It Started With A Play. . .

By loveswritingchlo

When a musical play is put on by Seven Seas High School Chloe's beyond excited to be a part of it. When her t... More

Characters
Authors Note
Assigning The Cast
Rehearsal Starts Today
Good News Doesn't Happen Just Once
Memories Don't Just Happen In A Play. . .
A Day In London
Musical Inspiration

Senior Ditch Day

4 0 0
By loveswritingchlo

Chloe’s P.O.V.

      I was sitting at one of the tables at the sky deck reading a book. Its been a month since the play and Zack and Cody (Walker) have both been trying to win mr over. Cody (Walker) is trying less than Zack is, but that is probably because he knows that I love him and he knows he’s most likely going to be the one. I just don’t know right now, I’m just confused.

     “Hey Chloe,” Zack said to me as he walked over to me.

     “Oh no,” I said to myself quietly as I closed my book and set it on the table in front of me.

     “Hey Zack,” I said to him with a slight smile.

    “What do you have planned for today? Besides you know ditching school,” Zack asked me curiously with a smile.

I didn’t know what to say to him. It has gotten to the point to where I don’t even know if I want to hang out with Zack or Cody (Walker). I try to hang out with both of them quite often. Its not very easy trying to make a decision between them when they both are being romantic and sweet. Then they both tell you they love you and it totally confuses you.

     “Uh, I’m not sure yet,” I replied to him unknowingly.

    “Why?” I asked curiously.

     “I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me today? We could go site seeing or have lunch or just hang out?” Zack asked me hopefully.

      “I. . .”

     “Hey Chloe,” Cody (Walker) said happily as he walked over to me.

‘Oh boy' I thought.

     “Hey, Cody,” I said to him as I looked at him.

     “Would you like to have lunch with me today?” Cody asked me sweetly.

     “I don’t. . .”

     “Hey, wait a minute, I was here first, she still hasn’t answered my question yet,” Zack said to Cody (Walker) defensively.

     “Maybe that’s because her answer is no and she just didn’t know how to tell you,” Cody said to him sarcastically.

Zack tried carrying on an argument. I wish I could get away from this for awhile just to sort everything out. I still don’t know who to choose. Am I just letting my own feelings get in the way of what God really wants for my life? I looked at the juice bar and saw Cody (Martin). Cody (Martin) and I have actually become pretty good friends lately. I don’t have a crush on him anymore, thank God. Him and I have become really close friend wise though. I saw the perfect opportunity when I saw him.

     “Uh, guys I actually do have plans, with Cody (Martin), so I’m pretty busy,” I said as I looked at Cody (Walker).

Cody (Walker) knew exactly why I said it and he gave me an okay look. He is so sweet. Zack however, didn’t look to happy. He was more like jealous. I stood up from the table and walked over to Cody (Martin).

     “Hey Cody,” I said to him with a smile.

    “Oh hey Chloe, what’s up?” Cody (Martin) asked me.

    “Wondering what you were doing today?” I asked him.

   “Well, I was going on a date with Bailey, but she had to cancel because she had to go home on an emergency account. Part of their barn fell down from a storm and one of their horses died,”  Cody (Martin) said to me.

     “Perfect, -“

Cody (Martin) looked at me weirdly.

     “No not that, you have to hang out with me today,” I said to him anxiously.

     “And do what?” Cody asked me.

    “I don’t know we could tour Greece together,” I responded.

Cody (Martin) thought for a minute.

     “Sure why not, I’ve got nothing better to do,” Cody (Martin) said to me with a smile.

     “Awesome! Thanks Cody!” I said to him happily as I hugged him.

I feel like I just need to sort out my thoughts and decide that way. I don’t know how being with my guy best friend is going to help but I just need a day away.

       “Meet me in the lobby at noon,” I said to Cody (Martin).

     “Okay,” said Cody with another smile.

I sighed in relief as I walked off the sky deck. I know it may seem like I’m trying to get away from Zack and Cody (Walker) but I’m not. Its just Zack has been driving me nuts all month and I need a break.

