It Started With A Play. . .

loveswritingchlo által

When a musical play is put on by Seven Seas High School Chloe's beyond excited to be a part of it. When her t... Több

Characters
Authors Note
Assigning The Cast
Rehearsal Starts Today
Memories Don't Just Happen In A Play. . .
A Day In London
Senior Ditch Day
Musical Inspiration

Good News Doesn't Happen Just Once

4 0 0
loveswritingchlo által

Chloe’s P.O.V.

     It’s been a month and half since rehearsals started and today is the day of our actual performance. I am so beyond excited. Despite Zack being the phantom, these past weeks have been the best of my life. Plus, rehearsing with Cody (Walker) was the best thing ever, especially when I kissed him. He really does know how to act. I can feel the love that Raoul has for Christine when he kisses me. Its almost as if he actually means it. Oh, not to mention tonight we actually get to wear our costumes, I can’t wait for that either!

     “Alright class, we’ve had a wonderful past six weeks and tonight is the night of our actual performance, I hope we all do our best and its even better we’re in the exact country that this actually took place,” Mrs. Webster said to us happily.

    “Wait all this really happened? Does that mean Zack is going to get attacked on stage and Chloe’s going to get kidnapped and Raoul's almost going get strangled?” London asked a little to happily.

All of us just looked at London.

     “It’s a good thing your not in this play,” Bailey said to her.

    “I should have been,” London pouted.

I slightly laughed as I turned away.

     “Alright, all of start getting ready we’re –“

    “Waaaaiiittttt!!!” Mr. Moseby yelled running onto the sky deck.

   “What is it Mr. Moseby?” Mrs. Webster asked him.

    “I spoke to the new managers of the Paris Opera house –“

My heart started pounding as he said those words.

   “You don’t mean the real Paris Opera house where the real events took place do you?” I asked curiously confused as I smiled.

     “That’s exactly what I mean, I spoke with them and told them about our musical and they said that in honor of what actually happened they’re going to let us use they’re stage to perform,” Mr. Moseby said to us.

Everyone started cheering and chatting
amongst themselves. I excitedly threw myself into Cody (Walker) hugging him. This is all so exciting and also more amazing things to add onto my dream.

Zack's P.O.V.

I looked over at Chloe who was hugging Cody (Walker) and smiling. She laughed as she leaned away from him. Her laugh is contagious. She doesn’t like him does she? Oh, gosh I hope not. He’s her lover in this play and I’m the pathetic one who gets left alone. I gave him an evil glare. I can’t wait to almost strangle him in my lair.

Chloe’s P.O.V.

     “Also they told me that in honor of our play, they will give a free tour of the Paris Opera House after our performance,” Mr. Moseby said.

We all cheered again.

     “This is so exciting, not only am I living my dream, I get to live my dream in the Paris Opera House where the real thing actually took place,” I said excitedly to my friends.

We all started chatting amongst ourselves ignoring our teacher, pretty much.

     “Alright, guys I know this is all to exciting for us but we need to focus on our last rehearsal before the performance tonight –“

     “One more thing, the managers of the opera house told me that we can have our last rehearsal at the opera house,” Mr. Moseby said.

     “Yayyyy!!!!!” everyone cheered.

     “When can we go?” I asked anxiously.

    “When ever your ready,” Moseby answered.
He walked away from us. We were all quiet for a split second.

     “Since I know that your all to excited about going into the Paris Opera House, lets get our things and head to the opera house,” Mrs. Webster said to us.

     “Yes!” I said excitedly.

We all headed off the sky deck to grab our things and go to the opera house. I’m so excited right now I’m actually nauseous.
.  .  .
Later just before the performance. . .

I stood in the outfit I was to be wearing for the first time I appear on stage. I couldn’t shake this nervous feeling in my stomach. I was nervously playing with my fingers as I looked at everyone that was arriving and sitting down in their seats. I took a few deep breaths as I looked at everyone. Cody (Walker) came over to me.

     “Hey, you okay?” Cody (Walker) asked me sweetly.

I turned around and looked at him.

     “Yeah, I’m fine,” I responded avoiding an answer completely.

    “I know we’ve only known each other for a month and a half but I can be a good listening and I know can tell when your nervous,” Cody said to me.

