Persona 3: Are We Still Twins?

By BlueButterfly345

Makoto Yuki lost his parents in an accident ten years ago. A few days later, his twin sister, Minako went mis... More

Iwatodai
Gekkoukan High
Welcome to the Velvet Room
We're not the Same
The Dark Hour
Compromise
NOTICE

Awakening

384 0 0
By BlueButterfly345

Makoto's POV 

I was walking around school looking for any students I didn't recognize before heading to the roof. As fruitless of a venture as it was I still did it for the tiny scrap of hope. It was growing exhausting avoiding Junpei's constant attempts to hang out and dodging prying questions. I still hadn't asked Yukari or Mitsuru anything  because I knew they wouldn't let it go.

"Moriyama-san, please stop." I hear an unfamiliar voice says ahead of me. 

Straying from my thoughts I see a teal haired female student on the floor, her belongings strewn around her. An orange haired female student stood above her seemingly leading a small group of bullies.  

"Why?" The orange haired girl teased. "We're just inspecting your personal belonging?" 

"That's goody-goody Fuuka for you." One of the other bullies said. "She's got no fun stuff on her." 

"Continue to behave yourself." The orange haired girl called as she and the bullies ran away. 

I had reached the first of the teal haired girls belongings. Seeing no reason not to, I bent down and helped the girl pick them up. 

"Thank you very much." The teal haired girl says as I gave her what I had picked up of her belongings.  

"Can I ask you something?" The words fell out of my mouth before I could stop them.  

"What is it?" The teal haired girl asked. 

"Have you..." I hesitated. Every time I had asked the question, the same answer had emerged. Was it worth asking again? 

"Have I what?" The teal haired girl inquired further. 

"Have you seen a brunette with red eyes?" I finally asked. 

"A brunette with red eyes?" She repeated, "I don't recall anyone with that physical description. Are you looking for someone?" 

"No." I answered flatly. "Forget I asked." 

I walked away without giving the girl a chance to argue. The roof held no answers, even though that was where I was closest to Minako. I couldn't give up yet. Its only been a few days. 

An idea popped into my head. It was so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Though I had to plan it carefully. Especially since both Mitsuru and Yukari are awake during Midnight. 

Yukari's POV

Mitsuru, the chairman and I were in the command room. Mitsuru and I sat in front of the security system. We were spying on Makoto for the second night in a row. He seemed to be aware of the cameras in his room. Though he acted normal. He did his homework and read a bit before going to bed. 

"No changes from last night?" The chairman asks. 

"Its safe to say he has the potential." Mitsuru replies.

"That seems to be the case." The chairman affirms. "Given he hasn't transmogrified or become their prey." 

"I still feel a little guilty spying on him." I stated.  

Before anyone could reply a message comes in. 

"Operations room." Mitsuru says as she picks it up. 

"You're not going to believe this, this thing is huge." Akihiko's voice sounds form the intercom. 

Something shook the building. 

"Did he bring it here?" I ask no one as we run down to the first floor. 

Akihiko is slumped against the door wearing his school uniform except with a red sweater vest instead of a black jacket. His right, blacked gloved hand held his other arm just above the elbow. 

"Akihiko are you alright?!" Mitsuru asked. 

"Yeah." He replied looking up from gray eyes beneath short silver bangs. "Get ready to be surprised it will be here any second." 

"This is no time to joke around!" Mitsuru scolded. 

"Akihiko, is it one of them?" the chairman asked. 

"Yes, but its no ordinary one." Akihiko replied. 

"Takeba." Mitsuru said, "Go upstairs and wake our guest. Get him out of here." 

"What about you?" I argued. 

"We'll hold it off here." Mitsuru said leaving no room for argument. 

Makoto's POV 

I awoke when the building shook. It was Midnight so I decided to investigate. After I had dressed in my uniform I heard a knock on my door.  

"Wake up!" I hear Yukari's voice yell from the other side. 

Rather than replying I open the door. The holster and gun from the other night had returned. However, before I could question anything Yukari grabbed my wrist and started running saying "Let's go!" 

We ran up a flight of stairs before I pulled my wrist out of her grip.  

"Yuki-kun? What are you doing?" She asks. 

"Why are we running?" I ask her. 

"I don't have the time to explain that!" She exclaimed. 

"Why not?" I inquire. 

