cookie jar | bangtanvelvet

By forevelarmy

a collection of oneshot stories about twelve high school students struggling with life, family, friendships a... More

β€’Β°β˜† what's inside?
β€’Β°β˜† class info
β€’Β°β˜† characters
β€’Β°β˜† first day of school | irene
β€’Β°β˜† transfer student | taehyung
β€’Β°β˜† a petty princess | yeri

β€’Β°β˜† a geek's daily life | jungkook

1.3K 62 41
By forevelarmy

"he hates anything troublesome and noisy. he shuts himself out, and he doesn't want to get attached easily. i wonder why?"

•°☆ jungkook | individual chapter introduction

It was only the first day of school, but I feel like I'm at the end of the semester already. I guess I got a hangover from playing video games all summer, and coming to school again everyday will be a pain.

"Jungkook! Want to eat lunch with me?"

Jaehyun stood up from his seat and called me out as soon as classes were over. I just nodded in response, and slung my bag on my shoulder. We went to the cafeteria together, and as usual his fans were all over him. I got used to it already, that's why I always have my headphones with meㅡto cancel out the shrieking noise.

I've been bestfriends with Jaehyun since elementary school. He's one of the few people I talk to, and there's only a handful of them.

"Hey Jungkook," He asked, removing my headphones all of the sudden. I looked at him confused and asked, "What's up?"

"Look at the transfer student. She looks cute." He pointed at the girl two persons in front of the line. I just scoffed in disbelief, "Yeah, whatever."

"What? Her side profile isn't bad." He nudged me with his elbow, and I could only roll my eyes. "Why don't you try talking to her Jungkook? She sits right next to you."

"There's no reason to talk to her." I replied, grabbing my lunch tray and leaving him behind. He caught up to me as we sat at our usual table, but he kept on being persistent.

"You know you're popular right?" Jaehyun asked and I just shrugged. "No I'm not."

"You're a geek, but you're handsome. Girls like the quiet type too." He nodded to himself while scanning my face. "You're wasting your visuals." But I just glared. "I don't care."

"What?!" Jaehyun scoffed and stole a piece of meat off my plate and ate it, "You're too cold Jungkook. You only like food and your video games! If you keep your image like this, you'll end up being alone! No girl on earth would date you!" he said, happily munching on the holy meat I just lost. And I just stared at him menacingly. This brat.

"First of all, I don't need to change anything. Second, stop stealing my lunch asshole!" I scowled, slapping his hand away before he could snatch anything from my plate again. "And besides, who cares?"

I only like 2D girls anyway.

•°☆

Where is it?

Where on earth did it go?

Ever since we got back in the classroom, I've been restless, searching my bag inside out. I realized that I didn't bring my video game with me, so I fell into a slump, and inwardly groaned out of frustration. I knew I should've just skipped classes today, I sighed.

I was about to grab my phone and play there instead when Taehyung suddenly approached me. "Yo Jungkook." he said as he pulled a chair. "Why do you look like you're itching to go home?" He casually asked.

I just nodded and honestly answered, "Because I am." I said with a straight face. I want to leave this shitty classroom as we speak, I thought. "I forgot my nintendo switch at home."

Taehyung bursted out laughing at what I said, but I just sneered at him. If he wasn't someone I know, I would've told him to get out off my face. Because usually, I wouldn't last a full conversation with a person, but not with people I'm close to.

Me and Taehyung became friends because he plays video games. He entered the game club one day and asked if he could play. His skills are unbelievable, and as a fellow gamer, I acknowledge him.

"Wanna borrow mine? I'm not using it." Oh, and he's also nice. Too nice.

"Really? Yes!" I smiled widely, but deep inside I was excited like crazy. As soon as he handed the game console to me, I played straight away. Shameless, I know.

Me and Taehyung always recommend each other games, so we basically have the same game on each of our system. We especially like playing online games for sure. "Hey Taehyung, do you want to play overwatch later after school?" I asked with my eyes focused on defeating the level 79 boss monster, but I didn't get a response.

I pressed pause and looked up to see what was going on since the classroom became quiet, "Tae..hyung..?" he wasn't paying attention so I followed his line of sight. Strangely, he was staring at the transfer student.