I took a deep breath and looked at the floor. Cody (Walker) took his hand and gently lifted up my face.

    “I’m your friend, you can tell me anything,” he said to me lovingly.

I just looked at him. He shows so much care and love in his voice. I don’t know if he’s just getting into character or if he actually means it. Even still it means a lot to me. I sighed as I tried to let me being nervous go.

    “I like Zack and Cody, and I have problems being around because I get nervous and all weird and its harder for me to focus and perform good and low and behold Zack is the phantom,” I said to him.

     “You seem to have been fine when we’ve been rehearsing,” Cody (Walker) said to me.

     “That's because your there –“

I honestly didn’t mean to say that. It just came before I realized what I had said. I quickly changed the subject so he wouldn’t feel awkward.

     “I’m just scared that I won’t be able to pull off an exquisite performance that everything thinks I can. I’m afraid of letting everyone down,” I said to him looking back at the crowd of people for a second.

     “I believe you'll do just fine. Do me a favor? –“

I didn’t say anything I just looked at him.

     “Instead of focusing on being nervous around Zack, focus on me, you’ll do just fine if you focus on me, drown out all those other distractions and focus on me, you’ll probably impress yourself,” Cody (Walker) said to me sweetly.

I didn’t say anything. Cody (Walker) moved a little closer to me.

     “Chloe. . .that’s all I ask of you,” Cody sang to me in his gorgeous singing voice.

I didn’t know what to do as I looked into his gorgeous blue eyes. The best part about him is the only thing that he needs to do to get ready as Raoul is getting into costume. Which he looks really handsome in by the way. Wait! Stop! I don’t like him like that, do I? I can’t focus on that I have to focus on just him. I slightly nodded to him. Cody (Walker) smiled lightly as he leaned down and lightly kissed my cheek. I smiled at him as he walked away. What does that man do to me? I took a deep breath and walked over to where everyone else was. This is going to be the best night ever. . .

.  .  .

I stood on the stage ready and waiting to perform my song. Am I nervous? Yes, but only because it feels like there are millions of people watching me. However, it does feel better to know that Cody (Walker) is here to help me. I’m doing what he told me to do. It gives me courage and strength. I don’t know what it is about this man but I’m glad he showed up when he did. Here it goes. . .

Christine (Chloe {Me})
       Think of me, think of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me once in a while -
please promise me you'll try.
When you find that, once again, you long
to take your heart back and be free -
if you ever find a moment,
spare a thought for me
We never said our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea -
but if you can still remember
stop and think of me . . .
Think of all the things
we've shared and seen -
don't think about the way things
might have been . . .
Think of me, think of me waking,
silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying too hard
to put you from my mind.
Recall those days
look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do -
there will never be a day,
when I won't think of you . . .
RAOUL (Cody Walker)
Can it be? Can it be Christine?
Bravo!
Long ago, it seems so long ago
How young and innocent we were...
She may not remember me,
but I remember her...

I didn’t know what to do or how to react when Cody (Walker) walked off the stage. I took a silent deep breath and continued with my song. I have to focus on what he told me.

CHRISTINE {Me}
Flowers fade,
The fruits of summer fade,
They have their seasons, so do we
but please promise me, that sometimes
you will think of me!

I smiled and continued with the last part of my scene. I walked off the stage and found Cody (Walker) standing there smiling. I walked over to him and hugged him.

     “Thank you,” I said to him with a smile.

     “You're welcome, the play’s not over yet,” Cody (Walker) said to me sweetly.

I smiled at him again as I walked away from him to start my next scene. The next one is with my sister, so it shouldn’t be as difficult.
. . .

CHRISTINE {Me}
Father once spoke of an angel
I used to dream he'd appear
Now as I sing, I can sense him
And I know he's here

Here in this room
He calls me softly
Somewhere inside hiding

Somehow I know
He's always with me
He - the unseen genius

MEG [Destiny]:
Christine, you must have been dreaming, stories like this can't come true

Christine, you're talking in riddles, and it's not like you!

CHRISTINE {Me}:
Angel of Music!
Guide and guardian!
Grant to me your glory!

MEG(to herself) [Destiny]
Who is this angel? This...

BOTH [{Destiny and Me}]
Angel of Music!
Hide no longer!
Secret and strange angel

CHRISTINE {Me}:
He's with me, even now...

MEG [Destiny]:
Your hands are cold...

CHRISTINE {Me}
All around me...

MEG [Destiny]:
Your face, Christine, it's white...

CHRISTINE {Me}
It frightens me...

MEG [Destiny]
Don't be frightened...

Doing this is fun, but its even better when I get to share it with my best friend. Destiny is the best Meg Giry there is, I honestly wouldn’t want anyone playing her.

. . .

Now sitting in the dressing room on stage that’s Christine's. Raoul walks into the room with flowers.

    “Little lotte let her mind wander. Little lotte thought am I fonder dolls or goblins or shoes,” said Raoul (Cody Walker) walking closer to me.

     “Raoul,” I smiled.

     “Or of riddles or frocks,” Said he.

     “Those picnics in the attic,” said I happily.

    “Or of chocolates,” Raoul (Cody Walker) smiled.

    “Father playing the violin,” I smiled once more.

    “As we read to each other, dark stories of the north,”

    “No – one of the best Lotte said, is when I’m sleep in my bed,” I said to him.

    “And the angel of music sings songs in my head –the angel of music sings songs in my head” Raoul (Cody Walker) and I sang together.

     “Oh you sang like an Angel tonight,” Raoul (Cody Walker) said to me as he hugged me.

     “Father said, "When I'm in heaven, child, I will send the Angel of Music to you." Well, Father is dead, Raoul. And I have been visited by the Angel of Music,”

     “Oh, no doubt of it. And now, we go to supper”

     “No, Raoul, the Angel of Music is very strict”

     “Well, I shan't keep you up late”

     “Raoul, no”

     “You must change. I'll order my carriage. Two minutes, Little Lotte”

     “No. Raoul, wait!”

[PHANTOM] [Zack]
Insolent boy!
This slave of fashion
Basking in your glory!

Ignorant fool!
This brave young suitor
Sharing in my triumph!

[CHRISTINE] {Me}
Angel! I hear you!
Speak, I listen
Stay by my side, guide me!

Angel, my soul was weak
Forgive me
Enter at last, Master!

[PHANTOM][Zack]
Flattering child, you shall know me
See why in shadow I hide
Look at your face in the mirror
I am there inside!

[CHRISTINE] {Me}
Angel of Music!
Guide and guardian!
Grant to me your glory!

Angel of Music!
Hide no longer!
Come to me, strange angel

[PHANTOM] [Zack]
I am your Angel of Music
Come to me: Angel of Music

[RAOUL, spoken] (Cody Walker)
Whose is that voice? Who is that in there?!

[PHANTOM] [Zack]
I am your Angel of Music
Come to me: Angel of Music [RAOUL, (Cody Walker) spoken]

Christine! Christine!

As I stood there and pretended to be entranced by the phantom, it was really Zack in that costume. I wish he wasn’t so cute and I wish I didn’t like him so much.
.  .  .

(Phantom [Zack] and Christine {Me})
Your/my spirit and your/my voice
In one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your/my mind
He's there
The Phantom of the Opera
Beware
The Phantom of the Opera
In all your fantasies
You always knew
That man and mystery
Were both in you
And in this labyrinth
Where night is blind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your/my mind

As we sang together I was literally entranced by his singing voice. Which I guess is supposed to be a part of the scene. At least I can still focus, thanks to Cody (Walker). I am however not looking forward to the next part.

.  .  .

(PHANTOM [ZACK])
Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation
Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

Toward the end of Music of the Night, I felt like I could barely even stand. Zack was touching me in a way I never thought he would ever touch me. Standing here playing the part of Christine being confused on my feelings because at this very moment I wish this was Cody (Walker), but I’m also glad that its Zack.

.  .  .

Christine] {Me}
I remember there was mist...
Swirling mist upon a vast glassy lake
There were candles all around, and on the lake there was a boat
And in the boat there was a man

Who was that shape in the shadows?
Whose is the face in the mask?

[She removes his mask. Phantom covers his face]

[Phantom] [Zack]
... Damn you
You little prying Pandora
You little demon
Is this what you wanted to see?
Curse you, you little lying Delilah
You little viper
Now you cannot ever be free
Damn you, curse you...

