Orphic (#1 in the Hajar serie...

By luhhgends

"You can't love someone back to life, Israfil." She whispered. Her chest heaved with desperation, her heart t... More

prelude
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
IMPORTANT
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
important
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
postlude
a confirmed sequel - occhiolism (#2 in the Hajar series)
get excited !!!!

forty-two

1.3K 81 31
By luhhgends

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER IM SCREAAAAMING SIS i hAD SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS boOK

ALSO THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE AWKWARD HAH I DONT KNOW HOW TO WRITE THIS KINDA STUFF

please enjoy and vote and comment 😘🤠🤩

--

chapter fourty two - amatory

song of the chapter ; its you - zayn

--

ISRAFIL COULD FEEL his heart pounding in his chest, his limbs feeling light and loose as Farah's fingers curled around his neck to bring him closer. Slowly, as if she were almost timid, she leaned back and pulled him down even further, forcing the both of them to fall onto the bed without breaking the kiss. He carefully balanced himself on his forearms, careful not to apply his weight to her own body.

She tilted her head slightly, and her black hair sprawled around her face, creating a dark halo, accentuating the faint gold luminescence emphasizing the highlights of her high cheekbones. He broke away for a moment to catch a breath, and froze once he caught sight of her. Israfil inhaled sharply, his darkened eyes scanning over her facial features.

Farah felt her skin burn with bashfulness, "What?" She asked, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

She was a fucking siren. Some type of mythological creature to make him fall in love to the point where he forgot his own name. Everything about her was beautiful, devilishly so. And how could he not fall under his spell, especially with the way she was looking at him?

Fuck me, Israfil hummed to himself.

"You're so beautiful," He breathed before pressing his lips to her own again, basking in the feeling of her against him. Israfil wasn't sure how long they were kissing for, but he was lost in the movements. His kisses fell from her lips to her jaw, and down her throat. Farah's mouth parted slightly, allowing her to exhale shakily when she felt the skim of teeth along her collarbone.

When one of his hands left its position from beside her head and went to the hem of her shirt, she paused. Sensing her hesitance, he halted in his tracks, waiting for her to say something. Anything. He hoped he hadn't overstepped, he would scold himself endlessly if that were the case.

"Israfil," She whispered, "I want to-- I really want to, but-" She gazed at the ceiling, hating the way she felt as if she were about to cry. "It's ugly."

"Farah," He murmured gently, "Look at me." When she looked at him, her eyes glassy and glazed with emotion, he felt something inside of him break and shift. He wiped a tear as it fell down the side of her cheek, not allowing it to soak into the bedsheets. "Nothing about you could ever be ugly," Israfil felt his stomach drop to the floor. The room was quiet and the air was heavy as she panted slightly in anxiousness.

"You can't love someone back to life, Israfil." She whispered. Her chest heaved with desperation, her heart throbbing against her rib cage.

He shook his head, "You can try," Israfil responded softly. "Let me love you, Farah."

Farah said nothing else, she just nodded and shut her eyes as he pulled her shirt over her head, leaving her in a black lacy bra, accentuating the warmth of her skin. Her chest was swelled and in sync with the rapid pace of her breathing, and then, she waited. She waited for him to see the knife scars on the side of her hip, the ones Noah had left behind with his switchblade. Four lines, all identical, with one drawn across, each a tally for every time she was cut.

Even though they were scars, they still burned like they were fresh. She let out a quiet sob, tears still rolling down the side of her temples again as she anticipated his reaction. Farah knew what came after this-- his rejection of her. He would find her scars ugly, and then he would push her away with disgust. It was going to hurt, and Farah wasn't completely certain that she'd be able to handle such a response. "Israfil-"

He hushed her, "Let me look at you, please." He sounded gentle and tender, as he always was, but his hands were no longer caressing her body.

Farah felt as if time was slowing down, seconds feeling like hours. The entire time, she kept her eyes shut. She couldn't look at him knowing that genuine revulsion was worn on his face.

"You're so goddamn beautiful."

She could've sworn someone had stomped on her fucking chest from the lack of air in her lungs. Farah was physically winded from the comment that had taken her by surprise. So much so that she could barely even breathe. Cautiously, she opened her eyes, feeling like crying again when he stared at her with so much love that it made her heart hurt.

"There is nothing about you that isn't beautiful, Farah." He looked at her, "And I'm fucking lucky to be with someone like you. I love you, Farah, and everything about you." When his finger graved the scars, raised, discoloured skin, it suddenly felt healed, as if it weren't even there to begin with.

His dark, dilated pupils darted around her face, "And I don't need anything else."

--

WHEN FARAH AWOKE, it certainly wasn't something out of fictional books. There was no sunlight streaming through the curtains-- in fact, the sky was full of dark grey clouds, bringing a heavy downpour down from the heavens. Thunder accompanied the gloominess of the atmosphere, along with the occasional strike of lightning. The rain rushed down the window, clear water running against the glass.

