The Pure Blood Prince

By i_will_survive_

Adam Thomas. Son of Beta Queen Elizabeth Thomas and Alpha King Liam Jackson. A veteran of war and a strong... More

The Pure Blood Prince
Chapter 1 - Adam
Chapter 2 - Eva
Chapter 3 - Adam
Chapter 4 - Eva
Chapter 5 - Adam
Chapter 6 - Eva
A/N PLEASE READ
Chapter 7 - Adam
Chapter 8 - Eva
Chapter 9 - Adam
Chapter 10 - Eva
Authors Note
Chapter 11 - Adam
Chapter 12 - Eva
Chapter 13 - Adam
Chapter 14 - Eva
Chapter 15 - Adam
Chapter 16 - Eva
Chapter 17 - Adam
Chapter 19 - Adam
Chapter 20 - Adam
Chapter 21 - Eva
Chapter 22 - Unknown
Chapter 1 of Spilling Pure Blood

Chapter 18 - Eva

246 12 1
By i_will_survive_

Chapter 18

(Eva)

Three Months Later.

Three long and dreadful months had passed since Eva had picked out her dress for the coronation. She had waited patiently for school to end and with hard work and dedication Eva somehow managed to pass and graduate. Yet she couldn’t just take all the credit for what had happened through the rest of the year. Mitchell was smarter than he let on and he was the one that helped Eva finish all her makeup work. Without his help Eva surely wouldn’t have been able to pass her senior year.

After managing to graduate Eva had gotten her mother to allow her to move out and into the cabin with the rest of her new pack. Though her mother wasn’t very thrilled about her daughter skipping out on college and staying with a pack of wolves, Eva had managed to convince her otherwise. Her mother had even said she could do whatever she wanted once she got out of high school and Eva decided she wanted to move in with the pack.

Eva was dancing around her new room, her headphones in her ears. She was supposed to be getting ready for the coronation but she found it just too hard to focus when all she could think about the upcoming dance with Mitchell. She had been practicing her dancing skills since Mitchell had first been to her house. They hadn’t been practicing together very often but Eva had made sure she was up to speed on the latest ballroom dancing movements.

“Eva? What are you doing?” A voice called through the door and Eva skipped over. She turned the doorknob and opened the door, smiling up at Mitchell’s bright eyes. He grinned down at her, leaning on the door frame. Eva grabbed him by the front of the shirt, pulling him down for a long kiss.

“I wasn’t expecting that but I’m not complaining.” Mitchell murmured, pushing into the room and leaping onto the bed. Eva followed behind him jumping up beside him. Mitchell turned over, propping himself up on his elbow and looking down at her. Eva grinned, unable to help the happiness that spread through her. The relationship between her and Mitchell had gotten better and better ever since he had taken care of her after Adam left. Though he was no match to the comfort Adam gave her Mitchell was very close.

“When does Evan want us to be ready?” Eva asked quietly as Mitchell’s fingers ran gently over her cheek. A large smile spread across his face.

“We’re supposed to be getting ready right now. That’s why I came to your door. You just so happened to distract me.” Mitchell answered, a sly grin on his face. Eva blushed, giving him a light smack on the forehead. Mitchell was still grinning, leaning down and giving Eva a light kiss on the cheek.

“I need to get ready.” Eva sighed, pushing herself off the bed and walking toward her closet to get the dress. Mitchell didn’t move from his spot as she removed it from the dress bag and Eva turned around, raising her eyebrows with a silent question. The boy groaned quietly, getting to his feet and heading for the door. He gave Eva one last glance before stepping out and closing the door quietly behind him.

Mumbling about how she would need him to zip up the dress for her Eva began to change, carefully pulling the dress on. It felt slightly smaller and Eva frowned; she had gained a little bit of weight. Shaking her head Eva reached back and zipped up the dress as best she could, trying to get it all the way zipped up. But when she didn’t succeed Eva peaked out of her room, seeing Reagan dash by.