Cody Walker's P.O.V.

     I watched as Chloe walked off the sky deck. I looked at Zack and gave him a slight evil glare. I know he’s the reason why Chloe doesn’t want to hang out with either of us. He has been trying to hard with her lately. That’s not going to help Chloe make a decision about who she wants. Or who God wants her with. ‘Lord, help me show her that she has already chosen who she want’ I prayed to myself. I know I have to trust God which I why I’m not trying as hard. I know Chloe loves me. I just have to wait on God.

Zack's P.O.V.

     I looked at my brother as he ordered a smoothie from the juice bar. Why does she want to hang out with Cody (Martin)? What has he ever done for her? He’s with Bailey now he can’t like Chloe anymore. Yeah I know both Cody and I liked Chloe, and if it wasn’t for Cody (Walker) she would have already chosen me. I love her and I know she loves me at least a little bit. She just doesn’t see it yet. That’s why I have been trying so hard with her. I want her to see that its me. I won’t give up on her. Not until she tells me other wise.

Chloe’s P.O.V.

     I was standing by the railing away from the sky deck thinking about everything, again. I was praying about my situation. Asking God to show me where I’m supposed to be and apologizing for asking so many times. I’m still confused and I know confusion doesn’t come from God. ‘Please, Lord show me who it is. I need your guidance Lord,’ I prayed.

     “This should become our spot,” Cody (Walker) said walking over to me.

I didn’t understand why I was so happy to see him. I didn’t say anything.

     “I mean this is the spot where we had our first real kiss,” Cody said to me.
I smiled at him.

     “Yeah, – I'm sorry I didn’t agree to going to lunch with you, I just –“

     “I know why you did it, its okay, - maybe we can hang out later,” Cody said as he looked at me.

    “Yeah, maybe,” I said to him somewhat quietly.

Cody moved himself closer to me. He cupped his face in my hands and looked me in the eyes.

    “Maybe it will help you decide,” Cody (Walker) said leaning into my face.

Cody connected our lips and once again formed a passionate kiss. I swear I can’t get enough of these. If I were to get together with Zack, I would miss these a lot. Why do I feel like I still have a decision to make? Cody leaned back and I looked into my face.

     “I love you,” he said to me with love in his voice and in his heart.

   Before I knew what I was saying I said, “I love you too Cody.”

I didn’t know why I said that again but it seemed to make him really happy. I smiled at him as he walked away. Why am I trying to make a decision? Haven’t I already made one? Cody (Walker) walked away from me. I wanted him so desperately to stay by my side. I didn’t say anything though. Why is it I feel this way toward him? Every time I’m around him I feel like I want him more than anything. I just don’t seem to understand it right now.

.  .  .

Cody (Martin) and I were walking the streets of Greece. This is such a beautiful country. I’m glad that I get to walk it with my one guy best friend. I just needed some time to sort through my thoughts. Maybe this will help me.

     “So, not that I don’t enjoy walking the streets of Greece with you but I’m surprised you didn’t go with Zack or Cody,” Cody (Martin) said to me.

     “I just needed a break that’s all,” I said to him.

     “Why?” he asked me.

I sighed as I went into explaining to Cody (Martin) why I needed a break. I just don’t understand any of this anymore. I am so happy that I have Cody (Martin) as my best friend now. He has been a great sound board for me other than Destiny. I may have had a crush on him but that’s over now. He was always more of a friend to me.

     “I just feel like Zack is changing into a different person for me and I don’t know what to do about it. Not to mention the fact that both of them have told me they love me and now I’m just confused,” I explained to Cody (Martin).

     “So your hiding behind your own feelings because of Zack?” Cody (Martin) asked me.

     “Not necessarily because of Zack, its just I think I love them both and I don’t know who to choose. It would probably be a little easier if Zack still had that bad boy persona but he’s changed and he’s romantic and sweet and I feel like I should give him a chance, ” I said to him.

