wasn’t until she grew tired did she retreat to the farthest part of the cave where no crystals glowed to keep her comfortable. The darkness around began to swallow her form before she close her optics to let the day disappear.

The next time she opened her optics she checked her time to find that it was nearly ten at night. Blinking slowly, she walked out of her dark area and very slowly left, her tail dragging through the whole way. Going into her crystal room, she simply laid down on her side, as if she was still exhausted and simply closed her optics. What was she doing here? She thought to herself, but even she had no clue on how to answer that herself. Opening her optics again, she looked straight in front of her. Glowing crystals completely surrounding her in all different colors.

They seem to taunt her. Expressing their joy in their light while she herself was both distraught and lonely.

Lonely…

She’s never really thought of about it before. It was actually odd of her to think of it this early, Nightspark had always thought that everything would be fine when she work up. That there wouldn’t be a war for her to be in. The two fractions would be decent to each other, or avoid one another until they felt that they would at least have a small conversation without trying to kill one another.

…only that it was never meant to be…

Their war seem to have escalated even beyond their original war. Now they outright try to offline the other without giving them a chance to escape. It was horrifying! A soft growl form before she slowly turned her head to the side and huff. What was the point in even thinking about it? She was a Neutral, it was not her job to go into these deep depressing thoughts because it was not her war. She had already fought for them and once was enough.

But…

Looking at the war and seeing it spiral out of control… it was disappointing. She had live with each fraction for a short amount of time, she had saw both the good and evil in them both. How could they not see that they were both in the same? It doesn’t matter where they were created, or where they rank, in fact it really doesn’t matter which fraction they side. They are both one and the same. Heck they were the same race!

Grumbling slightly she stood up and look around at the different color crystals. Blinking softly, she stood up and grab hold of a small cart that she had made. It was primitive, the box made out of a hollowed out rock with smoothed out wheels that she had painstakingly created. It was then that she carefully selected different colors. Reds, greens, blues, greys, purple, and many more. Dumping them into her box, she wrapped her tail on the handle and began to leave that area.

At a very sedate pace she moved down several tunnels, avoiding the gaps in between, until she found another empty cave full of light blue crystals. In fact, if she wasn’t used to seeing energon, she would have thought that it was the stuff itself. However energon crystals just glow while these crystals pulsate with power. With a single thought, she transform and pulled the box further in. Picking up a white crystal, she began.

Seconds turn into minutes while minutes form into hours as she carefully worked on each piece. Every so often she would chip a crystal until it was sharp enough to create intricate details. She would use the floor to experiment with different types of patterns and methods that would fit the work piece. She had even transform into her larger form in order to reach the ceiling to create the starry sky that she had grown accustom to watching every single lonely night. Finishing her work, she took a few steps back, pushing the cart until she looked at the floor. Then taking a deep breath, she shot at the ground, erasing all forms of experimentations until it was dark and earthy. Then with her tail she brush off the fragments to the side until it was smooth and clean. Then with a dark grey crystal she began her work once more.

Time pass until it was dragged into the next day, not even bothering to sleep until she had finally finished it. With a small tired smile, she moved back and look. In front of her was a mural of every single Cybertronian she had met, standing next to each other with a soft smile on their face. Behind them was the Crystal City that she had visited during her time on the other side. Standing to the right side she carefully walked to the left, examining each one. The first one was Arcee, she was having a slight argument with Cliffjumper, who was holding his hands up with a wary smile, while Jack tried to play peace keeper as he sat on the red bot’s shoulder. The next one was Wheeljack and Bulkhead lobbying, each with a competitive look, while Smokescreen, Miko, and Mahina cheered on the sidelines. With Bumblebee, he was talking with Brawn and Gears, showing off what Rafael had created (which was a small transformer that was made from a toy). Further on down was Prowl, who was covered with glitter, scolding the twins as they held their hands up with a smirk. Not only that but Frenzy and Rumble hid behind them, holding the glitter buckets while Ravage stood on the sidelines rolling his eyes. Jazz was behind the TIC, trying his best to hold in a laugh, but was failing miserably as a smirk was clearly seen over his servo.

Chuckling softly at that one, she moved to the next one with a smile. It was Mirage talking calmly with Kagan as they discussed the stars above. Kagan, of course, was holding her sketchbook and looking to the sky. Next to her was Ratchet and Knockout. Knockout had scratched his finish and was desperately trying to grab his buffer from the old bot, but Ratchet refused to until Knockout had had a thorough check up since he tended to focus more on his exterior than his interior. Breakdown was standing next to Knockout with a smirk as he leaned against one of the many stores that she had seen in the Crystal City. For some reason, I had drew myself when I was human with wings, laughing at Knockout while on Ratchet’s shoulder.