“Reagan! Zip me up!” Eva called after the girl and she turned on her heel. Reagan gave her a once over before smiling, forcing Eva to turn around and zipping up her dress. Eva gave her a grateful smile before ducking back into her room to prepare her hair and makeup. She wanted to look her best for the coronation just to show Adam what he would be missing by mating with someone that wasn’t his. He probably wouldn’t be too happy with her idea but that was the point, to make him jealous.

After fixing her hair so it hung in soft curls around her shoulders Eva moved on to her makeup, only applying mascara and a little bit of eyeliner and eye shadow. She had never been a huge fan of makeup but she did like how it made her features more prominent. Countless times people had told her she would look better with makeup on and countless times Eva had decided otherwise. She wasn’t trying to look better for others, instead she was trying to stay as hidden from others eyes as possible. Eva didn’t like people staring at her and she would much rather keep her “beauty” hidden from the world rather than show it off.

There was a knock on the door and Mitchell stepped in, already dressed in his black suit. He was having trouble tying his tie and Eva shook her head, getting to her feet and approaching him. He sighed, dropping his hand to the side and allowing Eva to tie it for him, giving her a thankful nod once she finished. Eva smoothed the black tie and straightened it for him, trying not to let her eyes linger on his broad chest. She would give anything to rip the suit off of him and just admire his sculpted body. Calm yourself, young one. Focus on something other than seeing him half naked. Eva’s wolf chided and Eva blushed.

“Did you even try to fix your hair?” Eva questioned, trying to change the subject. Mitchell shrugged, running his fingers through his shaggy hair. Eva grabbed his hand, dragging him over to the chair in front of the mirror. She opened one of the drawers, grabbing a bottle of hair gel. She poured some on her hands before rubbing it together, attacking Mitchell’s hair. He tried batting Eva away but she gripped his head tightly, forcing him to look in the mirror before continuing.

Eva began sweeping Mitchell’s hair to the side, trying to give him a look that made him more attractive than he already was. Eva forced him to turn around and look at her, brushing his soft hair to the right of his face. A few strands of hair were falling in Mitchell’s eyes and Eva quickly gelled it back to the right, giving his hair style a slightly messy look. Mitchell had stopped squirming and was silently watching Eva work his hair the way she wanted it.

“Don’t you think you’ve messed with my hair enough?” Mitchell chuckled, raising his eyebrows. Eva shook his head, trying to give him the look she desired. No matter how much she tried to fix it his hair just wouldn’t cooperate. Mitchell seemed to find Eva’s frustration hilarious. He couldn’t stop the laughs that escaped his lips and Eva was beginning to get annoyed with him.

“You fuckin’ do it if you think you’re so funny! Don’t be an asshole and just laugh at me!” Eva snarled, shoving him in the chest. Mitchell shrugged, running his fingers through his hair and messing it up before beginning to sweep it to the side. He flicked his head a few times before glancing in the mirror, a grin spreading across his face. Mitchell returned his gaze to Eva, sending her a smirk.

Eva growled, turning her back on him and crossing her arms over her chest. She heard Mitchell’s footsteps coming closer and she felt his arms wrap around her, his chin resting on her bare shoulder. Eva could feel his breath on her cheek as he turned his head, pressing his lips against her cheek. She stiffened, trying not to let the purr her wolf released be heard by Mitchell. But by his soft laughter it was obvious he heard her wolf’s sound and he hugged her tighter.

“You know, just because I was laughing doesn’t make me an asshole. I only thought you looked cute when you were frustrated.” Mitchell murmured, standing straight and forcing Eva to turn around. She couldn’t help the smile the spread across her face when she saw the adoration in his eyes. It was a look Eva never got used to seeing in his eyes but she loved it. She never wanted that look to leave his gaze and if it ever did Eva didn’t know what she would do.

“Evan wants us all in the living room. The cars are here to pick us up!” A voice called through the door. Eva broke her gaze from him, walking around him and heading to the door.

“Do I at least get a kiss for making you smile?” Mitchell whined and Eva sighed, turning around and grabbing the front of his jacket. She pulled him down for a quick kiss before heading out the door, leaving a flabbergasted Mitchell in her wake.

.

.

.

Eva clutched Mitchell’s arm tightly as he led her into the ballroom of the Pure Blood House. She had never been in the large room before and it was a shock to see it so big. The room was two times bigger than the gym at her old high school yet it was still smaller than the average stadium. Eva had always assumed that even with a house as big as the one she was in, that no room could ever be this big. Looking around the room Eva noticed a stage near the back with over a hundred seats in front of it. Eva guessed that was where the coronation was going to take place. She wondered if any of the seats were reserved.

“Remember what I told you: be on your best behavior. We want to make a good example of the pack.” Eva said to the entire pack before dismissing them. Eva nodded her head, glancing up at Mitchel. His posture was stiff and he was looking around, his eyes narrowed. Eva pressed herself slightly closer to him, sensing his distress. He seemed to be on his guard, his stance protective. Eva watched as his eyes flashed amber before he closed them, taking a deep breath t keep himself calm.

“Come on. Let’s go meet people.” Eva suggested quietly, pulling Mitchell out of his trance. He glanced down at her before nodding, letting Eva lead him through the growing crowd of werewolves. Since the moment her pack had stepped in more wolves were entering the house. Though the large amount of werewolves made Eva slightly nervous. She knew she had to keep her nerves under control or she would have a full blown panic attack.

“Eva! Help me find Leah! She said she would meet her here and I haven’t seen her yet.” Eva heard Reagan call and she looked over her shoulder, seeing the blonde haired girl coming toward her. She was wearing a purple dress, her hair pinned up in a bun. She was looking around anxiously, biting her bottom lip nervously.

“Calm down, we’ll find her.” Eva soothed, getting up on her toes and trying to see where the red head was. She hadn’t seen her friend for three months and Eva had a feeling Reagan hadn’t either.

“Is that her over there?” Mitchell asked quietly, pointing to the left. Reagan looked over in the direction he pointed and she shrieked in happiness, pushing through the crowd in her mate’s direction. Eva followed close behind her, keeping a firm grip on Mitchell’s hand so she wouldn’t lose him among the other wolves. The last thing she wanted was to lose the only person that was keeping her calm.

Eva managed to get to Reagan’s side just as the girl leapt onto her mate. Leah yelped in surprise, catching Reagan with ease. She looked at the blonde in confusion before realizing who it was and hugging her tightly. Leah was laughing quietly, not removing her arms from around Reagan’s body. She looked relieved to see her mate and looked even happier to have her in her arms.

“Where have you been?” Reagan demanded as soon as they pulled away. She looked angry and sad at the same time, like Leah had ripped her heart out.

“I’ve been here. My father wouldn’t let me out of his sights.” Leah answered quietly, glancing down at her arms. Her arms were a light shade of pink and they were still a little puffy. Her wolf was still having a hard time trying to heal her but her wounds looked much better than they did three months earlier.

“So he found out then?” Reagan murmured quietly, her eyes roaming over the healing wounds on her mate’s arms. A look of pain flashed in her eyes before it disappeared as fast as it came.

“Yes. Adam told my father everything. It was just so he could claim the throne.” Leah whispered bitterly and Eva felt her heart sink. It was like all Adam cared about now was claiming his right to the throne. He didn’t seem to care who he hurt in the process as long as he became the next King of werewolves. He wasn’t the same person Eva had first met.

“Let’s give the two of them some privacy to talk. We can talk with them later.” Mitchell murmured quietly in Eva’s ear and she slowly nodded, letting him lead her through the crowd. His hand was wrapped tightly around hers and he didn’t seem keen on letting it go. Eva wasn’t one to complain though. She was quite happy to have him so close to her. It made Eva feel safer having Mitchell so close to her.

