It Started With A Play. . .

Por loveswritingchlo

When a musical play is put on by Seven Seas High School Chloe's beyond excited to be a part of it. When her t... Mais

Characters
Authors Note
Rehearsal Starts Today
Good News Doesn't Happen Just Once
Memories Don't Just Happen In A Play. . .
A Day In London
Senior Ditch Day
Musical Inspiration

Assigning The Cast

11 0 0
Por loveswritingchlo

Chloe’s P.O.V.
     I paced back and forth in my cabin impatiently.

     “Sis, will you calm down, everything is going to be just fine,” my sister Destiny, who was sitting on her bed, said to me calmly.

     “I can’t calm down, the drama teacher is going to send us that email any second and I can’t wait any longer,” I said to impatiently.

Seven Seas High School, my bording school, which I do on a boat in the middle of the ocean, is doing a Phantom of the Opera play. Phantom of the Opera is my favorite play of all time. I have always dreamed of being in a Phantom of the Opera play. I’ve always wanted to play the part of Christine Daaé. Which is the part I tried out for. Even if this is the only chance I get to be in a musical then I will take it. I’m just hoping my drama teacher didn’t resort me down to Charlotta. I know I’m better than that. My phone notification went off. My phone was in my hand.

     “Destiny! It's here!” I said to my sister excidedly.

Destiny stood up and walked over to me.

     “Open it,” she said to me.

I unlocked my phone and opened up my email. I was so beyond nervous to read it.

     “Destiny, you read it,” I said to her.
Destiny was about to start reading it.

     “Wait never mind I’ll read it,” I said to her.

I took a deep breath and started to read the email. The drama teacher auditioned all the girls first. The guys they’re auditioning tomorrow.

     “Oh my gosh! Destiny, I got it! I’m playing Christine!” I said maybe a little to excidedly.

     “Yay!!!” Des cheered.

     “Who did I get? Did I get the part of Meg?” Destiny asked anxiously.

When Destiny found I was trying out for the part of Christine she was set on trying out for the part of Meg, Christine's best friend. I looked until I found Meg Giry.

      I smiled knowingly and said “Welcome to the opera house Meg Giry.”

Destiny smiled and she hugged me.

     “At least I don’t have to worry about anybody else playing your best friend,” Des said to me crossing her arms.

     “Yeah, but even if you hadn’t have gotten the part, you will still always be my number one best friend,” I said to her.

     “Awe sis!” Des said smiling.

I glanced over the characters list. I slightly laughed as I looked at it.

     “So guess who got the part of Charlotta?” I asked Destiny smiling.

     “Who?” She wondered.

     “Bailey, the best part is her understudy is London,” I laughed.

    “Let's hope Bailey doesn’t get sick,” Destiny said.

I smiled once more as I put my phone down. I sat down on my bed as Destiny sat back down on hers.

     “Are they using the 2004 movie or the broadway play?” Destiny asked curiously.

     “The movie, thank God, the movie version is so much better than the broadway musical, and plus Raoul is really cute in the movie,” I replied with a smile.

Destiny didn’t say anything she just smiled. My sister and are in our senior year this year,  she’s 18 and I’m 17. This musical will be the last thing school is ever doing,that I know of. Last year we did High School Musical and I got the part of Gabriella. Destiny got the part of Taylor. The Phantom of the Opera is the best musical around, especially the 2004 movie, and I have always wanted to do a high school play of it. Ever since I first saw the movie I have wanted to play Christine. I know it seemed like a distant dream, but I was young. However, that didn’t stop me. I took singing lessons and learned all I needed to know and now I my moment. There was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door. Cody Martin, one of my classmates and one of my crushes since I started this school, was standing there. I also like his twin brother Zack Martin. Destiny thinks Cody likes me to, but I don’t see it.

          “Hey Cody, what’s up?” I asked him.

         “I just wanted to know if you’ve gotten the email from Mrs. Webster yet?” Cody asked me curiously.

