LISA | Van McCann - COMPLETED

By browneyedhippie

News travels fast in Llandudno And Catching feelings is never that easy.. Inspired by Ayatollah, Bite Down Sa... More

Lisa
Van
Billy
Studio
Broken Army
Van & Lisa
Carousel
Bite Down Salvador
Tortuga
Sea Found (part 1)
Alton Towers
Sea Found (part 2)
Paraffin
Paraffin (part 2)
Poetry and Fuel
Tyrants
Johnny Bond
Issy / Harlot
Collide / Sidewinder
Masochist
A Chase Isn't A Chase If You're Not Running
Bodies
God Save Her Soul
Ayatollah
ASA

Abby

278 4 0
By browneyedhippie

It had been a well over two months since I had last seen Van and his band. It was the last night I spent with them before I went back to my shitty college. They said they had dropped out to focus on their used but wouldn't they have to finish their education? Van doesn't really make any sense to me. From what I gathered, Van is the charming one, kind of wants all the control and if he doesn't get it, he throws a hissy fit. Larry, he's Van's best mate, the one who lent me shoes and is an all around genuine guy who rolls Van's cigarettes and tunes his guitars or whatever. Benji is the bass player, he's ok to get along with, you can actually have a laugh, but when Billy's present, they're always together. Bob, he's the shy, sensible one, that's what I gathered anyway, he's one hell of a drummer! Then there's Billy. He's the moody one. I know I said Van's moody, but like Van said, if there's no Billy, there's no them, and if there's no them, there's no band. That's kind of unfair though. I wouldn't want a band to work like that, but who am I to judge? They're the ones who helped me cure my hangover and stop me from getting a yelling from my parents, thank god.

My parents didn't really suspect a thing. My dad was already out working when I got back to the house. My mum on the other hand wanted to know everything, every single detail. Obviously, I told her complete bullshit. There was no way that I was mentioning that I got ratfaced and that a bunch of strangers took me and helped me sober up. Nooo way!

"Lisa!" I heard my mum shout me from downstairs, multiple times.

"Yeah!" I called back down, from my room. Like parents do, they either chose to ignore you or are just completely deaf and can't hear a single thing you're saying.

"Lisa!" My mum called again. Instead of her screaming at me even more, I just got from my bed and went to the landing and looked over the railing. "Are you sure that you don't want to come? You're going to have the house to yourself?"

"Yes mum, I know." I smiled. "I'll be fine! You an' Dad go enjoy your romantic get away!" I seriously hoped that she would stop asking me to join them when all they would be doing is sitting in a hot tub making out anyway.

"We'll be back in two weeks! We love you! Love you! Bye sweetie!" My Dad literally had to peel my mum from the door because she really didn't want to leave me. "There's money on the side!" She called one last time before the door closed and I waved them off from my bedroom window.

Thank fuck for that. I sat on my bed, listening to the complete silence in my house. I had no siblings, not that many mates, just the odd people here and there. I mostly kept myself to myself - however that night I got drunk was very spontaneous of me. I have to be in the mood to drink now. My body just repels alcohol, even the smell.

I heard a knock at my door. I lifted myself to look outside my window to see Van? What was he doing here? I haven't seen him in months. I quickly made sure I looked presentable, since I don't think an oversized top and underwear would be reasonable - some black skinnies and a band t-shirt that Van had given me before I left. It was a white t-shirt with all of their faces on, their merch. It was what was laying around my bedroom.

I made my way down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey." He wore a leather jacket and had a haircut?

"Hi?"

"Do you wanna come for a walk?"

"I-uh.." What?

"I'll explain everything."

"Ok." I sighed and grabbed my jacket from the coat hook and slid on my shoes before making my way out of the door, ensuring I had my keys so I could let myself back in. Let's see what his excuse is.

We exited my driveway and began walking down the street. His hands were firmly in his jacket pockets, as so were mine. It was awkward, I'll give him that.

"You got a haircut." I brought up, starting the conversation, since I hadn't seen him for over two months, he's bound to look different.

"Ha! Yeah. Had to say bye to my long hair." He scoffed, lightly knocking his elbow to me. "What about you? You look different."

