Who Am I (DISCONTINUED)

By georgie-oso

There's many things you don't know about Rudsel Ackerson, and there's many things she doesn't know about hers... More

Who Am I (Introduction)
Who Am I Chapter 1
Who Am I Chapter 2
Who Am I Chapter 3
Who Am I Chapter 4
Who Am I Chapter 5
Who Am I Chapter 6
Who Am I Chapter 7
Who Am I Chapter 8
Who Am I Chapter 10

Who Am I Chapter 9

305 5 6
By georgie-oso

Who Am I

Chapter 9

Rudsel POV

I was walking in the dark headed any direction that didn't lead to home or Geo's. I was so lost in thought that it took me a while to hear the voice calling after me.

"Rudsel!" I turned around to see... Anya? What was she doing here? I bet she was stalking me... again.

I turned back around and started walking again. "What do you want Anya?"

I heard her footstep come closer as she ran towards me. The cool wind pinching my cheeks, the trees shivering in response. I shivered also, still wet from the drinks that were poured on me. "Rudsel, I saw what happened. That was horrible, and the way-"

I abruptly turned to face her. "Is that why you followed me here? To rub it in my face that I was just embarrassed in front of a whole bunch of people? Huh? Cause if that's the reason then you might as well walk away now, and tell your buddy Chet to stay away from me!"

"Rudsel that was hardly twelve people. And what? Chet? Who's Chet?"

I rolled my eyes annoyed. "Nice one Anya. He's that dude that you have following me around to ruin my life."

She started mumbling to herself, lost in thought. "This Chet guy, does he have a last name?"

"Yes Anya, everyone has a last name."

She rolled her eyes. "Ruth, if your going to keep having an attitude towards me then I won't even care and let this random guy keep stalking you. Now what's his last name?"

I rolled my eyes back, but replied nonetheless. "At first he said Michaels, then he said that he had lied and that it was Worthington."

She cussed, which was shocking, because she never cussed unnecessarily. "Rudsel, since you have this guy stalking you, and you know that I'm not really dead I need to explain something to you. It's a long complicated story, but you have to know it. And there is a couple-"

Suddenly a bright light was exposed on the dark street. It was speeding down the road towards us. Anya took my hand and started pulling me away, but I couldn't go for some reason I had a feeling that I knew who was in the car.

As it came to a slow stop before us the drivers window rolled down. It was the face the I had seen before. "Rudsel, is everything okay?" he glanced in Anya's direction. She was glaring at him.

"Yeah, everything's fine. You can just go, now." I looked away from his face.

"Rudsel, you're wet, and it's getting pretty cold out there come on I'll bring you home." He said almost begging.

"I don't want to go home."

"Then we'll go somewhere else, please. We need to talk."

"No Asher! How come when I wanted to speak to you earlier, you walked away from me? How come when I was trying to explain you didn't want to listen? Look I'm really not in the mood. So here's what I'm going to do. Me and my dead ex best friend are going to walk away, and I'll speak to you when I feel like it."

"Ex best friend!" Anya exclaimed from beside me.

"When you feel like it!" Asher exclaimed from the car. "Rudsel, I've known you for about two days and I already know that, that means you may not ever talk to me again."

"Yeah, and Ex best friend?! Since when? I've always been you number one best friend."

"Well too bad. Brady's my new best friend."

"BRADY!" Anya and Asher exclaimed.

"YES!" I heard someone say from the passenger seat. I bent down a little to see inside the car. There sat a grinning Brady.

"Hey, Brady."

"Hey, best friend."

Both Asher and Anya groaned. "Out of all people..."

"You pick Brady?" Asher finished.

"Hey, I feel offended."

"Yeah, now apologize!" I scolded.

"No!" They both basically yelled.

"Then fine. I'm leaving." I stormed away ignoring the voices calling after me.

"See what you did!" I heard Anya yell.

"What I did?! This is all your fault!"

"Well if you had just apologized..." That was all I heard before it turned into mumbling.

"Man they can get annoying." I jumped a little. I looked to the right of me to see Brady, walking beside me. "I bet you they'll be there all night." He wiggled his eyebrow. Just like Asher, but I had to admit Asher looked way better doing it.

I laughed. "Whatever. I'm no longer taking part of any bet you or you brother put together. They're basically a rip off."

"I don't think so." Brady replied as he caught my hand. He held my hand lightly. His hands weren't soft and they weren't hard either, they were just right. "So what do you want to do since you don't want to go home."