Stranger than you dreamt it
Can you even dare to look, or bear to think of me
This loathesome gargoyle
Who burns in hell, But secretly yearns for heaven
Secretly, secretly...
Oh Christine...

Fear can turn to love
You'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster
This repulsive carcass
Who seems a beast but secretly dreams of beauty,
Secretly, secretly...
Oh, Christine...

(Christine hands the Phantom his mask)

[Phantom, speaking] [Zack]
Come, we must return, those two fools who run my theatre will be missing you.

Zack has pulled off the best performance of his life. How could I be scared to tell this guy how I truly feel? I like him so much. Unless it truly isn’t what God wants for me. After getting off the stage from this part all I could do was look and Cody (Walker) and wonder.

.  .  .

This moment I have waited for, for the entire night. . .

Raoul (Cody Walker)
Why have you brought me here?

Christine {Me}
We can't go back there!

Raoul (Cody Walker)
We must return!

Christine {Me}
He'll kill you!
His eyes will find us there!

Raoul (Cody Walker)
Christine, don't say that

Christine {Me}
Those eyes that burn!

Raoul (Cody Walker)
Don't even think it

Christine {Me}
And if he has to kill a thousand men

Raoul (Cody Walker)
Forget this waking nightmare

Christine {Me}
The Phantom of the Opera will kill

Raoul (Cody Walker)
This phantom is a fable
Believe me

Christine {Me}
...and kill again!

Raoul (Cody Walker)
There is no Phantom of the Opera

Christine {Me}
My God, who is this man

Raoul (Cody Walker)
My God, who is this man

Christine {Me}
...who hunts to kill?

Raoul (Cody Walker)
...this mask of death?

Christine {Me}
I can't escape from him

Raoul (Cody Walker)
Whose is this voice you hear

Christine {Me}
...I never will!

Raoul (Cody Walker)
...with every breath?

Both: (Cody Walker and Me)
And in this labyrinth,
where light is blind
the Phantom of the Opera
is here/there
inside your/my mind

Raoul (Cody Walker)
There is no Phantom of the Opera

Christine: (Me)
Raoul, I've been there, to his world of
unending night
To a world where the daylight dissolves
into darkness, darkness
Raoul, I've seen him!
Can I ever forget that sight?
Can I ever escape from that face?
So distorted,deformed, it was hardly a face,
in the darkness, darkness
But his voice filled my spirit
with a strange, sweet sound
In that night there was music in my mind
And through music my soul began to soar!
And I heard as I'd never heard before

Raoul: (Cody Walker)
What you heard was a dream and nothing more

Christine: (Me)
Yet in his eyes all the sadness of the world
Those pleading eyes, that both threaten and adore

Raoul: (Cody Walker)
Christine, Christine

Phantom: (Zack)
Christine

As Cody (Walker) led me over to another part of the stage (the roof) I had chills run through my entire body as I looked at him. The feelings I am feeling right now I have never felt toward anybody, not even Zack or Cody (Martin). As he started to sing I could feel my heart starting to beat fasted and at this moment right now, I’m glad I’m not anywhere else.

RAOUL (CODY WALKER)
No more talk of darkness
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here, nothing can harm you
My words will warm and calm you

Let me be your freedom
Let daylight dry your tears
I'm here with you, beside you
To guard you and to guide you

[CHRISTINE] (ME)
Say you love me every waking moment
Turn my head with talk of summertime
Say you need me with you now and always
Promise me that all you say is true
That's all I ask of you

[RAOUL] (CODY WALKER)
Let me be your shelter
Let me be your light
You're safe, no one will find you
Your fears are far behind you

[CHRISTINE] (ME)
All I want is freedom
A world with no more night
And you, always beside me
To hold me and to hide me

[RAOUL] (CODY WALKER)
Then say you'll share with me
One love, one lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you need me with you here beside you
Anywhere you go, let me go too
Chloe, that's all I ask of you

Cody Walker’s P.O.V

     I realized what I had said after it came out. Why did I say her name instead of Christine's? Its not like this is real. . .? Chloe turned around to continue singing her part. She looked so beautiful as her face glowed under the lighting of the stage, which portrayed the moon. I have never seen her this way in front of anybody, not even Zack and Cody. There was a reason I was supposed to be in this play and I think I know what it is.

[CHRISTINE] (ME)
Say you'll share with me
One love, one lifetime
Say the word and I will follow you

[RAOUL AND CHRISTINE] (CODY WALKER AND ME)
Share each day with me
Each night, each morning

[CHRISTINE] (ME)
Say you love me

[RAOUL] (CODY WALKER)
You know I do

[RAOUL AND CHRISTINE] (CODY WALKER AND ME)
Love me, that's all I ask of you

Chloe’s P.O.V.

     The kiss is the most exciting part. Cody's (Walker’s) so into his part. The way he’s kissing me, it actually feels like he really means it. I don’t feel like he’s acting anymore. Did God point me to this direction? Right now I’m not even thinking about Zack or Cody (Martin). My thoughts are all on Cody (Walker). As he set me down and we looked into each others eyes, I could feel something within me I’ve never felt before. Feelings I’ve never experienced before in my entire life.

[RAOUL AND CHRISTINE] (CODY WALKER AND ME)
Anywhere you go, let me go too
Love me, that's all I ask of you

As we kissed again the feelings from within seemed to progress more and grow deeper. I feel like he’s the only one I want to be around right now. I only want him to touch me, I only want to kiss just him. What’s happening to me?

Christine] (Me)
I must go, they'll wonder where I am
Come with me Raoul...

[Raoul] (Cody Walker)
Christine, I love you...
(They kiss)

[Christine] (Me)
Order your fine horses
Be with them at the door!

[Raoul] (Cody Walker)
And soon you'll be beside me...

[Christine] (Me)
You'll guard me and you'll guide me...

Zack’s P.O.V.

    I could see love starting to form between them. It wasn’t just an act either. Sure maybe all the people out there loved it but I didn’t. What does he have that I don’t have? I’ve always liked Chloe, but I’ve always been to afraid to say anything to her. Now, I think I just lost my chance. You know what no, I won’t let Raoul steal my girl, and I mean that as the phantom and Zack Martin.

[Phantom] (Zack)
(Picks up Christine's rose)
I gave you my music
Made your song take wing
And now, how you've repaid me
Denied me and betrayed me
He was bound to love you
When he heard you sing!
[whispered]
Christine...
(The Phantom begins to cry)

[Christine and Raoul in the distance] (Cody Walker and Me)
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime!
Say the word and I will follow you
Share each day with me, each night, each morning..

[Phantom] (Zack)
(Climbing the statue)
You will curse the day you did not do
All that the Phantom asked of you!

.  .  .

Chloe’s P.O.V.

     A masquerade ball, what a wonderful way to spend the night after being proposed to by your lover, obviously in the performance. Although things did feel different between me and Cody (Walker) and I think I like it.

[CHRISTINE, sung] (Me)
Think of it!

(spoken)
A secret engagement! Look—your future bride! Just think of it.

[RAOUL, spoken] (Cody Walker)
But why is it secret? What have we to hide? You promised me...
Raoul tries to kiss her. . .

[CHRISTINE, spoken] (Me)
No, Raoul, please don't, they'll see...

[RAOUL, spoken] (Cody Walker)
Well then let them see. It's an engagement, not a crime!

(sung)
Christine, what are you afraid of?
[CHRISTINE, sung]
Let's not
argue,
Please
pretend,
You will
understand in time
(Me)
RAOUL, sung](Cody Walker)
Let's not argue

I can only
hope I'll
understand in time

As we started to dance I felt like I could pretty much feel what Christine felt for Raoul. I don’t understand what is really happening. Am I falling in love with Cody (Walker)? As the music played and no one sang Cody (Walker) and I kissed again. I swear this gets more real every time it happens. I don’t understand what it is about this man but I can’t seem to want to stay away from him.

.  .  .

Walking in the cemetery on stage wondering where my life has led me to. That’s not just in the play either, I am seriously wondering where my life has led me to up to this point. Or where God is leading me.

