When We Crashed

Av HoneyJewelz

"You know, you aren't like most girls I have met." "Is that a good thing?" "It depends, are you obsessed with... Mer

Authors Note
Beginnings
Sneaking Out
Greetings
Feelings
Regrets
Frantic Encounter
Disney
A Fight For Freedom
Friends
Serial Killers And Ghosts
How To Prevent A Murder
Pick Up Lines
Supermarket
Sooner Than Later
I Just Assumed
Julie's Jar Of Cookies
Feeling Guilty
Confessions
Understand
Girl From The Past
The Truth Hurts
I'm Sorry
Memories
Take The Chance
Break In
Girl Talk
Things Are Different
My Big Fat Lie
The Surprise
Wise Words Of A Friend
Because Of Her
Afraid Of Love
Bye Bye
Because Of Him
The Friend Zone
Trust
My Heart
A Promise
Home
Mine
The Good Times
Mirror Mirror On The Wall
Fate
Family Sticks Together
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Marshmallow

86.4K 5.4K 2.9K
Av HoneyJewelz

Ella's pov:

"I have been meaning... to ask you something." I say as I sit down on the warm sand.

"Ask me what?" Luke asks as he throws a towel a me, it hitting me right on the forehead.

"Hey!"

"Whoops, my bad." I hear him laugh.

Yeah right.

He said that 'he knew' I would be in the water whether I wanted to or not, so he brought extra beach towels in the back of his car.

I didn't notice though because I drove Julie's car up here.

"Well... okay to be honest... I sorta.. lied." I twirl a loose strand of hair around my finger.

Luke tilts his head to the side, signaling me to continue.

"I don't have a friend who... is afraid of people."

"Oh really?" Luke says raising an eyebrow, but I can't help but see him try not to laugh.

"What?" I glare as he then starts to chuckle to himself.

"I know, did you really think I believed you?"

"What is that suppose to mean?!"

"That you are horrible at lying." He says as I elbow him in the gut.

"Stop, I'm being serious." I whine as he nods his head, trying to contain his laughter.

"I am.. staying.. at Julie's house." I draw out, watching as he goes from trying not to laugh, to a frown taking its place on his face.

Before I let him say anything, I rush out, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I.."

"I'm not upset."

"And I know you are probably mad-...wait what?" I stare at him in confusion.

"Julie's your friend, I can't not let you see her.... plus, you showed up in her car, of course I knew you were there."

...

I am such an idiot.

"She's not just my friend Luke, she's your's too." But he just shrugs his shoulders and looks out into the ocean.

"Luke, she made a mistake, but is it worth ruining your friendship?"

"I-..."

"She feels so bad for what she did." I end up whispering this last part.

Suddenly, Luke stands up, which is such a sudden moment, it almost causes me to fall back in the sand.

I almost thought he was just going to leave me here, but he moves to stand right in front of me.

I watch as a hand comes down, and I look up to see Luke half smiling at me.

I take his hand, while blushing of course, you know how my cheeks have some vengeance for me or something.

"Where are you going?"

"You mean where are we going." He says and points to Julie's car.

"Huh?"

"Buckle up and drive smartass, we are going to Julie's."

...

"I'm not a smart ass."

Luke looks at me and laughs, "What would you like me to call you?"

"... I'll think about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Julie!" I sing as I open up the door to her house.

Her parents were at work and her brother just joined a summer soccer thing, well at least that's how Julie explained it.

To bad for them though, they didn't get to hear my amazing singing voice.

... that is non existent.

"That was beautiful." Luke snorts as I start to hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

I watch as Julie comes into view.

"Hey Ella-..." but she stops as soon as she sees who's behind me.

"Hi.. Luke." Julie says as she shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

"Hey Julie, can we.. talk?" Luke asks, Julie looks at me first, and I nod my head.

"I'll be eating all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charm's cereal, take your time." I say as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Ella Sanders don't you dare!" Julie yells from behind me.

"Sorry, can't hear you, cereal box calling my name."

I laugh as I hear "Cereal killer" and "just like Ashton"

When I get to the box, however, I can't help but overhear some of the words.

I'm not a bad person right?

I just... ehh...

"Julie I'm so sorry, I never meant to yell at you like that."

"It's okay, I know. But you were right, I should have told you sooner."

"Was she.. really pregnant when we were dating?"

I don't know why.. but when he said that...

It was like... it hurt to hear it.

Hurt to hear he was with another girl.

I know Luke is one of those guys who has had a lot of previous girlfriends.

But it never hurt me like this before.

I hear shuffling, and soon, they are walking back into the kitchen with smiles on their faces.

Well, that was until Julie saw me, "You monster!!"

"What?" But it didn't come out clear because my mouth was stuffed with the marshmallows.

"Give me the box." Julie says cautiously as she takes a step forward.

"Never." I take a step back.

Next thing I know, she takes off into a sprint, our laughter filling up the whole entire kitchen as I shove the marshmallows in my mouth.

To try to get away, I run behind Luke as he puts his hands up in surrender.

"No fair!" Julie laughs as she tries to get around Luke.

But Luke holds his hands out in a protective matter as I hide behind him, "Sorry Julie, unfortunately, this is my Marshmallow."

"Did you just call me a marshmallow?" I look at Luke as he gives me a cheeky grin.

"Well, ever since I have met you, I have found that you have an obsession with marshmallows."

"... and?"

"And you said you wanted a different nickname."

"Yeah but-.."

"It's not changing Ella, sucks to suck."

