bite me, beta » liam dunbar

By JCGHEADS

Book 1/1 [COMPLETED] SUMMARY: When Katherine Lahey starts her first year at Beacon Hills High without her old... More

Liam
The Benefactor
I.E.D
The Game
The Virus
Time Of Death
Perishable
Bonfire
NOT AN UPDATE
Dazed
not an update ):
shameless self promo + 20k !!
addressing some comments + 50k

Orphaned

12.5K 194 183
By JCGHEADS

[a/n: the picture shown is of Amanda not Katherine. Also the song is called "Life Support." By sam smith if you wanted to listen to it. (: enjoy]

Katherine's Pov.

I went to Scott's house after the what you might call 'incident'. I went up to my room and layed down on my bed, thinking.

I thought about how quickly my entire life had changed. Before I was bitten at thirteen, I had my whole life ahead of me. Well, my whole normal life ahead of me. Now I had a life where I was on a hit list of supernatural creatures and had no family left to hug and tell them about my sorrows.

Part of me is glad that Isaac isn't here. I guess I just don't want him in this mess. I don't want another family member dead.

I never told anyone, but my anchor was Isaac. I always strived to protect him. But since he's been gone, I've had trouble hanging on to him. It's like my anchor was fading. I was struggling a lot more on full moons but I didn't usually let it get the best of me.

But I had to admit that not having anyone got to me once in a while. It was usually the feeling of emptiness. The feeling of having no one. No mother to comfort me, no father to- wait, that's right. After my mom died, my father started abusing Isaac. I remember telling him to stop, to hurt me instead because I couldn't bear to see Isaac in pain. So my father took my advise and started abusing me as well as Isaac.

It wasn't what I had meant but it was what it was- he started paying more attention to me. Until he died and everything seemed okay. It wasn't that I didn't love my father, because I did, even though I had a hand full of reasons not to. I know why he used violence. It was because he didn't know what to do with the emotions he had after my Mom and older brother Camden died.

I forgave him the day I went to his funeral. I knew that's what my mom would have wanted me to do. But to say the least I was a messed up kid. This all kind of leads back to why I like Liam. We are more alike than he thinks. After my mom died I had post traumatic stress and depression. It was bad, but around that time I met Savannah, who knew what I was going through.

Her brother, Matt Daehler, drowned a while back. She had gotten anxiety afterward and dealt with it through an activity, which, for her, was photography. As for me, it's singing. So I sit up on my bed and grab my guitar, strumming a few times before clearing my throat.

"I've been sleepin' with the lights on... cuz the darkness is surrounding you." I begin singing Life Support by Sam Smith, hearing a heartbeat right outside my closed door. Too bad.

"This is my world, this is my choice. And you're the drug that gets me through. I've been waiting for an answer." I sing the last part highly, knowing the person outside of the door is listening intently.

"Because I built this bed for two. I'm just waiting on your answer. I built this bed for me and you."

At this point I'm just waiting for the person to open the door.

"Can't you see, that I.. am yours? So will you be, my life support?" I stop strumming and close my eyes.

"Come in." I say, putting my guitar down as I hear the door open.

"Liam? Wh-"

"I snuck in through the window." he says, closing the door behind him.

"Does Scott know you're here?" I ask him.

"No. I came to see if you were okay..." He says, walking towards me.

"I...I'm fine. I just..."

"You don't have to talk about it." he says and I stare at him silently, wondering why he was really here.

"You sing really nicely." he changes the topic and sits down next to me on my bed.

"Thanks." I smile at him. He smiles back at me and we just sit there staring at each other before I look down and clear my throat.

"Well, uh, I guess I'll just get going." he says, getting up. "I'll see you around?"

I nod before he opens my window and jumps out.

*******

I decided to skip today. Not even Melissa knows I did, I took the same exit route Liam took last night and bolted. I needed to find out what Amanda was, with or without her help.

I was currently in the middle of the woods, sitting by a tree and thinking. I wasn't going to let anyone else die because I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. What I really wanted to do was find Derek and talk to him about... well, anything. I missed him.

My pocket buzzes and I take my phone out.

Scott: Liam missing, let me know if u hear from him. r u ok?

My eyes widened.

Me: fine. what do you mean by missing?

I shut my phone off and get up until it starts ringing. I look to see the contact is Liam and I let out a breath I realized I'd been holding.

