Love After Marriage

By missk11_

The insecure on relationships, American-Indian woman, gets to be the CEO's secretary on temporary but she had... More

Prologue - First Job Interview.
Chapter 1 - Overqualified But Hired.
Chapter 2 - Replacing The Secretary.
Chapter 3 - Mesmerizing Eyes.
Chapter 4 - Handsomeness.
Chapter 5 - Becoming Friends.
Chapter 6 - Urge To Kiss.
Chapter 7 - The Feelings In Need.
Chapter 8 - In Between Confusion And Revelation.
Chapter 9 - Rejection And Tears.
Chapter 10 - The Passionate Kiss.
Chapter 11 - Insecurities.
Chapter 12 - Proposing Her.
Chapter 13 - An Agreement.
Chapter 14 - His Killer Beauty.
Chapter 15 - New Beginning.
Chapter 16 - Wedding Day 1.
Chapter 17 - Wedding Day 2.
Chapter 18 - Free Bird To Love Bird
Chapter 19 - Always Mine.
Chapter 20 - One In Millions.
Chapter 21 - Missing Him.
Chapter 22 - A Mere Mistake.
Chapter 23 - Look Of Distant.
Chapter 24 - The Family Trip.
Chapter 25 - Meeting An Old Friend.
Chapter 27 - Falling In Love.
Chapter 28 - The Little Minx.
Chapter 29 - Winning The Husband.
Chapter 30 - Bitter Truth.
Chapter 31 - Letting Him Go.
Chapter 32 - His Love Confession.
Chapter 33 - A Chance For Love.
Chapter 34 - The Comprehension.
Chapter 35 - Fear Of Losing Her.
Chapter 36 - Beliefs In Love.
Chapter 37 - Two Hearts Unity.
Chapter 38 - Taking Her Home.
Chapter 39 - Meant To Be.
Epilogue - The Little Family.
Bonus Chapter - Sweet Kisses.

Chapter 26 - Stealing The Heart.

7.5K 304 7
By missk11_

Nathan Lawrence

When I was halfway deep into slumber, I got awaken by a hand poking my back and I turned around to face my wife who's curled like a baby.

The comforter was blown off from her as she slept tightly and she was shaking a little as the cold breeze hit us directly through the window. I got up right away to cover her back with the comforter and she tucked it closer.

She was facing me and I didn't want to lost this opportunity so I stared her while laying sideways as my hand supported my head.

That was the same woman who triggered the emotions and feelings in me. She made me to get over all my sleepiness so that I could stare that beauty all night.

I did the exact but then suddenly, I felt her body scooting incredibly closer towards mine and as if she had spotted the perfect place, her hand swinged to rest upon my chest. Her head coming up to the crock of my neck and I was staying unmoved alike a statue.

Urmm, what should I do? My mind questioned as she snuggled closer to my embrace and this feels like heaven.

The next minute, I had nothing in my brain expect to the fact that to use this opportunity and I was overwhelmed by happiness as she slides into my arms completely. I kept her nearer to my chest and our legs were slowly tangled up onto each other.

I looked down at my sleeping beauty with a goofy smile and kissed her forehead before taking in every details that I might miss on her since our first night sharing a bed together.

Now, that was the first step of spaces reducement in between us and serves her for even putting it up because I'm simply enjoying every second of this.

*****

I went to check out about our breakfast schedule and I was back, my mother told me that Ishita had went away to find for me.

I panicked and particularly ran to every places that she might be. Finally, I had found her near some food stalls and she was in conversation with this guy. When I walked closer to them, I heard him saying, "Of course, I do remember. It's hard for me to forget you...I mean, about you. "

He didn't sounds like a good news to me so I reacted upon my will. I know that my wife's a goddess and she's magnetic to almost every men here but all of this fellows should really know that this woman is only mine.

My arm went around her waist as I pulled her behind to my body, snuggling onto her hair while exhaling her fragrance and that man's reaction went priceless.

Oh, right, she's mine. I wanted to pump my hand on the air for the victory move I made but I restrained and acted as the coolest husband I'm.

My wife introduced him to me and I used to gentleman way to shake his hands, yet he was still in shock. He finally did shook mine and I gradually excused ourselves from him. Consciously, my hand interlaced with hers and we walked away like that.

Though, I was in surprise myself at the fact that my wife's playing it along very coolly as she never minded at all.

*****

"I will be here with her, mom. So no worries on that. " I said and I quickly added in right before my wife could protest.

