Vampire's Pet

By cannoness

The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in o... More

Copyright Shenanigans
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
~Book 2~
Physical Copies👀
Suprise Epilogue

Chapter 74

449K 21.5K 14.4K
By cannoness

Khloe's POV:

I sat on one of the couches as Nico made some last minute preparations for Layla's stay.

I guess I've been kind of avoiding him ever since our conversation last night.

I've been holding onto a lot of things from last night.

Ever since Nico told me about what was going to happen, this feeling in my heart... and in my head.

They just appeared out of nowhere and I didn't know how to deal with them.

It was like a thought was planted into my head, but it wasn't telling me what it was, it was just making me sad and avoidant.

I knew whatever the thought was, it had to do with Nico.

It had to be. I couldn't even look him in the eyes last night without feeling like I was going to completely break down.

I would have told him what was wrong if I even knew where to begin.

All I did know was that whatever it was, was bigger than just the fact that Layla was to stay with us.

I brought my knees close to my chest, my fingers skimming over the icy blue collar.

The tightening in my chest began again.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I let out a sigh until it went away.

I hated this.

Whatever it was. Whatever thought was haunting me but refusing to let itself show.

But was more than willing to hurt me.

I straightened out one leg, leaning back against the armrest

Whatever it was, I had already concluded that I was going to have to figure it out and fix it myself.

With Layla around, I doubted that I was going to get any advice from Nico.

My shoulders slumped as I thought back to our conversation last night.

The way he looked at me last night after I lied to him.

He looked heartbroken.

Which made me feel absolutely terrible.

I tried to shake the thought from my head before that ache in my chest could return.

Which didn't really work because in the process, I caught Nico's gaze from across the room.

We both didn't move since this was pretty much the first time we made eye contact since last night.

He looked sad.

Which made me sad.

I had never actually seen him sad before and I wanted more than anything to make him feel better, but my mind was refusing to let me do something.

Nico took in a breath like he was about to say something, but got cut off by a knock at the door.

My body tensed and apparently decided to stand up while Nico begrudgingly went to get the door.

Layla's voice rang out almost immediately after the door was opened.

"Nico!" Her voice rang out as she lunged into the room.

She excitedly wrapped her arms around him, causing him to take a step back.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here." she sang with a big smile.

Nico didn't return her gesture, he just awkwardly pat her back.

"Its no problem," he replied flatly.

She released him from her hold barely even sparing me a glance before she walked further in.

A slave boy walked into the room carrying two bright yellow bags, "Where would you like me to put these Mistress?"

Her hair flipped perfectly as she turned her head towards him, "Oh, just set them there," She said, pointing to the edge of the bed.

The slave did just that before taking his leave with a bow.

Layla sighed happily as soon as Nico closed the door, spinning with her arms outstretched as if she was out in an open field.

"It been so long since I've been in your room," She mentioned, taking a couple steps towards him.

"It has," He replied, seeming completely uninterested in the topic.

She just giggled before turning towards the bed.

"So, Which side of the bed am I going to take?"

"You're sleeping on the couch," he replied completely straightfaced.

His answer caused my eyes to widen.

Apparently, Layla didn't catch on how serious he was because she started laughing hysterically.

Nico rose his brows in un-amusement as she did.

"Fine," she replied playfully, "If you won't tell me, I'll just have to choose for myself."

I watched as she walked over to the side closest to the couches... Nico's side.

For some reason, that fact worried me.

Nico and I met eyes as she sat down on that side, making herself comfortable.

"I've always preferred the right side," She said quietly.

Nico just sighed in defeat, apparently coming to the conclusion that he had already lost the bed battle.

I don't know why, but I felt defeated too.

I guess I at least thought that if I couldn't sleep next to Nico while she was here, Id at least have her be far away from me.

Quietly, I sat back onto the couch, not really knowing why I stood up in the first place.

Layla's head snapped to me the second I did, causing me to flinch.

"Your pet is on the couch." She snapped, her smile being replaced with a grimace.

Nico glared at her while her head was turned towards me before he responded calmly

"Even dogs are allowed on the couch, Layla."

His words caused that aching pain in my chest to return.

She scoffed, "I guess. I always just kept my pets in their cages when I wasn't using them."

My eyes turned towards the cage and other materials that sat in the corner of the room. Most of the time I was oblivious to the fact that it was even there.

"Well, I guess we all treat our pets differently." He responded.

The ache became more intense.

Layla let out a quiet 'hmph' before she spoke, "I suppose we do."

She sat forward.

"Can she at least take my bags into the closet for me? Then you and I can catch up. It feels like we haven't talked in forever."

Nico was quiet for a moment, glancing at me like he was thinking something over. That sad look in his eye showed for barely a second

"Right," He turned his full attention to me his jaw tensing, "Khloe," He sent me a nod, gesturing to her bags.

That's when it hit me.

That's when the thought that hid itself in the back of my mind finally showed itself, now making it feel like my heart had actually shattered.

I was his pet. That's all.

As time passed I guess that fact must have slipped my mind.

I was a pet. Property. Lower than dirt.

I guess I must have ridiculously thought that I was something more.

I let myself grow insanely more comfortable around him. More comfortable than any pet should be and he let me.

He cared about me, helped me through so much, took me places, laughed with me, danced with me...

All because, I guess, I was a good pet.

He treated me better than I could have ever imagined and I guess I just got the wrong idea. I lost sight of reality.

He made me feel... Things that I had never felt before. Feelings that I wanted to hold onto forever.

I started imagining things that could happen between me and him, dreaming about him.

I had so many childish, fairytale ideas and false hopes. Hopes that maybe he-...

I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat, not allowing myself to cry.

As a pet, I needed to do what I was told. And regardless of anything that I thought, my status was still the same.

I stood from the couch, eyes pointed down towards the floor as the ache in my chest continued to pound with every beat of my heart.

"Yes, Master."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 452 40
Without thinking, I inhaled sharply, causing her scent to overwhelm me. My muscles tensed, ready to spring towards the girl in front of me and sink m...
4.8M 285K 101
In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as property, breed them, and you'll end up l...
19.1M 909K 96
ATTENTION: This is the SECOND book of my Vampire's Pet series and cannot be read as a stand alone book. ~~~ I thought that my life had ended the day...
18 0 1
Princess. All my life, I have been waiting to become Queen, to finally be entitled to the throne. Having sleepless nights, studying hard, practicing...