Christine  (Me)
Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing
Her father promised her that he would send the Angel of Music

[All Versions:]

[Christine] (Me)
You were once my one companion
You were all that mattered
You were once a friend and father
Then my world was shattered
Wishing you were somehow here again
Wishing you were somehow near
Sometimes it seemed,
if I just dreamed
Somehow you would be here

Wishing I could hear your voice again
Knowing that I never would
Dreaming of you won't help me to do
All that you dreamed I could

Passing bells and sculpted angels
Cold and monumental
Seem for you the wrong companions
You were warm and gentle

Too many years
Fighting back tears
Why can't the past just die?

Wishing you were somehow here again
Knowing we must say goodbye
Try to forgive, teach me to live
Give me the strength to try
No more memories, no more silent tears
No more gazing across the wasted years
Help me say goodbye
Help me say goodbye

Sitting on the floor in front of Christine Daaé's fathers grave. Knowing that Zack will start to sing at any moment, wondering how I’m going to feel then.

. . .

Cody Walker's P.O.V.
Raoul: (Me)
We have all been blind
And yet the answer is staring us in the face
This could be the chance
To ensnare our clever friend

Andre: (Woody)
We're listening...

Firmin: (Cody Martin)
Go on.

Raoul: (Cody Walker)
We shall play his game
Perform his work, but remember we hold the ace
For if Miss Daae sings
He is certain to attend

Andre: (Woody)
We are certain the doors are barred

Firmin: (Cody Martin)
We are certain the police are there

Raoul: (Cody Walker)
We are certain they're armed

Raoul/Andre/Firmin (Cody Walker, Woody, Cody Martin):
The curtain falls
His reign will end!

Christine[spoken]: (Me)
Raoul, I'm frightened...
Don't make me do this
It scares me,
Don't put me through this ordeal by fire.
He'll take me, I know
We'll be parted forever...
He won't let me go.
What I once used to dream, I now dread.
If he finds me, it won't ever end.
[sung]And he'll always be there,
singing songs in my head...
He'll always be there,
singing songs in my head...

Raoul: (Cody Walker)
You said yourself,
He was nothing but a man...
Yet while he lives,
He will haunt us 'til we're dead.

Christine (Me)
Twisted every way
What answer can I give?
Am I to risk my life
To win the chance to live?
Can I betray the man
Who once inspired my voice?
Do I become his prey?
Do I have any choice?
He kills without a thought
He murders all that's good
I know I can't refuse...
And yet, I wish I could
Oh God, if I agree
What horrors wait for me
In this, the Phantom's opera

Raoul: (Cody Walker)
Christine, Christine
Don't think that I don't care
But every hope, and every prayer
rests on you now

Phantom: (Zack)
Seal my fate tonight
I hate to have to cut the fun short
But the joke's wearing thin
Let the audience in
Let my opera begin!

This next part should be interesting. If Zack actually hurts her in anyway, I won’t let him forget it. I want to protect her with my life. I love her. . .

.  .  .

Phantom (Zack)
You have come here
In pursuit of your deepest urge
In pursuit of that wish which till now has been silent
Silent
I have brought you
That our passions may fuse and merge
In your mind you've already succumbed to me
Dropped all defenses, completely succumbed to me
Now you are here with me, no second thoughts
You've decided, decided
Past the point of no return
No backward glances
The games we've played till now are at an end
Past all thought of if or when
No use resisting
Abandon thought and let the dream descend
What raging fire shall flood the soul?
What rich desire unlocks its door?
What sweet seduction lies before us
Past the point of no return
The final threshold?
What warm, unspoken secrets will we learn
Beyond the point of no return?

Chloe’s P.O.V.
As Zack touched me, he was gentle and knew his boundaries. Its like Zack knew I was uncomfortable and wanted to make me feel comfortable in every way. That definitely confuses things a lot.

Christine (Me)
You have brought me
To that moment where words run dry
To that moment where speech disappears into silence
Silence
I have come here
Hardly knowing the reason why
In my mind I've already imagined our bodies entwining, defenseless and silent
And now I am here with you, no second thoughts
I've decided, decided
Past the point of no return
No going back now
Our passion play has now at last begun
Past all thought of right or wrong
One final question
How long should we two wait before we're one?
When will the blood begin to race
The sleeping bud bursts into bloom?
When will the flames at last consume us?

Both (Zack and I)

Past the point of no return
The final threshold
The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn
We've passed the point of no return

We stood there doing what we were supposed for the scene, which again confusing. Then Zack (The Phantom) starts to sing me and Cody's (Walker’s) song.