"Well, it's not that I'm not joining the sea because I wanted to be here by her side. It's just...I don't feel like swimming today, you know. " I let out, entirely lying because I love going into this sea but I love my wife more than anything so I decided to stay with her.

With no othe obligations, she only glared me and I avoided her reaction. "Yes and we had already believed you, mams. " Kavin teased and I was swallowed by this sudden ill at ease as I rubbed the swell of my neck awkwardly.

Then, they left us alone as they joined the sea and I sat beside hers on the picnic blanket they laid out just now.

"Beautiful scenery, isn't it? " she says softly as she pulled her knees to her chest.

"Yes. " I was meaning her when I said yes and she was oblivious that my eyes were fixed on hers the whole time.

In a matter of second, she gazed up at me and I never averted my eyes away. She looked away immediately while blushing pink and I was smiling like anything.

"Stop staring me like that, Nathan. " she said while trying to sound serious but it was rather coy than what she expected.

"Why are we doing this again? " she questioned, her eyes bowing down sadly.

Oh my, I know where's this heading too.

"Ishita, you don't have to overthink anything. I...I just couldn't help myself around you and you don't have to remind me about the agreement all the time. " I said out in frustration over the idea of divorcing her one day and she just had to remind me that all the time, isn't she?

Is she's that desperate to divorce me? My heart only ached for this thought.

"No, I don't mean to remind you that but...yes, maybe I'm. I-I just want you to know that we can be...urmm, good friends no matter what. " she said and I smiled sadly while forcefully nodding my head to assure her.

Being a good friend and with the love of my life, that's hell for me.

"She's going to be lucky. " Ishita mumbled and I looked at her in confusion.

"Who? " I asked right away.

She shrugged cutely before answering with a farway look, "The one who's probably going to steal your heart. I thought that your this typical Wattpad billionaire who's usually cold and ruthless....but your a nice man for a billionaire. "

"Wattpad? " I questioned, unknown of what that really is.

"It's an online reading application. I used to spend all my teenage years in it. " she said and I nodded.

My mind was hazy after she said about some women stealing my heart and me being a nice man for a CEO, yet I was provoked to ask this to her, "Aren't you planning to steal my heart? I'm a nice billionaire, you know. " I asked, more like teasing her but her face went pink as if she's really planning onto it.

"What? " It was a mere whisper from her as she went slightly pale now.

"Nothing. " I tried to convert the topic, unliking the reactions she's giving me.

"No, you just...asked me whether I'm planning to steal your heart? Why do you think that way? " she asked with a frown.

"Hey, I was just randomly teasing you. There's nothing serious about i- " I was saying but she quickly cut me in.

"No, Nathan. Tell me why you said that? " she insisted, seriousness flaring from her eyes and I looked away, sighing.

"If you think that I'm planning to steal your heart for this luxuries life, then your wrong. I'm not a gold digger. " she huffed, standing up abruptly as she walks away.

What the hell just happened?

"Ishita, wait. What are yo- Ishita? " I called our her name as I chased behind her. Taking a quick glimpse at our families who's very much far away from us, I finally caught her hand and made her stop in her track.

She looked furious. Very furious as her beautiful face illuminates in redness not because of blushing but utter anger.

She started to walk away again and this time I pulled her body closer to mine, caging her in between my arms.

"Let me go. I'm not a gold digg- " That's it, I never let her finish her words as I pressed my lips onto hers.

She struggled to free herself from me but I had this tight hold around her and she slowly submitted when I started munching on her soft buds which make me alive everytime when I had them on mine. I pulled away slowly after nibbling on he lower lip and after releasing it with a 'pop', I was staring at her as she is opening her eyes.

Her hands rested on my chest and there's no effort of pushing me away founded from her.

I knew that she loves our kisses. I thought to myself as I leaned my forehead towards hers and our eyes went close.

"Please, stop blaming yourself like that when I never even meant it that way. I asked you because....if there's this person who's allowed to steal my heart, it will be only you. I want it to be you. " I confessed and she pulled away rapidly, eyes surprisingly seeing me as she blinks with unshed tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 10.7K 81
He was an arrogant, cold, ruthless, dominant, self-centered bussinessman, more precisely the one and only ceo of Singhania Industries. Ranking among...
8.3M 520K 61
𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒆 •...
716K 25.7K 33
Kiara Malhotra is sunshine personified. Ever smiling, bubbly and tenderly beautiful, she's more than a pretty face. She's a talented baker from Delhi...