"Just ignore her. She doesn't belong here." I overheard from the other side of the room.

It wasn't hard to figure out what happened, because the girls were talking loudly, and the transfer student must've felt uneasy. It was obvious, because she was reading the book upside down.

Somehow, I felt bad for her in a way.

•°☆

"I know that school just started today, but I just want to give you your group assignments ahead of time." Ms. Yoon announced, earning groans and whines from the whole class. I just stayed indifferent, as always.

"Now now, your grades depend on this. Besides, you get to go home early! Except if you have club ofcourse. Anyway, this group project assignment needs five people each to form six groupsㅡ" She explained, but eventually stopped when she noticed how everyone was distracted.

"Kim Taehyung! Stop distracting the class and face the front!" She yelled, and everyone laughed simultaneously. Taehyung, ofcourse, just acted casually and passed it off.

But the transfer student covered her face with a book, and sighed heavily once everyone shifted their attention away again. She was panicky, it was funny.

"Taehyung, Joy, Hoseok, Seulgi and Jimin." Ms. Yoon called, "You're group A." Ofcourse the couple rejoiced, but it was clearly seen in Taehyung's face that he was feeling uneasy.

"Go ahead and pick a leader and a secretary. Those two will be responsible for reporting here up front." She said, and their group started pointing at each other.

"Seulgi and Jimin!" My classmates laughed at how their luck got turned around since the couple got cornered by their group mates. They couldn't argue with them anymore because our teacher already wrote down their names.

Hah. How lame.

"Joohyun, Jungkook, Jaehyun, Taeyong and..Yeri. You're all in group B." Ms. Yoon announced, but I could already tell that I'm going to be the only one who's actually going to work on the project. Great.

Jaehyun has practice after school, Taeyong doesn't give a shit and Yeri couldn't care less.

I sighed, already feeling dispirited..and it's just the first day of school.

"Um..Jungkook-ssi?" I heard a voice vaguely call out name, and when I looked beside me, it was the transfer student, Joohyun.

"What is it?" I asked, and surprisingly, I could clearly see her face unlike before.

"I-I can do the project by myself..it's okay with me..but please just don't pick me to present it." She said with a shaky voice. She must hate public speaking that much then..but wait, did she say she'll do it on her own?

"Ah. You don't have to do it by yourself. I'll help." I blurted out unconsciously. Ugh, why did I say that? As soon as I realized that I just lost my chance to slack off, I cursed under my breathe.

"Okay, so group B, who do you pick as the leaders?"

I could feel the tension coming with that question. Ofcourse, no one wants to be the leader, because everyone doesn't like doing the work. Since Joohyun is just a transfer student, naturally Jaehyun and Taeyong would aim for her instead.

So, I sacrificed myself.

"I'll do it."

The class turned quiet as I slowly raised my hand in the air. Afterwards my friends were whistling and teasing me for volunteering. Everyone was surprised, but I couldn't really blame them. It's because I never do presentations, now here I am.

"Wow Jungkook. I never thought this would happen. That's great! Now, who's the other one?" Ms. Yoon asked and patiently waited for an answer. Jaehyun and Taeyong were already kicking each other's desks, quietly arguing with each other on whom should do it.

"So, who's the other one? Group B?" Ms. Yoon asked the second time. Taeyong raised his hand to point at Joohyun, but before the teacher could even notice, I already shouted.

"Yeri!"

I brazenly spout.

"Kim..Yeri." Even though I managed to say that, it felt like there was still a lump stuck on my throat.

"WHAT?!" Ofcourse she wasn't happy about it, and I expected her reaction. She stood up and slammed her hands on her desk, furiously staring at me. "YA! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?ㅡ"

"Alright, Jeon Jungkook and Kim Yeri for group B~"

"B-but Ms. Yoon!ㅡ"

"Do you want to do it by yourself? No? Then please sit down Ms. Kim." Our teacher firmly said.

Yeri sat down in defeat, but I could still feel her dagger eyes piercing through every inch of my being. I know she hates my guts, but I wasn't fazed by it, and just sighed heavily after.

What did I get myself into?

I never did like troublesome stuff, but why does trouble like me so much?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

858K 45.5K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
414K 12.2K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
267K 5.8K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.