My Sister My Enemy

By RahmatuMUKHTAR

"What...? What do you mean by your sister is your biggest enemy?" Raudah exclaimed. "Yes! You heard me right... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
The Epilogue
The End

Chapter Seventeen

155 17 0
By RahmatuMUKHTAR

Hey guys how are you all doing? I hope all is good huh? So please there are new changes in chapter sixteen, i have included Zarah's wedding in it which i forgot to add earlier on but you can now go back and read the full chapter please... Thank you and i love you all

Nine months ago....

She was hurrying into the supermarket as she didn't have much time to waste when her mother was waiting for her. She went straight to the grocery section picking up a basket to fetch what she wants. She accidently bumped into someone who was walking backwards and she didn't see him coming because she was looking at the freezers holding frozen fish and all types of meat.

"Inna lillahi... what the hell Mr...!!! Can't you see? Where are your eyes?? Oh of course you don't have eyes at your back but you decided to walk backward in a store not minding bumping into someone." Maryam yelled at the stranger who is now sitting comfortably on the ground staring at her. Maryam stood up and started picking back her items into her shopping basket again and then she noticed him staring at her.

"Are you dumb or what? At least help me pick my things if you can't say a word, such a gentleman you are." She said sarcastically and that was when he realised how stupid he was, he quickly stood up dusting his clothes while saying sorry to her and helping her pick her groceries from the floor. They picked everything up and he handed her the basket. She stared at him with anger before collecting her basket and she immediately turned to her heels. He followed her talking to her but she ignored him until when she reaches the counter. She turn around to face him giving him killer daggers look.

"What is it again?" She asked with a serious face.

"Please ma'am i said i am sorry i didn't mean to bump or hurt you."

"It's okay never mind, just be more careful next time please." He smiled feeling relieved that she has forgiven him. He insisted on paying her bills but she refused and he has no option than to give up. He watched her left in a hurry and his eyes followed her untill she was out of his view. He asked the person at the counter Mubarak if he knows her.

"Do you know this girl that just left?"

"No sir i personally don't know her but she used to come here sometimes to get some groceries and sometimes cosmetics." He nodded in understanding.

"Is there any problem sir?"

"No there is no problem i was just asking you know but she is really different."

"Yes i saw how she treated you but maybe it's because she didn't know you are the boss here."

"No i don't think so i mean even if she knows she would have still done the same thing because i clearly pissed her off but i will make it up to her some other time. Listen if she comes here again just let me know, okay?"

"Okay i will sir." Alh. Abdulrahman smiled at him before leaving. He went back home with his mind full of Maryam's thoughts. How can someone be so beautiful and courageous. He has met many girls before and some are still after him but he hasn't still found the right person but this girl he met today has captured his mind, body and soul. He just prays to meet her again soonest and he will approach her in a proper way and confess his feelings for her.

Maryam went back home and she met her mother worried.

"What took you so long Maryam? I was getting worried here." Her mother said in a tensed voice while Maryam dropped the plastics she was carrying and she sat besides her mother resting her head on her shoulder.

"Sorry Mama i got stucked in the traffic you know how Fridays are here and i didn't get somethings in the market i have to go to a supermarket that was why it took me so much time but don't worry i have gotten everything you need." Her mother smiled rubbing her face.

"Well Alhamdulillah, just take everything to the kitchen and go get some rest, okay?"

"Okay Mama." She took everything she bought to the kitchen and went straight to her room to take a rest like her mother suggested. She took a quick shower and then changed into something light. Maryam went to fetch some food in the kitchen when she met her mother and Anty in the kitchen.

"Wow... Hajiya where did you get this spice? Its really good wallahi, it makes your food taste and smells nice , i have once used it." Haj. Binta smiled at her partner.

"Maryam got it in the market today." Maryam admired her mother and her partner because of how they live in peace, respect and harmony.

"Yes Anty i got it at the supermarket today as it was scarce in the market." Anty nodded

"I thought as much because i know it has gone scarce some time ago. When next you are going you will get it for me too."

"Okay i will let you know when i am going for now i am very hungry." Anty laughed at her shaking her head.

"Madam chop chop, food is there." She pointed at the food flask. Maryam took her food to her room and after eating she just crashed into a deep slumber. She woke up at maghrib and she prayed before she starts to recite the holy qur'an. Her father came in shortly after she was done.

"Baba good evening, sit down please. You should have called me if you needed anything instead of coming here." Alh. Muhammad smiled

"Can't i come to my daughter's room again or can't i see her when i want to??" Maryam shook her head like a small kid.

"No that is not what i mean, i mean you shouldn't have taken the trouble you know you could just have sammoned me to your room."

"No don't worry it's okay. I was just coming back from work and decided to branch and see how everyone is doing before going in."

"Okay thank you so much for your love and care Baba."

"No don't mention after all it's my responsibilty. Do you need anything maybe money or anything?" He asked Maryam and she shook her head meaning no.

"No Baba i don't need anything i am okay."

"Are you sure?" He asked her again putting his hand into his pocket to fetch some money.

"I am sure Baba, i will let you know if i need anything."

"Okay then, just take this it's 15k keep it with you okay?" Maryam smiled at her father while stretching her hands to collect the money.

"Thank you so much Baba i really appreciate it." He nodded at her while he stood up and left the room. He entered all the other rooms of his kids and wives giving everyone some money before he went to his room. They later on all came out to the living room to gist and watch tv, everyone was happy about the money they received from their father and they want to go out the next day to get somethings at the supermarket. Haj. Binta suggested that Maryam should accompany the kids to the supermarket and Musty should take them. Anty also want to get some things so she will go with them. At 10pm they all retired to bed.