     “Chloe just because my brother is changing doesn’t mean you have to choose him because of that. Don’t let what my brother does stir you away from what you feel is right. I know you feel something for Cody (Walker) and I know he feels something for you. I can see it just by the way you to act around each other. And I have never in my entire life time of knowing you, seen your eyes sparkle. When your with Cody that’s all they do. Even when I liked you and sensed that you had a crush on me did your eyes sparkle. . .”

     “You used to like me?” I asked him confused.

     “Yeah, why do you think I wanted to play the part if Raoul so much?” Cody asked me with a smile.

I slightly laughed.

      “No offense, but Cody (Walker) was a lot better Raoul than you would have been,” I said to Cody while slightly laughing.

     “Hey, I did pretty well if I do say do myself,” Cody defended.

     “Eh, I guess you weren’t to bad,” I said happily.

     “Although, I would have killed it as the Phantom,” Cody said to me happily.
I just laughed at him.

     “Anyway, I think you have already made your choice, don’t block out your own feelings anymore just because your afraid of hurting the other. Follow your heart Chloe that’s what should matter. I mean I never expected to fall in love with Bailey but new and unexpected things happen everyday. Don’t let yourself fall just because you think you can’t make a decision. Your holding yourself back just because you don’t want to hurt Zack, but your really the one that’s getting hurt. Zack just wants to see you happy and even if your happy with Cody doesn’t mean that Zack won’t be happy. He might be upset at first but he'll get over it. That’s just how Zack is,” Cody said to me caringly.

     “But Zack said he loves me wouldn’t that make it worse?” I asked him.

     “Even if Zack is in love you, its not as much as Cody is in love with you, or how much your in love with Cody. You don’t have to say anything for it to show that its true. You just have to stand next to him,” Cody said to me sweetly.

     “So you think I’ve already made one?” I asked him.

     “I think so, its still your decision but don’t block your decision out just because of one of them,” Cody said to me.

I didn’t know what to say as we continued walking. I didn’t know what to do. I do love them both but only one of them makes me feel like I can be anything. Only one of them makes me feel like my whole world is right there in front of me. Only one of them makes me feel like I have everything right there. Cody and I continued talking as we stopped to view the beauty of Greece. I’m really happy that I was able to get out with Cody this afternoon. It has actually helped me. In some way I knew it would.

.  .  .

     I was walking around the boat thinking and praying about everything. I didn’t know where I was going, I was just walking. ‘Lord, take me to where you want me, don’t let me be crowded by my own head anymore,’ I prayed. I want to know where I belong. I think I’ve known that for a while. I found myself standing outside Cody Walker’s cabin. I didn’t know why I ended up here but I think I have a pretty good idea. I wasn’t going to knock on the door but something wouldn’t let me walk away. I knocked on his door. I didn’t know what I was going to say to him. I couldn’t get what Cody (Martin) said to me earlier out of my head. I have to stop letting my own feelings crowd what’s right. Cody (Walker) opened his door. He smiled as he saw me. I have never seen Zack smile at me like that. Nor have I ever seen his face glow like Cody's (Walker) does. Looking at him made me realize how much I missed him. I quickly leaned over and started to kiss him passionately, might I add not very lightly either. I could feel Cody’s (Walker) excitement as he touched me. There’s something about him that just makes me want to touch him all the time. I want to kiss him every time I see him. Maybe Cody (Martin) is right about this. Maybe I already have made my decision. Now its just a matter of fact of me being able to tell Zack and Cody (Walker) what my final decision is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
1.1M 28.2K 30
#ProjectBadBoys {Highest Ranking: #7 in Teen Fiction & #2 in Fiction} Blake Tyler is your typical bad boy. He skips school, sleeps with girls, smokes...
669 25 20
[COMPLETE] Both Chloe Grey and Ricky Bowen want to try something new. A musical. During the journey Chloe, who has experience with all performing art...
208K 4.5K 59
"But did you think that relationship was real? Like it would last like us?" "Kinda," I told him honestly. "I did believe that, but all relationships...