"Liam?"

I hear someone laughing softly on the other end.

"Listen, Katherine. Tell Scott to cooperate, or your little friend will be dead before you know it."

The line shuts off as I stand there stunned that it was Garret on the other end. I panic, dialing Scott right away, walking through the woods.

"Scott? Scott-"

"He called you too?"

"Yes." I breathe, somewhat relieved that I wasn't alone on this.

"Katherine listen to me. I met with Garret, he wants you to do something to get Liam back, but you have to tell him no, you-"

"What is it?"

Scott sighs on the other end, "He wants you to... he wants you to help me."

"Scott, of course I'm going to help you whether he says to or not. What did he ask you to do?"

"He asked me to break Violet out. I'm not letting you do this."

"Scott, if I don't help you, what's he going to do?"

"He... he's going to kill him. Liam."

"THEN WHY WOULDN'T I HELP YOU?" I shouted at him through the phone.

"Because it's dangerous and I can handle it."

"I'm helping you." I say before ending the call. I sigh at my phone when I hear car doors slamming shut not too far away. I quickly hide behind a nearby tree as the crunching of leaves get closer and I realize it's two people, not one.

"What is it?"

"Gun powder."

I frown at their voices before I peek from behind the tree. Derek should have caught my scent by now. And why was he with Malia?

"Derek?" I say, walking towards them.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Derek says and we watch each other for about a minute before I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him, and he does the same. I bury my face in his chest, breathing in his scent.

It smelled like pine and apples. Which made me realize I hadn't eaten breakfast as I let him go and take a step back. His scent started to fade away as I too began to smell gun powder. I frowned and looked at the ground, seeing a bullet.

"Derek." I said, not bothering to adress Malia who hadn't caught the scent herself.

They both walked up next to me before Derek leaned down and picked the bullet up, inspecting it.
"If Brett's pack is out here, I don't think they're meeting." Derek informs us.

What was he talking about? They were out here for Brett?

"They're hiding."

***

"Amanda. I need you to not find me. I...I'm going somewhere and... you can't follow me. Got that?" I ask the girl sitting in my bed room.

"Where are you going?" Savannah asks.

"Somewhere dangerous. Okay, look. I...I'm helping Scott out. That's all you need to know."

I glanced at Amanda who was sitting on my bed, a focused look on her face. She was staring at her hands on her lap, not saying a word this entire time. "Amanda, are you alright?" I ask as she gets up, the focused look still on her face. I had to meet with scott as soon as he knew where they were going to stop to ambush the car. Scott and Garret were following the car right now and I knew I had to get out of here in at least five minutes.

"Mandi, where you goin'?" Savannah asks and I look up to see the door swing open, Amanda seeming to have gone off running.

"Sav, stay here."

I run after my friend and catch sight of her leaving the house. I follow after her. She was running like her life depended on it and I'm starting to wonder if this has something to do with her knowing she's supernatural.

I call out to her a few times but she doesnt turn around. Eventually we end up somewhere in the woods, but I can hear cars on a road not too far from here. Amanda stays frozen as I catch up to her. She didn't look focused anymore, but scared. Her eyes were wide and her body rigid.

"Amanda, what the hell-?" I'm cut off when she starts screaming at the top of her lungs. The scream seems to almost echo in my head and I cover my ears. When she finally stops, I take my hands off but can still hear her voice ringing. Tears were streaming down her face and I swallowed, trying to make the ringing go away.

"What the hell?" I ask, surprised I could hear my own voice over the ringing.

Amanda was sobbing now, for some reason. I was extremely confused.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, concern stronger than my confusion.

"I...I saw it." She tells me, and I'm confused all over again.

"Saw what? Amanda, what did you see?"

"G...Garret. I s-saw Garret."

I still didn't understand why there were waterfalls emerging from her face.

"What about Garret? What happened?"

She started to suck in air before she looks at me, her voice trembling as she says, "He... he's dead."

"Scott!" I hear someone yell not too far away. I whip around in that direction before turning back to Amanda.

"Call Savannah, go home. Whatever you do, Amanda. Don't follow me." She looks at me before nodding and I sprint in the direction of the road.

When I arrive at the scene I see Scott lying on the ground, as well as his father and the Sherriff. I run over to them, leaning down next to scott, who i saw was still breathing. I glance at the sherriff and crouch beside him.