As the two of them pushed through the crowd Eva thought she scented Adam. Her wolf whimpered quietly when she smelled his welcoming scent and she felt the pull toward him once more. Even after all the time they had spent apart Eva could still feel the pull toward him. No matter how hard she tried to ignore it she couldn’t. It was like someone had attached a rope to her and was pulling her toward Adam. She knew it was only her wolf trying to get closer to her other half but she forced her wolf down, not wanting to get anywhere near him; especially after what he had done.

“Are you okay? Do you need to sit down?” Mitchell’s worried voice asked and she slowly brought her gaze to him. His eyes were full of concern and both of his hands were resting on her shoulders. Eva blinked a few times before shaking her head, trying to get the dizziness out of her system. She was beginning to feel light headed and Mitchell instantly began leading her toward the seats, forcing her to sit down. Eva happily obliged, knowing that if she were to have stood any longer she probably would have collapsed.

Mitchell’s words were blocked out of Eva’s head and it felt like someone had put cotton in her ears. She stared blankly at Mitchell’s worried face and watched as he started frantically calling over his shoulder for someone to help. Memories of the few moments she shared with Adam raced through Eva’s head and she tried to get the out of her head. She didn’t want to think about the things she could have had with her mate of the things she did have. She wanted to forget him all together and never see him again. After hurting her so much all she wanted was for Adam’s memories to stay out of her mind.

Eva watched as a familiar woman stood in front of her, talking quietly. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail and was staring at Eva through hazel eyes and black framed glasses. Her lips were moving but Eva couldn’t make out any of the words. All she could think about was Adam was somewhere in the room and that made her heart hurt. What hurt more was that he was most likely with another woman that he had deemed worthy to be his new mate. She was more worthy of him than Eva ever was.

“Eva, focus on me. You’re shutting down and you’ll go into a comatose state if you don’t start listening to my voice.” The woman’s words suddenly registered into Eva’s head. She stared at the blonde woman, searching for a name that matched her face. Eva suddenly remembered where she recognized her from. This was the woman that had come to her aid when she had sliced her arm open. Nora. Eva’s conscious whispered to her.

“I am the Pure Blood House’s doctor. I know what you’re going through and I’m going to try to help as best I can.” Nora went on, her voice soft. Eva blinked slowly, trying to take in her surroundings and think of anything else but what was going through her head. She tried to focus on the faces around her, wanting to memorize each one instead of remembering what she used to have. Yet her eyes trailed to a familiar face that she never wanted to see.

Adam.

His blue gaze was looking back at hers, glinting with an unknown emotion. His hair was longer than it was last time Eva had seen him. It was slightly touching the tips of his ears and Eva knew it was probably bothering by the way his head twitched to the side. His jaws were clamped shut and Eva could see a muscle ticking in the side of his face. He had yet to break eye contact with his former mate and he looked like he wanted to say something even though he was halfway across the room. What Eva wouldn’t do to hear his voice speaking to her again.

“Focus Eva.” Nora’s voice caught her attention once more and she dragged her gaze over to her. Eva looked Nora straight in the eye before slowly nodding her head. A small smile slipped onto Nora’s face and she looked relieved that Eva was responding to her. Eva could see Mitchell out of the corner of her eye and he looked just a relieved as Nora did.

“Come back. We just need you to come back.” Nora’s soft voice asked and her words were clearer. Eva began feeling the rest of her body coming awake, sensing it beginning to gain control once more. Eva was slowly bringing herself back from the state she had been in.

“Eva, are you alright?” Mitchell’s voice asked, coming to stand in front of Eva. She slowly nodded her head, trying to control what she was feeling. She still felt a little light headed but other than that Eva felt fine. It was like whatever had happened had passed just like it had came. It was something Eva couldn’t make sense of.

“I don’t know what happened.” Eva murmured quietly, scrunching her eyebrows together. She brought her hand to her head, trying to stop the pounding headache that was coming on. Shaking her head she looked up, flinching when she saw dozens of sets of eyes watching her. People had gathered around her, watching her like she was some sort of circus freak. Eva was unsure why they were all staring at her like that. Even when she had gone through episodes in the cabin people hadn’t given her these kind of looks. They made her nervous.