Shaking her head she moved to stand in front of her main one that she had worked diligently. It was Optimus Prime and Megatron, calmly discussing with each other as if it was an everyday occurrence. On Optimus shoulder was Berit, talking adamantly with the one another and giving her own opinion. Behind them was where she place the sun between them with the stars shining brightly over them. With a soft smile, she touch the piece before moving ahead to the next one.

Beside Megatron was Soundwave. He was standing next to him, though with an annoyed look as nearly a dozen sparkling sparks dance around him. His shoulders were relax slightly as he lifted a servo to let one of the many sparks to land there. She drew carefully drew his optics with a calm expression and on his shoulder was her again, wearing the same clothes she had on when she first met the con. Soon though was Skyquake and Dreadwing were talking with Thundercracker, but right behind TC was Skywarp and in his hand was a bucket of glitter and one of the largest smiles that was possible. Ignoring the younger trine was Starscream, rolling his optics, while he spoke with Skyfire and Sunstorm, who for some reason was in a pose as if he was singing.

Then finally she approach her last and possibly largest pieces she created. It was Blazespark, who held the most peaceful look as he gaze behind him where he could see dozens of predicons flying behind him. Right next to him was her, smiling widely as she had her arms open, presenting her family to anyone who was looking at the wall art. Right above her and Blazespark was their dragon form in a fade work, which took forever on her part to create.

Taking a few steps back she looked around with a smile. This whole room was dedicated to that small simple dream of her having her family live in peace. Sighing, she gathered her crystals and placed them on the ground to let them grow back into the earth. Stretching slightly she transformed into her larger form and began to move down the halls, fully prepared to rest for the day and possibly night.

 However as she was passing by in a sedate pace, a dark room caught her attention. Taking a few back paces she turn around to find a black tunnel. Very slowly she transformed into her smaller form and very slowly she began to move through. Optics open widely, she carefully move down the small area, even ducking at times when it became too small for her to stand up.

Suddenly, as she step forward, she sensed the whole world tip slightly and she felt herself fall. Screaming, she quickly saw the hole above her vanish to blend into her surroundings as she desperately spread her arms open to see if she could find anything to grab on to slow her decent. Her fear spread throughout her spark and effectively through the bond. She could literally hear Ratchet shouting through but her mind was so scattered at the moment that all she push through was fear.

SPLASH!

She was submerge head to talon in water as she was swept away from the current. Spark pounding in her crystal chasis, she struggled to keep her head up in order not to drown her circuitry. Ratchet was literally screaming through now, trying is very best to find her when his voice suddenly stop. Nightspark had unintentionally cut off the bond, and was now suffering alone in in dark waters.

Soon her head began to submerge and shutting her optics, she felt herself thrown around in the waters. What seem like an eternity, ended with her bursting through a current and into still waters, floating helplessly with her crystals as the only light source. With her optics flickering weakly, she suddenly forced herself to transform and with her wings pushed herself until she burst through the surface.

Coughing out the water from system, she kept her head up and desperately searched around for a platform to sit on. Accidentally, as she splashed around, her tail struck land and within seconds she climb on top of it. Shaking her form, her head dash around, trying to see where she is. But no matter where she turn her crystals were only able to support so much light for her. Huffing she sat on her hunches and glared at the cold water. In agitation she swipe her claws in the water, causing ripples that recoil off the walls and back towards her little island.

Roisin Nightspark, can you hear me?!

The sudden voice caused her to jump and nearly dive back into the water, it wasn’t until he called again did she realize that it was her sire, Ratchet?

A sigh form through as she felt relief surge through, Thank the All Spark that you are safe, Nighspark what happen? Where are you?

I’m not sure, she commented, Everything is too dark for me to see. All I know is that I found a strange dark cave and bam! I find myself in the middle of nowhere surrounded by water.

It was quiet through the other end before the old medic replied, We’re at your cave. Arcee said she found the dark cave but it’s too dangerous to go through.

I wouldn’t suggest it. She added warily, I landed in a strong current that swept me here, but I’m not sure how to get out.

Suddenly a massive splash spooked her and she stood on all fours. Optics wide she searched around for any signs of movements before a soft wish of waters cause her to freeze, Ratchet… something’s here with me.

She could feel the worry he felt, Don’t panic, just remain in you island. Well find a way to you sweet spark just wait.

O-Okay…

The swishing sound grew louder, as if drawn to her lights and she curse her crystals in being so bright. Taking a few steps back her right rear leg suddenly splash in the water, causing her to move several more paces forward and her front paws touch the could liquid. The splashing that she created was so loud that it blocked out the other sound until she felt something grab her claws and with a massive tug, threw her into the water.

It got me! It got me! It got me! She repeated the phrase so many times that it took a few seconds for Ratchets voice to reach through her panic mind.

