California Promise

By TherealDreamer

Three years ago, Adam promised to bring Christina to California. But, he left her before he could keep his pr... More

Prologue
Don't say you're sorry
Back at your door
The Concert
Choices
Trust me or not

Surprise

314 15 12
By TherealDreamer

A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait, but here is another chapter. I haven't been on Wattpad that much lately and have been dealing with a difficult writers block. But hopefully I can get my inspiration back.

Xoxozd, you asked me what their ages are. I changed up their ages slightly, so now Adam is twenty-two and Christina is twenty.

And a big thanks to all who have read this Adamtina fic and commented. :)

Oh, and who is excited for Maroon 5's 'V'? I know I am! :)

---------

Adam awoke the next morning and checked the timer-clock on his bedside table. He groaned out loud when the time read six am in the morning. He closed his eyes, hoping to get a few more minutes before having to start his day. But the smell of something baking filled his senses and the scent of coffee wafted up from downstairs.

Adam got up, showered quickly and dressed. He made his way down the steps and followed the scents to the kitchen. Christina was up and dressed and was busy taking a pan out of the oven. Adam's mouth watered at the sight of the hot, blueberry muffins.

"Good morning," Christina greeted cheerily.

"Morning, Christina," Adam said smiling. "Breakfast smells really good."

Christina beamed. "Thank you." She poured him a cup of coffee and handed it to him. As she took down two plates from the cabinet, Adam couldn't help but watch her. She looked beautiful in a tank-top and a pair of jeans. Her hair hung lose down her back and he could smell the sweet scent of her shampoo.

Adam snapped out of his thoughts and accepted the plate she handed him. He thanked her and they both sat down at the kitchen table. They ate their breakfast in silence, not having much to say. Adam finally decided to break it and flashed a smile at Christina.

"Excited for our day out?"

"Yeah," Christina replied sharing his smile. "But what about the-paparazzi?"

"We'll just ignore them."

Adam got up and took both of their plates to the sink. After they had gotten the kitchen cleaned up, they both got ready and headed out the door. The weather was warm and sunny-a perfect day. They both got into Adam's vehicle and they were off.

By the afternoon, they had explored all of Adam's favorite places in L.A. Christina was fascinated and seemed to be enjoying their day very much. At lunch time they stopped into a café to eat lunch.

"I love it here in L.A already," Christina told Adam as she browsed the menu.

"I'm glad," Adam replied as he browsed his own menu, even though he already knew what he wanted. After they had ordered their food, his thoughts went to the surprise he had planned. He grinned and knew Christina would be blown away.

"What are you grinning about?" Christina asked in suspicion.

"Oh, nothing," Adam said innocently. He glanced out the window and narrowed his eyes. Good. No paparazzi were in sight. He was hoping they would stay away for today. Christina seemed overwhelmed enough with them yesterday. Didn't they have any respect?

Adam turned his gaze to Christina and had an urge to take her hand. But he kept his hands under the table and fought the urge.

After lunch of turkey sandwiches, Adam paid and they headed out the door. He opened it and let Christina go through before going out after her. They walked along the sidewalk in silence enjoying the nice day. All too soon they arrived back at the car and Adam drove towards the 'surprise' after they both slipped in.

"Where to next?" Christina asked curiously.

Adam smirked. "If I tell you my surprise will be spoiled."

"Surprise?" Christina studied him thoughtfully as if trying to read his mind. She then shook her head and Adam caught a small smile form on her lips.

Adam was now getting close to their destination. He kept an easy smile on his face, trying not to give away anything. But he could feel Christina watching him, still trying to figure out what he was up to. The destination was now a hundred feet ahead and he could not wait to experience Christina's reaction when he told her the surprise.

Adam suddenly pulled into the studio parking lot and parked. He heard Christina mutter under her breath and grinned.

"Welcome, Chris, to the recording studio where me and the guys worked on our album," Adam said before getting out of the car. He ran around the other side to open the passenger door and offered his hand to Christina. She took it and let him help her out.

"Wow, Adam, this is amazing," Christina breathed, not realizing she still held Adam's hand.

"Would you like a tour?"

"Yes, please."

Adam led Christina in by the hand and began to show her around. He brought her to the room where they recorded and let her look around. Christina's face looked awed as she walked around, fingering some of the equipment.

"Imagine, Chris," Adam started, coming up to stand next to her, "recording your own album here."

Christina turned to look at him. They were very close now, and Adam wished to close in the distance between them and kiss her.

"I can imagine that," Christina said quietly. "But would it ever happen?"

"I believe it can."

Adam inched closer until their lips were inches apart. He was inches from tasting her lips-so close. He could see that she wanted to kiss him, too, but was very hesitant. Adam leaned ever so closer, their noses almost brushing.

"Good afternoon, Adam."

Adam drew away and turned to grin at the record producer, John Michael, who was always frowning and often in a foul mood. The guy was not bad to work with, though. Thankfully.

"Good afternoon to you too, John." He turned to Christina. "John, this is Christina Aguilera."

John smiled a rare smile and held out his hand for Christina to shake. "It's good to finally meet you, Miss Aguilera."

Christina accepted his hand and nodded. "It's nice to meet you, too, Mr. Michael."

"John, can I have a word with you?" Adam asked suddenly.

"Sure," John nodded.

When Adam and John left the room, Christina sat down on a stool and glanced around. She sighed, wondering if there would ever be a chance for her to record her own album. The prospect felt so real that she ached for it to be a reality.

Adam and John suddenly strode back into the room, Adam grinning and John frowning seriously. Christina turned to smile at them, her heart fluttering at the sight of Adam and the grin that secretly turned her on.