The bed was still warm, so he couldn't have been gone for long. Ten minutes tops. The sheets were still thick with the smell of clean linen and cologne, and Farah felt the slight upward tilt of her lips bring her expression to a smile. She bunched the sheets tightly around her body, wincing at the ache that spread from her thighs as she got up. Farah kept her modesty hugged to herself as she scrounged around for some clean undergarments, sweatpants and a hoodie.

When the door swung open and slammed against the wall, she nearly dropped the sheet. Her mouth parted as she turned to the door, expecting to be met with the sight of Israfil, only to see his brother standing in front of her. He didn't pay mind to her lack of clothing, just rolled his hazel eyes, annoyed as she tried to formulate a sentence.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" Farah nearly yelled.

Azrael looked straight at her face and he was respectful enough to keep it that way. "Listen, Farah. I'm going to make this quick because I've got places to be, things to do and all that bullshit." He inhaled sharply. "Just came to say sorry 'cause I was kind of an ass to you. That's it."

"Do you not have any manners?" Farah snapped, agitated. "Have you ever heard of knocking?"

He scowled, "What is it with you and Israfil about knocking? You know what? I don't care. I'm going. Israfil's downstairs making breakfast for you. It was meant to be a surprise, so act like, shocked, or whatever. Also, you have major sex hair. Bye."

Farah gawked at his retreating figure before he slammed the door behind him. She patted down her hair, frowning at his comment and his intrusiveness. "Did that really just happen?" She whispered to herself. "What the fuck..." Farah mumbled before stumbling off to shower.

After washing up and getting dressed, Farah stumbled down the stairs, still questioning what had happened between her and her boyfriend's brother. She walked into the kitchen, and sure enough, she was met with the sight of a bronze back hunched over the stove. Farah stood in the doorway, admiring the way his corded muscles shifted under his skin.

"You going to stand there and stare or are you going to come to eat?" His voice wavered with humour.

Farah's played with the hem of her hoodie as she went to go sit at the bar, her cheeks burning.

"Don't worry, Farah," He tittered slightly "I'm all yours." He shuffled around the kitchen, stirring an omelet egg mixture in a bowl with a fork.

She buried her face in her hands. "We never ate the roast."

He raised a dark eyebrow. "What?" He sounded light and mellow. "Oh. Don't worry about that. I put everything in the fridge and we can eat it for lunch or dinner."

She nodded awkwardly, biting the inside of her mouth. "Your brother barged in on me naked." Farah hadn't thought about it before she blurted it, and once she had said it, her eyes widened.

Great timing, Farah.

Israfil placed his fork down. "He what?" Gone was the softness in his tone, now replaced with harsh anger. His jaw was tight with irritation.

"Well, technically, I was wearing a sheet, but he just kind of barged in without knocking."

"Sharmuta." Israfil cursed under his breath, patting down his pockets, looking for his phone. "Where's my phone? He's getting a mouthful from me."

Farah shook her head, "Don't, Israfil. Not right now, at least."

His silver eyes softened the moment they settled on her, and he released a sigh. "Fine. Don't think he's not gonna hear it." He manoeuvred around the island, turning his back on her once more. When he turned back, he slid her a mug of steaming hot coffee over the marble countertop.

"Thanks." Farah smiled at him, taking a sip. "How'd you know how I like my coffee?"

He grinned, placing his elbows on the counter so he could prop his chin on his palms and look at her. "Well," He said, "I like to think most people are like the beverage they drink," Israfil repeated the lines from one of their earliest memories.

Déja vû. Déja vû. Déja vû.

Farah felt her cheeks begin to ache from the amount of smiling she was doing, but she didn't care. "Like how?" Their roles were reversed.

"You, for example." He told her, "I made you a black coffee and added two creams and two sugars."

Farah looked directly into his eyes, "Why not just black coffee?"

"Well," Israfil began, "Because black coffee alone is too overwhelming, too strong and too intimidating. The cream emphasizes it's flavour rather than overpowering it." He recited the words she had said to him a long time ago, "And the sugar-- well, I think that's pretty self-explanatory." He laughed.

"I just happen to be good at reading auras," He moved around the island until he was standing in front of her. He placed his palms on her face and brought her in close, close enough for her to catch the mint on his mouth. "And that's yours." He whispered before bringing her lips to meet his own.

--

OK I REALLLLLLLLY LIKE THIS NGL

IM SO SAD TO SEE THIS STORY FINISH I LOVED IT SO MUCH IM SO SADDDDD

ok im probably gonna do an epilogue but oK

gn ily babiessss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 55K 42
Daniel Wood is the Alpha of the Bluewood pack. He has one goal in life and that is to never repeat his father's mistake. His father had given away hi...
1M 37.3K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...
32.4K 954 30
COMPLETE Sequel (Book 2) of the story 'My Best Friends' Alpha is My Mate.' This story can not be read alone! Read Book 1 before reading this story. T...
1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...