3; after party for two

🕊

🕊

The night came to a close at 9pm.

Thank god because all I wanted to do was to get into my bed and to continue doing nothing despite how much fun I was having with Gabe.

"Do you want your jacket, I don't mind washing it for you?" I asked taking it off.

"No it's fine, look I'm sorry about tonight Gen-"

"Is obviously not over you, so why don't we just end this fake thing short and you can get your girl back." I finished his sentence off. Whoops.

It went silent.

"No, cos- she's still dating that college guy give it until the Ski trip?"

"The ski trip, that's like three months away?"

"Let's call it a contingency." He suggested, twisting himself in his seat a little.

Not going to lie, what is a contingency? I'll google it later.

"Fine." I sighed and sunk into the seat.

I took in this moment. Sitting in silence in his warm car with no one to judge. For someone like me I try to appreciate the short moments of happiness I have, it's a rare feeling for some. Well, for the some who understand depression.

"Are you gonna go inside?"

"Yes. Would you want to come in, stay a while?"

He smiled. I smiled.

~

I changed into something a lot less wet and flicked the kettle on while Peter aggressively played with my dog.

"When I'm older I'm definitely getting a Labrador, She is beautiful." Said Peter as he got up from the floor and sat at the island.

"Yeh, Me and Missy are best of buds." I picked up Missy and squeezed her tight before gently throwing her down.

I brought mine and Peters drinks to the table and joined his side.

"A black coffee for you and one for me."

"Thank you."

Peter Kavinsky was in fact an easy going guy. It makes me wonder if Genevieve is in fact a softie inside or maybe just scared of life so she makes herself look tough by being an bitch. I don't know. I know Peter can be bit of asshole, he has this stereotypical jock vibes. That's not what I see, I see a human.