"Are you.. are you okay? Is Scott okay? What- what happened?" I turn to see Garret's dead body not too far from me and I wince. "Oh, God... it was Berserkers, wasn't it?" The sherriff nods as I take out my phone, my hands trembling.

"Deaton. Thank God. It... It's Scott."

"What happened?"

"Berserkers." I tell him, and then add where we are before I hang up.

"Don't worry, Mr. Stilinski. I-I'm calling... I'm..." I dial 911, putting my phone against my ear.

"911, what's your emergency?"

**********

"Hey there. I was actually hoping you'd be out for a few more minutes." I hear Deaton say as I get up and rush to Scott's side. He looks extremely confused.

"Scott." Chris says, coming closer to us. "This is gonna hurt." he puts his hand on the thing that was lodged into Scott's stomach about an hour ago. I grab scott's shoulder and nod at Chris before he starts to pull out the Berserker part.

Scott starts yelling and I try to hold him down as best as possible. Finally it's out, blood covering what looked like a claw, but I'm not sure. Scott curls in pain, falling toward Chris who pulled him up to his feet.

"You alright?" He asks as Scott groans. He looks down at his injury as Deaton and I walk to his side.

"Where's my dad and the sherriff?" he asks.

"They're at the hospital." Deaton answers. "They're both doing fine, hold this." he motions to Scott's wound. Scott pants, regaining his breath. "It was Kate." he says. I frown. "Kate Argent?" no one told me about her, I thought she was supposed to be dead. If she wasn't dead, what was she?

"It was her and the Berserkers." he continues, not paying any attention to what I'd just said.

"We know. But they move fast. And they don't leave much in the way of tracks." Chris says.

"We have to find her. She's got Violet." Scott says. Kate can't be that dangerous if she went for someone like Violet. Violet kills supernatural creatures, so if Kate's supernatural then Violet will kill her... right?

"I think Violet knows where Liam is." he says and I clench my jaw. i was going with Scott if it meant finding him. We couldn't leave a new beta alone, wherever he is.

"Then as much as this hurt, it can probably also help." Deaton holds out what was in Scott's stomach. "Can you get a scent?" He asks Scott and I leave my alpha to sniff it out because I was not going to smell that. He looks down and grabs it.

****

I had caught a whiff of the scent as well and started running as quickly as possible. If this was going to help me find Liam, then I was going to do anything to make sure he lived. If that meant getting hurt in the process, then I was okay with that. I'd gotten hurt before.

I made my way to the place that had the exact match with the scent. Chris pulled up in his car after I had gotten here and Scott came up right behind me. I wonder what his place is. I mean, it had this weird glow to it that made it seem all kinds of creepy.

Chris opens his car door and gets out just as Scott comes to stand next to me.

"You've been here before?" he asks Chris.

"I worked here." He looks up at the building. "We used to own the building. It was part of our business."

He seems to be lost in thought and I am too when Scott says, "I've fought these things before." both of us turn to look at him.

"They're strong. Really strong." he says.

"That's why I brought this." Argent says, walking toward his car, opening and closing his door, pulling out a gun. Scott's eyebrows shoot up.

"Well I don't know about you Scott, but I'm good with that." I nod. Argent nods at us, smirking before starting to make his way over to the building. I follow silently behind Scott. Right before we enter, he pulls me aside.

"Katherine, are you sure you want to do this?"

I nod, "Yah, of course."

"Look, Garret isn't here to make you. So -"

"Scott, it doesn't matter. I'm going to help you." I tell him. He still looks worried. I grab his arm and nod.

"It's okay." I tell him before walking inside behind Argent. The place was mostly covered in plastic, which made noise every time the wind blew. The creepy green glow continued inside, making this situation a bit more scarier. A chill runs down my spine as Scott looks back at the two of us. I smile at him.

"You shouldn't have come." comes a voice I'm not familiar with. But I'm taking a safe bet saying it's Kate. Argent turns, wondering where the voice came from.

"Kate." Scott says. Well, I was right.

"I'm here for Violet, I need to talk to her." He says. He then proceeds to look at me while shaking his head and mouthing 'run.' I shake my head.

The three of us start walking. "I knew you would find me."

I see the shadow of Kate and Argent puts his gun up while my claws slowly emerge from my fingertips.

"But... I was hoping we could do this later."