"Uhm, excuse you, I gave no consent with you calling me that name."

"Hold on... I can't remember the last time I seemed to care."

"You probably forget along with your ability to make a joke, sucks to suck."

"Stop being a cold hearted marshmallow."

"Say that again, and I will-.."

"You will what?"

"Let's just say, you won't have a dick to-.."

*snap*

Our eyes widen as a flash goes off. I look over to see Julie grinning while holding her phone out in front of her.

"Did you just?" I mutter as Julie's eyes widen as she sees both me and Luke looking at her.

She smiles sheepishly and puts the phone behind her back. "Woah.. was that... lightening? Probably should tuck in my... cat." Julie says and walks behind Luke to head towards the living room.

Well, that was until she turns around and when Luke wasn't looking, she gives me a thumbs up.

I give her a small glare as she smirks and makes her way upstairs.

"So..." Luke says as he looks at me.

"So..." I say back.

"How long are you going to stay here?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know." I walk towards the kitchen wall and slide down, I sit down on the cool floor.

Luke slides down next to me, "You know, they are really worried about you."

"How would you know?"

"This morning they came to our house asking for help."

"Help?"

"Help finding you. If you plan on leaving this house from now on, I would advise going in disguise. I know it sounds like we are in some secret agent movie, but I'm serious. If you plan on staying away from your parents house, people can't notice you in public." Luke says.

With the realization, I pull my legs close to my body and rest my head on my knees, "I didn't think this through."

I just wanted to get away from them.

I don't want to go back.

But, is it worth them thinking I got kidnapped?

But then, my mother's last words play in my head.

She has Ally, why would she care?

"They don't care about me." My voice comes out harsh.

"Ella don't you dare say that." Luke says, but I shake my head.

"They don't care Luke. They don't, they don't." I feel myself start to hyperventilate.

I can't go back.

I can't go back.

All I hear are my moms words.

Her words stabbed me like knives stabbing an open wound.

A wound that was still there, no matter how much I tried to hide it or cover it up.

It was still a part of me, I couldn't make it go away.

"Ella, please don't cry." I almost couldn't hear Luke's voice.

Again, my thoughts drowned me in its own poison.

"I.." I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my face.

I feel arms wrap around me as Luke takes me into his arms cradling me.

He starts to rock us back in forth as one arm supports us while the other plays with my hair.

My face was buried into his neck as I let out small cry's.

"You're okay, I got you." Luke whispers over and over, pulling me closer.

With his words, I try my best to pull myself together, trying my best to fight off the memories that invaded my thoughts.

"I'm here Ella, it's okay."

We stay in this position for a couple of minutes until he starts to move around.

I am at first afraid he was going to leave, but then I feel him stand up, along with me being picked up bridle style as he carries me into the living room and onto the couch.

He sets me down gently as he lays my head on a pillow, he then climbs in next to me on the couch, his hand around my waist.

All that could be heard from throughout the room was the occasional sound of my sniffles.

"Ella?" I feel Luke's breath on my shoulder as I look at the ceiling.

I felt embarrassed for crying.

Every single time I let this affect me, I feel embarrassed.

I hate how I let this bother me so much.

So instead of turning towards him, my voice muffled a "hmm"

"Please look at me." His voice was so calming, and even after crying my eyes out, the sound of his voice caused butterflies in my stomach.

But I couldn't even turn my head.

Suddenly, he moves again, but this time, he swings a leg around me and next thing I know, he is straddling me on the couch.

I blush at the position as he leans down towards my face.

What is he doing?

What is he doing!

I had no other option but to look in his eyes.

Suddenly, Luke's hand comes up and he lays his hand on my cheek.

"You're not alone Ella. I promise you, I won't ever let you be alone again."

I feel myself nod my head as I take in his words, not being able to open my mouth to speak.

Suddenly, I watch as Luke's eyes flicker down to my lips and then back at me.

And I could only find myself doing the same.

I wasn't sure of what Luke was going to do next...

But I guess I will never know.

Because next thing I know, I hear the sound of a ringtone going off.

I watch from the sudden sound as it startles Luke and he moves from straddling me to the side of the couch.

I sit up as I listen to him talking to whoever was on the other side of the phone.

After a few words, Luke hangs up and looks at me, "I.. have to go. See you soon?" Luke asks, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah.. uh.. soon, sure." I mutter as he stands up and makes his way towards the door.

He turns around and mutters a "bye" and then walks out leaving me in my own thoughts.

Were we... about to kiss?

I could still feel the sparks on my cheek.

I knew what I had to do next.

~~~~~~~~~

"Julie?" I say walking into her room, she had her earplugs in and was reading a book on her bed.

When she sees me, she takes off her earplugs and puts down her book, "Is everything okay?"

"You were right, I like.. like Luke."

Excuse me while I just dig my grave real quick.

But hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter.

It really gave me the feels.

What do you think Ella will do?

And darn.. they were so close to kissing too!

Love you guys!

~juls

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
259K 7.6K 31
I pull up outside of his house and I don't move, "Want me to stay here so you have a ride home?" She shakes her head, "No. I'll probably get a ride f...
2.6M 70.7K 49
COMPLETED BUT EDITING ~~~~🌸~~~~ "Look who joined us boys. If it isn't the GG herself." I rolled my eyes and taped my hands as one of the annoying j...
5.2M 153K 32
Peyton Hills has it all. She has a perfect life, surrounded by loving and supportive parents who shockingly aren't divorced. She is surrounded by po...