Roisin! Calm down! Roisin-

Then he was gone, she had once more blocked him out as the water completely engulfed her in darkness. Her crystals glowing with her panic as she tried to move. However her arms were dragged even further down by whatever had held her and she yowled in sheer panic. Then without any warning, the thing that had grabbed her, released her. Swerving her head around, optics wide with fear, she searched for the creature that had dragged her into the deep.

When she turn to the left, she absolutely stopped. Right before her was a massive dragon like helm with glowing soft white optics. Its whole form seem to swirl around her, massive wings like her own only with more metallic feathers than her own wings contain. They fully embrace her small dragon like body since this dragon like creature is clearly much larger than her and Blaze Spark combine. Then two large ebony claw servos gently wrap around her form and held her tightly and began to make its decent into the darkness.

Panic quickly push throughout her form, causing her to shake violently. The two servos tighten their grip again and soon a very soft voice brush pass her thought processor, Do not fear young one…

Though she shook, she quickly look up to see a snowy white optics watching her carefully before focusing back to his original thoughts. Nightspark had no clue on how to react. Right in front of her was a large being that was carrying her through the shadows and that he was one of the largest creature that she had ever seen. Either he was taking to his nest to be eaten alive or simply, and hopefully, being kicked out of the area because it is his nest. However remembering the soft voice dismissed the first one and she began to wonder more about the second one.

Suddenly she felt the current around them grown violently as they both slither through the tunnels that covered them. She could feel him push her even closer to what she suspected to be his chasis. The pressure then began to build around her, crushing her metallic form until she cried out in pain. Hearing her, the being push even faster trying to move through the tunnels as quickly as possible without causing serious damage to her body due to sudden pressure decrease. Then he bank a sharp left and ascended in a straight line.

Then with his mighty wings, they both burst through the water and into the sky. The sun had barely risen over the horizon, giving the whole sky a warm glow as it took over the night. Nightspark had barely realized she was in the open air until she felt herself fall. Snapping her optics open, she let out a cry when she saw the ocean water growing as she descended even faster to meet her. Fully stretching out her wings, she flap them quickly in order to regain altitude.

Her crystals glowed brightly as the sun radiated around her, warming her freezing form from the chills from the cold waters. Suddenly as she enjoy the sun, a massive large shadow overwhelm her and she turn around to see a large shadowy figure that seem to completely dwarf her own large form. His black metallic body glittered gold and reflected the clouds before she finally looked on his draconic helm. The massive being huff slightly before leaning down to meet her with his glowing white optics.

And then she blinks…

The mass that was so overwhelming was completely gone.

Flying back to her cave was a hassle as she flew quick and low, avoiding all cities and housing as she went along. It took an hour before she found the familiar desert welcoming her as she flew through the morning sun. Her optics went towards her familiar ravine and dove towards the area. With a massive push of her wings she landed in front of the room with a thud. Quickly transforming into her other form she ran into the cave.

Turning down a corner, she found herself crashing into Optimus Prime’s shoulder before knocking herself to the side and crashing into the wall. Grabbing her face plate, she push herself off the wall. “Ow…”

Instantly she felt herself being pulled down until her knees touch the ground and when her servo was remove from her face she found herself staring at the Ratchets worried optics. Before I could even speak, he had his scanner in hand and began his diagnosis. Optimus blink slowly before speaking, “How did you manage to escape?”

Ratchet was holding her arms, searching for something. Nightspark frowned at him before facing the Autobot leader, “Something big, and I mean big, help me out. At first I thought that it was going to eat me, but then he just… took me out into the ocean and left me there.”

“Were you able to get a look of what it was?” Acree asked, standing beside Prowl who wore a frown.

“Yeah…it was a huge black predicon with white optics.”

Instantly Prowl ask, “Predaking?”

I shook my head, “No… he was bigger, but when I blinked he was gone.”

“Optimus, something that massive would have been seen by the humans cycles ago,” commented the old bot before gently patting her face, “There is absolutely nothing wrong, no dents or scratches, Nightspark. So rest easy for the day.”

With that said, the Autobots gathered themselves together left through the ground bridge, leaving the slightly confuse dragon Cybertronian to herself. Why? After such a traumatic experience…why was she left alone?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 166 10
"An explosion rang through the air. Glass shattered everywhere and five humans gained serious burns and cuts. The five Autobots were better off, but...
15.1K 202 29
(I'm going to try my best to write this book I highly doubt it going to be good but I'm going try lol) (Y/n) soon comes to find that she is Dragonbo...
41.1K 1.5K 39
Second book in my transformers prime fanfiction. If you haven't read my first book, it is called "Amulet of Life." Lora Creed's world has fallen apar...
12.4K 636 36
RedMoon is abandoned after the Great War for Cybertron. She's trapped in a high security prison's solitary confinement block, on the brink of stasis...