Don't say you're sorry

A/N: Another chapter for you guys! Again, ignore any typos. I only proofread this once so I could get it up. Enjoy! :)

Christina left the restaurant at seven that evening and began her walk home. It had been a busy day, more customers than usual coming into dine.

The cold winter air hit her face and she brought her coat up around her to try and keep the icy cold out. Thankfully, it wasn't raining or snowing. But after thanksgiving, the weather had changed from a mild fall to a flat-out cold winter. Not that she was complaining, but having to walk to and from the apartment to get to Adrianos, the Italian restaurant she had been working at for two years, in the cold, was not pleasant.

Christina inwardly sighed as she walked along. Just like always, Adam was on her mind. It still made her angry to think he had left her, breaking her heart and a promise that he had swore to keep. Where was he now? The question always surfaced and like always, it went unanswered.

Christina arrived back at the apartment and slipped in. It was quite, no one home. Her mother was working night shift and her brother was who-knew where. Well, it was nice having the place to herself once in a while. But it was still very lonely.

Christina entered her room that had never changed since she was thirteen. She hung up her coat feeling weary. Her feet ached from being on them all day and her head pounded. Nothing a shower and sleep wouldn't fix.

Christina sat down on her bed and took a box from where she kept it on the dresser. She took the old leather wallet from her pocket where she had put her tips before leaving the restaurant. Opening the box that she had placed Adam's note, she put half the money on top of the other tips she had earned. The other half would be given to her mother to help with food and other supplies they needed to get by. Things wern't easy, but they had made it ever since Christina and Daniel's father had left when they were young.

How long would it be before they got out of this mess? Christina wished things were different. But alas, they weren't and may not be for a long time.

The writing in the note Adam had written three years ago came back. The line he had written, 'remember to follow that dream of yours' floated around in her head like a memory that would never leave.

It wasn't good to dwell on the past. It was time for her to forget Adam completely and move on. But how easy would that be? Nothing had been easy for her since he up and left her.

Christina stood up and trudged down the hall to the only bathroom. She closed the door behind her, hoping for a hot shower. It might do her the world of good and sooth her aches. Stripping, she undressed before running the water. When she slipped in under the hot shower of water, she almost moaned in ecstasy at how good it felt. This was one of the things she looked forward to when she got home-a hot shower.

After the soothing shower, Christina toweled off, dried and combed her hair, and settled down in her room to sleep. As she drifted off, her last thought was of Adam.

Adam and his band mates arrived in New York late evening. They were touring and this was one of their location to play at. Honestly, it brought back a lot of memories for him.

When Adam had left Christina three years ago, he knew it was for the best. After forming his band, Maroon 5, and getting a record deal, he had decided to base their first album on her. Songs About Christina had given them their fame. But now, as they drove through New York, everything from three years ago came pouring back like a wave.

An hour later, they had checked into the hotel after battling through a wave of cameras and paparazzi. After Adam settled into his room, he took out his guitar and began to play. As he played, his thoughts roamed until he couldn't focus. Sighing, he put his guitar away and ran his fingers through his hair.