       “Yes I have, and I couldn’t be happier, because I’m playing Christine and my best friend\sister is playing Meg,” I said happily.

     “Cool! I was hoping you would get that part, –“

I looked back at Destiny with a confused look on my face. I looked back at Cody.

     “I’m trying put for the part of Raoul, that man fasinates me, –“

Lets hope he doesn’t get it, considering he’s one of my crushes and I would have to kiss him.

    All I could say was “Great, good luck.”
At that moment I thought about what part Zack would possibly be playing. I have to know.

     “Uh, so, do you know what part Zack is trying out for?” I asked curiously.

     “The Phantom, but you know Zack he likes mystery and winning girls hearts –“

    “Great thanks, bye,”

Before Cody could say anything else I shut the door on him. I walked over to my bed and flopped down.

     “Ughhhhh!!!!” I grunted as I flopped down.

     “Why does life have to do this to me? I wish there was another guy trying out for the part of Raoul,” I said to Destiny as I looked at my blanket on my bed.

    “Maybe God is trying to tell you something,” Destiny indicated.

Destiny walked over to my bed and sat next to me.

    “Like what?” I asked not really wanting to except it.

She was quiet for a second.

     “Maybe, that its time to tell one of them that you like them,” Des said to me.

I didn’t say anything to her. I sat up on my bed.

     “God could be telling you that its time to confess and is going to show you who your supposed to be with. – Are you really going to let your fear get in the way of God's will?” Destiny asked me sweetly.

I sighed as I looked at the floor.

     “No, I don’t want anything to get in the way of God’s will in my life,” I said to her.

     “Good and look on the bright side, your playing Christine Daaé, a part you’ve waited your whole life to get,” Destiny said to me with a smile.

I gave her a knowing smile.

     “Yeah,” I said to her calmly.

Destiny’s right, this could be God directing me to who he wants me to be with. Whatever God’s will is for my life that’s what I want. I don’t care what it is. I guess if Zack gets the part of the phantom and Cody gets the part of Raoul, I’ll just have ro see where it goes.

     “Now lets go down to the sky deck and get some smoothies, this phantom needs to be fed,” Destiny said to me smiling walking over to the door.

     “I am your Angel of Music. Come to the angel of music...
I am your Angel of Music. Come to the Angel of Music...” Destiny sang to me.

I laughed as I walked over to the door. I guess this won’t be so bad. Its going to be a heck of a lot of fun. Especially being my last year of school, its going to be a memory I will never let go of.

.  .  .
The next day.  .  .

Destiny and I were standing watching the guys auditioning. Zack had already auditioned for the part of the Phantom. I have to say he wasn’t actually that bad either. Doesn’t show much promise for me does it? They had already gone through the five guys who wanted to play Raoul. Yeah, only five guys wanted to try for the part of Raoul while the rest of them wanted to be the phantom. Cody was auditioning for the part of Raoul at this very moment. I started to get more nervous as I realize how good he actually was. Cody being the last guy trying out for the part of Raoul was not very promising for me either. He’s the best one they’ve had. Destiny bumped my arm and smiled at me. I nervously smiled at her.

    “It’ll be okay sis,” Destiny said to me confidently.

I didn’t say anything as I continued watching. I really do hate this right now. All I could do was ask God in my mind, “What are you doing Lord?” I know God is gently telling me to trust him.

     “Great job, Cody, you’ll get my email by the end of the night,” Mrs. Webster said to Cody. 

      “Thanks!” Cody said to her excitedly.
Cody walked off the stage and walked over to us.

     “Hey, guys thanks for coming to the auditions it really meant a lot to me, especially you Chloe,” Cody said to me.

     “You're welcome, I’m glad I could be here,” I said to him.

Even though I have no idea what is happening.

     “Are there any last minute auditions for the part of Raoul?” Mrs. Webster asked looking around. 

No one responded, I kept saying over and over in my head, please let someone else come forward so Cody doesn’t get it.

     “Any last minute auditions for Raoul De Chagny?” asked Mrs. Webster again.