"Different?" I asked, looking down to my feet and back up again. "Hm, nothings changed?"

"No, I mean yourself. You're not drunk or hungover." He smiled, his eyes meeting mine.

"Not anymore. Definitely not after that night! I'm now fully sober." I slightly smiled back as he lightly nudged my arm with his elbow.

"So no throwing up on these shoes then?" He let out a small laugh, his hands falling from his pockets, lifting up a cigarette. "Want one?"

"I don't smoke, sorry." I declined.

"You sure?" He offered again,

"I'm pretty sure. So uh, where've you been then?"

"Just about." He shrugged, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Just about?" I repeated, a inquisitively.

"Well, I uh, had some problems." He mumbled.

"Problems?" Come on Van, just spit it out.

"With a girl." He admitted.

"A girl? Fucking hell." I gasped. I didn't really know how to take his reply. It was weird of me to even think that he would stay in contact with me if he had a girl. It's making a bit of sense, I mean, I couldn't have expected him to stay in contact with me, he only knew me for two days. I guess that's boys for you.

"Yeah..a girl? Why?" He sounded a little sarcastic but serious, I didn't know if I should joke around or actually be serious with him.

"Uh, nothing. Great for you. Glad you found yourself someone." I smiled, nudging him with my arm.

"Yeah?" I saw a cheeky pleasant smile come from his lips. He really must love this girl.

"Yeah." Then I thought, he mentioned problems with her. I know it's not my place to say but he did say he was mentioning everything. "What about them problems then?"

"Oh. Well, I think she might be seeing other guys, I don't know. I haven't figured anything out. I don't think she is." He lifted his shoulders up to shrug before a pair of hands went around his eyes. I turned and took a step back to give, I'm guessing in girlfriend and him some space.

Van took her hands from his eyes and smiled before she pecked him on the lips.  I saw her eyes glare at me as if she was jealous.

"Is this that fan you was telling me about?" She asked Van, making his head turn towards me and I could see it in eyes, he wasn't going to lie.

"Uh, no. This is Lisa, a friend. Lisa, this is Abby." Van introduced me. I gave a shy wave, keeping it close to my body and she vaguely smiled, looking me in the eyes.

"Oh! Hi!" She greeted me sounded so sarcastic I felt a like I was third-wheeling. She turned back to Van with a beady smile, "you're still meeting me right?"

"Remind me again?" Van said, he didn't seem intimidated by her or anything, just bored?

"Down at the docks, that pub on your right. Meet me there at seven." She held the smile until he nodded, acting as if he remembered when she was saying it, before she let out a giggle and kissed him on the lips again.

"I'm bringing Larry, is that alright? The others might join later." He asked. I could see why. I bet you she drove him crazy. I don't know how long they've been dating, but considering Van mentioned he had problems, I can see that now.

"Oh, ok. I just wanted it to be me and you." She pouted, keeping her voice quiet, her hand running through Van's hair with her stick on acrylic nails.

"They won't be staying that long." He convinced her over with a smile before she happily agreed and decided it was ok for them to join, before attempting to make out with him on the spot for a 'goodbye kiss'.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked Van once she had gone out of sight. He just kind of stood there not knowing what to do with himself. He let out a huge sigh.

"That's Abby for you. Do you wanna come back to my place?" He asked with no hesitation.

"Uh-" I tried my best to politely decline his offer. I didn't even know where he lived for a start.

"Actually, I think my parents in, what about your place?"

"My parents are out for a few weeks?" I should might as well ask him.

"Ok, great. Do you mind if the boys come round at like six to do pre-drinks? My parents are back from the B&B, tired as fuck." He asked, as we turned around to walk back towards my house.

"Sure, just as long as you don't break anything." I didn't really see a problem with it, he seemed sensible enough. He smiled cheekily and placed his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into a side hug walking back down the street.

"Thank you."

Surely that couldn't have been everything? Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 115 10
"Wake up." After Van finding that his one true love has been seriously injured and left unstable, will he ever forgive himself?
14.2K 447 23
/i wanna make you my business/ Jess finds herself in a small seaside town. There she meets Van. Maybe he can teach her what real love feels like.
13.2K 395 15
"It's nice out here, isn't it?" "It is."