killers. | golden child.

By -sungyoon

"you guys are not a couple. why are you guys pretending when you two are just... partners?" "no, kim jibeom... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
8

7

658 35 12
By -sungyoon

The next day... 5am

We all sat silently in the base, getting mentally prepared for the game to begin.

It might start at any time since they have the right to choose the time for us. I felt so unprepared and nervous that I couldn't sleep for the whole night. And that goes the same for everyone else. We ended up staying together in the base, waiting for the news to come.

But what I'm more unprepared is... who will I fight against?

At this moment, I received a text from Jibeom.

I looked up from my phone, so did the others. They probably received a text from someone as well. We all exchanged looks before leaving the base.

We went in 2 separate cars, one is Jangjun's car and the second one is the taxi Sungyoon used to pick us up.

I never knew that Seungmin owned a taxi, and was a driver whenever he's not training. I thought he was training 24/7.

Joochan, Seungmin, and I didn't speak throughout the whole ride. But I felt calm because I'm with them.

"We're here." Seungmin quietly said as we arrived lotte fit-in in dongdaemun.

There's almost no one in the streets. The sky is still dark. Our venue is closed at the moment.

The moment we walked to the entrance of the lotte fit in, the door unlocked and is opened for us.

"We're going to different places, right?" Joochan asked.  Seungmin nodded, but I got a bit confused.

They received a text with the location in it?

"See you." Seungmin said before walking away.

"Stay safe, Minkyung." Joochan looked at me, before leaving the other direction as well.

But- oh well...

I sighed, before heading towards the stairs.

At this moment, Sungyoon, Jangjun, and Donghyun arrived as well and entered the building. Right after they stepped in, the door is closed and locked.

The game officially begins.

The three of them didn't say much, and went their separate ways.

-----------

Joochan walked deeper into the mall until he reaches the center.

All floors are visible because there is a huge space here, which is often used to hold events like mini fan meetings. He can see the moving escalators on each floor as well. So far he didn't see anyone else.

"This will be challenging..." Joochan thought to himself.

Bomin might appear on any of the levels, and attack him from any direction because of the wide space.

At this moment, Joochan slightly tilted his head, an arrow flew past him and hit the the wall of the shopping mall.

"Nice." Joochan looked up to find Bomin on the second floor, looking at him with a smile.

"So how does this game work?" Joochan asked.

"Well, some changes were made to the rules." Bomin thought for a second before putting his bow aside.

"There's a time limit, and within that time limit we're only allowed to fight 1 person at that time. But after the time limit, we no longer need 1 vs 1." He explained.

"Then... what's the time limit?" Joochan asked. Bomin smirked.

"As if I'll tell you." He answered, before firing a shot at Joochan.

At this moment a voice came from the announcement system.

"The fight begins, now!"

------------------

Donghyun stepped into a restaurant and sighed to see Eunha sitting on one of the tables.

The female killer wore a cute dress and carried a small backpack on her back, looking like she's going out on a date or a friend's gathering instead of going on a fight.

Donghyun is getting more confused and distracted. He didn't know how to deal with situations like this.

He didn't know what to say when he first received that text from her.

"Hi, this is Eunha. :)"

"Guess what my favourite restaurant is ;) see you<3"

Donghyun ended up finding her the moment he stepped into the first restaurant.

"That was quick." Eunha grinned, looking at her watch.

But Donghyun couldn't feel just as relaxed as her.

The fight is going to begin yet he couldn't feel anything similar to a fight going on. He didn't really know what to do other than staring at this girl who he thought is kind of cute, waiting for her to do something.

"30 minutes." Eunha spoke.

"What?" Donghyun asked, widening his eyes, but Eunha already threw a punch at him, which he quickly dodged.

"The fight begins, now!"

---------

Jangjun did not feel nervous at all.

He received a text from his best friend Youngtaek.

"13th floor."

And Jangjun decided to take the lift.

He already expected what will happen inside the left. Of course he would get attacked, but he's prepared.

He stepped into the lift and pressed the button which wrote the number "7", and closed the door.

He slowly watched the lift go up.

Suddenly, a bullet was shot from the top of the elevator, going through the ceiling and went past the floor as well. Jangjun stood aside so he didn't get shot.

And right after this happened, a huge noise was made as something landed on the top of the elevator. Jangjun took out his gun and shot it at the ceiling, and someone finally broke a large hole in the elevator, revealing his face.

"Hi," Youngtaek grinned. Jangjun didn't return the smile.

"Youngtaek..." The slightly older boy seemed hesitant.

"You're not acting like you, Jangjun." Youngtaek laughed a bit.

"Do we really have to do this? Does this friendship really mean nothing to you?" Jangjun asked.

"I never thought like that. It's just that I'm doing my job..." The younger boy shrugged.

"And I enjoy it." He finished his sentence. Jangjun stayed quiet.

He didn't expect his best friend, who he thought is always funny, kind, and emotional, to be a killer, and he enjoys his job.

At this moment they heard the voice from the speaker.

"The fight begins, now!"

-------------------------------------

Seungmin went on one of the longest escalators after reaching the 3rd floor, heading all the way towards the 10th floor.