It was Saturday morning and the house was full of various activities in Maryam's household. The mother's are making breakfast in the kitchen while Maryam was sweeping the corridor and the boys are playing football at the courtyard. They all gathered for breakfast while Alh. Muhammad joined them.They had breakfast enjoying each other's company and when they were done they moved to the living room to gist more.

By 4pm everyone was ready to go out excluding Haj. Binta who was not going out with them. Mustapha took their family car i.e the sienna and they left for the supermarket. They arrived at the supermarket and they all went inside. As soon as the person in the counter Mubarak saw Maryam he took his phone to call his boss.

"Hello Oga she is here." Alh. Abdurahman was confused at first but after few seconds he quickly understand what he means by she is here.

"Okay that is very good is she alone or with someone?"

"No she came with her family."

"Okay i will be there very soon." He ended the call and quickly took his car keys, he was speeding and praying that Maryam hasn't left yet. He reached the supermarket and he hurried up inside. On his arrival he saw her pushing the shopping cart with some little kids around her and an ederly looking person who seems to be her mum and those kids must be her siblings and then he went to the counter.

"Thank you so much Mubarak for calling me, you have a special reward for this," Mubarak smiled showing his white teeth.

"Thank you so much sir, i really appreciate it." Alh. Abdurahman smiled and nodded, he started walking towards Maryam but he quickly change his direction when he saw her turning around. He went upstairs to his office switching on his computer to see the cctv camera footage, he got Maryam under his glance. He kept watching her through the computer screen. She is so beautiful and innocent he whispered, i can't get enough of her.

Maryam and her family rounded up their shopping and they went to the counter to pay their bills and after that they left the store and immediately Alh. Abdurahman came down following them out, he waited untill they have all entered their car then he came out entered his own car and he starts following them. They first branch at an ice cream shop then to Oasis bakery and from there they took another route to their house. He kept following them untill they reached home and he parked few meters away from them. His mission was complete, his aim was to know where she lives and he has gotten it now he will come back when he is more prepared to meet her and with that he left.

Three days later Umar came inside the house looking for maryam and his mother saw him.

"Why are you looking for her." Haj. Binta asked.

"Someone outside asked me to call Anty Maryam for him." Haj. Binta was surprised as to who is looking for Maryam outside because its been long anyone came to see her.

"Who is he? What did he say is his name??"

"I don't really know who he is Mama but he said his name is Alh. Abdurrahman and he wants to see Anty Maryam." Haj. Binta sighed

"Okay then go and tell him she is coming." Umar left to take his mother's message to Maryam's guest while Haj. Binta went to Maryam's room to tell her that she has a visitor.

"Ohhh who is it again Mama?" Maryam asked irritated.

"Well i don't know but his name is Alh. Abdurahman." Maryam was now thinking who the hell is Alh. Abdurahman.

"And who is this so called Alh. Abdurahman?" Her mother was getting tired of her questions.

"I think it will be better if you go ask him that question yourself, now get going don't keep him waiting for too long." Haj. Binta left a dumbfounded Maryam who was now angry that someone is interrupting her siesta. She took her veil and went outside. As soon a she stepped outside she saw a Hyundai jeep parked by the side and she just stood there with her hands akimbo staring at the car. This person is not even serious she thought, is he waiting for me to walk to him to the car or what? I am just going to count three if he doesn't get himself out of that car then i promise i will go back inside. One two thr...... He stepped out of the car before she finished saying three and then she saw him walking towards her. She was thinking of where has she seen this face before and then suddenly she remembered, the supermarket man.... What is he doing here now?

He came to a halt when he reaches where she was standing giving him the what are you doing here look but he smiled which just add beauty and charm to his already handsome face. He looked at her make up free face and i don't care attitude and he was more impressed with her because ladies now are so fund of make up and pretending to be what they are not. She snaped her fingers at him which brought him back from wherever he was heading to and he smiled at her again.

"Are you going to talk or are you just going to stand there and continue smiling like what i don't know." Maryam said harshly and he laughed.

"Oh now its funny koh, i am being funny right? See you some other time then." She turned to leave but he overtook her.

"Hey i am sorry i didn't mean to upset you okay?" She just stared at him but he continued talking.

"I know i am the least favourite person on your list now but please just give me a chance to talk to you."

"Well mr man you have just tossed away your chances here so just leave please." He gave her a sorry face and she just sighed.

"Okay okay fine you have just ten minutes when its time i will just leave." He nodded with a smile.

"Thank you very much ten minutes is more than enough for me."

"Okay so your time starts now..." Alh. Abdulrahman cleared his throat before he starts talking.

"Well my name is Abdulrahman but people call me Alh. Abdulrahman...."

"Go on i am listening..." She said to him gently...

Short Chapter koh don't worry an update is coming up tomorrow so stay tuned....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 480 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...
1K 60 14
⚠️THIS IS A PART TWO OF COLLUSION. CANNOT BE READ AS A STAND ALONE ⚠️ COLLUSION: ----------------------------------------------------------------- Th...
106K 5.6K 15
These characters are fictional and is ONLY a story. Cameron as Toni ( A German model ) Maryam as Habbiba Da Salvia ( Hijabi model) ...
65.3K 13K 46
Maryam never had a say. Although her situation wasn't her fault, people never fail to rub it in her face. If she was a child out of wedlock, she wou...