"Alright, Miss Aguilera, let's see what you can do." John nodded to her and crossed his arms, leaning up against the wall.

Christina was startled for a moment and turned to glance at Adam. Adam just winked as he grabbed a guitar. He began to play the tune of their song and nodded for Christina to start singing.

Christina took a deep breath, her stomach churning in nervousness. She then began to sing, softly at first, before gaining confidence and building her voice.

John just watched, but his face showed interest as he listened. Christina sang louder, feeling the joy run through her heart as she sang out. When the song finally ended, John nodded his approval.

"You have a talent, Miss Aguilera," he said. Half-a-minute went passed as he looked thoughtful. Finally, he nodded again. "I would like to sign you a record deal and help you release your first album."

Christina was shocked. A million emotions ran through her at once and she didn't know what to say. So she just smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, Mr. Michael."

John chuckled and shook his head. "It was nice meeting you, Miss Aguilera. I look forward to working with you."

Christina accepted his hand and he shook it. She beamed over at Adam as he gave her a heart-stopping grin. And she didn't pull her hand away when he gently took it in his own warm one.

"When do you want to start?" Adam asked.

"Tomorrow," Christina said simply.

"Tomorrow it is," John agreed.

Christina sat with a writing pad in front of her on her lap and a pencil in her hand. She sighed and closed her eyes as she tried to find something to write.

It was seven o'clock that evening and she had been sitting on the couch for an hour after dinner brainstorming.

"Need some inspiration?" Adam asked her, coming into the room.

"That would be great," Christina answered with a sigh.

Adam sat down across from her in the leather armchair. He looked thoughtful before speaking.

"Maybe you should write about how you feel right now. Or a past experience. Or maybe something that has inspired you."

"Or maybe maybe me becoming free and bursting from a young girl into a woman?" Christina suggested.

"Exactly."

Christina stared down at the paper before beginning to write. Now it just came to her and she felt her emotions pour out into lyrics. When she finished, she smiled up at Adam.

"Want to hear what I've got?" she asked.

Adam nodded. "Yes."

Christina closed her eyes and began to sing.

"Young girl, don't cry: I'll be right here when your world starts to fall..."

Adam listened intently. When Christina finished, he gave her an applause, grinning boyishly.

"Beautiful, Chris," he praised.

"Beautiful," Christina echoed, suddenly getting more inspiration. She grinned and stood up from the couch. "Goodnight, Adam. I think I'm going to catch some sleep."

Adam stood up as well and approached her. "Goodnight, Christina."

They stood there in silence, neither having anything else to say. Christina finally left the room and headed up to her bedroom. After dressing in her pajamas, she plopped down on her bed and began brainstorming the idea Adam had just given her. She wanted the lyrics to speak a message, but where to start?

Christina sighed and decided to sleep on it. She slipped under the covers, realizing just how tired she was. Today had been a long, exciting day-a day she would not forget. Adam had made it special in every single way.

Christina wished in that moment when their lips were only a breath apart that Adam would have kissed her. She didn't know why, but she wanted that kiss more than anything.

Adam awoke abruptly and groaned. He sat up and wondered what had awoken him. He usually slept through the night without waking unless he had heard something.

Then he heard it. Adam shot up out of bed and rushed down the hall to Christina's room. He burst in to find her thrashing around on the sheets, crying out and making his heart twist. In one stride, Adam had reached her bed. He sat down and took her into his arms, hoping that his arms around her would calm her down. Christina soon began to calm down, true to his thoughts, and buried her head in his chest.

Adam sighed and gently, so as not to wake her, brushed a strand of her blond hair from her damp forehead. Christina stirred slightly, but did not awake. The fear had left her face and her shoulders were less tense.

Adam leaned back into the pillows, holding Christina close to his chest. He kissed the top of her head and closed his eyes. The feel of her warm body against his did things to him. He soon fell asleep, lulled by Christina's soft breathing.

Christina didn't want to open her eyes the next morning. She was warm and her pillow smelled of something good, like Adam. She frown suddenly and opened her eyes to find that her head laid right on Adam's muscular chest.

"Adam, what are you doing?" Christina exclaimed.

Adam suddenly opened his eyes and smiled. "Good morning."

Christina crossed her arms and glared at him. "Explain."

Adam sat up and a look of concern filled his eyes. "Christina, you were thrashing around in your sleep and crying out," he explained. "I took you into my arms to calm you."

"Oh." Christina looked sheepish. "I always have those nightmares. This isn't the first."

"You can tell me what they are about, if you want," Adam murmured. "It helps to talk about things."

Christina felt sickened just thinking about the nightmares. They reminded her of all that her father had done to hurt her mother. If she were to talk about it, she knew she would break out and cry.

"I can't..."

Adam nodded and got up. "Whenever you need someone to talk to, you know I'm here." He smiled and left the room without another word.

Christina leaned back into the pillows and pulled the comforter over her shoulders. She lay in bed, letting her thoughts roam. Finally, she got up and dressed. It was already seven am and they had to be at the studio at eight.

Now excitement took over the churning in her stomach. Today would be a good day and she knew it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.2K 28
Amanda Levine, the only daughter of the sexiest pop star alive, Adam Levine. She sick of being alone; Adam always leaves her for world tour, concert...
9.8K 197 19
First FanFic EVER! I actually had a dream about this and i thought it was ADORABLE/HORRIBLE so i thought i would share it with you all! Sorry if it s...
28.1K 1.6K 32
Katy finds herself in a rather abusive relationship, but someone soon comes along to help her through the journey.
22.9K 597 25
(Adamtina fanfic.) Christina Aguilera attempts to accomplish her dreams of being a recoding artist, first she must be sighed to a record label. She...