He rarely came here. Firstly he didn't have the time to, and secondly he hates it when there's a lot of people around. And now that he can have all this to himself, he's enjoying it.

He didn't really care that who sent him the text.

But Seungmin is quite sure that his opponent is probably more dangerous than he thought.

He slowly got off the escalator as he reached the 10th floor. He stopped in place to see a younger boy standing there, looking at him.

"Nice to meet you." Seungmin smirked.

"My name is Jaehyun. Nice to meet you, Seungmin." The younger killer smiled as well.

"How much time do we have?" Seungmin questioned, looking relaxed.

"I'll defeat you in 30 minutes." Jaehyun answered.

"Nice. Let's not waste time." Seungmin laughed.

It's rare to see him laugh. When he does, Seungmin probably really enjoying this right now.

"The fight begins, now!"

-----------------------------------

Sungyoon pushed the door open to the back stairs and surprisingly find Minkyung standing there, not moving at all as if she's spacing out.

"Minkyung?" Sungyoon asked, looking surprised, at the same time he felt nervous.

Minkyung turned to look at him with a blank expression on her face before she slowly opened her mouth.

"I.... don't know where to go." Minkyung answered awkwardly, making the leader sigh in relief.

"You scared me for a second. I thought that I'll be fighting you." He said, and Minkyung burst out laughing.

"Sorry, I was nervous and really clueless at the same time." She said, finally back to her normal self.

"That's fine. But the other killer didn't tell you anything in terms of where to go?" Sungyoon questioned. She shook her head before showing him her phone.

"Take the stairs. -Jibeom :)"

That's the only thing written in the text.

"That's strange. Perhaps... this is the place he's going to fight you?" Sungyoon asked.

Suddenly an arrow was shot at them from below and both of them dodged it. And soon bullets were being shot from the same place.

"It's dangerous here. Go." Sungyoon looked at Minkyung and pushed her to run upstairs.

"But-"

"Just run." Sungyoon said. Minkyung hesitantly nodded before running upstairs, while Sungyoon started running downstairs, where the bullets are still coming for him yet he managed to dodge all of them.

He reached the 3rd floor of the underground, which leads to the car park. He widened his eyes when he realized that no one was here.

No way... he thought. He could still feel a bullet scratch his arm right when he reached this place. His opponent wouldn't have been fast enough to open the door and close it to hide. Where did the bullet come from that it can barely hit him?

Or is the other killer in fact fast enough that he can hide himself?

Sungyoon suddenly sense something, and immediately turned around. He was right, but not fast enough. The killer behind him, right after Sungyoon turned around to face him, grabbed him by the neck, and started to push him.

Both of them fell to the floor as Sungyoon's back hit the door, which opened, and they're in the car park.

Sungyoon kicked the boy, causing him to fall backwards and let go of his neck. They stopped fighting.

"The fight hasn't even started yet." Sungyoon said, staring at the other killer after he took a few deep breaths.

"I know. But you won't be this weak, Choi Sungyoon." The other killer smiled.

"Good that you know, Lee Daeyeol." Sungyoon bit his lip.

"So, the rules are basically within 30 minutes, we can only fight against our chosen enemy. After time's up, we can fight anyone we want." Daeyeol explained.

"How do we win or lose?" Sungyoon questioned.

"When you no longer have any ability to fight back, you already lost. If a killer cannot defeat his or her opponent, then the battle will continue on after the 30 minutes." The older boy answered.

"Okay, I understand." He nodded.

"A fight between the two leaders, I wonder how it'll go." Daeyeol grinned while Sungyoon stayed silent.

"The fight begins, now!"

—————————————-

I ran upstairs and my mind was completely blank, still not reacting to the sudden event that happened just now.

Will Sungyoon be okay? I felt worried but then, I know he can handle this. He is probably doing well.

I stopped as I reached the 4th floor to take a break. I'm still confused and I have no idea of where to go.

Suddenly I felt some vibration at the door which leads to the mall, and I immediately took a few steps away.

Like what I expected, the door exploded. It's probably Jibeom arriving.

"So extra." I sighed as shook my head as Jibeom walked in with his sunglasses.

"Wasn't it cool?" Jibeom took off his sunglasses with a smile. I sighed. He has such a weird sense of humor.

"Come on let's not waste time. I'm ready to fight." I said, but he laughed.

"Not so fast. Wait for the game to start." Jibeom said.

"The fight begins, now!"

What the hell is that?!

Before I can even react, Jibeom took out his fountain pen, and ran towards me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 2.4K 41
ineedasugarbaby: be my sugar baby. l babylixie: no... l ineedasugarbaby: fine baby but that's your loss l babylixie: just dm me.
42.1K 1.2K 29
"𝙃𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙙-𝙖𝙞𝙙, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙨." ⚠️ Warning! Mature content and language ⚠️ [TXT added characters]
70.7K 2.7K 22
"We are nerdy,but one day you will look at us and changed.Just that One Day"-Taeyeon,Jessica,Hyoyeon and Seohyun.
71.6K 2.9K 12
"you want to act like a child, i'll treat you like one." - completed -