"I just..." she says as her body becomes smaller, and two other figures come from either side of her. Berserkers. "...Needed a little more time."

"For what?" Chris asks as her claws are seen through the transparent plastic.

"To learn control." she says.

She makes her way to the opening and pushes the plastic aside. I can only see her silhouette from here.

"Lower the gun. We walk away. And you don't have to get hurt."

"Where's Violet?" Scott asks. I can see her face now, it looks purple. She has fangs and blonde hair, I'm beginning to wonder what she is as adrenaline floods me because I know we're going to end up fighting.

"Put the gun down, Chris."

"Where is she?" Scott asks again as the Berserkers begin growling. Kate's eyes are green, meaning she wasn't a werewolf like myself. I had a feeling she was something a whole lot more dangerous. Chris grips the gun tighter as she growls.

"No, no." Scott warns. All of a sudden the Berserkers come charging at us and Chris starts firing at them.

"No, no, Stop! No!" Scott yells at him. I turn to see Kate grab him and punch him. I go into my beta form, growling lowly as the Berserkers approach us. I dodge left and right, weaving the monster until it punched the other Berserker. I took my shot at the other Berserker while the one I left behind stood confused. It gained control quickly though and knocked scott to the ground. I glance down at him when the berserker sends a shock of pain through my leg. Gasping, I look down to see my leg had something lodged in it. It looked like Scott's injury, except in my leg. I hit the floor in pain just as Scott's thrown back.

My vision starts to blur and I know I'm going to faint any minute now. The Berserker moved on to Chris, punching him and hitting him. He's about to kill him when Kate yells, "No!" and growls. I faintly see Kate and the Berserkers walking away before steady hands pick me up. I try to stay awake when I see that it's Scott's face looking down upon me. I force a smile before every thing goes black.

*

I blink, once or twice, before my eyes focus on the creepy green glow. How long was I out? I'd awoken to a scream, Scott carrying me out of the building.

"Liam..." I mutter, realizing it was he who screamed. I grab a handful of Scott's jacket, pulling myself up a little. "Scott..." He looks down at me before loading me into Argent's backseats. I look down to see my leg with a large peice of something coming out of it. I groan as Argent gets in and starts the car.

"Where are you taking me?" I breathe.

"Deaton's."

"No...no...I need to find- I need to find Liam...Liam.." I let out before everything turns black again.

This time when I wake, I'm on a table. I start panting and blinking rapidly, taking in my surroundings. Soon I see Scott looking down at me, a worried smile on his lips.

"Scott? What happened? Did you- did you find him?" I ask, trying to get up, immediately feeling pain in my leg. I look to see that there's nothing sticking out of it anymore, but there were about ten blood red cloths on top of it.

"You should lay back down." comes Deaton's voice.

"He's right." comes another voice. I frown and look up to see Liam entering, his hair wet. I sigh, knowing he's alive and safe. He walks over to me.

"You're okay." I smile and he does as well. "What happened?"

"Garret stuck him in a well, after poisoning him with a rare type of wolf's bane." Scott answers.

"What- what about me? Will I be okay?" I ask mostly the vet.

He nods. "You lost a lot of blood. You're not healing as quickly. We think it's because you've lost touch with your anchor."

I look up at him. "I guess I'll just have to find a new one."

***********
A/n OMG GUYS 1.2K+ READS THANKS SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

anyway i made this chapter suuuper long but i like this one (:

Also, i think i made what amanda was pretty obvious. woops.

I hope i made the relationship between her and derek & her and scott a little more understandable (:

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!
LOVE U GUYSS <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Always By ayrleah

Fanfiction

3.8K 124 29
Book 1: When Hollow Argent moves to the mysterious Beacon Hills to her Uncle Criss' house ... after the death of her cousin Allison. She finds that t...
98 11 12
𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓣𝔀𝓸: Seven years later, Julie Palmer returns to Beacon Hills because she felt drawn back. she becomes a teacher at the high school and t...
407K 8.2K 26
"Everything I've done before was in order to save my friends... just like my sister did" Loosing her sister was like losing a limb to her, she felt l...
792K 17.4K 31
3:00 AM. ❝ Liam, do you know what time it is? ❞ ❝ 3:00 am. So what? I wanted to see you. ❞ [liam dunbar x fem!oc] [Teen Wolf: Season 4-5A] [cover by...