I looked up at him to see him looking down at me. I smiled a smile he returned. "I actually don't know where I want to go." I admitted sheepishly.

"That's fine." We walked a little more in silence. Our hands were twined together, swinging at our sides. Before in knew it we were stood in the park. This park was nice and it was the most popular in the winter for ice skating. Yes, people around here still ice skate outside. There's actually no pond or lake to ice skate on. It's really just a big chunk of ice placed on the twelve inch deep underground placing. There was no ice on it now, but there was just a clear brick of... glass? I'm guessing place in the space. There was a white light, glowing off of it.

"I love this place." I said softly. It was almost like you couldn't speak loudly, or else it would ruin the atmosphere.

"Me too. Come on." He said just as quietly as he pulled me toward the glowing center. He let go of my hand as he sat down. He pat the space beside him for me to sit. I sat down close to him, because it was getting colder by the second, and for some reason Brady was just really warm.

We stayed like that, in silence for the longest time. Not any of us breaking the calming silence, of course until...

"Who's that guy?" Brady asked absentmindedly. He took my hand in his again, and started playing with my fingers on his lap.

"What guy?" I sighed. I knew who he was talking about, I just didn't feel like talking about it. He turned to look at me disproving. "I honestly don't know him."

"He said he's your boyfriend." He stated.

"Yeah, but he's not. I've never even had a boyfriend ever in my life."

"Wow! Your joking right?" Brady looked at me surprise, not believing one word that came out my mouth.

"I'm serious."

"Really? I mean your beautiful! Why wouldn't any guy want you?"

"Because I'm not beautiful." I stated tonelessly.

His face softened. "Rudsel, you are beautiful. Don't ever say that! Are not hot, or cute, or pretty. You're a funny, nice, innocent looking, beautiful girl." He grabbed my face in his hands. "Don't let anyone tell you different."

I ignored everything he said except for one. "Innocent looking?" I tried to raise an eyebrow, but failed miserably. He chuckled a little, obviously finding my eyebrow struggling funny. "I am innocent." I said ignoring his making fun of me.

"Is that why you got suspended for three days?"

"Hey, don't even us that card with me! You got suspended too!"

"Yeah, and that was your fault!"

"Your brother forced me!"

"Yeah, that's what they all say." He paused to think after saying that. "Wait no. He usually doesn't force them. They willingly want it." He said more to himself.

I was confused. "Who's "they"? And what do "they" usually want"

He looked at me, my face still in his hands. "Oops I think I said too much."

"Yeah?" I said sarcastically. "You might as well finish."

"I don't think that, that's a very good idea..."

"And why is that?"

"Because you won't really enjoy the answer." I pushed him frustrated, and stood up causing him to release the grip on my face.

"Goodnight Brady!" I called dismissingly. I was now going up the couple of steps that led down to the skating rink. I was mad with myself. Why did I care anyways? I'm acting like a stupid obsessed little girl. It's just Asher. A guy that I met two days ago.

Stupid. Stupid! STUPID!!!

"The girls." I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned to see Brady there looking at me guiltily. " "They" are the girls. Asher's never been in a relationship. Ever. He doesn't like being with one girl."

My breathing hitched. "Okay." I replied, before turning around and heading the direction of home. But I was stopped again.

"But it's different with you. I know it."

"How," I turned around to face him, "how do you know that it's any different with me?"

He looked down. "I don't."

I nodded. "Goodnight Brady."

"Wait! Rudsel, let me at least walk you home."

I just stared at him. Him and Asher don't even look alike. I don't even know what attracted- wait no I'm not attracted to Asher. I just don't know what made me so fascinated with Asher, when Brady was obviously the better looking 'twin.' They don't even look like twins. I mean seriously? The guy look completely different! Brady has sexy 'skater dude' hair. And the way his eyebrow are naturally in an angle that made them raised. His smile just made you stop thinking about everything that you were thinking about before you looked at him. And the way he spoke. He didn't act like regular hormonal teen guys. He said that I was beautiful, no hot, or cute, or pretty...

I sighed. "Fine, but don't start stalking me."

He walked up to me and grabbed my hand. "Please. You would be the one stalking me." he chuckled.

I slapped him playfully on the arm. But blushed nonetheless...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.5K 30
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
37.8K 1.6K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 πŸ†
16.7M 645K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
159K 5.8K 61
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...