“Everyone back up! You’re scaring the poor girl.” Mitchell boomed and everyone did as he asked, backing away and going back to what they had originally been doing. Eva relaxed slightly, looking up at Mitchell and Nora. They were both watching her with worried gazes but they remained silent. Mitchell seemed deeply in thought and Nora was quietly mumbling things to herself, messing with the hem of her black dress.

“Are alright to stand?” Mitchell asked softly and Eva nodded. He extended his hand and Eva took it, letting him pull her to her feet. She wobbled at first but she regained her balance and stood as tall as she usually would, looking up at Mitchell. He smiled warmly at her, nodding his thanks to Nora before slowly leading Eva back into the crowd and toward the drink table. Eva’s throat was dry, she really could use a drink.

Eva poured herself a glass of water, drinking it quickly before getting another. As she began gulping down the second glass she gasped in surprise when Mitchell snatched it away, managing to splash a few drops onto Eva’s chest and neck. She scowled at him, placing her hands on her hips and watching as Mitchell drank the rest, not breaking eye contact with him. He smirked at her, throwing the cup away and offering his arm once more.

“Shall we find Reagan and Leah? I’m sure they are worried about you.” Mitchell suggested as he led Eva around the large crowd of people. Eva nodded, keeping close to Mitchell’s side. She didn’t want to get pulled into the crowd and get torn from Mitchell. After the little episode she had just had she wasn’t sure she wanted to be around anyone in the crowd.

Mitchell was right about Leah and Reagan being worried. They kept asking questions that Eva couldn’t and wouldn’t answer. Though she knew they were just worried Eva still didn’t think they had the right to be asking so many questions. Eva herself wasn’t so sure what had happened. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced before. Of all her little episodes this one was probably the most peculiar one. Eva had never thought the memories of her mate would affect her so much.

“Are you sure you want to stay? I can convince my father to let you and Mitchell leave. It’s not like you really should be here anyway.” Leah fretted but Eva shook her head, placing her hand up for silence.

“I’m fine, Leah. I’ll survive one night here.” Eva assured, a small smile on her face. She had been looking forward to dancing with Mitchell for three months and she wasn’t going to just give up on it now. After all the practicing Eva had done she couldn’t just bale on it now.

“Let me dance a little bit and if I’m still not feeling too good, then I’ll just go back to the cabin. Until then I’ll be fine.” Eva went on. Leah nodded uncertainly but she didn’t argue.

As soon as she had finished speaking there was a loud howl in the room. Eva looked toward the stage, seeing the Alpha family standing and waiting for everyone to be quiet. Eva glanced over at Leah, seeing her glaring at the ground. Shouldn’t she be up there? Eva silently asked herself, raising an eyebrow at her friend. Reagan shook her head, silently telling Eva to drop it and ask later.

“Everyone, please take as seat. We are about to start the coronation.” The Alpha King began and everyone flocked toward the seats. Mitchell led Eva to a seat on the outside of the rows, sitting to her right. Reagan and Leah followed close behind, sitting behind the two of them. Mitchell gripped Eva’s hand tightly, trying to keep her calm. As soon as the crowd went silent the Alpha King began to speak.

“Today is the coronation of my son, Alpha Prince Adam Mason Thomas and his mate Amber Ella Harris.” The King began. Eva stared at the girl standing beside Adam. She had brown hair with blonde highlights and her blue eyes were almost identical to Adams. She was wearing a pale dress that reached the floor and her chin was held high. She looked confident as she stood in front of the other wolves. She was far braver than Eva ever could be.

“I have ruled for ten long years since my father stepped down. He believed in bravery and courage, something that I like to think I had. Now I am passing the throne down to Adam and I believe he holds the same traits. If there is anyone who thinks otherwise please speak now.” The Alpha King’s voice boomed around the quiet room. There was silence and Eva gripped Mitchell’s hand tighter, sensing he wanted to speak out. She didn’t want him to say something he would regret.