"Because-" 

Before Yukari could finish the building shook again. A blue mask appeared in the window being held by a hand of black material. Another hand of the same material started pressing against the window. 

"Shit..." I mutter.

"Look out!" Yukari yells as she pushes me to the ground as the monsters hand breaks through the window and the glass falls.

Yukari gets up and pulls me to my feet. "To the roof!" She yells.  

I didn't argue this time. Blood spills from a cut on Yukari's thigh, but she didn't slow down until we reach the roof.  

"Are you al-" 

Yukari is cut off by the building shaking again. It continues to shake as a hand like those one in the window grabs the side of the roof. Pushing up, the same mask from earlier is revealed. Along with a ton of arms not connected to anything in particular, half of them holding swords. 

"Run!" Yukari yells as she draws her gun. Though instead of pointing it at the monster, she points it at herself. 

"What're you-" 

Yukari pulled the trigger before I could finish. An indistinct shadowy form appeared above her, and blue spirals came up from the floor. This did nothing. Breathing heavily Yukari pulled the trigger again with the same result. 

The monster had reached us and slapped Yukari with one of its hands and sent her flying across the roof. The monster held its mask in my direction for a moment before turning towards Yukari. 

If I did nothing we would likely both die, but what was there to do? My attention shifts towards the ground. The gun Yukari had was near my feet. I picked it up remembering what happened when she pointed it at herself. It was worth a try. 

I put the barrel of the gun to my temple, and my finger on the trigger. As I hesitate something encourages me. A single word pops into my head. 

"Per... so... na..." 

Third Person POV

Makoto pulled the trigger. As he does so shards of  a clear material spiral around him.

"I am thou... thou art I... from the sea of thy soul I cometh... I am Orpheus... master of strings." 

Orpheus had manifested from the shards during the monologue. A silver mechanical humanoid body with a black face and red, pupil less eyes. It wore a red scarf around its neck, had speaker holes you'd see on portable devices on its chest, and a circular speaker on its stomach. A silver harp was attached to its back.

The monster had turned to Orpheus. Then ran attacking. Orpheus grabbed its harp and bashed it. Then kneed it to the side. Orpheus's eyes glowed as an explosion of fire hit the monster. The monster shook it off. Orpheus continued to attack with fire, as the monster scurried around the roof. Soon most of the roof was on fire, and the monster was still standing. 

Makoto clutched his head as though it was is pain. Orpheus roared as its body spasmed and head fell beneath the scarf. Makoto screamed as a pair of white gloved hands grabbed onto the top of the scarf, and tore it. Orpheus's body shattering as a new figure emerges. 

It was a human like body with amputated feet replaced with a golden fastening on leggings that matched its gloves. It wore a long, short sleeved, button up black coat. A brown belt around its waist with a golden belt buckle. Its face was two metal pieces screwed onto a neck stub covered by part of the coat. A string of coffin lids were chained to its shoulders and in its right hand it held a sword with a long blade. The sheath hung from the belt.  

The monster shot a large number of its arms towards the new being. Skilled evasive maneuvers were taken before the new being got close to the monster and sliced off a few of its arms before an unknown element explodes under the monster. The new being grabbed the wrist supporting the hand that held the mask and sliced the mask in two. 

The mask disintegrated. Then all the arms. The new being transformed back into Orpheus, then faded. Makoto collapsed, completely exhausted. Yukari got up and started walking towards him through the fire that still hadn't extinguished. 

Though not so far away a brunette with red eyes heard the same call Makoto did, and did not possess the means to answer. 

A/N

I will admit, the descriptions of Orpheus and *Spoilers* are terrible. Describing things has never been my specialty. Also, I will no longer have Yukari refer to Mitsuru as Kirijo-senpai during her point of view. I found it really annoying and I am almost certain you did too. I have also fixed it in the last chapter. 

I must also apologize for not updating in a while. I have been very busy. For those of you sticking with the story, do not expect regular updates. I will try to update whenever I can, but with school starting soon expect a short(kind of) hiatus in the relatively near future.  

One more thing, I stayed up late to publish this so feel free to point out any grammar or spelling mistakes. Same goes for the previous chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 5.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
596K 36.3K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
65K 988 35
What if we hadn't seen everything from Demon Slayer. Here I will create a slightly different story than the original and I will expand it! This book...
950 60 5
Kanao had fully expected weird things to happen when she bought a supposedly haunted mansion out in the woods. She was undaunted by the idea of a gho...