Again no one said anything. Oh come on, please anyone. I would even take Woody, oh wait never mind no I wouldn’t.

     “Last chance, last minute auditions for Raoul De Chagny?” she asked.

‘Please, anyone else, please' I begged inside my head.

     “I'll do it,” a voice said walking in front of the table the drama teacher was sitting at.

I looked up and saw him. Cody Walker, the hottest guy in school, who doesn’t want any girl. The reason he doesn’t date is because his main focus is school. I don’t really talk to him. Mainly because he isn’t in any of my classes.  I heard we were getting a new drama student but I didn’t know it was him. Seriously, if he auditions for the part of Raoul and gets it I will owe him for life.

     “Cody Walker, I normally don’t let new students try out for plays but we only had five students try out for this part, so lets see what you’ve got,” Mrs. Webster said to him sitting down.

I begged and pleaded to God that Cody (Walker) would get this part. I will literally take anyone else. 

   “No more talk of darkness,
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here, nothing can harm you
my words will warm and calm you
Let me be your freedom,
let daylight dry your tears.
I'm here with you, beside you,
to guard you and to guide you...”

As he sang I could feel the nervousness I was feeling go away. My heart was pounding the sound of his voice. This guy even looks like Raoul. How is that even possible? Not to mention he’s singing one of my favorite songs from that movie since I first saw it.

      “Look at this guy, he’s so full of himself,” Cody (Martin) said frustrated.

He’s just worried that Cody (Walker) will get the part and not him. Which is what I’m hoping. Cody Martin can not play Raoul. I don’t want him to. However, I’m not exactly sure what’s happening to me right now because I just tuned everybody out except Cody (Walker). Is God changing everything now? I have learned not to question God and just let Him take control.

.  .  .
Later that night. . .

I couldn’t wait any longer I had to know what parts Zack, Cody (Martin) and Cody (Walker) were cast for. I walked over to Cody (Martin's) cabin. I knocked on his door. Cody opened the door.

     “Oh hey Chloe,” Cody (Martin) said to me.

     “Hey, just curious have you gotten your email from Mrs. Webster yet?” I asked him anxiously.

    “I’m about to open it now,” Cody said to me.

     “Well, do it,” I anxiously said walking into his cabin.

Zack was sitting at Cody’s desk. I stood near Cody and watched him open his email. Zack stood up and walked over to us. Cody started to read over the casting for the guys. I glanced over it with him.

     “Yes! I got the part of the Phantom,” Zack excitedly said.

My stomach was doing flips. Great! So Zack is playing one of the guys I have to kiss. I really hope Cody (Walker) got the part of Raoul.

     “What!? I got downgraded to Firmin one of the managers of the opera house, this is an outrage,” Cody protested.

I slightly sighed in relief.

     “But who’s playing Raoul?” I asked looking at the casting.

I took Cody’s phone to look at it:

     The Phantom (Erik): Zachary Martin
     Raoul De Chagny: Cody Walker
     Monsieur Richard Firmin: Cody Martin
      Monsieur Gilles Andrè: Woodford Fink

I felt so much relief as I gave Cody his phone back. ‘Thank you God!’

     “Well, I have some homework to do thanks guys!” I said to them being very relieved.

Before they could say anything else I walked out of the cabin. The relief I feel from this is beyond what I’ve ever felt in my entire life. At least I don’t have to worry about being so insanely nervous I screw everything up. I mean Zack is still playing the Phantom but I’m sure I’ll be okay. My dream starts next week. . .

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

208K 4.5K 59
"But did you think that relationship was real? Like it would last like us?" "Kinda," I told him honestly. "I did believe that, but all relationships...
5 0 1
Angelina Thompson Blake or Angela as she likes to be called moves from Phoenix to Forks being the new kid at her school Blakewood High Angela meets t...
173 25 21
Life is difficult, teens are difficult, school is boring and annoying. Cameron Lancaster thinks this, he hasn't had the best Life, coming out at 14...
20.2K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...