     “Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime, lead me, save me from my solitude, say you'll want me with you here beside you. . .”

I somehow felt like Zack meant that. What the heck!?!? I didn’t let that stop me from doing what I had to for the part.

     “Anywhere you go let me go to, Christine that’s allll I ask of. . .”

I removed his mask and gave him the I’m sorry, I can’t look. I don’t think Zack is going to give on me so easily, but my heart belongs to someone else.
.  .  .

[CHRISTINE] (Me)
Have you gorged yourself, at last, in your lust for blood?
Am I now to be prey to your lust for flesh?

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
That fate which condemns me to wallow in blood
Has also denied me the joys of the flesh
This face—the infection which poisons our love

[He takes the bridal veil from the dummy of Christine, and moves slowly towards her]

This face, which earned a mother's fear and loathing
A mask, my first unfeeling scrap of clothing

[He places the veil on her head]

Pity comes too late—
Turn around and face your fate:
An eternity of this before your eyes!

[He puts the ring in her hand. She removes the veil and lifts the cover from a nearby mirror.]

[CHRISTINE] (Me)
This haunted face holds no horror for me now
It's in your soul that the true distortion lies

[The PHANTOM suddenly senses RAOUL's presence. Behind the portcullis, RAOUL comes out of the water]

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
Wait! I think, my dear, we have a guest!
Sir...

[CHRISTINE:] (Me)
Raoul!

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
...this is indeed, an unparalleled delight!
I had rather hoped that you would come
And now my wish comes true—
You have truly made my night!

[CHRISTINE, spoken (Special Edition only)] (Me)
Let me go

[RAOUL (pleading, grasping the bars of the gate)] (Cody Walker)
Free her!
Do what you like, only free her!
Have you no pity?

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
Your lover makes a passionate plea!

[CHRISTINE] (Me)
Please Raoul, it's useless!

[RAOUL] (Cody Walker)
I love her!
Does that mean nothing?
I love her!
Show some compassion...

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
The world showed no compassion to me!

[RAOUL] (Cody Walker)
Christine, Christine
Let me see her...

[PHANTOM] (ZACK)
Be my guest, sir...

[He gestures, and the gate rises. RAOUL enters]

Monsieur, I bid you welcome!
Did you think that I would harm her?
Why would I make her pay, for the sins which are yours?

[So saying, he swiftly moves to tie RAOUL to the portcullis gates with rope]

Order your fine horses now!
Raise up your hand to the level of your eyes!
Nothing can save you now—except perhaps Christine...

[He turns to her]

Start a new life with me—
Buy his freedom with your love!
Refuse me, and you send your lover to his death!
This is the choice—
This is the point of no return!

[CHRISTINE] (ME)
The tears I might have shed for your dark fate
Grow cold, and turn to tears of hate!
[RAOUL] (CODY WALKER)
Christine, forgive me, please forgive me
I did it all for you, and all for nothing

Say you love him
And my life is
over
Either way you choose
He has to win

Why make her lie to you, to save me?

For pity's sake, Christine, say no!
Don't throw your life away for my sake!

I fought so hard to free you...

[CHRISTINE]
Farewell my fallen idol and false friend
We has such hopes, and how those hopes are shattered!

Angel of
Music...

Who
deserves this?
Why
do you curse
mercy?

Angel
of
Music, you deceived me

(ME)

[PHANTOM] (Zack) (
Too late for
turning back

Too late for prayers and useless pity!

[Tying a lasso around RAOUL's neck]

All hope of cries for help
No point in fighting!
For either way you choose
You cannot win!
So, do you end your days with me
Or do you send him to his grave?

Past the point of
no return

The final
threshold
His life
is now the prize which you must earn!

You've passed the point of
no return...
[CHRISTINE, spoken] (Me)
I gave you my mind, blindly

[PHANTOM, spoken] (Zack)
You try my patience—make your choice!