“If no one has anything to say then we will begin the mating ritual. Once the two bear each other’s marks then they can both be crowned as Alpha King and Luna.” The King went on, beckoning his son and the girl forward. Eva held her breath as she watched the girl pull off her thin jacket, revealing the strapless white dress. Adam took off his suit jacket, handing it to his father before unbuttoning his white, collared shirt. He took the shirt off too, revealing his exposed upper body.

Eva blushed when she looked at him, remembering the first time she had seen him shirtless. It was a few days after he had been banished and the two of them had taken refuge in Eva’s house. He had just come back from a run. Eva shook her head, trying to get rid of the thought that she was thinking. She now had to worry about Mitchell, not Adam. He wasn’t her priority anymore. He was now his new mate’s priority.

“Please, state your loyalty to your mate.” The Alpha King ordered. Adam turned to face Amber, a smile on his face.

“I, Adam Mason Thomas, pledge my loyalty to you, Amber Ella Harris, until the day I die. If I break this pledge then may my body be consumed by darkness and the rest of my days be filled with pain. I accept your mark.” Adam promised, a smile spreading across his face. He knelt down slightly, tilting his head slightly to give the girl room to mark him. She opened her mouth, her canines visible, and leaned toward his shoulder. She lunged, sinking her canines deep into his exposed skin.

Eva gasped when she felt pain explode through her right shoulder. She covered her mouth with her hand to keep herself from crying out as it got worse and worse. Mitchell looked over at her frantically, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. But even Eva couldn’t explain what was happening. All she could do was suffer through the pain she was feeling and act like it wasn’t there.

“He marked another female that isn’t his mate. She’d in pain.” Leah hissed, leaning forward and glaring at Mitchell. Eva whimpered as the pain got more intense as Amber pulled her canines out of Adam’s shoulder, running her tongue over the wound to seal it. Eva could feel her heart pounding in her chest and she felt like she was going to pass out from pain. Mitchell looked desperately at Leah, still trying to figure out what he was supposed to do.

“I, Amber Ella Harris, pledge my loyalty to you, Adam Mason Thomas, until the day I die. If I break this pledge then may my body be consumed by darkness and the rest of my days be filled with pain. I accept your mark.” Amber’s voice rang through the room though Eva could barely hear it over the beating of her heart. She was trying to keep herself as calm as possible but it wasn’t working as she planned. She just hoped the pain would subside soon.

“Make him feel the pain she is, Mitchell! Do something to make him feel just as much as Eva is!” Leah snarled quietly, giving Mitchell’s seat a nudge. He glanced over at Eva nervously before carefully pulling her closer, moving her hair off her shoulder. His canines extended and quick as lightning he bit down on Eva’s shoulder, his canines sinking into her flesh.

There was a roar from the stage as Mitchell drew back, sealing up the mark. Adam’s eyes were black with fury as he lunged forward, biting down on Amber’s shoulder. This time Eva felt almost no pain. Instead she felt completely numb ad Adam made the girl in front of him his new mate. It was at a moment like that Eva wished she could have felt something instead of nothing at all. It was at that moment she wished she could feel pain; something she was far too used to feeling.

Here's the new chapter. I really hope you guys liked it. I was going to go further but then I decided I'd just end it there. If you may not have noticed I am really bad at ending chapters. I dont really know how to end them :/ I hope you still liked this chapter though. Anyway I will hopefully have the next chapter (Adam's POV) out soon so be ready for it. Thanks for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 20.5K 48
Perry Dames is not your usual Beta. He's the second in command, the Great Beta of the Great Alpha. Usually, you'd find him bullying others and need I...
4K 101 17
Adobis is the son to The Beta. When they are with people his parents love him "unconditionally". However, when they are away from people, his mother...
1.4M 44.2K 40
*THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK IS ON TAPAS* Samuel Wolf, a low-life omega who gets abused by his pack at home and by his bullies at school, can't t...
144K 3.1K 15
Aubrey Edwards is a seventeen year old werewolf. Her father is the Beta of her pack. Drake Evans is a eighteen year old werewolf. His father is the A...