My Love, My mistake (Knight f...

Da sarahs29

Sequel to Billionnaire's Ex Wife!! "I'm closer than you think. 25 years. You took 25 years of my life and lo... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 (part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Marco and Elena's book

Chapter 58

63.9K 3.3K 490
Da sarahs29

Sorry for the delay guys! Here it is.

And my book has been taken taken from Amazon. So thanks to you all. You guys are amaaazziinnggg!!! 😭❤️

Btw, do you know any good Netflix show? Looking for something new to watch.

¥¥¥¥¥

** Victoria's POV **

"So, what? She just told you to open your eyes to what?" Jason asked as I finished explaining what my mother said yesterday.

"I don't know?" I shrugged. "She said the demon has them. Maybe she's confusing the past with the present again." I said not trying to hide the frustration in my voice.

"Maybe." He mumbled.

"But I thought she was doing better. I mean, she is doing better. But I want her to move on, but she keeps holding onto him."

"Maybe the best for her isn't to let go." He said with a shrug. "She obviously loves him and the idea of letting go may not be the best for her." He finished and I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Just leave her and her demon alone, demon's child."

I let out a small laugh. "You're really making jokes about this situation."

"You're the one making a big deal out of it. The idea of your father isn't hurting her. So, leave her with her memories of him." He smiled grabbing my hand before pulling to stand between his legs.

"I just want her to be okay. But I'll try." I mumbled and he moved his arms around my waist.

"It's nice to know that if I died, you would erase all memories of me." He said and I snorted at him.

"Yes. I would erase everything and meet a knight in shining armor that would come into my life and help me fight the pain of losing my first love." I said dramatically before looking at him through my lashes.

"Watch me come back to haunt your ass."

I chuckled placing my head on his shoulder. "You're an idiot."

But he may be right. Maybe holding onto my father's memory is comforting her, and maybe letting go isn't the best thing for her. Well that's what my mind says now.

But there's another feeling, I don't know why that explanation isn't enough for me. The way she speaks has always been too clear, and the constant use of the present, and her talking about him not being far.

And maybe a part of me is also hoping that everything she says isn't just in her head, but my mom has always been a very wise woman. Even with her illness, most of the things she said were in codes and riddles, but they always meant something.

Always.

"Stop overthinking, woman." Jason said pinching my sides making me jump a little and I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Let me overthink in peace." I sighed and quickly turned accidently hitting my leg on his desk, making me let out a small wince.

"Are you okay?" He asked grabbing my arm and I nodded.

"Yeah." I smiled and he shook his head a little.

"See? This exactly what your mother was talking about. Don't fucking look without seeing. Open your damn eyes."

I couldn't help but laugh at it. "She didn't say it like that."

"She wanted to."

"Whatever. You should go or you're going to be late for your meeting with your father." I said and started walking around his desk but he wrapped his arm around me pulling me back.

"That can wait." He mumbled and I turned back to face him.

"But my work can't." I smiled as he buried his face into my neck. "Jason, I keep reminding that we're at work."

"And I keep reminding you that I don't care." He placed his lips on my neck making me bite my lip. "Fuck. You smell good."

"Stop." I let out small whine pulling his face away from my neck. "I want to finish my work fast so I can go home to my mother."

He huffed in frustration before kissing my lips. "How are the cameras working?"

"Perfect." I smiled in satisfaction. "I feel like a stalker. And I love it." I said he let out a small laugh.

Nothing really happened, other than the nurse taking care of my mother. And that was the main reason I put the cameras there. But she has been perfect so far, so it's kind of a relief.

"I knew you'd like it."

"Well I'll see you later." I said kissing him again and moving away from him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I left his office while going back to my thoughts like I've been doing since last night.

I spent my time since yesterday thinking about what she told me over and over again and the only thing that came to mind was that maybe my father was alive, and that almost made me want to punch myself.

I just wish I knew what was making it so hard for her to let go of him.

"The demon wouldn't hurt me."

She said that. That's just another confirmation that Kevin lied about my father abusing her.

"Don't look without seeing."

"He is not far. He is really close."

What if she really meant what she was saying? Then how is all that supposed to make sense to me.

It's only when I was in front of the elevator that all my ideas cleared up and only one person came to mind.

Steve.

** Third Person **

"Steve Mendes." Was the first thing Jason said when he walked into his father's office. "The man is not dead, and you knew it."

"I should have known that you would dig information about him." Hunter sighed shaking his head. "And I taught you everything you know."

"How is he not dead?" Jason asked again not even bothering to hide his anger. "Rose kept saying those things and Victoria keeps overthinking. So, everything Rose said made sense."

"Things happened and he has been away, but he is not dead." Hunter simply said. "But Victoria must not find out."

"Why the hell not?" He snapped. "She deserves to know. She keeps asking these questions and thinking about her mother over and over again. So why would he want to hide it?"

"He doesn't want Victoria to know."

Jason let out a dry laugh. "Well tell your friend that it's not about what he wants. Rose is not going to let him go and Vicky won't be okay as long as her mother keeps talking about him."

"Just don't tell her anything." Hunter said leaning in. "Let Steve decide if he wants to tell her or not."

"She's smart. She's going to find out. And if she does, she's going to bite my head off. I already hid things from her, and she didn't like it."

Hunter just chuckled looking at his son. "And here I was thinking that you weren't scared of anybody but your mom. But Victoria's a spitfire, I see."

"I'm glad you find my situation amusing." Jason mumbled. "Again, she will find out. She always overthinks what her mother tells her and she's smart. She'll figure it out."

"Steve doesn't want her to know, yet."

"But Rose knows, right?"

"Rose is confused by what she sees sometimes and everything is not always clear, but she knows. He used to go see her at the hospital." Hunter explained which only angered Jason even more.

"How long has this man been around?" He asked.

Hunter shrugged. "Long enough. Why do you think she would always talk about the demon not being far?"

Jason just looked at his father, wondering how he could expect him not to tell Victoria anything. If he knew him at all, he would know that this was not something he would keep from her.

"She's trying to tell Victoria, anyways. So, someone has to tell her." He said looking at his father. "Tell that man to find a way to tell her."

"Calm down. I'll talk to him." Hunter then said, obviously sensing his son's frustration.

It wasn't their place to tell her anything, but he knew that Jason was right and the truth would come out one way or another. It's just a matter of time.

Steve had a good reason for not telling Victoria yet, and who knew what the consequences would be if he wasn't the one to tell her truth.

"Jason." Hunter sighed when his son didn't say anything, but it was no use.

"I told her I wouldn't lie to her again. And I can't keep looking at her and hide this every time she talks about her mother's memories. He has a week to tell her, or I'm telling her." He said angrily before walking out of his father's office.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.5M 42.1K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...
3K 259 45
**Unedited** "She can't come to the phone right now. I'll be happy to take a message for you." My blood runs cold. "Where is she? What have you done...
55.2K 2.3K 38
Torn apart like a shrewd cloth was my heart. Left alone with accusations tearing me apart. "Never do us apart" was our vows and All it took was a...
729 40 8
"The man you were, the one I married, would have kicked your ass all over this god-damn room for talking to me like that. But then maybe you were ne...