[She reflects for a moment, then with resolution moves slowly towards the PHANTOM]

[CHRISTINE] (Me)
Pitiful creature of darkness
What kind of life have you known?
God give me courage to show you
You are not alone

I was dreading this moment even more than I had before. What would this reveal if I kiss Zack right here right now? I walked over to him, slipped the ring on, the phantom gave Christine and kissed him. It doesn’t feel right. He’s a great kisser, but it doesn’t feel right. It just feels like a normal stage kiss and nothing more. When I kissed Cody (Walker) it felt like so much more. I know it was more than just that. I think Zack somehow knew I partly liked him but that it wasn’t supposed to happen this way. I leaned away from him and he started to take cry as the scene had portrayed. Even though this wasn’t as easy as I wanted it to be, Zack makes a pretty good phantom.

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
Take her, forget me, forget all of this...
Leave me alone
Forget all you've seen...
Go now, don't let them find you!
Take the boat, swear to me, never to tell

The secret you know, of the Angel in hell

Go now! Go now, and leave me!

I untied Raoul (Cody Walker), and hugged him.
.  .  .
Zack’s P.O.V.
[PHANTOM] (Zack)
Masquerade
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face, so the world will never find you

[CHRISTINE appears beside him]

Christine, I love you...

[CHRISTINE removes his ring and places it in hand before leaving]

[CHRISTINE (in the distance, to RAOUL as the boat pulls away in the distance)]
Say you'll share with me
One love, one lifetime

[RAOUL] (Cody Walker)
Say the word and I will follow you

[CHRISTINE] (Me)
Share each day with me
Each night, each morning...

[PHANTOM] (Zack)
You alone can make my song take flight—
It's over now, the music of the night!

I knew this was pretty much over. Even though its just a plan, I see the way Chloe looks at Cody (Walker). She’s never looked at anyone like that before. I’m not going to let that stop me. If I don’t see any relationship going on between them, then I won’t give up on Chloe. I like her a lot and nothing will stand in my way.

. . .

Chloe’s P.O.V.

The cast of the play stood on stage together holding hands as the audience clapped for each of us. I was standing in between Cody (Walker) and Cody (Martin). Holding Cody (Martin’s) hand I feel no chemistry between us, just friends. I feel like my hand belongs in Cody (Walker’s) hand. I do like Zack still but we’ll deal with that if it comes down to it. There were what seemed like hundreds of people here tonight and I did so much better than I thought I would ever do.

.  .  .

Cody (Walker), Zack and I stood in the lobby together smiling and laughing and talking. Tonight was the best night of my life and what’s even better is Aaron got in on video.

    “Excuse me, are you Zack, Cody (Walker), and Chloe?” A man asked walking over to us.

    “Yes,” Cody (Walker) answered him.

     “How can we help you?” I asked him.

    “One I want to say that this performance was the best Phantom of the opera musical I’ve ever since, you and Zack come in second best as the phantom and Christine since Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman, –“

I smiled appreciated that someone actually said that. That performance was the best in the world and we came second best.

     “Can we get to the point?” Zack asked the man rudely.

    “Zack!” I slightly snapped at him.

   “What, we’ve got a party to get to,” Zack said anxiously.

I didn’t sat anything I just rolled my eyes. I looked back at the man politely.

     “I’m Zander French, I’m the newest director for The Phantom of the Opera Broadway musical, we’ve made quite a few changes made the songs more like the movie,. . .”

As soon as he said Broadway my stomach did a flip upside down.

    “You three were the best Raoul, Christine and the Phantom I’ve seen in a long time and I’d love to have you guys in the musical. Here’s my business card, -“

He gave us each one of his business cards.

     “We'll be in London within six months, we'd love to see you guys there, I’ll wait on your answer,” Zander said to us happily.

He walked away from us. I stood there silently as I smiled. I just got approached by a real director for the new phantom of the opera Broadway musical and got offered the place of Christine Daaé. This is everything I’ve ever dreamed of. . .but do I really want it?

To be continued. . .

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

172 25 21
Life is difficult, teens are difficult, school is boring and annoying. Cameron Lancaster thinks this, he hasn't had the best Life, coming out at 14...
The Lucky Bump liv814 által

Ifjúsági irodalom

405K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...
41.7K 793 14
In which two heartbroken teenagers get together and make a plan to try and win back their exes. "Been wondering if your heart's still open ...
24.2K 490 14
"God, how have never realized how hot you are?" "Maybe because you've always had your head too far up your ass," I grumbled back, not really thin...