Turtle Dove ❦ Peter Kavinsky

By loulyai

"Peter fixed me, he cured my depression." - Lucia Moore. It's a fake relationship but it's different. Thoug... More

turtle dove | p.kavinsky
1; peter needs a favour?
2; party
*UPDATE*

3; after party for two

866 25 1
By loulyai

🕊

The night came to a close at 9pm.

Thank god because all I wanted to do was to get into my bed and to continue doing nothing despite how much fun I was having with Gabe.

"Do you want your jacket, I don't mind washing it for you?" I asked taking it off.

"No it's fine, look I'm sorry about tonight Gen-"

"Is obviously not over you, so why don't we just end this fake thing short and you can get your girl back." I finished his sentence off. Whoops.

It went silent.

"No, cos- she's still dating that college guy give it until the Ski trip?"

"The ski trip, that's like three months away?"

"Let's call it a contingency." He suggested, twisting himself in his seat a little.

Not going to lie, what is a contingency? I'll google it later.

"Fine." I sighed and sunk into the seat.

I took in this moment. Sitting in silence in his warm car with no one to judge. For someone like me I try to appreciate the short moments of happiness I have, it's a rare feeling for some. Well, for the some who understand depression.

"Are you gonna go inside?"

"Yes. Would you want to come in, stay a while?"

He smiled. I smiled.

~

I changed into something a lot less wet and flicked the kettle on while Peter aggressively played with my dog.

"When I'm older I'm definitely getting a Labrador, She is beautiful." Said Peter as he got up from the floor and sat at the island.

"Yeh, Me and Missy are best of buds." I picked up Missy and squeezed her tight before gently throwing her down.

I brought mine and Peters drinks to the table and joined his side.

"A black coffee for you and one for me."

"Thank you."

Peter Kavinsky was in fact an easy going guy. It makes me wonder if Genevieve is in fact a softie inside or maybe just scared of life so she makes herself look tough by being an bitch. I don't know. I know Peter can be bit of asshole, he has this stereotypical jock vibes. That's not what I see, I see a human.

This was the first time me and Peter have sat down together on our own. We could be ourselves.

"You are the first boy I've had over, kind of reminds me of when I was 12, I use to have loads of friends." I laugh.

"I'm honoured. Why haven't we hung out before?" He looked me up and down with those god damn eyes.

"I don't know, you're a part of one group and I'm apart of another. That reminds me I need to message LJ and Chris." I explain then I pull his phone out.

We still had each others phones.

As we went to swap back, I hesitated and quickly took a selfie.

He chuckled and took his phone. "I just don't get it, we get on so well in Math."

"Back in England I had this girl she wasn't my friend but we got on so well like we could of been friends, weirdly in Maths aswell. We all have those people and I guess you're one of them to me."

He nodded while taking a gulp of hot coffee.  "I remember one time you were moved away from me because you wouldn't shut up, you're so loud in class."

"Oh yeh, you were also being loud that's what got me in trouble! What were we talking about anyway?" I chuckled and pulled at my long sleeves.

"Gun laws, you got all smart-ass on me about England." Replied Peter tapping the marble surface.

I giggled and turned to him. "That was one heated discussion, I love a debate, even though I'm not very good at them."

"You had a point though." All of a sudden his expression changed. He looked at me with a serious look and he was calm.

I quickly looked down on my phone to see messages from Chris, Lara-jean and my Mum.

Chrisie🌯 ~ YOU have some ExPlaing TO DO!

Chrisie🌯 ~ what what, r u at a party since when did u become sociable

LaraJean ~ Peter Kavinsky? The pic is cute :)

Mumo ~ Out with Michelle, I'll be back late. Don't forgot to Feed Missy when you r home And stay safe! Xo

"Ay Lu, we need to exchange numbers ya'know you need good communication in a relationship." He smirked, so he passed me his phone for me to type my number in.

"We do, and there you go my number."

I had put my name as Lu with loads of heart emojis for that girlfriend effect.

It was quite funny, the whole fake dating thing. When I'm older I can look back at this moment and reminisce to my grandchildren about how stupidly fun it was. Oh hey, Grandma what did you do back in the day? Oh, just fake dated a few men, as you do... oh god.

The buzz of a phone startled me in my cringe of a daydream. It was Peter's phone, he huffed and shoved it in his back pocket.

"I have to go." He chugged down the rest of his drink and stood up. "But Thank you."

That was probably Gen saying 'baby come back to me, I love you sooo much!' Well boohoo, he's at my house well no, he's actually leaving.

"Thank you too, I had a good day despite having beer poured all over me."

I walked him to the door, holding Missy.

"Oh, forgot to give you this." He then handed me a little folded paper with the words 'LuLu' written on it.

Lulu, that's a new nickname. I thought he just called me Lu all the time.

"Gen always wanted me to write her notes so if she saw me give them to you she'd be pissed."

But Gen wasn't here to see. No one was.

"Cheers. See you Monday then."

"See ya, and you my gorgeous!" He scrubbed Missy on the head before leaving then got into his car.

And I waved him off.
And he was gone.

For some reason it made me sad to see him leave.

Peter ~ I had a good day too.

Me ~  don't text n drive😘

Slowly I backed into the house and closed the door.

I plopped Missy down and spun around and almost screamed.

"What the fu- Chrisie how did you get in!" I yelled with my hand on my chest.

"You left the back door open silly." Said Chris kiddy like. It was obvious she snuck out as she was standing in some sponge-bob Pj bottoms, an Metallica top and slipper boots. 

"For my dog not you! What do you want." I strolled back into the kitchen and she tagged along behind me.

I started to fill Missy's bowl up with food.

"You and Peter?" Her voice was stern.

"We are dating." I turned around and sent her an awkward smile.

"What, how, why. Oh my God, Gen is gonna kill you..."

"Don't remind me. We had this like mini argument then later she poured her drink all over me at the party."

Chris tutted and laughed.

"Anyway, I have you sorted!" She lifted up a plastic bag. "Don't worry It's not subway so I got you some Cool Ranch Doritos, Salsa, Coleslaw, Cheddar Cheese Mature, Cheetos and a Dr.Pepper.

"You planning on sleeping over then." I glared blankly.

"Yep!"

A/n

Thank you for reading!

I read To all the boys I've loved before last night, the whole thing in 5 hours. Wow, it's so different to the movie. I got to know Kavinsky, Chris and Lara a lot more - might try and fit more of their real personalities in this book.

Thanks for the readers and votes. You are amazing.

Part 4 is on its way :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 4.4K 37
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
968K 16.7K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
318K 6.9K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
246K 5.9K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc